Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help with Plaques

PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
I completed 3 collections and I'm not seeing the plaque. I looked in their household inventory and their personal inventories. Am I missing something? Don't know if it makes a difference, but, I used the debug cheat. I typed that in, got what I needed in the collection, put it on the ground, had one of my sims in the house put it in their inventory and after the last one got put in, the thing popped up saying that collection was complete, but, yet, I don't see the plaque. I looked in the household inventory and each personal inventory. Where does it put it? Any help would be appreciated. Your sim is suppose to get a plaque when completing a collection. The space rock collection as of the beginning of the game wasn't giving it. I don't think they fixed that yet.

Edit: I got 2 of them in the mail. I didn't know it was suppose to be mailed. I don't remember the Prima Guide saying anything about that. Question, is the space rock collection plaque still not being given? I did try to spawn some of the plaques with the How to Spawn Collectibles guide on SimsVIP, but, didn't work. Did some recent patch break that? I noticed in the comments on that post that on December 10th someone said spawning the collectibles wasn't working. Don't know if the collectibles being in buydebug has something to do with it. Oh..the plaques aren't in buydebug. Not that I saw anyway.

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    I don't think you get a plaque when completing collections. I may be wrong though.

Others may known if there are plaques or not. :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I completed 3 collections and I'm not seeing the plaque. I looked in their household inventory and their personal inventories. Am I missing something? Don't know if it makes a difference, but, I used the debug cheat. I typed that in, got what I needed in the collection, put it on the ground, had one of my sims in the house put it in their inventory and after the last one got put in, the thing popped up saying that collection was complete, but, yet, I don't see the plaque. I looked in the household inventory and each personal inventory. Where does it put it? Any help would be appreciated. Your sim is suppose to get a plaque when completing a collection. The space rock collection as of the beginning of the game wasn't giving it. I don't think they fixed that yet.

Edit: I got 2 of them in the mail. I didn't know it was suppose to be mailed. I don't remember the Prima Guide saying anything about that. Question, is the space rock collection plaque still not being given?

I don't remember if I got a plaque for the space rock collection -- I'll have to check that save. I know I got one for the MySims and the gardening, and yes, they came in the mail (like we got the skill certificates in Sims 3).

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Thanks stilljustme. Ya, check your save to see if you got it. It's been broken since the beginning of the game, but, don't know if it got fixed. It should have gotten fixed by now, but, you now how fixing broken thing in the game goes.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Just checked and no Space Rocks plaque -- and my Sim completed it the natural way, no cheats. (And now I have to "re-complete" the gardening collection with the plants from Outdoor Retreat -- looks like my Sims are going camping. :| )
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Thanks stilljustme. Maybe next patch they'll fix sims not getting the plaque for completing the space rock collection. I'm not going to complete that one until they fix it (hope I don't have to wait a long time).
  • Options
    kirajmpkirajmp Posts: 385 Member
    You get a plaque for all the collections except the space rocks. You get an orchid flower (seed) in the mail for that collection instead of a plaque.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I figured it was still not fixed, but, I was hopeful that it might be. Well, hopefully they'll fix that soon.

Edit: My sim didn't get the plaque for finishing the Fish. At least 4 Sim days have passed and it hasn't arrived in the mail. I looked on SimsVIP, and 2 others reported last month (Dec. 20th & Dec. 26th) not getting it either. I'm guessing since your sim used to get it, then some patch right before Dec. 20th broke that. When I start my game, I'm going to get the space rocks and see if I get that plaque. I know that's been broken since the beginning, but, I'm gonna see if my sim gets that since she didn't get the fish plaque.
    Post edited by PrfctAngl673 on
  • Options
    Nope, didn't get either the fishing or the space rock plaques (it's been total 1 sim week). I just got that orchid from completing the space rock collection.
  • Options
    *Bump* Fix this issue please EA.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    kirajmp wrote: »
    You get a plaque for all the collections except the space rocks. You get an orchid flower (seed) in the mail for that collection instead of a plaque.
    I caught the orchid fishing and my sim was low level!
  • Options
    SadpandaSadpanda Posts: 1 New Member
    Do you have to mount the fish for it to count?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Sadpanda wrote: »
    Do you have to mount the fish for it to count?

No. Just check the mail.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Thanks for confirming that @EgonVM. Closing necro'd thread.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top