Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

England/british style sims

Comments

• Options
    MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Thatched roof cottages, ancient castles, stonehenge, tiny dickensian style terraced houses, pubs!, football (soccer to you), the gentle swish of crickets bats on the lawn while ladies in floral dresses sip tea on the patio... Ok Im getting too British now. Lol
    Oh, and I am a full Brit, born and bred... and I have never seen a red double decker bus in my life. Too many movies :D

Are you Cornish? We have red double-deckers across the county border in Plymouth...

1049.jpg

We also have black cabs and there is a red phonebox and postbox right outside my flat.

Also London's full of 'em.

London_Bus_route_137.jpg

Not all of them are double deckers but all the ones I've seen are red and I'm there almost every day. It just depends on what bus company you have in your area I guess. Most of the buses where I live are green and blue.

And with the cab situation, anywhere I've been that's not London just uses regular cars with a cab company sticker on them.

If the sims had a British style neigbourhood I'm pretty sure they'd use all the iconic imagery like red buses and whatnot because that's the image that non Brits have of the UK.

Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Yes it's a bit overdone with the idea that all brits have bad teeth, I've seen lots of Hollywood style teeth, and quite a few brits are very fashionable as well too.

I like to drink both tea and coffee, most people I've met drink coffee.

In the North West I've never seen a red bus, and I've just started seeing black cabs, up north a bit they don't have them, or at least I've never seen them.

It's interesting to see people's opinions of The UK.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited December 2014
    I think Sims 3 tried to go this route before with the "Aurora Sky" world it had a European feel to me.
    British theme specifically would be great though! I'd love to make a Dr. Who sim and story!
  • Options
    Graycat2000Graycat2000 Posts: 304 Member
    I'm British and would love to be able to pour tea from a proper teapot, be able to serve little cakes off silver trays and be able to go to venues for afternoon tea.
    We should also have a soap opera channel on TV and watch Simonation Street or Simmerdale.
    It would be cool to have tudor style houses as well
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I'm British and would love to be able to pour tea from a proper teapot, be able to serve little cakes off silver trays and be able to go to venues for afternoon tea. <br />
    We should also have a soap opera channel on TV and watch Simonation Street or Simmerdale. <br />
    It would be cool to have tudor style houses as well

How about "Oasis Springers" (EastEnders) or "The Only Way is Willow Creek" (The Only Way is Essex)?

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »
    Being a brit i love playing the sims, its american styled (obvs it being made american and being based in america) it makes it so much fun living the american life style... Mail boxes, styles of homes, pools (soon) etc<br />
    <br />
    However... How would american simmers feel if they went british style? London town, country style?

That would make me so happy on every single level ever that I would probably explode. Anglophile here...massively.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Really they should make different versions that go with the countries that they sell to. That way if someone wants a certain style to their game, they can purchase the version they want, But that would be too much and would not make enough money, and it is about the money!
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    I always felt that simmers who dont live in the usa had a little extra fun, cause we use to see those things in the movies and then we actually could play with it.. for me one of the reasons why i enjoyed it so much.. it was endless with options!

I did like the idea of countries with the belonging atmosphere in WA, BUT i hated the adventure part about it, the visa rules that limited you unless you are chasing a mummy in a cave or something.. that wasn't good.

I would like to see ts1/ts2 holiday style, but then the sims-countries from ts3 and maybe more than just 3. Being able to buy property there, choose the days of travel and maybe for those who want exploring the environment a bit, but it should be totally separate.
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    EuanSim wrote: »
    A town based on an East Anglian market area would be brilliant.

elm-hill-norwich-cobbled.jpg

Norwich, Norfolk's county town, would make a great sims neighbourhood.

beccles-sheepgate.jpg

This is also a lovely town which is vibrant with traditional Anglian lifestyle (one of the most English towns in England).

I live in an east anglian market town, its a soul destroying middle class hellhole and I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemies let alone my sims.

What, so you'd rather live in a run down area of London or Birmingham? Pfft.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I'm a Brit and like playing the Sims as it is. I don't think it's particularly Americanised. I feel like it's just their own little world to be honest. I'd probably cringe seeing an British/English theme, there's not much difference in our way of life than America either. If they are gonna bring out a themed pack i'd hope for a Japanese one. Something that's very different to what we have now but just as with the British idea, there's a fine line between homage and racism so i'd just rather they left it alone.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    If they do a World Adventure exp I would love to see a British theme neighborhood/world to visit. The only question would be what life state/hobby to tie in with the exp.

In 3, the wine-making hobby was tied in with the France-themed neighborhood, the martial arts hobby with the Oriental-themed neighborhood, and mummy life state with the Egypt-themed neighborhood.

• Options
    Ben1010Ben1010 Posts: 270 Member
    Wrenry wrote: »
    If they do a World Adventure exp I would love to see a British theme neighborhood/world to visit. The only question would be what life state/hobby to tie in with the exp.

In 3, the wine-making hobby was tied in with the France-themed neighborhood, the martial arts hobby with the Oriental-themed neighborhood, and mummy life state with the Egypt-themed neighborhood.

Binge drinking and drug abuse could be an appropriate hobby for Sims 4 Britain -.-
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Well the British Isles has a long history of alcohol making, beer, cider, mead, whisky and whiskey. These days we also have award winning vineyards and have started growing our own tea. That might fit with a WA type EP :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    They would need to bring back terrain tools if they were ever going to do Scotland :neutral_face: We're all hills and valleys here. And Seasons. We can have every type of weather in one day.

To be honest, I agree with @Crackfox . I don't think the game is overly American - I like it just the way it is.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    MaroonPantsMaroonPants Posts: 387 Member
    I do like the country style world, but a London style world would limit my opportunities, unless it is an older style city, with cobblestone streets. I would love that!
    11909804_873412349399467_742719380_n.jpg?oh=52e438b18b94d2bf9fc31502acc3571d&oe=55D2753F
    I made art of of a Pepe and Google Deep Dream XD
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I think that's a great idea. I always felt like the developers should embrace other nations in the game.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    I'm from England and I do like the idea but I must admit if they did decide to do it I'd hope they themed it after somewhere that isn't London.

I know it's the most iconic place in the country and it would make the most sense to theme it after that city but not being a Londoner I get a bit tired of everything being themed after London. We're a whole country, not just one city and TBH I really don't feel that London represents England as a whole.

I wouldn't expect anything to be themed off my naff area but I just don't want to end up with a really heavy London influence in my game.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Have a council estate full of Sim 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ;)
  • Options
    --ginafz9l---ginafz9l- Posts: 330 Member
    We should also have a soap opera channel on TV and watch Simonation Street or Simmerdale. <br />

Yes. Oh gosh that would be amazing xD
  • Options
    Graycat2000Graycat2000 Posts: 304 Member
    A Jeremy Kyle expansion pack maybe?
    Think of the CAS options!
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    A Jeremy Kyle expansion pack maybe? <br />
    Think of the CAS options!

Sometimes I think my sims could star on Jeremy Kyle in their own rights.
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Absolutely! They've added our fish and chips. Surely we have more than that!! :D
    HSau :)
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Zakeira wrote: »
    Leave it to my fellow Americans to figure out a way to deliver the post without actually having to get out of the truck. :D

Actually boxes on posts near the street are only in rural areas and those subdivisions where there are no sidewalks. Our postal service is not lazy.

I think a mail slot in the door would be a nice change, also perhaps a wall mounted postal box. Other than vehicles, I haven't see much difference between the building structures.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Talking of lorries, the cars would have to be on the left hand side of the road :) Assuming we get cars. Now that would confuse everyone just like in real life :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Quinn23Quinn23 Posts: 95 Member
    A blue Police Box and a raggedy man.