Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who wore it better?! ROSIEFLUXX WORE IT BEST!!!

Comments

• Options
    wildtessawildtessa Posts: 953 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm almost done with my look. It's pretty wild. I've still got the Project Runway push the limits feel going on and I'm a bit nervous about it working here. However, I really do love it so I'm going to put it up and risk it all.

Im so excited!! I looove the desgns that are risky!
    Download, save, comment, favorite my new S4 creations! TessaMichele
  • Options
    AshleykaymayAshleykaymay Posts: 1,524 Member
    edited April 2014
    wildtessa wrote:
    I'm almost done with my look. It's pretty wild. I've still got the Project Runway push the limits feel going on and I'm a bit nervous about it working here. However, I really do love it so I'm going to put it up and risk it all.

Im so excited!! I looove the desgns that are risky!

It's a slightly subdued idea of an avant garde look that I ended up not using so the patterns I recolored have just been sitting there. It was quite a challenge finding the right items to create the look I was going for. I forgot the worst part of base game...the bottom section. :evil:
  • Options
    AerlinnielAerlinniel Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited April 2014
    Name: Aerlinniel
    Recolor Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8134808

Tell us what you did darling! You said to pick something that would show us as the theme. Blue is one of my favourite colours, so I used it as the base of this outfit. The idea was something that was interesting, but could be used for both causal or slightly more dressy look. By using two patterns the outfit is more visually interesting, and with a larger pattern on top its not to busy for the eyes. Paired with a simple skirt the outfit is nice, but at the same time still casual enough to have fun in.

PHOTOS
    Screenshot-4_zpse4a30745.jpg
    Screenshot-13_zpsfaa1fb58.jpg
    Screenshot-14_zps2e503dbc.jpg
    Screenshot-15_zpsaa057c99.jpg
    Screenshot-19_zps379948c5.jpg
    Screenshot-20_zps1d45c0e8.jpg

(If I've got to many pictures let me know, but I didn't see a rule about number of pictures)
  • Options
    aitkens08aitkens08 Posts: 5,922 Member
    edited April 2014
    So excited!

Cant wait to start it!

going in game now :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Name: Ashleykaymay

Recolor Link:
    Top: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8134832
    Since they weren't the assignment, all other recolors for this outfit are listed under the photos. Let me know if you would like them moved!

Tell us what you did darling!

I work with color a lot in offline life and I am never one to shy away from the chance to show how possible it is to create a cohesive look that doesn't feel like one note. This shirt is perfect for a more hardcore look but I wanted to take it up a step. I've had pastel goth ideas saved in a folder for quite a while and this look was screaming for the treatment. I love to add layers with texture to an outfit for my sims and in my own looks. Instead of hiding the odd top, I decided to accent it and add to the layered look in the rest of the outfit. Now instead of feeling out of place (when I see this shirt in the CAS section all I can think is they are trying to hide a ketchup stain. :lol: ) it feels intentional. While there is nothing like this in my studio at the moment, I still feel like it represents me in the fact that I am always willing to try something new and extend my style range.

(Why you used certain patterns or colors, what were you going for? Was there something that inspired it? If so why?)
    PHOTOS

Screenshot-3296.png

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-Z4pmesRGbYM/UzskD4MTwqI/AAAAAAAAAgo/6zOkMgrklow/w650/Screenshot-3300.png[/img]

Screenshot-3308.png

Other recolors:

Skirt: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8134833
    Tights: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8134834
    Boots: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8134835
    Gloves: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8134838
    Bracelet: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8134837
    Earrings: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8134836
    Hair: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8134839

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited April 2014
    Your top recolour looks great Aerlinniel :) Very nice shades of blue that you have used for the outfit. The patterns look nice together. The skirt that the model is wearing looks great with the top and the blue shoes add to the look of the outfit. Great photos of the sim enjoying dancing and trampolining wearing it.
    Great recolour! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Your pastel goth top looks great Ashleykaymay :) Nice pastel blue shade of the top layer combined well with the spider web pattern of the under layer. The black short skirt looks great with the top, and the skull patterned tights look great! The long black boots fit the outfit and the way you have done her hair captures well the goth look. Nice pastel blue colour of the gloves.. Great building of an outfit and look around the recoloured top. The rest of the items complement and build on from the top. Great photo that you have taken of the model with the eerie skies and black trees background, with the gargoyles behind her! The background is a great setting for the outfit. It is a great combination of goth and softer pastel colours. :)
  • Options
    aitkens08aitkens08 Posts: 5,922 Member
    edited April 2014
    Name:

Aitkens08

Recolor Link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8134991

Well, a theme of myself, that was pretty tricky! Im rather bold, brave and a bit of a party animal and someone who can see things others cant! (not like ghosts, but in creative sense) So I decided on doing something with the clothing item, that would turn it into an outfit ready for the dance floor! I used white as the main color, with it being the boldest their is, and its also rather brave! (Spilling a drink down that wouldn't be the best now would it :lol:) I used the pattern on the overlay of the top to symbolize looking between the lines, finding something that isnt in front of the eye and to show off the creative side! I used this in the underlay of the skirt also, cause a girls outfits gotta match! Its very sophisticated, yet sexy! erfect for the clubbing scene!

Screenshot-39_zpsd3c012c7.jpg"width=500"

Screenshot-43_zps9d748c3c.jpg"width=500"

Screenshot-42_zps14ac5aab.jpg"width=500"
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The recolour looks great Aitkens08 :) The pattern that you have used for the top layer looks great , and it looks great how you have used it for parts of the skirt too. The white of the under layer of the top and the skirt goes well with the pattern . The black tights and shoes highlight nicely the white of the rest of the outfit. The sim looks like she is enjoying wearing your outfit whilst spending time dancing and blowing bubbles.
    Great top recolour and outfit :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm so very happy with the current entries they look so great guys GOOD JOB!

So far the entries look great but for future reference lets say 3 photos max. 2 in cas (the front and back view) and 1 in game modeling the clothing. :)

Cant wait to see some more!

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Rosemow, thank you so much for your comments on the outfit! <3

wildtessa wrote:

So far the entries look great but for future reference lets say 3 photos max. 2 in cas (the front and back view) and 1 in game modeling the clothing. :)

They way I did my photos with the front in back in one photo....is that ok? I can do it in CAS and just edit them together like I did there. I just clike having the option to give a headshot like the second photo.
  • Options
    AerlinnielAerlinniel Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited April 2014
    Do you want me to edit this weeks entry to match that format?

Also, I'm finding pose editor really confusing (which is why I didn't use it this time). Where do you find the poses to use for it?
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited April 2014
    Aerlinniel wrote:

Also, I'm finding pose editor really confusing (which is why I didn't use it this time). Where do you find the poses to use for it?
    Everywhere, actually.

Modthesims, any websites you find via google, and I'm not sure about TSR but they may have some. So blogs, tumblrs, websites, etc. will have them. Just type in the type of pose you would like to use and you may find some, that, or just do what I do and go to modthesims and shop through there. Trunk of Poses is your best option since it comes with like 40 poses.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Aerlinniel wrote:

I get mine from modthesims. I really recommend mashelle. I also used this tutorial to set it up. I am not tech savvy at all. Installing mods scares me like crazy. http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=400502
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited April 2014
    Aerlinniel wrote:

I get mine from modthesims. I really recommend mashelle. I also used this tutorial to set it up. I am not tech savvy at all. Installing mods scares me like crazy. http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=400502

Ashley! You won Imeep's Challenge, you know that right? Go claim your prize!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Rosemow, thank you so much for your comments on the outfit! <3

wildtessa wrote:

The way you did it was great, it really gave a good look at the recolor assignment. :)

And you don't have too but for future reference I would like a maximum of 3 photos :)

They way I did my photos with the front in back in one photo....is that ok? I can do it in CAS and just edit them together like I did there. I just clike having the option to give a headshot like the second photo.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Aerlinniel wrote:

Ashley! You won Imeep's Challenge, you know that right? Go claim your prize!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Oh wow! Thank you!
  • Options
    ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited April 2014
    Ari, I love what you did!!

Ashley, your graphics kills me everytime! Love the top!
  • Options
    BlackZanieBlackZanie Posts: 568 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Wonderful entries so far ! Mmh, I'd better give it my best if I want to measure up!
    I'm done with the contest I was rushing to finish in time! I plan to work on my assignment tomorrow and hopefully upload it by Friday, if that's ok. What is the deadline? It's kind of important for me to know, as I am UTC+1 (= EST+6 / PST+9) :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Green_Girly100Green_Girly100 Posts: 296 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi :)
    I'd really like to join but have a couple of questions...

a) Is it too late to enter?
    b) How many rounds will it be?

Thanks
  • Options
    mcsnjbmcsnjb Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited April 2014
    Name: mcsnjb

Recolor Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8135883

For me CAS should tell us about who the Sim is. When I looked at Freya I felt that I should do something that paid homage to her heritage, so I felt I should do something African Inspired. I wanted to use the bright vibrant colours often found in their traditional dress, but use a more modern pattern, so that it would fit in with todays sim world. Coupling it with a more muted green helps make this combo an everyday wear. The pattern used for the green top (and skirt) gives the fabric a textured look, which I hope adds to its natural feel. In order to complete the natural feel I teamed it with a leather belt, sandals, and of course a beautiful flower in her hair. :)

PHOTOS

In-game Photos
    2v33ml0.jpg

Close-up Top View
    hspagh.jpg

Front and Back View
    15xv2iu.jpg

Matching Skirt Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8135881

I hope that you all like it. Lots of love and hugs. :)

EDIT: Due to the three photo rule being added. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Please read the posts on the first page before entering

I posted when the first assignment and done and also that we are accepting signups up until the first assignment is due. :)

Also I am very happy too see such wonderful creativity! Thank you everyone for your participation and interest!
  • Options
    Green_Girly100Green_Girly100 Posts: 296 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for allowing me to enter. Can I assume that, because there are 8 models there
    are 8 rounds? I apologise if I have missed this information on the front page :oops:

Also, the models have some other EP's and a store item, but I only have base game installed atm :'( I'm not sure what the items were from the EP's, but I apologise if a slider was affected.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The African inspired layered top looks very nice mcsnjb :) very nice colours and pattern that you have used which capture well the African theme. It looks nice how you have carried the pattern over to parts of the skirt. The shade of green you have used for the upper layer complements the under layer colours and pattern, It is a nice touch to have the model wearing a flower in her hair. Nice in game photos of your sims enjoying her life outdoors. The outfit looks very nice with the colour of her hair. The sandals and belt complement the outfit as a whole.
    Great recolour of the top, which is the basis of a very nice African themed outfit :)
  • Options
    DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm still debating on entering this. I am stretched pretty thin between The Bachelorette, Project Runway, and Survivor right now but this looks so fun! It's a really neat idea on the whole re-color contest aspect, using only base game content. So much harder!
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.