Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ode to Hidden Springs

cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
We are called Hidden Springs because we are nestled in the woods and mountains, hidden from the rest of the world.
Screenshot-12_zps4656e34f.jpg
The springs themselves aren't really hidden. You can see them from my house.
Screenshot-67_zpsf757f926.jpg
We are known for our healing waters...
Screenshot-50_zps12cfb2f7.jpg
But we have some night life too, like this place, if you love dancing.
Screenshot-32_zps7094b2c6.jpg
We might seem like a small place, but we have everything that larger towns have.
Screenshot-69_zpsab0b52a0.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014

Of course, whether you like a place depends a large part on the sims in the community.
    I'm sure you've met Liam O'Dourke before. Everyone I've met seems to know him.
    250px-LiamODourke.png
    You may also have heard of the little old lady named Granny Shue. She adopted a few children because she had none of her own.
    128px-GrannyShue.jpg
    Jenny and Blake are our debutantes. For now, their parents have set them up in a home of their own. It'll be interesting to watch them with their new-found freedom.
    250px-JennyLho.png250px-BlakeGrayson.png

We have some Newly weds: The Songs… Jewel's eyes light up often. It's fascinating …
    250px-JewelSong.png
    and the Abbots…Carl isn't used to our small town yet, though his wife seems to like it here.
    164px-CarlAbbot.jpg
    Maybe Carl will make friends with Bruce Chesterfield and his boys. Bruce loves the outdoors and maybe some of his enthusiasm would rub off.
    250px-BruceChesterfield.png

We have some Eco-friendly free spirits. I think the world needs much more of them.
    130px-NicholasRiverhawk.jpg136px-JessicaWillow.jpg155px-CassidyEarthsong.jpg

There are some people in the world who sadly don't even take care of their own kids. Can you imagine being a nanny and moving to a new town with the family only to have the mother and father skip town? That's what happened to Carly Ruiz and the Preston boys!
    250px-CarlyRuiz.png

Mr. Swete lost the love of his life. She was wonderful with cats, adopting them, raising them, and finding homes for them. She mysteriously disappeared, leaving her cats behind in the care of Mr. Swete.
    148px-LouisSwete.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The Gomez-Munoz family, distant relatives of the Torres family, moved here for the special healing waters and Ms. Rouen's natural healing.
    250px-Emmaline_Rhoen.png
    Deidre was a success story who overcame her childhood cancer and married her high school sweetheart, who was one of the boys Granny Shue adopted. They had three children, one of whom just recently married. (The story, if you're interested is here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/681986.page)

That's the hopeful outcome Mr. and Mrs. Winterly would love for their son - that he will get over his sickness and have the opportunity to have a child of his own some day.
    250px-PeterWinterly.png
    Laila Al Fahad is his doctor.
    250px-LailaAlFahad.png
    Hopefully she and the waters here will make a difference for Charles.
    250px-CharlesWinterly.png

We have a lot of wealthy families here. Not all of them were born into money. Some like the Colbys, just recently found wealth. They are enjoying themselves and it's great to see people rewarded for their efforts.
    250px-ChristoffColby.png250px-GenevieveColby.png
    Madeline Moore inherited her grandma's place and hopes to make her own mark on the world some day, whatever that may be.
    Madeline_Moore_fishing.jpg"width=300"
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Then there are the Vandenburg royalty, born rich, but with pressure on them to carry on the line.
    Sebastian_Vanderburg.png
    The pressure has caused Francesca to run-away.
    Francisca_Vanderburg.png
    The Pertridge gals are part of the pressure the prince is experiencing, as they hope to convince the prince to marry one of them; except for their step-sister Ella, who is really just like a live-in maid.
    Ella_Carlisle.png

Simon Cho made enough money from his films to retire young and enjoy spending time with his family. It's great to be able to do what you love, whether it's films or family-oriented.
    250px-SimonCho.png
    Former ski champion Pierce Shawkti also retired here to spend more time with his daughter Sidney.
    250px-PierceShawkti.png250px-SidneyShawkti.png

Gabriella Ornales, on the other hand, has lost her husband and is left with money, but no family.
    131px-GabriellaOrnales.jpg
    Bert Alto, like Simon Cho and Pierce Shawki, also retired early; though like Gabriella, he has no family. He used to live in Bridgeport as an accountant. Maybe you've heard of him.
    250px-Bert_Alto.png

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Anna Menon is also taking a break at the moment. I'm sure you've heard of her as well, as it's common to see her designs gracing the cover of a fashion magazine.
    250px-AnnaMenon.png
    The very talented musician, Hector Mendoza, also loves the escape from the rest of the world he finds here.
    250px-HectorMendoza.png

We do have some individuals who are always busy, like sports trainer Ian Nali.
    115px-IanNali.jpg
    And nature photographer, Ryan Anderson; as Hidden Springs has lots of health conscious sims and lots of natural beautiful spots to explore.
    250px-RyanAnderson.png

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I can't wait to show you some of my favorite spots in Hidden Springs.
    This is our popular fairy folk park. The kids swear they see fairies here.
    Screenshot-22_zpsc0bf5ac4.jpg
    We have lots of beautiful parks, ponds, and scenic views.
    Screenshot-4_zps8e1c4e4b.jpg
    If you enjoy woods, water, or mountains, you'll love it here.
    Screenshot-41_zps6da03890.jpg
    Or if you enjoy quiet places away from everyone, you'll love it here.
    Screenshot-36_zps0cacb59a.jpg

This is my place.
    Screenshot-58_zps40dab14d.jpg
    There's nothing like relaxing by the fire in the evening, listening to music.
    Screenshot-61_zps5327175f.jpg
    Of course, I also love the view and I'm right next to the spa.
    Screenshot-71_zpse5d5b919.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014

If you are like most sims, you'll really love a day of being pampered at our spa most.
    Screenshot-73_zpscbf940d4.jpg
    Spending time at the day spa is probably the main reason sims flock here, so that's what we'll be doing today.
    Screenshot-31_zps2d972f5f.jpg

I'm not sure how much the ladies liked Hidden Springs, but I know they'll be completely at ease all week long, have smooth skin for a couple of days, feel rejuvenated all day tomorrow, and be both relaxed and having a blast all night long. They just had the best package, massage, clay bath, and facial available. They literally spent all day being pampered at the spa.
    Screenshot-79_zps6a91b187.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    This is for Jojo's bachlorette contest, just in case you were wondering. ;}
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited May 2014
    Nice pic's of what is in my opinion one of the best towns, Cian! :mrgreen:
    I notice Granny Shue :D *cheers* I played her and her household once, they are so cute!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,620 Member
    edited May 2014
    Very nice pictures of Hidden Springs and of the sims who live there! :) It is great the way you have written descriptions about each of the sims. Very nice landscape pictures of the world! Nice photos of your sims' house. The exterior of the day spa looks great!
    Nice photos, written description and nice tour of the world :)
  • Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited May 2014
    Very nice job, ciane of showing off Hidden springs! I know the girls should enjoy that date. They both seemed to enoy the massages with Hugh! :wink::mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited May 2014
    nice ciane youve done some good work with that little lot
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited May 2014
    You know, I've always wanted to visit Hidden Springs. I hear it's a perfect place for a romantic getaway... *looks away*

Yeah it seem like such a beautiful town, and the people there all seem so glamorous!

*Daphne pops in*

*energetically* Did someone say Hidden Springs? I've been dying to go there ever since I moved to Sunset Valley to meet my idol!

Who are you?

I'm Daphne Minami No, aka Liam's #1 fan!

Pssh, and your proud of that?

*cuts her eyes at Crystal* Anyway...I think it's great that you did this on a really wonderful town, hopefully you can take me with you? *bashes eyelashes* anyway I'm off now to finish my shrine to my one true love! Tootles! *disappears*

No seriously who was she?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Aw thank you everyone.

YJ, I love to play the Shue family. I love families that are poor and make you work for everything.

The lot Abe chose to live on was an empty EA house. I just had to tweak it a bit for me. The living room is large enough for his baby grand and a drum set so he can jam as well. ;}
  • Options
    RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited May 2014
    Great entry, Hidden Springs is a great world, Hopefully the girls loved the spa, I know I would :D
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited May 2014
    cian wrote:
    YJ, I love to play the Shue family. I love families that are poor and make you work for everything.

Yes same :) Although I like the rich ones too :lol:
    In my game it was kinda unfortunate, as Granny Shue died on just 90 days, before the kids even aged up :shock: :x I had to trigger one of their age transitions so they wouldn't be taken into care! :lol:
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited May 2014
    I like it ciane, love how you introduced all the townies to the girls, they'll know who to make friends with when they move their. The house is really nice too, gorgeous views.
    Looks like the girls had a fun day, I love their outfits too.