Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who wore it better?! ROSIEFLUXX WORE IT BEST!!!

Comments

• Options
    wildtessawildtessa Posts: 953 Member
    edited April 2014
    Love that attitude green_girly!

And Danger I look forward to the entry! And yup NEXT FRIDAY is the due date :) We still have a few to get in so hopefully we can get everyone in!
    Download, save, comment, favorite my new S4 creations! TessaMichele
  • Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited April 2014
    Name: ladydarkmoon24

Recolor Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8138051

Tell us what you did darling! In this recolor I chose to go with a black as my base color. Off the black I wanted to bring some color into the picture. In doing such I chose two patterns that are associated with vehicles. I chose the bottom shirt to have colorful gears and the tank top part to have different color vehicles.
    I chose the vehicle expect in a whole because I wanted to give people that love vehicles something nice to wear.
    I feel that the sims does not give those of us that love vehicles enough options to express ourselves in the automotive clothing department on the base game.

PHOTOS up too 3
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited April 2014
    Your vehicle themed recolour looks great ladydarkmoon24 ! :) It is a great theme for your recolour. It looks great that you have used black as the base colour. The gears pattern on the undershirt and the vehicles on the upper layer are highlighted on the black background, The black pants and shoes go well with the top.
    It is a great outfit for sims who enjoy vehicles to wear.
  • Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited April 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    Your vehicle themed recolour looks great ladydarkmoon24 ! :) It is a great theme for your recolour. It looks great that you have used black as the base colour. The gears pattern on the undershirt and the vehicles on the upper layer are highlighted on the black background, The black pants and shoes go well with the top.
    It is a great outfit for sims who enjoy vehicles to wear.

Thank you
  • Options
    DrewRavidaDrewRavida Posts: 335 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hey Tessa, if your still looking for contestants, I would love to join in and take on the challenges. Also, this is much harder, Base Game outfits :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Id love for youto join drew! You can take on model 3!

And love the creative idea its so hard not to give critics abput what i love most!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Giving the thread a bump
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Okay everybody Assignments are due THIS FRIDAY!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ** OFFICIAL ENTRY **

Name: Drew Ravida

Recolor Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8145415

Tell us what you did darling! (Why you used certain patterns or colors, what were you going for? Was there something that inspired it? If so why?) Black and gold are my favorite colors in The Sims, as they always look good together. This pattern is not typically used for clothing (tiles and mosaic), I'd say why not. Luxurious, extravagant and in your face. For the top and skirt, I used the same pattern to give an illusion of "Is that a dress or not?". This is clearly for a woman who's not afraid of prints....

13684888753_101f5d2a5e_c.jpg

13684879464_a676b8cd1b_c.jpg

13684556453_53684653ea_b.jpg

Other Recolors: Skirt http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8145416

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Your recolour of the top looks great DrewRavida :) The pattern that you have used looks great on the top and creates a very nice look. It looks great how you used the pattern for both layers of the top as well as for the skirt. It creates a sophisticated and stylish outfit . The black and gold colours suit how you have used the pattern for clothing. The type of shoes complement the clothing items, and the hairstyle looks great with the style of the clothing.
    Great recolour of the top, then combined with the skirt you have created a very nice outfit. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    Your recolour of the top looks great DrewRavida :) The pattern that you have used looks great on the top and creates a very nice look. It looks great how you used the pattern for both layers of the top as well as for the skirt. It creates a sophisticated and stylish outfit . The black and gold colours suit how you have used the pattern for clothing. The type of shoes complement the clothing items, and the hairstyle looks great with the style of the clothing.
    Great recolour of the top, then combined with the skirt you have created a very nice outfit. :)

As always, thank you rosemow for your kind words. :):):)

• Options
    leenie360leenie360 Posts: 218 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Name: leenie360

Recolor Link: Top, http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8145998
    Skirt, http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8145999

Tell us what you did darling! (Why you used certain patterns or colors, what were you going for? Was there something that inspired it? If so why?)

This beautiful outfit holds true to the rich traditional colors of the past, it tells of the rich culture and heritage of a samurai village. The beauty and strength of the the people before, yet making a way for the future to bloom. The rich red is for the honor, strength, and discipline. The white, is for the beauty of one's love, pure, light. For community. The blue is for the flowing river in one's spirit, how one's heart and soul is behind every movement. The gold is the price of sacrifice. I was inspired by remembering what the samurai did for their honor, family, and village. The quiet strength and grace they had. The colors are rich with meaning and the pattern is intertwined into the whole outfit, because it really shows how all those things in life are intertwined together, thus making something beautiful!

nl95hy.jpg

awqo1.jpg

2cka38.jpg
  • Options
    leenie360leenie360 Posts: 218 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Drew Ravida, I loved your entry! Your outfit is high fashion! I like it, the gold and the black go good together, and the pattern just makes the outfit! I also loved how you did your photos, the angles on them are awesome! They look like something out of a sim high fashion magazine! It shows the sim having great stylish confidence! Looks good!
  • Options
    mcsnjbmcsnjb Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited April 2014
    For such an ugly top normally, all of these designs look incredible. I am so glad that I don't have to judge this. :) Lots of love and hugs. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Sweet cupcakes! Im going to have a hard time eliminating anyone o.o

Its even harder not expressing my thoughts on the outfits!

So much creativity and wonderfullness
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    edited April 2014
    Name: SummerFalls

Recolor Link:
    Zebra Striped Top - Click
    Zebra Striped Skirt - Click
    Classic Black Shoes - Click
    3 Shades of Grey Bracelet - Click

Tell us what you did darling! I came up with this outfit by looking at the model, her skin colour reminded me of Africans and I then thought to try and make a animal themed outfit provided with the base game top I had to use for the competition. The lion and cheetah furs didn't work so well, but the Zebra worked perfectly with her complexion! I then went on further and made the skirt the same, so it looked as if it was an all in one dress. The shoes complimented the top and skirt nicely once I changed the colour and the bracelet just fitted when I changed their colours too. I really like how it turned out!!

PHOTOS up too 3

Zebra1_zpsc620e3c5.jpg"width=228""height=228"Zebra6_zpsf31a4bf9.jpg"width=228""height=228"Zebra7_zps947d19f0.jpg"width=228""height=228"

I hope you like it!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Ah thank you i like zebra myself haha so id wear this outfit!
  • Options
    RosieFluxxRosieFluxx Posts: 1,342 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hey hey! This looks like so much fun!

Is it too late to sign up??
    dec7bd7e-5d9d-47af-8ab4-5d5e68212e68_zps1731c338.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    RosieFluxx wrote:

course not you can use model 4!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    wildtessa wrote:
    RosieFluxx wrote:

course not you can use model 4!

Yay Thank you =D

*jumps straight into game*
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Very nice recolour of the top and very nice outfit that you created leenie360 :) It is so very beautiful the meanings behind all the colours that you have used! You have written the descriptions so very nicely! Each of the colours and the pattern have such deep meaning in it. It is a very meaningful outfit with much thought behind it, Thankyou for sharing such a special description to the outfit. The setting of the photos is very nice and suits the outfit.
    Very nice recolour and outfit. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Your zebra themed outfit looks great SummerFalls :) It looks great how you have used the striped pattern on both the top and skirt to create the effect of a dress. The way you have recoloured the undershirt layer black and used the pattern on the upper layer looks effective. The recoloured bracelet and type of shoes complement and add to the overall look of the outfit well. Great poses of your model in the photos.
    Very nice outfit. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ** Entry **

Name: RosieFluxx

Recolor Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8147326 (Top)

Other recolors:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8147333 (skirt)
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8147327 (shoes)

Tell us what you did darling!
    Okay so you said you wanted to this top to scream what we're about... and currently I am ALL about the movie Frozen =) I think it's because I can relate to her a lot. Plus the model I was given already had the right hair colour, so I decided to go for a 'Frozen' princess look based on the film. I love the snowflake pattern so used that in an icy blue and used white to highlight the snow and sparkles. I wanted the long sleeve top to come across as shimmery, sparkly, sort of see-through lacey/mesh... with there still being snowflakes, but just more subtle, so made it a slightly lighter shade of my models skin tone. The skirt (I hope) compliments the top and turns it into more of a dress look, rather than top and skirt. The shoes also match and have 'sparkles' on them.

Pics

Frozentop1edit_zpse37e150a.jpg
    Frozentop34edit_zpsd4def92d.jpg
    Frozentop2edit_zpsfbd10dbe.jpg

Hope that's all okay, please let me know if anything is wrong and I'll change it =)

*Puts Frozen on in the background whilst working on other contest entries ;p hehe*
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Your Frozen themed outfit looks very nice RosieFluxx :) It has a very nice magical and Fairytale look and feel to it. Very nice recolour of the top. The shade of blue that you have used is very nice. It looks nice how you have used the snowflake pattern on both layers, as well as for the skirt, and have used a see through mesh material for the undershirt which gives a nice look. The outfit captures the feel of Wintery elegance and style very well. Very nice winter setting background in the photos.
    A very nice outfit that suits the model. :) She looks line a Winter ice princess wearing the outfit.