Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July focuses on everyone's favorite pastime *Updated Wednesday, July 2!

Comments

• Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited June 2014
    So this table has it's own interactions? Maybe in the future before the store closes we could get a table that adds romantic interactions like we had in ts2.

Hello Cat :) This table may have romantic interactions? :shock: Forgive my ignorance, but is the tea set joined to the table? I apologise if we have been told and I have missed this somewhere, or is it just the tea set and tray that is the pc item? *blush*

From the way it read a few pages back the tea set is attached or connected to the table.
    Thank you for your response Cat :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    So this table has it's own interactions? Maybe in the future before the store closes we could get a table that adds romantic interactions like we had in ts2.

Hello Cat :) This table may have romantic interactions? :shock: Forgive my ignorance, but is the tea set joined to the table? I apologise if we have been told and I have missed this somewhere, or is it just the tea set and tray that is the pc item? *blush*

From the way it read a few pages back the tea set is attached or connected to the table.

Kate, I believe Cat is correct and it's been pretty much confirmed that the tea set is joined to the table. I believe the Store team designed it this way to solve the mega-issue of trying to route 4 different sims to the same table to drink tea at the same time and not having them jump up when they are finished. :D
    Thank you Mistletoe, I missed this information :) That makes sense that it has been created that way :) Getting sims to dine and chat with one another proved difficult with the It's Business Time Industrial Oven and Menus :(
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    Bel008Bel008 Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited June 2014
    This looks so amazing. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited June 2014

tumblr_inline_n3fy10GAha1qas8q5_zpsf01c9261.gif
  • Options
    spartan1spartan1 Posts: 606 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hooray!! I can't wait to get in there and pay more than everyone else for this set!!
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited June 2014
    I like it..
    Personally, I think it will go nicely with the Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Jase wrote:
    I like it..
    Personally, I think it will go nicely with the Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set. :)
    Hello Jase :) I like the Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set. I would like to see this added to. A Bathroom Set would be lovely :)
    (ノ^‿^)ノ *ɧυɢѕ*
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited June 2014
    Me this morning:

money.gif
    1323642517223.gif

i_throw_my_money_at_the_screen_by_nunomc-d4mfdfh.png

LOL! I am pretty eager to see what else they have up their sleeves with this Set.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2014
    Amara, I just want to hear TT or SGC confirm one word. And that word is... SCONES! :lol:
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited June 2014
    Monet11 wrote:
    Question: can the tea set be put on different tables or is it all one object? (Love the table... just curious).
    I'm courthouse about this too. I love the table but I would love it if the tea set were something you could put on any table. Either way I'm just super excited for tea and learning more about this set as a whole. Maybe we'll even see a certain L-shaped staircase make its way back to the store if they worked the bugs out of it. Great Set already Store Team, and we haven't even seen the whole thing lol

L-shaped stairs would make me happy. So would an explanation as to why you are courthouse about this. :lol: :oops: I'm sorry if english isn't your first language. This is probably just a typo. But I find it very funny. :lol: (no offense meant) :D

Lol English is most definitely my first language, I have no idea why my auto correct on my iPad turned "curious" into "courthouse" but upon re-reading that post, I laughed too!

I don't have any gadgets with auto correct so I forget about that happening. :D
    I thought you must have had some intense legal events on you mind. hahaha No runaway imagination here. No. no. move along. nothing to see here :lol:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm waiting to see what other Premium Content items come with it. If it is jam making/preserves plus a few other items I think I'll get it - but probably not on day 1. Unless it is discounted. I got caught by the buying too early to get the belateted early bird discount on the carnival set.

If the Premium Content is just the tea set - then I'll be waiting for a sale.

However, if we do get the clock that teaches out sims to Waltz sometime this year, I'll be rushing in to get that one.

I've never been over excited for tea - I don't drink it myself. And scones would be a 'nice to have'.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    I got caught by the buying too early to get the belateted early bird discount on the carnival set.

I believe if you contact CS you can get the difference refunded.
  • Options
    PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited June 2014
    July focuses on everyone's favorite pastime *Updated Monday, June 16!

Drinking wine?!?
    See's picture,
    Drinking tea?!?
    (I was close :mrgreen: )
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited June 2014
    A tea set?

Ok, I admit, this is pretty exciting news :mrgreen:

I'm not sure if it's been already mentioned, but I'm really, really hoping that we can use some of the herbs/fruit that we have in the game to get different flavoured tea. It wouldn't change much in terms of game play, yet I think it would make for a nice touch.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited June 2014
    Putowtin wrote:

Drinking wine?!?
    See's picture,
    Drinking tea?!?
    :lol:

Tojax wrote:
    A tea set?

Ok, I admit, this is pretty exciting news :mrgreen:

I'm not sure if it's been already mentioned, but I'm really, really hoping that we can use some of the herbs/fruit that we have in the game to get different flavoured tea. It wouldn't change much in terms of game play, yet I think it would make for a nice touch.
    I agree! And it would be great if we can use the honey to sweeten our tea!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Putowtin wrote:

Drinking wine?!?
    See's picture,
    Drinking tea?!?

LMAO! This amuses one.

SNN0305A--_1520920a.jpg
    Krisha880 wrote:
    I agree! And it would be great if we can use the honey to sweeten our tea!

tumblr_inline_mrs3s8wHOs1qz4rgp.gif

edits due to quoting mishaps
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited June 2014
    Dangit! I wanted to be done with the store and then I see this. Why, why did you wait so long to release such awesome stuff?
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited June 2014
    I like this now I can put this in my bakery.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2014
    Amara, I just want to hear TT or SGC confirm one word. And that word is... SCONES! :lol:
    We still have the rest of this week, and this month. So fingers crossed on those scones. :wink::D
  • Options
    TDC95TDC95 Posts: 4,942 Member
    edited June 2014
    This would go great with the rococo set! :mrgreen:

All my fine aristocrats drinking tea and gossiping, speaking of art, and music.

Maybe we can get more rococo content to go with this huh?

Anyone for tea? :P

5f2ec4e5cef4caf94cfd5ee26dc8393a.jpg5703512a98b0d5aae56cf63d1bf0686d.jpg389806f630e3182a4cddb5d1e62cf6bc.jpg6b5b5a4fe8623fc77a416ea01f455fb4.jpgd80a3f98cb63f3cd8713152a99bd02b6.jpg61b287b625947f1ff5e5515a05cbc6a7.jpgeb6ac9cae5f31a41d73d7e2b90193f37.jpg874d03544b8cfb548163afec6e8a8216.jpg2957358505_00cae59dee.jpgMarie-Antoinette.jpgmarie_antoinette_scene.jpg
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited June 2014
    Such a cute looking set :)

It is great to see that so many people are enthusiastic about this one; I'm sure it'll be great ^_^

And to the person who put up the Hyacinth meme (I lost the page, sorry I can't quote ^^;), thank you :wink: You made my day!
  • Options
    pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited June 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Oh and.... freaking HUZZAH for tea!!!!!!!!!!! Not the TOP of my PERSONAL wish list but I am still pretty darned happy about it! And even happier knowing how amazingly happy many of my fellow wonderful Simmers will be with it!
    ...Weren't you the one who started the petition for it? :?:
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • Options
    PearlDiva2PearlDiva2 Posts: 370 New Member
    edited June 2014
    @SimGuruTaterTot

It would be nice to know the process and development of the store team when they choose what set to make next.

I'd love to know if the team is even interested in making new CAS items for a petition I am supporting has 106 signatures (The Maternity Wear or Enabled wear Store Set) and I'd love to know if adding more sigs will get this made or if there is no shot at all.

The tea set petition was created in April of this year with 47 signatures and it's become the marketed set for July.

There was a Prom Set Petition created in 02/2013 with 38 signatures and the Sims 3 Store came out with the Homecoming Set 01/2014.

Then there was a Haunted House Build Buy Petition
    created 03/2014 with 88 signatures
    The Sims 3 Store came out with The Now and Then Century Manor Set 05/2014.

*Update* Carnival Set Petition Created 02/2014 with 94 signatures and counting.
    Carnival Set pending arrival 06/2014
    The Petition was bookmarked by SimGuruCopeland..

The maternity wear and enabled wear petition was created in January 2014 with currently 106 signatures and there's no word about that.....

Thank you for your concern.
  • Options
    SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited June 2014
    PearlDiva2 wrote:
    @SimGuruTaterTot

It would be nice to know the process and development of the store team when they choose what set to make next.

I'd love to know if the team is even interested in making new CAS items for a petition I am supporting has 106 signatures (The Maternity Wear or Enabled wear Store Set) and I'd love to know if adding more sigs will get this made or if there is no shot at all.

The tea set petition was created in April of this year with 47 signatures and it's become the marketed set for July.

There was a Prom Set Petition created in 02/2013 with 38 signatures and the Sims 3 Store came out with the Homecoming Set 01/2014.

The maternity wear and enabled wear petition was created in January 2014 with currently 106 signatures and there's no word about that.....

There were requests and hopes for a tea set long before April of this year. I've been asking for it for at least 2 years, and I'm pretty sure HollownessDevour was asking long before that. I think they look at the desire overall, not just petitions, but how many people have said, hey I want this, instead of agreeing with another person's idea via petition.

As far as maternity wear, some sets have included maternity enabled items. Off the top of my head, the pink dress in the Tudor set was good for maternity. So, they do listen.

Just my 2 cents. Hopefully you get an official answer.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    PearlDiva2 wrote:
    @SimGuruTaterTot

There were requests and hopes for a tea set long before April of this year. I've been asking for it for at least 2 years, and I'm pretty sure HollownessDevour was asking long before that. I think they look at the desire overall, not just petitions, but how many people have said, hey I want this, instead of agreeing with another person's idea via petition.

As far as maternity wear, some sets have included maternity enabled items. Off the top of my head, the pink dress in the Tudor set was good for maternity. So, they do listen.

Just my 2 cents. Hopefully you get an official answer.

Just echoing Seriphina's comments. Things like a tea set have been loooooong requested (see this thread from 2012... you have to scroll down but a tea set is requested under 'other homecrafts': http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/576295.page). So, it's not like the store team waved their magic wand and suddenly a tea set appeared! I believe it takes quite a while to develop a premium content item. But SGC did say last week that the way they choose what to make next is by looking at forum trends.

There are other factors. SGC recently said that they're not focusing on CAS at the moment. I do tend to jump to conclusions, so I could be wrong, but I suspect maybe they just don't have a CAS artist available at the moment. :?