Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July focuses on everyone's favorite pastime *Updated Wednesday, July 2!

Comments

• Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited June 2014
    Does anybody else hope there's at least one teapot that looks, well, more like a teapot? I'm glad they made a tea set and all, but the "pot" in this set is so tall that it looks almost like a pitcher or jug. Do an image search for "teapot" and this is the shape you get in 99% of the images.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOIv1dB0Rryc9wv7iUZ6ms2kJXqB4_65dIfvM9sKf6UQ4A4ccsimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqdswo-RsuDafbRJZh1KQAY2uXA5z4B4RhYX2sXAtihs6W5riplKqdlYrz

It's the iconic teapot shape, or at least general ratio of width to height. Yes, there are variations, and yes, there are tall teapots, but something closer to the classic shape seems like it would have been safest. I wonder why they made it so tall?

Screenshot-16%2520%25282%2529.jpg
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited June 2014
    hmm the table and tea set look kind of combined to me. Like placing a chess table, where you can only put chairs around it. Otherwise the four cup set up wouldn't work at a bigger table.

Exactly this. ^^^

Oh, boy! Thank you, GuruCopeland and Tatertot and the WHOLE Store Team.

Two cups of tea... and I'm still not recovered from the :shock: and excitement.
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Cogitotoro wrote:
    I'm really happy it's a tea set. I have to say I was hoping it would be a high tea set, with food, but it doesn't look like there'd be room for food on the table. I could have sworn we mentioned scones...

Afternoon+tea.jpg

I wonder if it's a table like a chess set, which would be weird if it's always sitting there all ready without anyone having to make tea, or if it's a tablecloth+tea set that spreads out on the table kind of like a picnic.

I love the idea of harvestables and milk being used with the tea set! Hope so.

There's already a stand similar to the one in your photo in the Sims 3 Store. It's part of the Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set. Here's a link:

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:45960

Best Regards,
    Nik

Thanks Nik! I do have that, but of course it's just decor. They wouldn't sit down and eat from it while they had tea. That's what I was hoping for.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited June 2014
    hmm the table and tea set look kind of combined to me. Like placing a chess table, where you can only put chairs around it. Otherwise the four cup set up wouldn't work at a bigger table.

Exactly this. ^^^

Well, that should prevent the agony of herding 4 sims to sit and have tea together at the same time. :D Does this mean a lingering conversation over tea?
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2014

Exactly this. ^^^

Good to know. Thank you. :D

(hopes it has a 'drink tea with...' or 'ask to join' interaction or something similar)
  • Options
    RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited June 2014
    dizzydee wrote:

Exactly this. ^^^

Oh, boy! Thank you, GuruCopeland and Tatertot and the WHOLE Store Team.

Two cups of tea... and I'm still not recovered from the :shock: and excitement.

I hear you dizzydee! It is time for us to switch to decaf! :lol:
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2014

:) I was thinking that there would be since the patterns on the table and some of the dresses match the curtains. Interested in what else is to be added.

I was wondering if our sims will get energized by drinking it like IRL? :?:
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited June 2014
    ZOMG I'm so happy to hear this :mrgreen: a tea set WOOOT thank you :-)
  • Options
    pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited June 2014
    pixiegamer wrote:
    Although, since we're not getting CAS with this, is there any chance a Victorian bustle skirt/dress could be released later in the month as an individual item? It would go well with this set, and I know people have been asking for it.

Just one little 75-SP item...

28587953.jpg

please.png
    polls_begging_kitty_191x300_2547_46930_poll_xlarge.jpeg
    Cinderelli, are we really starting this? :lol:
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • Options
    philkewleyphilkewley Posts: 552 Member
    edited June 2014
    Tea set ? Like playing with dolls ?

The next update MUST be a MALE update like Motocross/ATV/Sport :P
    I agree, we need more stuff for the boys!

I live in Wales (UK) and we drink a lot of tea here :)
    The set looks great and 'Tea Houses' are very traditional. I like the idea of Sims going out to eat & drink, but in reality it's awkward especially if they're in a group, because they're constantly getting up and down to buy food and drinks.
    It would be good if they could buy food & drinks and carry them in their inventory, then sit at the table with their friend to eat and drink the stuff from their inventory.
  • Options
    SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have my money right here! Finally! Now that me and some of my cohorts have ensured that so many simmers have the decor tea set, our requests have been heard!!!!

Do they pick up the teapot and pour the tea? Please say yes!! Please please please!

Tea! Tea! Tea! *happy dance*

Now about that Canning Station...
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited June 2014

It looks right to me. The tables have a slot in the center and another for a plate in front of each chair.

EDIT: Since the tea set is stuck to this one table.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited June 2014
    Monet11 wrote:
    Question: can the tea set be put on different tables or is it all one object? (Love the table... just curious).
    I'm courthouse about this too. I love the table but I would love it if the tea set were something you could put on any table. Either way I'm just super excited for tea and learning more about this set as a whole. Maybe we'll even see a certain L-shaped staircase make its way back to the store if they worked the bugs out of it. Great Set already Store Team, and we haven't even seen the whole thing lol

L-shaped stairs would make me happy. So would an explanation as to why you are courthouse about this. :lol: :oops: I'm sorry if english isn't your first language. This is probably just a typo. But I find it very funny. :lol: (no offense meant) :D

That sort of thing happens to me all the time. I use a phone or tablet to type some posts and a lot of my words get changed and some times I don't notice. Sim is consistently changed to simple and that really looks strange if I don't notice and it gets posted. It annoys me sometimes when I think I've checked something carefully then a few days later reread a post and notice a word I didn't know was there. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes I would very much appreciate a non stencil version for plain/mondern-sleek look or for us CASt crazy people ;P
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hey Simmers!

Ready to see what July has in store for you?

1) Is it Tea Time yet? #BrunchAtTheOldMill

Stay tuned for more!

Hey TaterTot <waves>,

That's going to look so good with the bakery set. I can have a proper English Tea Shop in my Towns :thumbup:

Cant wait to see more :mrgreen:
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited June 2014
    Monet11 wrote:

Exactly this. ^^^

Well, that should prevent the agony of herding 4 sims to sit and have tea together at the same time. :D Does this mean a lingering conversation over tea?

That would be the polite thing to do.
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited June 2014
    This is very nice (thank you store team) now my sims can socialize over tea, and not just coffee.

I'm surprised this was shown this early as a hint. could there be more PC content with this set. or am I pulling straws here.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014

Exactly this. ^^^

That's good to know. Can sims invite other sims to drink with them and do they just drink or do they also conversate while their drinking? :D

I haven't read this whole thread so I could have missed something.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    This is very nice (thank you store team) now my sims can socialize over tea, and not just coffee.

I'm surprised this was shown this early as a hint. could there be more PC content with this set. or am I pulling straws here.

Oh I hope so. The more pc the better. :wink:
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited June 2014
    *happy dances with Kate*
    38062-charlie-brown-happy-dance-gif.gif
    Time for a twirl CelestiAliCat!! :mrgreen:

dance-twirl-gif.gif
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Nothing like hot tea just brewed on the oven or in a kettle. Now I'm craving tea.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hey Simmers!

Ready to see what July has in store for you?

1) Is it Tea Time yet? #BrunchAtTheOldMill

Stay tuned for more!

Hey TaterTot <waves>,

That's going to look so good with the bakery set. I can have a proper English Tea Shop in my Towns :thumbup:

Cant wait to see more :mrgreen:
    Hello Starby my dear (^.^)/ *waves*
    What a great idea! :) We can now make Tea Rooms using the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery content :D
    (ノ^‿^)ノ *ɧυɢє ɧυɢѕ*
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited June 2014
    Monet11 wrote:

Exactly this. ^^^

That would be the polite thing to do.

Thank you for answering SimGuruCopeland! :D
  • Options
    RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am wondering if the tea set can be used on residential lots.

Also, if we had two versions of the table, one as shown and another with only three cups attached; we could place the table against a wall or put two tables together. :D
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited June 2014
    RoseRidge wrote:
    Also, if we had two versions of the table, one as shown and another with only three cups attached; we could place the table against a wall or put two tables together. :D

Wow, that is a great idea, RoseRidge! :mrgreen: