Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥♥ Sims 1 and 2 thread for those interested ♥♥♥

Comments

• Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited May 2014
    mcrudd wrote:
    Vickybii its the best memories ever, I think there will always be sims 1 in our hearts, yes two and three came and four is about to be played by us, but sims 1 will always be our first sims ever, and while playing them now I think they are the best :)

Anthono there is some floating around on amazon, but they are rare, hopefully with one or other sims celebration they will release the whole series as a download or something, that would be awesome :)

shakeninsane I love doing the Nessie cheat, its so cute, I love all the bohemian light ideas too, aren't they great :)

anettesb I wish the same, I am having so much fun watching these little guys, they were gossiping and fighting last night and the one was so drunk it walked bang into the wall. :D

Lanlyn thanks for all your tips about creating awesome lights in sims 3 I will deffinetly try those when I load sims 3 again ;)

Henwen those are such awesome tips its a pitty not a lot of people will see them in our sims 1 thread.

Hi all sorry I have not updated today, but we just got home from the most awesome mothersday ever and now we are going to have supper, I might play a little bit later if not deffinetly tomorrow :D

I know there is a petition on GOG.com for The Sims Complete Collection,but I'm surprised EA doesn't just release a digital version considering it was the best selling PC game of all time and all.
  • Options
    HenwenHenwen Posts: 188 Member
    edited May 2014
    mcrudd - You almost got me buying "The Sims Complete Collection" on Amazon. LOL which can go from 12.90 (used) to 138.00! Origin may sell it (?) but IDK. EA should sell all of the sets of Sims and keep those sites up to buy the content. They should never take the sites down.
    Then, I went to one of my favorite sites for sets at "Parsimonious" and reminisced.
    I wish now that I had kept my small collection, but was cleaning things out a couple of years ago and after playing TS1 decided not to keep it. I did keep TS2 and doubt I will ever play that one again either.
    Dang - I want to play it for fun now. I had a lot of mods to make game play easier too.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited May 2014
    mcrudd wrote:

Hi Zorba sorry about that, I have never exceeded bandwich, but I bought the 20GB now so it should be all good for you. Zorba what windows are you running, if you have windows 7 you get a snip it tool which works amazingly, it saves your pic as png file so you keep all your colour not a jpeg like in paint where it dulls and gradient your colours

Well, I'm glad your pics are back!

I DO have windows 7. Where is this "snip it" tool??

Edit: Maybe I'm dense but I can't seem to find anything but "paint". Is it part of paint?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I think it would be great if EA would release a special new complete collection.

I bought mine used off amazon for about $40.00 and well worth it. I always look for something that states it comes with booklet and code, and All 4 discs.

And Happy Mother's Day to All! :D
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2014
    What awesome suggestions anettesb, I wonder if you should suggest it at the sims 4 forums, I would love that :)

I wish so too Anthono but I guess they think people will not be interested in sims 1 because of the yucky graphics, but they should think about minecraft being super popular, my kids love it and that is yucky graphics too :)

LOL Henwen, its so much fun to play, I know its old school but its sooo much fun :)

Glad you can see the pics Zorba :) Snipping tool is here: Start > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool. I hope you can find it, let me know if you can't and then I can screenie it for you, and happy mothersday to you too, ours was yesterday :)

Hi all, not much sim time today, we went shopping and now I need to prepare supper, but I promise some pics tonight :)
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited May 2014
    mcrudd wrote:
    PirateJandcats these are the only old woman with cats LOL Hope the one you want is here :mrgreen:

I think it was unleashed that gave the new neighbourhoods because all the extra houses and community lots are unleashed themed :wink:

The Goth Sr family
    1_zps00f42589.png

2_zps085eaa52.png

3_zps3eb7d6e8.png

The Kat family
    4_zps71460fab.png

5_zps4c770f07.png

6_zps2482eec2.png

Ohhhhh the memories ...now I want to play (time to load up) :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    brsy wrote:
    Ohhhhh the memories ...now I want to play (time to load up) :-)

LOL awesome, don't forget to come here and share. I made a new sim her name is Annabelle she is saving magic coins to move into Magic town, so I am keeping you guys in suspension while she completes that, which is soon, like I promised tonight there will be pics :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Here is my new sim Annabelle :) She is mastering magic first and once she done that then she will become a superstar and use magic to become a five star celebrity quicker :)
    The first few pics are off Annabelle working real hard in magic town to earn magic coins to buy her house. The last two pics are of Annabelle infront of her very cool postbox and then her house in Magic town :)

8o9RK1F.png

Vv4QhIs.png

IACJdjU.png

VoKMk0q.png

mnDs5Jp.png

ab28Gjs.png

V4uEabe.png

cGIStwu.png

bmIT8ig.png

I am going to give the house a make over so its not so scary, its not as if she is living in a cemetery she is just living in a magic town :lol:
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited May 2014
    @PirateJandcats: Hi! If you mean when you open the front door and enter right into the living room, then yes, most houses on the West coast of US would be built "open" like that. It gives a sense of spacious and airy environment, especially desirable in a smaller home like the Newbie's. Most all the houses I re-do in the Sims, I always tear down walls and open up the place to bring in light and make best use of space.

Another advantage: Sims can move around more fluently in an open layout, and you can see them easier during play. There is also a game-tip pop up to that effect in Sims 1: It states that Sims like large rooms with lots of corners and windows to let in light. I don't know if the same is true for Sims2 or Sims3, though, but I've always kept that in mind.

We do have hallways where I live, but they usually lead toward bedrooms. Try doing an online search of contemporary floor plans in Southern California to get more ideas on what homes look like here. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Annabelle's house is done, she loves living in Magic town. I can't wait to see when the magical growths start. She is busy doing all the spells and charms in her magic book. Once she did them all and her gnomes are all happily tending to her garden then she will go and try superstardom :mrgreen:

I2JggqQ.png

G23028N.png

02WZMla.png

omvljMR.png

THybeCf.png

2DxnETX.png

xsQ8JIH.png

• Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    edited May 2014
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    LBell wrote:
    :mrgreen:

:lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    My sim had discovered all the spells and charms except for the superstar one, because now she needs to become a celebrity so she can get those black roses and then only will she discover that last charm. So she is off to Studio town now :mrgreen:

HpMMfTo.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    mcrudd wrote:

Glad you can see the pics Zorba :) Snipping tool is here: Start > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool. I hope you can find it, let me know if you can't and then I can screenie it for you, and happy mothersday to you too, ours was yesterday :)

I found it thanks! I can't believe I never knew about this. I've been using "paint" all this time, with "print screen" wondering why my pics of a webpage or computer look blurry and unreadable when other people post really nice big clear pics.

I'll have to experiment with it a bit when I have more time.

And Glad your photobucket pics are back.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    mcrudd - I have a question: The mansion you posted on page 8, it looks different from the mansion in neighborhood 1.

Did you redo that mansion , or is it something you built or in one of the vacation spots or something?

Edit: I just have to say even though I have way too much custom content for my sims 1, the pics look great even without cc, the colors so vibrant.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yes I redid it, I removed most of the side walls, because in sims 1 you can't place furniture at that angle so it makes furnishing difficult. I also made the pool more square and refurnished the whole house LOL

I have a disk full of cc in my superstar cd container, but have not installed it, so far I am good without it LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Annabelle did it. She managed to get enough stars to get an obsessed fan who left her some black roses and then she made the price of fame charm and now she is a four and a half star celebrity :mrgreen: I also think I can see the beginning of a magic beanstalk growing in her garden, will have to remove the fence to give it space, but that is ok :) So here follows the pics :) Will remove the fence once I am done posting this post.

F4Y1lao.png

3luaN5I.png

dIFE2m0.png

Axvpvo0.png

wuRu0vj.png

M6mz5XM.png

IhTi5Bu.png

OfQRHjo.png

zzHuWPo.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I always loved the sims 1 Genie. There are still so many things I've never done in the game. Even though I have all the EP's I guess I never bothered to do the whole magic thing, gnomes etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Some Random In-Game pics. I still have these on my computer though I haven't played in awhile. They are probably blurry and not so great but what the hey!

Michael Bachelor's House remade with tons of custom content:

14ne71d.jpg

ohjm34.jpg

Since Betty Newbie is supposedly "Fat" there are few clothing choices for her and I Loved being able to make her clothes on my own in that Beta body shoppe thing (has a different name forgot now) that comes with complete collection. This one is a little risque even for Betty ;o) :

124fqyf.jpg

314trpw.jpg
  • Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Makin Magic is still by far the best expansion pack,I can still remember the first time I saw the Magic town neighbourhood screen.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I guess my pics didn't come out too bad. One thing I notice - the in-game "camera" setting default back to "medium" quality and size every time I load the game. If I just remember to turn these settings to "high" quality camera and "Large" size everytime I load up the game and am going to take pictures, they do a little better.

I Love the in-game camera from sims 1 and sims 2 and Really, really wish they would include this simple camera and photo album for sims 4.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited May 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    I always loved the sims 1 Genie. There are still so many things I've never done in the game. Even though I have all the EP's I guess I never bothered to do the whole magic thing, gnomes etc.

Hi Zorba, me either--I never did much of any of the magic stuff other than a few duels and magic acts in Magic Town. I never learned any spells, and I never got the gnomes to come alive. :( Maybe this time, I can work on that. I don't even know where to start. I guess I'll have to read up on stuff. :D

To accomplish everything, I think it's better to work with only one Sim in a household, like mcrudd is doing. Too hard when you have other Sims to feed and take care of. :lol: They're so needy! Good thing is in Sims1, they never age, so we have all the time in the world to play with their lives. :mrgreen:

@mcrudd: Wow! Your pics are great (I especially love the worker gnomes) and I notice your Sim is already maxed out in every skill!! :shock:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hi Zorba I love making magic so much, it bought so much to the game, the gnomes are my absolute favourite, because they look so cute running around tending to the garden. Wow Michael's house looks awesome, I love that big painting its beautiful. Your Betty Newbie looks awesome too. Your pics are good, not blurry at all, I liked those cameras best too, the photo albums are great.

Anthono its the best expansion by far, I love making magic its awesome

Pamhamlet its so easy to max out skills in sims 1 because there is not as many as there is in sims 3. I have a charm that puts her in the green so she just uses that a lot. I have written down all the recipes and where I got ingredients and I also wrote down the duels and what beats what and so on, so whenever you need advice just shout out and I will give you the answers :D

• Options
    edited May 2014
    So I missed the little dragons, so now Annabelle bought a nest and is looking after it now, here are some pics :D

Arriving home with the egg
    3EQsyBj.png

Cradling the egg
    JMemw3r.png

Rotating the egg
    ZDonBel.png

Letting the egg listen to some music
    ZQ1UV2L.png

How the beanstalk is growing
    GvI5mGf.png

Better take the egg inside, the papparazzi is a pain
    cUeXFoM.png
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    edited May 2014
    Agreed. Makin Magic just went all in. They nailed the atmosphere, and they mixed spooky but fun magic in perfectly with the magic town's eerie but also fun gameplay.

Plus the music, it's still just superb. I sometimes listen to it on youtube. Whoever was behind that, wow! (then again, all Sims 1 music was amazing. Even the annoying Unleashed music has it's charm and was quite addicting!)

Sims 2 music in build/buy mode was urhhh, a bit annoying but fairly OK. Nowhere near as good as the build/buy in sims 1, but ok. Sims 3 music in build/buy/CAS etc, oh my GOD I have to mute it and listen to my own music or I will got nuts!

Anyyyway. That obsessed fan was SO creepy! I loved the dark humour in Sims1 . I mean. He would come around and give black roses, didn't matter if you were a male or female superstar. He would just linger around all creepily.

I remember having the butler aswell, and he'd slap the obsessed fan to scare him away, hahaha!