Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

3D Pruetts: Jan 12 - Stories by Jes2G

Comments

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    YEAH! That's what I mean! I can't ignore them. I used to, but I can't anymore.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    OhRenSimsOhRenSims Posts: 933 Member
    Exactly! It just doesn't feel quite right... once you start really trying to develop a story for all of the sims in the family it feels weird for them to just "go away." In the beginning I didn't care as much because I didn't develop much story for the sims, to be honest. HA HA! But now it's like, BUT LOU! And ELAINA! Although, TBH I still didn't care that much about August, Leland's twin, ha ha ha. Which makes me feel a little bit awful but honestly he was one of my least favorite sims EVER. It's not just that he was a hot-headed slob, but that he was absolutely HORRIBLE to the other sims in the house and was always making everyone upset... grrrr... I've had EVIL sims that were nicer than he was... :tongue:
    FVIRakw.jpg
    The Waite Legacy (Wordpress)
    The Mills Legacy (Coming Soon!, Wordpress)
  • Options
    Hey folks! I apologize for the unintentional break this week. We'll be back soon!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    edited November 2015
    No worries! Take your time- the sims will be here, and so will we. ;) You deserve a break- WE ALL DO. I hope everything is okay.
    FVIRakw.jpg
  • Options
    Everything is fine, thanks! Just haven't gotten to play yet.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Yeah, I completely understand that... I have finally had time to actually play again for the first time in a while.
    FVIRakw.jpg
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Thank you, @CathyTea! We'll see what happens in the future!

It was funny...of course I've known what's going to happen for a few months now, right? But it didn't occur to me until just last week what we actually did! I was writing to @Jufanzaly, and I interrupted my sentence with "OH WAIT!! Sasha is going to be a legacy spouse!!" lol That never happens! Has anyone ever seen a spare marry an heir before? That's like the best upgrade ever! That "ah ha" moment made this whole thing even more rich to me!

People make fun of me (well, people as in @aroseinbloom LOL) for putting too much emphasis on my spares and other family members, but I like for them all to lead awesome lives. But, it's so hard to do and there's so little time. It just warmed me so much when I realized exactly how awesome Sasha's life was going to be now. :D

I think it should happen way more often than it does! But yeah I was thinking something along the same lines when my Gretchen married into the Belle legacy, except that ironically she was never interested in being an heir in mine, so it was more the other way around... Like, she didn't want to be the heir but she ended up being a legacy spouse in a whole other legacy anyway... just can't escape those legacies :D

I love your emphasis on spares Jes2G ! I really enjoyed watching Melody and Cadence pan out lives in generation 7, that was one of my favourite bits... and Bianca and Giancarlo were epic! Same with the amazing spares in CathyTea's legacy; I mean Shug and Onezero are easily the most memorable family members :)

Spares deserve all the attention (in one of my recent generations I didn't like the heir at all, so I basically ignored him, and now he doesn't even live with the legacy family anymore lol! So I'm right there with you in that boat Jes!)
  • Options
    YES! Thanks for agreeing with me, @ThePlumbob lol. For me, a lot of the time, the spares' lives are a lot more interesting than the heirs' lives. I mean, let's face it. True, all of our stories and even the lives of all our heirs are different, but the heirs all have the same lives: find someone, get married, have kids, and die LOL. We fill in the gaps with our own flare, but that's pretty much how it goes. The spares aren't bound to that formula, so I think our imaginations can run wild with them...at least mine does :p
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I don't know. I think the lives of the heirs don't have to all the same. It's on us how we steer them through it. I mean you yourself kind of broke that stereotype with Owen Pruett. Heirs can rebel (Damen Belle of the Belle Legacy was a very memorable character), run away, be disowned, become ineligible or even die horribly. If you're bold enough and don't follow the legacy rules too strictly you can even let the main legacy line die out and save it by some irrelevant distant relative. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I don't know. I think the lives of the heirs don't have to all the same. It's on us how we steer them through it. I mean you yourself kind of broke that stereotype with Owen Pruett. Heirs can rebel (Damen Belle of the Belle Legacy was a very memorable character), run away, be disowned, become ineligible or even die horribly. If you're bold enough and don't follow the legacy rules too strictly you can even let the main legacy line die out and save it by some irrelevant distant relative. :)

I think that Jes of all people isn't one to be afraid of tweaking the rules a bit :) - just to be clear that's meant as a compliment, personally I break rules all the time! I do agree that heirs can be interesting too (the way I see it the only requirement for them is to eventually reproduce at some point in their life, but anything else is fair game). Some characters are just more interesting than others in general though, and it would be a shame for them to be overlooked just because they're spares :)
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited November 2015
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Some characters are just more interesting than others in general though, and it would be a shame for them to be overlooked just because they're spares :)

Of course! It goes both ways. Heirs don't have to be boring because they're heirs. That's what I meant.

heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options

You're so right.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Some characters are just more interesting than others in general though, and it would be a shame for them to be overlooked just because they're spares :)

Of course! It goes both ways. Heirs don't have to be boring because they're heirs. That's what I meant.

You're right again lol. I'm thinking back through all my heirs, and although I technically only broke the rules with one of them, they've all been interesting in their own ways. Donnie was a mess, and that was really entertaining. Aiden was hilarious to me with his confidence but at the same time he was clueless about everything. Jayden was boring to me, but his marital issues kept things interesting. Brandon was boring too, but I had Bianca and Giancarlo to cover that up :p Lance was a cool character, but he was the first heir to not have any drama, and that was kinda new to me and at first seemed boring. Luckily Melody's story was going on at the time, so that stole my attention. But then, I went back and read the story from beginning to that point and realized just how much drama there was. It was exhilarating, but I was like wow...I can't have a story that's nothing but drama after drama after drama. That's when I decided to tone it down a bit and bring back the happiness that the legacy began with. So, Lance and Myra were happy. Then of course I got heavily into Alayna and Roland who stole the first third of gen 8 but Owen's story was happening along side. We all know how mold breaking his story was, he he. Brady and and Julian probably lived the most "normal" lives of all the heirs but still ended up with very interesting lives so...you're right! Heirs don't have to be boring! :)
    forum_final.png

• Options
    The Pruetts are coming! The Pruetts are coming! :D Well, at least one chapter is lol
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Hmmm...I'm not gonna be around much tomorrow, so I think I'll post this chapter today instead! You're welcome. ;)
    forum_final.png

• Options
    forum_final.png

• Options
    I am soooo happy and so thankful and so excited for Sasha to be joining the Waite family. :) And this chapter was just too sweet. Aww. And that moment with Brady at the end of the chapter... it melted me right up into a puddle of warm joy. But it was also a bit sad. Bittersweet. Like a perfect dark chocolate bar. You have to take it in slowly, savor it, but eventually when the time comes for it to be finished you're sad and you want more. Mm... yup. This chapter was like a perfect dark chocolate bar.
    FVIRakw.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you, @Jufanzaly! I almost didn't include her and Brady's part, but I just couldn't let her go without seeing him again! I kept thinking to myself, what if he comes back one night and asks about her? It'll be like, "Oh yeah...she left town and got married! She's a legacy spouse now...you didn't know?" LOL, can't do that to my sweet Brady :)

Speaking of Brady...(knock on wood)...so far he's the only ghost who doesn't break anything when he visits! Let's hope he keeps behaving well.

My plans changed for today, so I'm on here for a little bit. I scheduled a little slideshow to come out this morning. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/9-28-life-in-pictures/
    forum_final.png

• Options
    I meant to say...watching Sasha play while she waited for Brady almost made me want to start playing again...almost lol.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    So...I recognize my behavior as of late has not been busyness or even laziness. Just straight up avoidance :( (sigh) Going in game for a short while. Don't get your hopes up.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    :( Oh no! Maybe you just need to take a bit of a break, get some space and breathe for a while. Work on other things? That happens sometimes. We will all be here waiting for when you return.
    FVIRakw.jpg
  • Options
    Nah. Just having anxiety about the end because everything that happens from here on out shapes the end. :'(
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Aww. :'( Well, I'm here if you need to vent/talk or whatever.
    FVIRakw.jpg
  • Options
    I know :)
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Good morning, Pruett fans!

Sorry for my absence. Well, I've been around, just not here. I'm pushing through my anxious feelings and have a couple chapters planned for the week! Here's a quick little vignette while I write a real chapter for tomorrow. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/9-29-cooking-with-juliette/
    forum_final.png