Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥♥ Sims 1 and 2 thread for those interested ♥♥♥

Comments

• Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited May 2014
    Good idea, I think I will also save that doc. in my word processor.

Well I'm wrapping up with Bob and Betty today. Then I'm gonna make myself a new family, I think two guys and a girl. They can fight over her. Heh heh. :mrgreen: I told my 16-yr. old son that I had reinstalled Sims1 (he LOVES Sims) and that he can make a couple families to place in my town. Did you know the game comes with 8 copies of the neighborhood to play? That's fantastic!

Yes, I remembered about that rosebud repeat-code to get lots of money. :) I never played with Superstar much, nor did much spell casting back in the day, so I'm in for some new treats now!!

Have a great day, mcrudd! :)
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited May 2014
    It looks like you're having loads of fun! :-)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2014
    I just finished all the furnishing of the mansion Pamhamlet so now I need to have breakfast and get everyone ready for the rugby match. I can't wait to see more of your pics, I will post my pics of the mansion when I get back and then get my gnomes moving again :)

GreenCats we are having tons of fun, who would think that sims 1 could still be so much fun :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited May 2014
    I loved the Mashuga family! And I loved the New Orleans French Quarter stuff with the bakery and everything. I thing that was my favorite set of furniture (other than CC). Remember the restaurants? There was a site called The Well Dressed Sim that made completely custom restaurants - different clothes for the host and waiter, etc. I loved that stuff.

The Sims was so original and quirky; I really feel that we have lost that in newer versions of the game. Remember the motto when The Sims was just released? "Raise a Family/ Raze a Family". Too Cool.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited May 2014
    Awesome pictures all. Oh yea, I remember that rosebud cheat. My gosh I hate the tragic clown. WAAAHHHH, he goes!
    :) Smile!

• Options
    PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    edited May 2014
    Sorry, really random question but I've been thinking on this for a while. This is for Pamhamlet (I'll keep it brief because I've been enjoying reading the posts and looking at the screenshots of sims 1 and don't want to go off topic). I watch the American programme 'My cat from Hell' and noticed how all the houses Jackson Galaxy go into don't have hallways, they go straight to a lounge. I noticed Pamhamlet that when you made that sims 1 house (or rather updated it) the front door goes straight into a lounge. I noticed your location is California, so my question is...do American houses not have hallways? And just open up into a lounge? (I even remember on Friends, back in the day, they open up onto lounges...and Buffy and Grimm too). Apologies, I just got super curious.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited May 2014
    Henwen wrote:
    lanlyn wrote:
    Here's a pic of lights I put up awhile back in the Moonlight Falls park. These are the Bohemian lights.

original.jpg

And here's just an example of some other wall lights I have in shorter lengths:

original.jpg
    I skimmed through this page so fast that I missed this!
    I do have the Bohemian lights and did string them as best I could between some lamp posts but didn't know that I could adjust the height! Thanks!
    Also, those lights in your second shots - are those from UL?
    I had to go in game to check, couldn't remember. The shell lights are from Seasons and the box lights are from UL.

Here is another shot showing the different height adjustments. Also with MOO, you can put lights, etc. on fences. These flags and banners are also from UL. The hearts come from one of those free holiday store downloads.

original.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Then the Tragic Clown arrived! :shock:
    Newbie_1_0004_zps45324a44.jpg

He kept going into the bedroom to wake Betty up by doing bird tricks and juggling. He just kept crying and crying and making a nuisance! Poor Betty needed sleep and kept asking him to leave, but he wouldn't. Then I noticed...there was a picture of the Tragic Clown on the wall! I deleted it and he finally left. Whew! :P
    Newbie_1_0005_zpse4f4a4a5.jpg
    My first time to see the Tragic Clown in game. :D So, if you had his picture in the house, he'd show up?

@ mcrudd and Pamhamlet: Very fun seeing different ages/versions of familiar sims from games 2 & 3, such as the Newbies and Goths!
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited May 2014
    Stupid photobucket removed every picture on pages 1 thru 5 of this thread :cry: .

"Printscreen". I guess that explains why McCrud's pics look much better than mine. Mine are always blurry as I take them in game.

"Printscreen" I always have problems with too though, I think because I only have "paint". I can get them to post, sometimes. But to me they have a slightly yellow dull tinge, and also if I try to resize anything forget it.

That silly clown :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    Stupid photobucket removed every picture on pages 1 thru 5 of this thread :cry: .

"Printscreen". I guess that explains why McCrud's pics look much better than mine. Mine are always blurry as I take them in game.

"Printscreen" I always have problems with too though, I think because I only have "paint". I can get them to post, sometimes. But to me they have a slightly yellow dull tinge, and also if I try to resize anything forget it.

That silly clown :lol:

I will answer everybody else now, just wanted to let you know Zorba that I paid the little amount extra per month and now the photo's will be back, so you can look at them :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Schweighsr I will look if I can find that family for you and take a pic, I think my favourite thing of sims 1 is watching the little gnomes water my plants and get drunk in my grape press :)

Puddingroy I actually forgot about the tragic clown, might just put his pic up and let him come and cry in my house just to see him again hahahahaha

PirateJandcats in our house we used to live in, in South africa our front door opened to a passage way, but here in NZ it opens into our Lounge as well, I guess its just different places different layouts.

Wow Lanlyn those are such awesome ideas :) Yes the tragic clown comes into your house and stands infront of his pictures and cries super loud LOL guess he does not like it if you have his picture up ;)

Hi Zorba sorry about that, I have never exceeded bandwich, but I bought the 20GB now so it should be all good for you. Zorba what windows are you running, if you have windows 7 you get a snip it tool which works amazingly, it saves your pic as png file so you keep all your colour not a jpeg like in paint where it dulls and gradient your colours
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ok so here are some pics of the mansion I moved Clarissa and Hunter too. I have smoke alarms everywhere, so hopefully we won't have a repeat of last night LOL. First on my agenda is too get some gnomes to take care of my garden :)

i44mDu0.png

AKB3r7n.png

fhRFB0y.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Enchanting gnomes are dangerous, I had several fires, non fatal this time round. I have lots of pics of my sweet little gnomes watering my plants and then getting drunk in the grape press LOL. I also have a pic of the famous sad and tragic clown picture

FHd02pm.png

KaYv9Rh.png

KC5e7CS.png

xGPSUPx.png

O6D1ZIE.png

xHcZoms.png
  • Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    edited May 2014
    Still enjoying your pics. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    LBell wrote:
    Still enjoying your pics. :)

Yay glad you are still enjoying all the pics :mrgreen:
  • Options
    VickybiiVickybii Posts: 256 Member
    edited May 2014
    Oh my god! The memories! Thanks for sharing all these pictures, got a very real case of the warm fuzzies :D

I'd be so tempted to install all these again but I remember having to constantly turn the sound down at night, the burglar music used to scare me to death! I also remember thinking naively I'd be alright during the day, and what happened? A burglar came during the day when my sims were at work..the horror! :oops: Then, anytime I got a phone call I'd turn it down just in case, when I got pets, it used to sound if I had a racoon on my lot, there was no hope for me! :wink:

Superstar was one of my favourite expansions, loved all the spa stuff and the modelling shoots. And Hot Date...used to LOVE going downtown and go shopping! Ahhhh.....big smiles :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMvZClYP_tA
    Hehe :twisted:
  • Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Love it!Love it!Love it! I just wish could find a cheap version of The Sims 1,would be great to get back into it.
    If only I didn't chuck out my old copies.
    :(
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    edited May 2014
    Wooo! I remember the Nessie cheat!

Also, to you who posted the pic of the bohemian lights, they can be multicoloured?? I just used them yesterday, havent gotten around to using them yet. :-o
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2014
    Oh I wish we had a magic garden gnome in sims3 that DID something.... not just jumped around
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ...Also, to you who posted the pic of the bohemian lights, they can be multicoloured?? I just used them yesterday, havent gotten around to using them yet. :-o
    You can change the bulbs (choice of 3 colors, I think) and the string colors. :-)
  • Options
    HenwenHenwen Posts: 188 Member
    edited May 2014
    Anthono wrote:
    Love it!Love it!Love it! I just wish could find a cheap version of The Sims 1,would be great to get back into it.
    If only I didn't chuck out my old copies.
    :(

Yeah - I threw mine out after playing for a day a couple of years ago. Now I really wish I hadn't. :cry:
  • Options
    HenwenHenwen Posts: 188 Member
    edited May 2014
    lanlyn wrote:
    ...Also, to you who posted the pic of the bohemian lights, they can be multicoloured?? I just used them yesterday, havent gotten around to using them yet. :-o
    You can change the bulbs (choice of 3 colors, I think) and the string colors. :-)

I wanted to thank you for your pics of the lights on the fences. That's so cool! I never knew you could put them on a fence after lowering them!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Vickybii its the best memories ever, I think there will always be sims 1 in our hearts, yes two and three came and four is about to be played by us, but sims 1 will always be our first sims ever, and while playing them now I think they are the best :)

Anthono there is some floating around on amazon, but they are rare, hopefully with one or other sims celebration they will release the whole series as a download or something, that would be awesome :)

shakeninsane I love doing the Nessie cheat, its so cute, I love all the bohemian light ideas too, aren't they great :)

anettesb I wish the same, I am having so much fun watching these little guys, they were gossiping and fighting last night and the one was so drunk it walked bang into the wall. :D

Lanlyn thanks for all your tips about creating awesome lights in sims 3 I will deffinetly try those when I load sims 3 again ;)

Henwen those are such awesome tips its a pitty not a lot of people will see them in our sims 1 thread.

Hi all sorry I have not updated today, but we just got home from the most awesome mothersday ever and now we are going to have supper, I might play a little bit later if not deffinetly tomorrow :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I am going to start a single sim with no pets to do the superstar and magic thing, its difficult with little Hunter, he wants social interactions all the time LOL Will post pics tomorrow when I start playing with my new sim :mrgreen:
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2014
    mcrudd wrote:
    anettesb I wish the same, I am having so much fun watching these little guys, they were gossiping and fighting last night and the one was so drunk it walked bang into the wall. :D

they could really have made something special... like each type of gnome have some difrent abilities - I'm ok if I don't see them moveing... that they jump like now... but they have some effect... would be cool
    - the pet gnomes could raise the social of the coraspondend pet + train it
    - the season gnoms could let season specific things happen (easter egg, flowers, carved pumking and snowman apears) + they give a season modlet to sims in same room.... maybe
    - the normal gnome could repair, clean and garden
    - some gnomes makes a party better or help on skills.... or even make truble....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳