Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

England/british style sims

Comments

• Options
    sirpadfoot42sirpadfoot42 Posts: 40 Member
    > @Miricha said:
    > We'd need a weather EP first, you couldn't make an authentic version of the UK with the constant sunshine we currently have in game... It just wouldn't feel right!
    >
    > It'd be cool to have the ability to build terraced houses though.

Ha, that's true! I remember when I went to the UK back in '03. I was there May-June and travelled through England/Wales/Scotland and there were maybe six days of sunshine the whole time? The rest of the time it was rainy/windy/just cloudy. Of course, I LOVE that kind of weather so I wasn't complaining!

Anyway, as far as the OP subject goes: I WOULD LOVE THAT SO MUUUUCH. I miss the UK terribly and it would be fantastic to have at least one neighbourhood themed toward the UK. Kind of like in the Sims 3 when they released all that Russian architecture and whatnot, they could do something similar, making row houses/stand alones that are like those found in the UK. Or even specifically recreate certain cities, like London or Glasgow, something like that!
    Man, I would LOVE something like that, so so so much.
    Valar Morghulis.
    gif345_zpshthqe2cw.gif

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    The entire time I was in London it was sunny the entire time.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    A Scandinavian World would not bee to bad either..;-)
  • Options
    pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    You put those accents in my Sims game and I may never leave my PC...

UNF.

Yeah I wanted them to give us a choice of accents myself, like they have in the Medieval Sims game, I loved them <3 and prefer them to what they gave us, though its better then in the other Sims games, its not much better! :\ But they wont ever give us accents like that for their main The Sims games! :(
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I am sorry but blue police boxes disappeared a long time ago :) there may be a couple listed like some red telephone boxes but I haven't seen one in a very long time.

EA would have to decide if it wanted a new Britain or an old Britain. The capitals all have amazing modern buildings which sit alongside the more traditional stuff. As for thatched cottages they do exist but the thatch remains a fire risk so modern village houses have tiled rooves these days :)

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Quinn23Quinn23 Posts: 95 Member
    I must be special. I visit London twice a year for two weeks at a time and have been for about the past twenty years. I have been there in every season and at every time of the year. In that time of over five hundred days, I've seen rain less than half-a-dozen days. I was there when the trade center came down. I was there when lady Diana was lost. I was there when my wife married me. I was there when Kate became the Duchess of Cambridge and also when they welcomed Prince George ("there" meaning in London and not in the room). But I can't seem to be there when it rains.

Now when I am in Ireland, rain, every day, for about ten minutes around ten in the morning, then beautiful blue skies for the rest of the day.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hello @Quinn23 you obviously brought their good weather with you :) Our climate is changing like everywhere else. Instead of snow and sharp frosts we seem to be getting long seasons of heavy rain. Last year was particularly bad where I live and there was a lot of flooding.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    The entire time I was in London it was sunny the entire time.

Aye, the weather was pretty consistent this summer. But as that's not usually the case, we were still taking about it!
    When the weather's all over the place, as is usually the case, we talk about the weather...
    When the weather's actually consistent, we still talk about it as we can hardly believe it's stabilised.

That's Britain ;)
    HSau :)
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,337 Member
    Now that they have game packs. They can make all kinds of add on's. English/British style sims game pack.
  • Options
    Quinn23Quinn23 Posts: 95 Member
    I want my sims to have a variety of accents. That would be a fun add.

A UK game pack could contain UK site icons like the Clock / Elizabeth Tower and Stonehenge and different British, Scottish, Welsh and N. Irish accents.
  • Options
    momoeienmomoeien Posts: 40 New Member
    That would be sweet! Currently I live in the US but I want to move to the UK after grad school. A sims 4 pack on this topic would be super cool I think. Good idea! :)
  • Options
    Heatherb596Heatherb596 Posts: 94 Member
    This thread has really amused me. I laughed out loud at the mention of us getting lizards and scorpions through our letterboxes. More likely to get spiders and flies. But, most of you have only really focused on London - yes it's a great capital but there are so many other wonderful towns, cities and regions to visit. I come from the north (Yorkshire) - would love you to see things in the Sims from there: flat caps, whippets, Yorkshire pudding with sausage & mash, stone walls running across massive fields, loads of hills, country pubs that allow dogs, and don't forget your teenage mums ;-) obviously I'm being very stereotypical. Personally I loved the three worlds from Sims 3 World Adventures and would like to see something like these.
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Love the idea!
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    A Jeremy Kyle expansion pack maybe?
    Think of the CAS options!

For the love of sims, please no!
    Quinn23 wrote: »
    A blue Police Box and a raggedy man.

Please YES!!!

My ideal for a British world would be an old country village.
    Quinn23 wrote: »
    I must be special. I visit London twice a year for two weeks at a time and have been for about the past twenty years. I have been there in every season and at every time of the year. In that time of over five hundred days, I've seen rain less than half-a-dozen days. I was there when the trade center came down. I was there when lady Diana was lost. I was there when my wife married me. I was there when Kate became the Duchess of Cambridge and also when they welcomed Prince George ("there" meaning in London and not in the room). But I can't seem to be there when it rains.

Now when I am in Ireland, rain, every day, for about ten minutes around ten in the morning, then beautiful blue skies for the rest of the day.

Ever been to the North West? The rain it raineth every day!

tumblr_m6riqaEhMP1qz7g3r.gif
  • Options
    ladymadonnaladymadonna Posts: 141 Member
    edited January 2015
    what would really be different? adding rain? or sims being stupidly polite to each other whilst waiting in queues? but in all serious i know what you mean.. i'm british too and would like to see a few tweaks.. on the fashion side especially! would like to see some more hairstyles too!

oh yeah deffo some british pubs!
  • Options
    SeanT346SeanT346 Posts: 307 Member
    edited January 2015
    Many of you are lumping in Ireland with a British-themed expansion pack and I just wanted to clarify that Ireland is a separate political state in its own right. It is not a part of the UK or Britain. Even though things get complicated from here.

Britain and Ireland are two large islands in north-western Europe. Britain is comprised of three countries - England, Wales and Scotland. By modern standards, England, Wales and Scotland are not modern day sovereign states. They are countries in a cultural sense. People in England, Wales and Scotland have their own distinct nationalities, cultures and have some political control over their respective countries. People from England are English, people from Wales are Welsh and people from Scotland are Scottish. The English, Welsh and Scottish people may also self-identify themselves as British and politically are British as England, Wales and Scotland are three of the four countries that make up the political state of the United Kingdom or the UK.

The UK is a fully recognised sovereign state and member of the UN. It's an international political entity whereas England, Wales and Scotland are just countries in a cultural sense.

The entire island of Ireland was once under control of the British Empire. In 1922, five-sixths of the island split from Britain and the UK and became an independent political state known officially as Ireland, commonly known as the Republic of Ireland to differentiate from the island. The Republic of Ireland is a fully recognised sovereign state and member of the UN.

The remaining one-sixth of the island of Ireland became the fourth UK country (in a cultural sense) known as Northern Ireland. Like England, Wales and Scotland; Northern Ireland has a certain level of control over its territory but it is ultimately a part of the UK. However, from a cultural perspective, many Northern Irish people reject the British label and define themselves as Irish. And vise-versa with many Northern Irish people defining themselves as British. Some may define themselves as both Irish and British. Or Northern Irish. Northern Irish people are entitled to Irish citizenship despite being a part of the UK. The same applies if Northern Ireland ever joins the Republic of Ireland with Northern Irish being allowed to keep UK citizenship if they so desire. This agreement was put in place by the Irish and UK governments to ensure peace in the near-century since Ireland split from the UK.

My reason for that whole diatribe was because many posters here were quick to define England/Scotland/Wales as being separate from Britain and nobody said anything about Ireland. But yeah, the structure of the UK and definition of nationalities there is very complicated. When people assume of all of Ireland is a part of the UK/Britain, it can be frustrating for people from the Republic because both our political and cultural status is misunderstood. It's kind of like people assuming Canada is part of the US or New Zealand part of Australia.

My political ramblings aside, I think a UK/Ireland world would be very nice as we do share similar foods, architecture, bad weather and culture (pubs and tea drinking mostly). But I would love to see any country represented in the Sims' universe. I was against The Sims taking place in the real world initially but World Adventures did such a splendid job of creating new atmospheres and cultures (the China, Egypt and France neighbourhoods felt very different and fresh compared to the 'hoods already in the game) that I hope they keep it up.
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    @Heatherb596 I'm from Yorkshire too and I totally agree with you (not so sure about teens mums being unique to us though! :D ) But we definitely need some tweed fashions. And Yorkshire puds mmm! :)
    HSau :)
  • Options
    JanzibaJanziba Posts: 10 New Member
    I live in the south of England and I would love to have a British seaside town ! When i was little we went on holiday to a town called Polperro, if you look it up in Google images you can see how beautiful a place it is. All the houses stacked up on the cliff and a small half moon sandy bay just outside the harbor walls

You could have a pub at the top of a cliff overlooking the harbor where you could eat fish and chips or have a Sunday roast (always a must even in summer). Or have a Knickerbocker Glory

They could add a railway going up the cliff like the lynton and lynmouth cliff railway (google it!!!!)....maybe just in the background. As i don't see them changing transport anytime soon.

Trips out on the fishing boats and on tours of the harbor.

Lots of little shops selling mood rings, postcards and sticks of rock

we stayed in a caravan park at the top of the hill for a week so you could even incorporate that and make it into a vacation neighborhood

OH and you can have a whole line of new recipes to learn for the cooking skill!!!

Victoria sponge
    spotted 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    toad in the hole
    beans on toast
    Yorkshire pudding

A seaside village probably wouldn't be very popular or be the way the developers would go but to me its some of the best parts of British life.

I'll settle for a Sims Brighton just as long as they include the pier!
  • Options
    AuroraCelerySimsAuroraCelerySims Posts: 39 Member
    That's a cool idea! I'm not American or British, I'm Canadian, and I dislike the lack of variety in The Sims 4. They should add more items from a lot of different cultures. I think what often stops me from just rage quitting, is the knowledge that they will update the game more, which is a phrase I repeat to myself every 30 seconds :D
  • Options
    AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    edited March 2015
    @Janziba, a British seaside village sounds like a wonderful idea.

Now I'm hungry. Not even a loaf of bread for the beans! I'm going to have to venture out and drive to the store. A cottage pie sounds really good about now.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    This thread made me giggle.

I love peoples ideas, but i can see major complications in the making.

Im from east england and have been to the south/north and scotland and wales. Each place as cultural differences, where different parts of history has imfluenced the area, like suffolk and northfolk have a varity of different historical times, and these areas are somewhat different to the north and south, i find they have a more quient theme(towns and villiages.)

i think sims creators would have to pick a period of history to focus on otherwise it would make it complicated.

I love the idea of an english neighbour hood but i think somerset/cornwall would be perfect for most of the ideas i have read.

Ps. We have many coloured buses from red to green etc. Black cabs and cars with cab names on them.

Haha im still giggling, its gna keep me amused all day
  • Options
    AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited March 2015
    I'll like it as long as it adds British accents. I'd love it if it had what you've all been suggesting. And if it had a TARDIS, I'd give EA ALL of my money.

Also @SeanT346 , thanks for the history lesson!
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Options
    isfreakisfreak Posts: 117 Member
    Would love to see either the london eye or something like it in a british version of the game. Obviously with the option to ride/woohoo. Maybe even have the option of the underground which will teleport you to where you wanna go?
  • Options
    JanzibaJanziba Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Annikaperi said:
    > Janziba, a British seaside village sounds like a wonderful idea.
    >
    > Now I'm hungry. Not even a loaf of bread for the beans! I'm going to have to venture out and drive to the store. A cottage pie sounds really good about now.

I cant believe I spent a whole post talking about how I love a Cornish seaside town and I didn't mention Cornish pasties OR scones :open_mouth:

Also, guess who had beans on toast for lunch B)
  • Options
    AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    @janziba, Cornish pasties, yum!

I'll like it as long as it adds British accents. ...

Actually, I was laughing earlier in this thread because I was imagining the likes of Steven Fry or Helen Mirren delivering lines in Simlish.