Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phoenix Arising and Flying Phoenix

cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
edited October 2015 in The Sims 3 Builders
I love Contemporary Moderns. I found an image I loved by an awesome architect on the internet. It reminded me of a Phoenix rising out of the ashes.
roof_up_original.jpg

Unfortunately, there was only one image of the front of the building and nothing else to go on, but that let me be as creative as I would like in back. Thus, I added a wood-burning oven as well as a grill and outdoor fridge to the patio. And, of course, you get a pool and a hot tub, as well as a fun waterfall.
l0wd_original.jpg

Indoors, an open floor plan invites you. The bar is close to the entrance for Sims returning from a hard day at work or for welcoming guests. The kitchen is modern and stream-lined.
l0wu_original.jpg

There is lots of room for Sims who love to party. They can jam, dance, chat, or watch a game on a big screen t.v. Of course, you can exchange the drum set for whatever fits your Sims more.
l1wd_original.jpg

Upstairs is where the orangy wood really contrasts with its complementary color. I love the deep blue here. Horses represent journey, freedom, and victory and thus adds to the Phoenix theme.
l1wu_original.jpg

Two bedrooms share an attached bath. This bath also has the laundry facilities. Combining the two gives you a much nicer, larger room.
l2wd_original.jpg

The home contains a loft with attached bath and balcony. While a perfect master bedroom, this would also make a great office, studio, recreation room, or place to practice magic. (I did use the Diesel bed as I thought it fit best, but you decide.)
l2wu_original.jpg

I wasn't sure if you'd like a nursery or not. This room could also be changed into an office, home gym, or whatever you'd like. (You might also want to add a basement for anything I forget.)
l3wd_original.jpg
Post edited by ciane on

Comments

• Options
    So, I've shown you around, but you might like a full tour. Start with the ground floor. You have a half bath and office as well as that spacious open floor plan.
    l3wu_original.jpg

Go up the spiral stairs. You'll find access to the front balcony, two bedrooms, and a nursery. That second bedroom is designed with a child or teen in mind, but would work for anyone if you got rid of the toys out on the balcony.
    l4wd_original.jpg

Finally, there is the loft. Arranged as a master bedroom, this can easily change. The balcony below had skill building items, so this one is all about relaxing.
    l4wu_original.jpg

If you think you might like this build, click this link to download:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8780668
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Phoenix Arising is a very nice modern home! :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! Very nice roofing! The different colours, sections and textures of the exterior look very nice! The types of and how you have placed the windows in the build looks very nice! Very nice outdoors pool and cooking patio! The outdoors kitchen area is very nice. Sims will enjoy using the wood stove oven there. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub, or have fun swimming in the pool. The waterfall feature is nice for them to enjoy seeing when on the patio or swimming. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The design of the kitchen and bar area is very nice ! The curved sofa seats sitting nook corner is very nice! The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the table there. The blue and grey colour scheme of the walls and bed in the double bedroom looks nice together. The horse picture is a great touch there that you included in the home to reflect the theme of the home. Very nice layout of the levels of the home! It is nice that there is a loft in the home.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    Thank you, @rosemow. It's nice to see that you are still so supportive of everyone's build. I hope life is treating you well.
  • Options
    This is the Sim I made to test the lot. Jacob Grimm is the name of the eldest Brothers Grimm, famous for collecting the fairytales and putting them together in a way to maintain the culture of the common folks (rather than the high-brow style of most writing at the time.) Jacob had to work hard to support his family since both his dad and his grandfather died, leaving him the head of the family as he barely reached his teens.

Despite having to work for a living (Jacob has chosen a career in education), he would love to master the arts. He's not really artistic, but he is a bookworm. This Jacob is also a computer whiz, so he should be able to get some writing in now and then. He's also childish, for having had to grow up so soon, he still longs for that play time he had to give up.

I hope you will want to add him to your game. I enjoyed playing him as he has the ability to make friends so easily with the play tag option. That has the added benefit of raising his fun so quickly.

original.jpg

If you are interested, Jacob (or Jake, as his friends might refer to him) is here:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8780875
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited October 2015
    Good Morning ciane, these are both really great. I really like the sim's backstory and he looks like he would be fun to play. I really like the texture you put on his denim vest. That house is amazing. There is so much visual interest and great curb appeal. Will certainly be adding this to my game, added the house to my favorites. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    Awww, thank you @catdog123. The same is true of your home as well, though you said it much more elequently than I.
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    I loved the house so I clicked the download link! :p I like the design and the contrast in colors and as always I can't wait to really explore in game to get the full effect :)

I also really like Jacob. I think the childish trait is a lot of fun to play and it sure never hurts to have one more handsome man running around town, lol
  • Options
    Awww, thanks @tanubanue! I wonder what your games look like with all the extra sims and homes you add. I hope you have a pleasant encounter with Jacob whenever you see him about town.
  • Options
    I love it because everywhere I look is a home or lot or sim that someone I care about created. It takes me forever to start a new game because I go through and bull doze many lots and replace them. Catdog had suggested a great world that is unpopulated so I get to use all the sims I want to and see what they get up too. The only difficult thing sometimes is choosing which house and which sims to play that time around, lol I added story progression so I love seeing what happens with who and who stays together, gets together, etc
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    My dear @Ciane.... I just love the gifts you had made for your Spooky Buddy! I gave them well-deserving recs. ;)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Thank you @MsPrissy88. I can say the same your work.
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    @Ciane Hey previous buddy...as always your gifts amaze me. Phoenix arising is simply brilliant, I love the architect of the lot and I think that you have a great job improvising on how the back of the lot would look, it compliments the build rather nicely.

Jacob Grimm is very handsome which very good traits, I think he would be a great addition to any game.

I have stopped by to rec these for you. :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Jacob is very nice! :) It is nice reading his background details. His traits are great . The clothing outfits that he is wearing look nice.
  • Options
    Well, @scorpiophoenix, after finishing the home I made for you, I was playing in IP. (I love that world!) One of things I always do there is move everyone off the houseboats and delete all but a couple where I make the ports No Visitors Allowed to keep Sims away to avoid any routing problems there. I usually place a little tug boat that I love made by @walkingstick at one of the problem ports; but someone asked me to share my revised world, so that meant I really needed to make my own boat for that port. That's when I had the idea to make a boat for you.

This is Flying Phoenix. It uses those same architectural pieces I used in the other build. Those are really quite fun to add as accents!
    roof_up_original.jpg

I like the stream-lined look.
    l1wu_original.jpg

l1wd_original.jpg

l0wd_original.jpg

l0wu_original.jpg

So, if nothing else, maybe you want a small boat taking up space in a troublesome port:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8781511
  • Options
    And lastly, this was the tester for the Flying Phoenix.
    original.jpg
    As you can see by the pic, he's a hopeless romantic and a great kisser who wants to be a 5-star chef someday and get that great rewards fridge for his houseboat.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8781533

I hope you find some use for these gifts if you can get in game anytime soon.
  • Options
    Neat houseboat Ciane. I like the use of colors especially. I'll follow the link to find out handsome testers name, lol
  • Options
    Ah, poor Shaun. I didn't introduce him properly, did I @tanubanue? His full name is Deshaun Chaney so he goes by Shaun or Shane.
  • Options
    Lol that's ok it sent me on a fun little mission to discover more about him :)
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    I saw your little boat this morning, @Ciane! Rec'd it then. Someday, whenever I get back into playing IP, I'll have to download it and plop it in my game. :D And I like tester no. 2! Rather handsome young man.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Flying Phoenix is a very nice boat! :) The design of it is very nice! The grey, blue and white colour scheme of the boat home looks nice. Nice outdoors chess area for sims to enjoy playing chess in the sea air. Very nice layout of the interior. The bookcases look nice placed on both of the side walls. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa reading a book and looking out through the windows at the sea views. The lamps look nice on the bedside tables, and the coat shelves are nice home touches on the bedhead wall.
    Shaun is very nice! He will enjoy living on his boat and have fun sailing the sims world sea.
    The builds and the sims are very nice! :)
  • Options
    Thank you for your lovely words. I hope you all have great weeks ahead.
  • Options
    Jen1129Jen1129 Posts: 267 Member
    Wow, these are gorgeous builds! You're so talented. Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    Thank you so much @Jen1129. I appreciate those kind words.
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @ciane

You already know that I'm a fan of your builds, but even running the risk of repeating myself (because some things are worth the repeat!), I have to say... you do wonders with a smaller lot!

Phoenix Arising sits on a 25 x 25 and doesn't seem cramped at all. Efficient design and comfortable furnishings = happy sims

Jake is handsome and his traits suit him very well.

The Flying Phoenix will create waves on the waters and in conversations because of its sleek, stylish design.

Shaun... Shane... Deshaun... no matter what he is called, this handsome fellow will be heating up things in the kitchen and setting hearts on fire.

These gifts will definitely delight scorpio (and others!) :smiley: