Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Around The World in 80 Days.. ATTENTION TheMatteo0, PLEASE see page 77

around_the_world_in_80_days_-_the_challenge_big_1.jpg

Link to original contest:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/636435.page

Link to Creator's Corner
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/741079.page

OFFICIAL THEME SONG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MywWolXGIx8

Judges needed, & Sponsors Welcome but not necessary

PLEASE be sure to READ thoroughly!

And as soon as you post your ...pre-entryform,
PLEASE SEND.... one of us an
EMAIL ASAP
....so that we can send your assignments (emails are on our
simpages.... in our about me sections).

Hi again my friends, ready for another round of a trip around the globe with us? I did this contest last year and it went over so well that I decided to do it again to pick up all the places we were unable to go, being there are far more places than entries :P
This contest is something I experienced back in sims 2 on the simposium at sterlingsims. Skye knew how to inspire us to come out of our comfort zones to explore and challenge ourselves and this contest more then any, was my all time favorite and most challenging contest ever. Most of us pushed our limits to the extreme to pull these lots off but it was more than worth it in the end. I think I learned more from that one contest than all others put together. This competition will center on RESEARCH past to present and how your build represents your assignment.

Round ONE;.... a form filled out in full; (you can post here or if you rather not publicize you can email the entryform), then you must email myself or blacksheba1973...email-addys on our simpage about me section), so that we may send you your assignment. But It’s really not asking anything personal or pinpointing your location, just the country/province you live in, and will be fun for all to see how many parts of the world come together.

username:_________
Country which you live now;___________ (if USA you can say eastcoast north or south, westcoast north or south, midwest, etc..... meaning you don't have to give your state if you don't wish to, your choice). As for other countries please at least give province.
Other countries/provinces you have lived if any;_______________
Other places you have traveled to if any;_______________________
If you could go anywhere in the world for 2 whole months, where would that be, and why?; ______________
There will be a total of 80 days/3 months to complete this challenge once assigned (2 weeks are for signups).

Round TWO;.... Assignments
We will assign you somewhere in the world which we decide would challenge you best for this contest. Then once you receive your assignment you are to immediately post your official entryform in the same post as your original entry, immediately below it, (editing your post right-hand corner of post) so that we know the assignment has been used and can be crossed off our list and your entry is official. (username only.... assignment & links will post to the same entryform when lot is submitted). This way all completed entryforms and completed assignments will all be in one place neatly, and I will link to them from the OP.

Round Three;.... Official Entry form
username_______________
World Assignment_________________
World lot is built in__________________
Lot address in world___________________
Link to pic thread/slideshow_______________________
link to lot__________________________
link to sim/sim family_________________________ *(NOT required to upload)*
then you must spend as much time as possible researching past and present of your assignment, architecture, Culture, cultural clothing styles, cuisine/recipe’s, hair colors/styles typical of the local culture ...etc.

Round 4;.... build your assignment, can be any type of build, house, apartments, church, castle, palace, community lot...etc, write a back story of your build and sims on why you chose the build you did, why and how it represents your assignment and same goes for sims/clothing. Culture in all forms is the key here....ie...music, food, clothing, style, architecture, language, history/traditions...etc...
Bonus scores; make a sim or family dressed in cultural dress/costume, and take pics and describe how they represent the culture. You need to take ingame pics but it's not required to play the simmies in game and sims DO NOT need to be uploaded, your choice. (but they do need to be your own creations/sims, not someone elses and not NPC’s or sims which are game generated(EA). You’s 100% through and through!

Definitions:

Backstory:.... This isn't about story writing per-say, rather geared more towards a RESEARCH/TERM PAPER type thing. A thorough dive into past to present of said assignment. There is no requirement of length or pages, but the more detail given will raise score significantly when accurate. Thorough description of lot/sim clothes, why you chose the style of build, how it represents your assignment, the culture, the aura, the people...etc.... I can’t say enough about CULTURE people, I stress this more than anything if you wish to score well, and this goes for builds as well as sims/clothes.

Sims/Sims Families:.... This again is geared more towards clothing/costumes, native skintones, native hair colors/styles to gather bonus points towards your lots as well as an entry into the sims section. So it isn't necessary to upload sims, or clothing, but again this will raise your scores significantly when pics are accurate. Like I said these DO NOT need to be uploaded as this will be judged by pictures only, so make sure you take good pictures to really show your work at all angles (In game and CAS). For example: Say you were assigned somewhere in Norway, native Norwegians are typically very pale skinned with blonde or red hair (although there are many with brown or black hair as well), and through research you will find that each region and even some steds have their own cultural "Bunads". So therefore if you try to represent that dress on a sim created as a native Norwegian say for suttenende mai (native national holiday 17th May), then this would give you the bonus points. This contest is all about "PRESENTATION" & "REPRESENTATION", so the more you do to show true local culture, the more points you will receive and this will show us that you truly did your research thoroughly. Bonus pics would be like say for instance you have Italy and local culture is grapes for wine, you show native italian’s picking grapes and then making the wine in game. Do you see what we mean? It's not about uploading or even playing the simmies in depth, just getting pics that REPRESENT! In game pics that is. But of course if you upload them, enabling us to see for ourselves in game, then it may just raise your points even more ;)

CULTURE:
Culture in all forms is the key here....ie...music, food, clothing, style, architecture, language, history/traditions...etc...

SIGNUPS:

Now through the 28th of February (2 weeks) But anyone is welcome to signup anytime provided they realize they will only have the same deadline as all those signed up beforehand, no extensions for late comers unless there is already one in place for those signing up on time.

CONTEST DEADLINE IS SUNDAY THE 1ST of JUNE, 11:59pm PST

Rules;

1) no CC on builds period! (now you may use CC on your sims/sim families for picture purposes ONLY, if you upload them they must be totally 100% CC free to qualify).
2) CAP allowed provided you link to original patterns in your post (CAP isn't CC)
3) ALL EP's/SP's, DP, T-Mobil and all store items allowed. (choose your build world carefully) But Please NO SP Bundle Items or exclusives
4) You MUST do thorough research to represent assignments fully.
5) You may enter up to 2 entries for your assignments, (but they must be different types of builds) say a house and community lot. But you can only win once (highest score wins). You must enter a build to enter a sim/sim family, but sims aren’t required, just an added bonus.(and no you cannot enter sims without a lot)
6) The more pics the better, but only up to 5 pics allowed to be posted here in this thread, and then link to either a showcase thread made by you, or link to slideshow on photosite or you may use story editor on your simpage or your own blog site.
7) No flaming, no Uploads of other's works, must be NEW build 100% by you alone same goes for sims.
No builds from past uploads allowed.
8.)Provide an inspiration pic (what inspired you to build what you did)
9) provide links to pic threads, photo slideshow, to download and complete a thorough backstory/history of your assignment.
10) Bonus points for sim/sim family as well as for using a sim photographer to take other useful pics to highlight your assignment further...meaning be selective in choosing which world to build in so that it comes as close as possible to where you have been assigned. That way, if somewhere in town reflects your assignment, then have your simmie take photos and use them to boost your entry. You will get credit for taking pics yourself, just a bigger bonus if some pics are taken by a simmie
11) PLEASE DO NOT quote ANY pictures in this thread as they can break it, remove all picture img codes before quoting. Thanks
12) You may use all and any buydebug items, clothing or other game unlocks and feel inspired to use the cheats "moveobjects on" and "constrainfloorelevations true" and money/motive/age cheats, I only ask that you don't use any mods that would keep your lots from installing to all judges games without problems.

Scoring criteria;

lot & presentation points determine the lot winner as the two scores will be added together and totaled by judges. The family/sim will be judged as a bonus category and/or tie breaker as required. Like say there was a tie for 1st place on lots, if winner A made a sim/sim family and winner B didn’t, then winner A would win hands down, and if both made them, then the scoring of the sims would break the tie and determine the winner of the lots/presentation).

1) Lot:

A) Representation of assigned city evidenced in the design : 0-20
B) Inspiration evidenced (subjectively or duplicated in some aspect of the design): 0-05
C) Complexity of design (advanced building tools/techniques utilized…CFE/MOO): 0-05
D) Landscaping (Advanced landscaping tools utilized, different elements such as pools/fountains/decking/pavers, flora representative of assigned country, how well landscaping complements the architecture): 0-10
E) Interior Design (good use of scale/space, play tested, visual appeal, complements architecture): 0-10
F) Followed rules and met the basic requirements of the designated lot type (residential/community, no CC, links to CAP, entry forms): 0-05
G) Pictures.... do they represent both interiors and exteriors 0-05
H) Wow factor: 1-10
Total Points Possible : 70

2) Presentation
.......Back Story with Slideshow,or Picture Thread:

A) Accurate description of Lot/Sims: 1-10
B) Inspiration picture included: 1-10
C) Explanation of why the chosen picture inspired you and how you incorporated it into your design: 1-10
D) Explanation of research completed and how your design reflects your city: Culture in all forms...art, food, music, clothing, architecture...etc,etc,etc... 1-20
E) Quality of pictures (do they show all areas of your lots, do they show your design off, can you see the small touches you used) : 1-10
Total Points Possible: 70

3. Bonus Category:
Bonus points

Create a sim or family dressed in cultural dress from your assigned city, you are not required to play the family unless you wish to, but we do need pictures of them dressed in their culture and it will pay to take bonus pics in minimal gameplay.
A) Originality-1-5
B) Wow-1-10
C) Characterization (skin tone, facial features, clothing representative of assigned city): 1-10
D) Pics-1-10
E) bonus pics 1-10
F)Requirements/Rules (all CAP have links,) as well as no CC on uploads-1-5
G) Description(accurately describe your sim/family and how they represent your city and name the traditional clothing you are trying to duplicate): 1-10
Total Points Possible: 60

Total points available from all three categories: 200
I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png

Comments

• Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited July 2014
    SPONSORS.png

HOSTS: blacksheba1973 & TnT_Terry

SPONSORS

TnT_Terry:
    10,000sps
    Someone else who thinks they are Goldilocks2014 :shock: :mrgreen:
    10,300sps
    aminovas
    5,000sps
    TKbluebasketball
    1,000sps
    tanubanue
    1,000sps
    ErnesaT
    800sps

A special thank you to all these generous sponsors who make this contests so much more fun, by showering all the winners for their awesome and hard work ;)

We need more judges PLEASE!

JUDGES

blacksheba :(
    TnT_Terry :mrgreen:
    whatsociallife :?:
    Skymyst :mrgreen:
    ErnesaT :?:
    illusie :mrgreen:

27,400 sp Prize Pool up for grabs

prizes are subject to change, they may go up, but amount will never go down.

Residential Lots
    1st prize 5,000
    2nd prize 2,500
    3rd prize 1,200
    4th prize 500
    5th prize 300
    4 honorable 200x4
    mentions

Community Lots
    1st prize 5,000
    2nd prize 2,500
    3rd prize 1,200
    4th prize 500
    5th prize 300
    4 honorable 200x4
    mentions

Just a note; these bonuses do NOT necessarily go to a lot that places in top 3,
    there is always a chance that someone does a better job with presentation/representation of clothes than with building.
    Bonus prizes for sims/sim families (mainly clothing)

1st 1,000
    2nd 600
    3rd 300
    HM x2 200 ErnesaT

Bonus prizes for Research of thorough backstory

1st 1,000
    2nd 600
    3rd 300
    HM x2 200 ErnesaT

*Additional points will be awarded at discretion of judges based on number sp's remaining after the judging complete and if any additional sponsors donate.
    There will be surprise prizes totaling 2,900sps.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited February 2014
    around_the_world_in_80_days_by_mrshorowietzky-d591lpz.jpg
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    flags1.jpg

City/Country Tickets Already Sold:
    submitted on time= 8)
    submitted late or just for fun= :D
    no show/dropped out= :? :(
    Custard cleared= :thumbup:
    cc found= :oops:

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.... Ablueidgirl2 8) :thumbup:
    Alexandria, Egypt.... TheMatteo0 8) :thumbup:
    Amsterdam, Holland.... corettabarajas 8) :thumbup:
    Athens, Greece.... wildtessa :? :(
    Barbados, Caribbean islands.... InvisibleLndz :? :(
    Barcelona, Spain.... Bookworm742 :? :(
    Bath, England.... mishmush :? :(
    Belfast, Northern Ireland.... Mrlabean :? :(
    Bergen, Norway.... Sami-katt 8) :thumbup:
    Berlin, Germany.... craingerbeagle :? :(
    Billun, Denmark... samanthajane26 :? :(
    Bogota, Columbia.... XoAmeliaoX :? :(
    Borneo, Indonesia.... Stinalina 8) :thumbup:
    Boston, Massachussetts USA.... pofmuis44 :? :(
    Bruges, Belgium... Pallypoo 8) :thumbup:
    Brussels, Belgium.....Jessabeans :? :(
    Bucharest, Romania.... Minnie64 :? :(
    Buenos Aires, Argentina.....ciane 8) :thumbup:
    Cambridge, England.....saschatilo :? :(
    Capetown, South Africa.... hugzncuddles :? :(
    Caracas, Venezuela....snowdove 8) :thumbup:
    Casa Blanca, Moracco..... KOman123 :? :(
    Charleston, South Carolina USA.... mcsnjb :? :(
    Christchurch, New Zealand.... Lebanna 8) :thumbup:
    ***Just For Fun***Cuzco, Peru.... duyguugudur :D ??
    Danzig, Poland.... Springfairy556 :? :(
    Dubrovnik, Croatia...Walkingstick 8) :thumbup:
    Edinburgh, Scotland... gngrsnp :? :(
    Fairbanks, Alaska, USA...... Erja888 8) :thumbup:
    Florence, Italy.... MeaganJo 8) :thumbup:
    Gothenburg(Göteborg), Sweden...A*shleykaymay just for fun :D
    Havana, Cuba.... saint_gambi :? :(
    Hokkaido, Japan.... Alizatina :? :(
    Krakow, Poland.... 2Mahawk :D :thumbup: just for fun :D
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia...docusat :? :(
    Kyiv, Ukraine.... trishaanne1987 8) :thumbup:
    Luang Prabang, Laos.... Summerfalls :? :(
    Lucerne, Switzerland..... dawnrob 8) :thumbup:
    Male’, Maldives.... Ath3las 8) :thumbup:
    Minsk, Belarus…. Aviamoldavia 8) :thumbup:
    Monte Carlo, Monaco* Isilweth :? :(
    Montevideo, Uruguay…. Idontrcall 8) :thumbup:
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada.... Rockleyfamily 8) :thumbup:
    ***Just For Fun***Moscow, Russia.... Tkbluebasketball :? :(
    New Orleans, Louisiana USA…… Moodbeamy :? :(
    Perth, Austrailia.... LoreleyLee :D just for fun
    ***Just For Fun***Pico, Azore Islands.... aminovas :? :(
    Reims, France.... SeraphinaFyie :? :(
    Riga, Latvia.... ArretStrife :? :(
    Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.....SALTPASTILLEN :? :(
    St. Petersburg, Russia..... GreenCats :? :(
    San Francisco, California USA.... Hidehi 8) :thumbup:
    Santiago, Chili.... Loobylou1985 :? :(
    Santorini, Greece.... DesiiAnowor :? :(
    Sao Paulo, Brazil.....Soocoolism (paula) 8) :thumbup:
    Sodankyla, Finland......Wensimmie :? :(
    Sucre-”La Ciudad Blanca”, Bolivia.... Laella _/ :? :(
    ***Just For Fun***Sydney, Australia.... illusie :D
    Taipei, Taiwan..... HadesDragoness :? :(
    Tokyo, Japan.... MizoreYukii :? :(
    ***Just For Fun***Trondheim, Norway.... Skymyst :? :(
    Vancouver,British Columbia, Canada.... AIRIS6962 8) :thumbup:
    Wellington, New Zealand.... 40675672 (Julian) :? :(

FEEDBACK/REVIEWS

Ablueidgirl2
    Firstly I wish to touch on the name, absolutely perfect! I too would love to visit this amazing city, but I could never live there mainly because of all the deadly critters hiding in that endless desert, but also because of the continuous high heat and sand storms, just imagine the dust those poor women have to deal with on a daily basis lol. Now onto your build, your inspiration pics are amazing and I can see evidence of some in your build, especially the open room with the vining floral pattern and the edging on the rooftop, great job on that. I also loved the fireplace with the horse painting above, that was a great focal point. I could easily see your attention to detail as your tile work and ceilings are all spot on local tradition. Your interior décor flows throughout and it just feels so inviting and cozy despite the richness and massive size. Just an overall amazing build and your exteriors are so appealing and inviting as well. I could easily imagine myself staying in this home for a wonderful extended vacation.
    As for your sims, you did a great job showing their local clothing, but it felt a bit limited to me as I would have liked to see them maybe playing soccer, riding that gorgeous Arabian horse through the desert, cooking a traditional meal or dessert, just bringing more culture to the project for us to see. So for me this section feels very limited.
    Now for your research, I truly enjoyed reading about the wind tunnels their love for Arabian horses, but I kind of felt that you could have done so much more in bringing Abu Dhabi to light by showing us a bit more about this amazing city and it’s past and present cultures. Like for instance, the local cuisine, the weather during different times of year, what they are able to cultivate and how they evolved from past to present. Great job, Thank you so much for taking us on your journey to Abu Dhabi through your eyes, I do hope you join us the next time if I am able to run this again possibly in late August.

AIRIS6962
    Inma, I am honestly stunned and amazed that you pulled that building off with such awesome skill. That is without a doubt an architectural icon, and would stand out beautifully in any sim world (well I don’t think it would fit very well in DV), but any other world would be honored to have this for sure. And the work you put into your interiors shines through and is nicely layed out, I think that museum would be honored to have a poster of your sim version hanging near the entrance as well. Your research was very informative and enlightening,

I really learned so much about this amazing city and have placed this on my list of must sees. However, I would have liked to have seen some sims representative of all those city sections as it really would have brought your presentation to life. Just seeing a mix of Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Indian and first nation simmies perusing through your museum, would have been an amazing addition to this project. But overall you did a fabulous job on this and I for one am so glad you joined us on this amazing journey, thank you so much for sharing this city with us all through your eyes.

Ath3las
    Alison, firstly I’d like to tell you that I had your original lot which you had emailed me before your sudden move and RL issues began, I just felt that you worked so hard on it and deserved recognition for is, so I distributed it to all the judges to judge alongside your submitted one as one lot together. I for one would thoroughly enjoy a stay in one of your tiki huts, the thought of waking each morning to sounds of gentle waves, seagulls and fresh sea air is enough to make me crave this very thing.
    Your resort is amazing and simmies everywhere can now enjoy a fabulously soothing, relaxing and joyous vacation. Your simmies looked very professional and welcoming and the local attire looked comfortable and colorful. I just would have liked to see more pics of both the lot and sims, but I do understand that you had much stress on your plate. Really wish you could have achieved your report so that we could have learned all about your assigned city/country, but at least we all get to enjoy your build. Thank you for sharing the Maldives with us through your eyes and skills.

aviamoldavia
    I have to say wow to taking on such an impressive piece of architectural design, you did a great job with the game limitations. I love the fog-emitter effects at night, really shows how beautiful this must be in real life. Your interiors look great and the tall stacks really highlight the surroundings. As for the exteriors I felt that you could have done a bit more around the edge to signify the park and surroundings better, even if you’d have to place it on a bit larger lot to do so. I would have liked to see your simmies perusing the stacks of books and artwork to bring a bit more life to your build, but you did a fabulous job on this.
    Your presentation of your project was very informative and layed out nicely, but As for the report itself, I felt it was rather lacking for the city itself, as you mainly focused on just the library and it’s architects. I would have liked to learn a bit more about local culture and surroundings than just traditional dress, pancakes and musical instruments. I feel that Minsk has so much more to offer potential tourists, than just it’s library. Your simmie looked very authentic in her traditional dress and how you showed her playing the bass and preparing food was nicely done. Thank you for sharing Minsk with us all through your eyes and creativity.

Ciane
    OMG where do I begin Diane? I must say that this building might not be much architecturally speaking or much of a challenge for your skill level, but, and I use this term very loosely, more like BUT……. In all of Buenos Aires, you could not have chosen a more culturally diverse building if you dug all the way through to the other side! You really brought culture front and center here and you did a masterful job pulling it altogether. I love how you pulled the exterior into the interior as if it was continuously added onto over the years. I would have liked to see bolder and brighter hues vs the pastel tones, but you really brought out the essence of this amazing side of Buenos Aries. Representation is clearly shown here throughout and I especially love all the portraits your simmie did, major bonus points from me there. Also love your cleverness in your landscape with native plants and veggie garden, Just a fabulous job all the way around. Too bad you didn’t make this an apartment building residential so that you could have entered your restaurant as well ;)
    Your simmies are really amazing as well, brilliant thinking on the tango pics, too bad you couldn’t have done a video so that the pics would go fast enough to make it look like live dancing while set to local music.

Your report was off the charts awesomesauce! I truly felt like I was sitting at an open-air café having tea with you and chatting over all the amazing artwork. And the strolls through all those neighborhoods, just wowzza. I think what amazed me most is all the work you put into all those painting/photographs, you really researched the city thoroughly and brought us along on your journey through your eyes and creativity. I honestly can’t say enough about this report, simply fantastic and thorough. You couldn’t have done better if you tried my dear friend, this is how it’s done.

Corettabarajas
    Your lot is fabulous inside and out, especially your interiors. I loved all the reds throughout. You did a great job on showing details on your build throughout as well. I do feel that you could have done so much more with your simmies picturewise other than just family photos, such as doing something local…cooking, gardening, something cultural…etc… As for your presentation, I felt kind of left hanging sadly. You didn’t really tell us much of anything about past or present culturally, no traditions, no recipes, no music no local must see places, buildings, sites and such. I just felt that you more than anyone, wanted so much to learn about your heritage and ancestors, yet I don’t see the research anywhere. Have I missed a page somewhere, or a link you forgot to post? As I only saw 2 links to photobucket slideshows. I still love your build as that is very authentic as are your simmies Thanks so much for sharing in our journey around the world, hope to see you back if I run this again end of summer.

Dawnrob
    WOWZZA Dawn! This lot is amazing throughout, just love the bridge and the hotel and how precious using the swan boats, they just suit so well. Your interiors are impeccable and everything looks so authentic, I am so going to enjoy having this in my game…thinking maybe Hidden Springs or Aurora Skies. One can see the work you put into making us feel like being in Switzerland through your eyes and creativity. I really love how you combined several buildings & memorials all into one amazing resort for our simmies. The food literally made my mouth water bigtime, it just looked so scrumptious. And you really dug deep into the rich history of Lucerne, I think this city would be proud to see this display of creativity on all fronts. Your simmies look like they fit right in to their surroundings just fine, and I especially love the pic of them dining.
    Thank you so much for sharing such delightful insight of this amazing city with us and making our stop in Lucerne informative and joyous. Hope to see you back with us if I decide to run this again end of summer.

Duyguugudur
    Your research of Cuzco, Peru is so in depth and enlightening, I truly enjoyed learning all about this awesome city which has one of the 7 wonders of the world within as well as a UNESCO world heritage site. So much very interesting eras and generations of different cultures blended together to form a country rich in history. I am so hyped on wanting to go there myself, to see this up close and personal would be a chance of a lifetime. I wonder if the people living there know just how lucky they are to be able to appreciate this in school no doubt, as well as in life.
    You honestly did an amazing job putting this altogether hon, just wish you could have uploaded your lot and made some simmies depicting the different history eras, would have really made our journey complete on this stop. What few pics you do have of your lot do look fabulous, but would really need to see more in order to appreciate it. Thanks for sharing all you did with us and hope to see you back if I run this one more time.

Erja888
    Wow you did a fabulous job on all this research Erja, I learned quite a bit more than I already new from school all those years ago. I always loved the excitement surrounding the goldrush era and you gave us a front row seat to enjoy it from. The museum is amazing and I loved learning about the cooling process, nice way to save on energy. I really liked seeing the extra work you put into the museum by sculpting some of your own sculptures to bring more likeness to this amazing place, just wish you had shared your simmie sculpting with us as it would have shown us another side to this. I mean just to have seen your simmie in a bearskin coat, ski pants and bearskin boots and hat and maybe some gloves, and watching him & her at work on a sculpture ;) But you did a fantastic job on making our visit to Fairbanks, AK. A joyous and learning experience, so thank you for sharing with us all. And I hope to see you back again if I decide to do this one more time.

Hidehi
    OMG Your take on simmie names had me rolling in the floor with laughter, but pure and utter GENIUS in my eyes. LOL I just read about fog in the can and about fell off my chair laughing so hard :P I honestly have no idea where to begin here, you have totally blown my mind with your presentation literally! It is by far the most innovative presentation I have seen in this contest over all and 49 pages of AWESOMESAUCE! I tell ya, I may have known a lot about San Francisco from TV, movies, history in school and such, but this has me in knowledge overload. I have even been to San Fran back in 2009, but I didn’t get to see even half of what you have shown as my time was limited there being I was there for the spore creators camp. But wow this so makes me want to return there again to see it all and experience everything it has to offer.
    Your simmies are amazing and very clever thinking on your part showing diversity through and through, it says San Francisco 100%. And the names as I said above, totally genius thinking, and all the glorious tours, just wow. All the work you put in with your simmies taking pics and displaying them all just wowzza.

Idontrcall
    Thank you so much for a very informative visit to Montevideo Lala, I so love the rich and colorful culture present in this city. I have actually placed this at the top of my list of places to retire to, the climate and the more laid back way of life is a super draw for me. I love the flag as well, it seems so inviting. You really brought out the entire city and surroundings to full view for us all to enjoy, and your simmie pics are fabulous, just wish you would have introduced us ;)
    I love your sim version of the café/restaurant as it looks like a very peaceful place to dine, as well as colorful and relaxing. I do wish you would have entered either your lighthouse as a residential or your Reus al Norte as an apartment building being that you put so much work into them both as well as the art building. Just an amazing project altogether, excellent work. And hope to see you back if I am able to do this one more time.

Lebanna
    It is indeed a shame the original had to be torn down, the newer versions might be appealing but they sure don’t measure up architecturally speaking. I felt you could have shown us so much more as you spoke nothing of the rest of the city really nor the culture. Would have liked to seen your simmies in other places such as restaurants or parks with monuments as well. It was just basically about the people emigrating and their religions. No traditional clothing, foods, music, dance, art or anything cultural or traditionally speaking. No pictures of this amazing city other than the old and new versions of the church itself. I love the church itself and you did a fabulous job bringing it to sim version, it shows you worked very hard to achieve it, and your simmies having a wedding was absolutely beautiful, but I just feel there was so much more to be represented. Thank you so much for sharing this journey with us all, it was nice to learn even a small amount of Christ Church, New Zealand. Hope to see you back if I choose to run this again.

MeaganJo
    Meagan, I am seriously gobsmacked! This dreamy lot is my personal favorite for my game play, I already have this one pegged for the new mill set, that awesome wheel is so going on here somewhere and in my Monte Vista world, who knows maybe even one in DV as well. I have always loved your builds but this one in my eyes is your all out best. Unless of course, you plan on redoing it with the new set and in that case I will wait for you to reupload. I even linked it to everyone I talk to on skype for the same reason and they all agree. Did you have some kind of intuition that the next set would be mill related or what? I just love that you merged so many inspirational pics within your build, and everything flows so beautifully throughout, and the aged paint really makes this stand out. This is simply a spectacular build through and through and says “Firenze” in volume.
    Now I really love the different outfits you used for your sims, they are fabulously spot on. I just would have liked to see a bit more of them doing things around town and in their home, otherwise great job.
    As for your research, This is how it’s done Meag, utterly spectacular! I don’t think you could have added anything else to this as you touched on everything Florence has to offer, past and present. It simply screams culture, diversity, fashion, cuisine, history, architecture and anything else in between. BTW this is where TJ and I will be going next trip we are able to take, as he already has most of Italy mapped out for a 3 week vacation, Firenze, Roma, Venezia, Bologna & Milano are our destinations and of course smaller places along the way. But this fall we go back to the US to visit my family, so Italia will wait a few more years as we only get to go anywhere about every few years or longer. You have now whet my palette in anticipation for this RL journey, so thank you for sharing your insight of Firenze and hope you join us again if I am able to run it one more time.

Pallypoo
    Pally dear, I am totally speechless here. Your lot is phenomenal, so much to explore and so much of Bruges all packed onto one lot. You really brought it to the table girl, even as empty shells this would be a major undertaking, and that you filled them all up perfectly, honestly shows pure dedication. Your attention to even the tiniest detail has blown my mind I am so looking forward to playing this in my game. And all that extra work put in on your paintings/photos, just WOW! I was like” holy simoly” when I saw the fries shop and don’t get me started on the chocolates, what a tease you are lol.
    Your simmie clothing is off the charts awesome and so authentic during so many era’s,just Wowzza. I would have like to have seen your simmiesmaking chocolates or fries, but you did a fabulous job on them.
    Your Research as well is off the charts phenomenal, OMG the chocolate is sooooooooooooo divine, I just wanted to reach through the screen and grab a few handfuls lol. I imagine myself sitting on the wharf with you sipping rich mocha Belgian coffee with a bowl full of delectable chocolates, oh heck toss a few chocolates in the coffee too :P

Rockleyfamily
    Wow you really set your inspirations high on that famous building. I actually know someone back in sims 2 that built the entire thing on 3 separate lots of the largest size and it was phenomenal. I do know however that in sims 3 this would totally be impossible to the maximum, but you did a fantastic job incorporating bits and pieces to make it a design all your own, great job. I love modern so this will get lots of use in my game.
    Your research was was very basic and to the point as you didn’t really go into detail on anything except for your lot inspiration building. I would have liked to have seen more about all the different cultures to spoke of that Montreal is so known for. You did touch on several areas with your facts, but left me asking questions about these facts and cultural aspects. However, I did like the way you divided it into sections, very organized.
    Although it wasn’t required, I do wish you could have made a sim or sims to show us more of this majestic city of culture. Great job and thanks for sharing Montreal through your eyes and creativity, and hope to see you back if I choose to run this one more time.

Sami-katt
    I have to say that you blew hubby away with your attention to detail on this lot Sam, so give yourself a major pat on the back because he was your hardest critic as he called Bergen home for 3 years. You did an amazing job bringing it altogether and I love all the boats and outdoor seating, I can almost imagine myself sitting there having the days fresh catch for lunch with a nice tall glass of fresh squeezed lemonade. Bryggen is also home to the largest fresh catch market (well on the same wharf that is), and they will cook and serve up whatever your desire if you wish to eat there (which I have and love, nom nom). As for animals, most of the wolf populous is located in the area we live now, and continues to lessen year after year. They are on the endangered species list here in Norway now. A few were spotted right above us on the walking trail, so peeps were warned to stay off the trail for over a week.

Your research was very interesting, I learned several things I didn’t already know. I really wish you had made a few sims to depict the local culture a bit more such as Bunads, which are very localized to each area, I myself wish I could afford to get one but they are seriously expensive even to make oneself. But I realize it wasn’t required, so you did a fabulous job representing Bergen, thanks for sharing your vision with us and hope to see you back if I chjoose to run this one more time.

Snowdove58
    First let me pick my jaw up out the floor *insert look of utter shock*, in all seriousness just ubber Awesomesauce! Your presentation was one of the most indepth, picture packed, inspiring and simply spectacular throughout. OMG I think I lost track of how many blog pages you presented, but I learned so very much about this dangerous but amazing city. It’s just a crying shame we all can’t hop a plane to see it up close and personal. But the crime is so bad that one risks their life just stepping off the plane sadly. I think my favorite in all this would be that rock place, that is by far amazing creativity, he must be one with the earth for sure.
    Your simmies are amazing and so spot on authentic and that you took us through different eras, truly shows the work you put into them. You really nailed the looks as well so major pat on the back ;) All the bonus pics were fabulous and very well thought out.
    Both of your lots are spectacular, my fave being the first build, residence. BTW taking liberties is all part of how you envision them to be as well as creative flow, so take those liberties and fly with them and never fear doing so. You blew me away last year with your entries, and this year you have upped the ante as well. I simply loved your interiors on your residential, very authentic and gorgeous all rolled into one. And your Museum is very realistic inside and your exterior architecture was spot on with game limitations. Just an amazing project through and through. Hope to see you back is I choose to run this one more time.

Soocoolsim
    Paula, wherever do I begin? This Lot is by far the most innovative piece of architecture I have ever seen and totally left me mind boggling speechless! This is what I call coming totally out of your comfort zone 360° and some, I am so totally shot to the moon and back on this one. Just thinking of the insane frustration of getting this to work has my head reeling! I can’t say enough about this amazing build as your interiors are impeccable and flow so smoothly, our simmies are going to feel like royalty staying there. And then you toss in an awesome soccer stadium which is beyond me why you didn’t enter 2 entries.

Your simmies are all simtastically awesome, you really brought you’re a game to this project throughout and then some. One can see the masterful work you put into ever part of this project and your sims, very authentic, both culturally and representative.
    Your research again totally blew my mind, I can’t think of anything you could have added to this. I have learned so much about this destination that I feel like I’ve already been there, off the charts awesomesauce through and through! Thank you for sharing this wonderful destination with us and for making our stay so posh and luxurious. I do hope to see you back if I choose to run this one more time.

Stinalina
    Stina, I am amazed that you were able to pull this off and simmify it as well, great job. Learning about all the birds, fish and animals living there was a real pleasure for me and stepping into another whole world must have been difficult to say the least. You honestly did a fabulous job on that longhouse inside and out, and made it very authentic. This made me feel like being smack in the middle of a rainforest, although I wouldn’t dare to go in real life as my fear of snakes and other unsavory critters would keep me from ever doing so lol. :P

Your simmies looked very true to authenticity as the game would allow, so pat on the back girl. I loved how you showed some doing different actions which are a part of their normal everyday life, you brought their simpler way of life to light.

Your research really dug deep into the history of Kalimantan, it was like stepping back in time thousands of years. With us living in a world of technology, it is very hard to imagine that there are still many who have never even heard of technology, let alone lived with it. One wonders what they would think of a tablet and what they would do with one? And a cell-phone? Heck I don’t think they even know what a land line is. I think many of us imagine going to places such as this to give aid to those needing help, but when it comes downto it, could we actually do without technology after living most our lives with it? Thank you for sharing this great place with us and making our journey a pleasant one. I hope to see you back if I choose to run this one more time.

TheMatteo0
    Wowzza Matt, this lot is simply over the top AWESOMESAUCE! I mean I love modern with a passion, but this has given me a whole new respect for modern architecture. The way you made this feel a part of the land and surroundings, and your attention to both interior and landscape details, has my mind reeling. That landscape alone is so lush and has the feeling of the perfect oasis/garden of eden smack in the middle of a concrete, steel and glass jungle (or the immense nothingness of endless sand of the desert). I just love how you brought the outdoors in as if it were all one entity (of course going from 100+ degrees of outside to cool air conditioning inside would make one realize the difference lol). But you really brought a lot of the ancient city into your build as well, and made it fit in as if it were naturally a part of the build.
    Your research was very interesting and I learned so much about this city which I didn’t already know from history classes, but I do feel that it lacked the rich culture this city is so very full of sadly. I mean Egyptians have evolved so much over time but they savored their culture along the way only adding to it. I always had a great respect for these people, especially the fact that they were obviously so ahead of their time in so many ways. Hatshepsut & Cleopatra both were bold and very brave women and ruled their kingdom like no others, it would have been so awesome to see these 2 represented in your research and even more so as simmies in ancient attire. But there was no mention of local cuisine past or present or any other cultural representation. But you did do a fabulous job with the factual side of things and historical events. I actually got hooked on this site when I was looking into the pyramids; http://www.discoveringegypt.com/index.htm
    Thank you for sharing your vision of Alexandria with us all, it truly was an amazing journey, and hope to see you back with us if I decide to run this one more time.

Trishaanne1987
    Trisha allow me to begin with your presentation, just WOW! You really brought culture oozing from Kyiv, and those patterns are amazing. You have me dying to go on a trip there in RL, as I am obsessed with old cathedral and castle architecture. All those gorgeous churches have me hyperventilating to get on a plane there ASAP! Very thorough research which I learned so much through your presentation. I don’t think you could honestly add anymore to this, as you’ve touched on just about everything.
    Now for your simmies, a major A+++++++++++++ from me here, you really put in so much effort on this section, with patterns, so many cultural outfits, and the pictures both in game and out, simply amazing and earned a major amount of bonus points from me. Not to mention all the skill-ups, just wow.
    Your lots interiors are what surprised me the most, very authentic and cozy looking. However the exterior/architecture just seemed a bit on the easy side of things and really didn’t quite resemble your inspiration pic. Had you expanded the front sides to look like the pic, it would have been much more in tune with the original. But like I said, your interiors more than made up for it in the end. I wish you had finished your community lot and shared it with us, but please do share it even if it won’t count as entered. I would love to know what you came up with for the other lot. Great job and I hope you will come back for more if I decide to run this once again.

Walkingstick
    Your presentation was very short and to the point which left me craving for so much more, but you did bring us local clothing and a bit of food and drink to tease our palettes. I would have liked to know a bit more about the people, architecture, music and parts of the city both past and present, but you did a great job.
    Your lot is where you excelled in culture, this lot is amazing and screams Dubrovnik! All the different textures and so many representative builds within, truly blew my mind. I feel like I am smack in the middle of all this awesomeness that is amazing city has to offer, simply divine and spot on inspiration!
    Your simmies look so authentic and look like they are having such a great time dining and browsing the square, great job on them as well as the pics. Thank you so much for sharing Dubrovnik through your eyes and creativity, I honestly enjoyed my stay. Hope to see you back if I decide to run this one more time.

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    001650860.jpg

These were asked last contest;

Q

I'm having horrendous issues with my game just now if I try to build anything too big, this wouldn't need to be a big build would it?

A

No, you can build any regulation EA sized lot, sorry I can't allow other sizes due to lot placement issues.

Q

I'd like to make sure that I understood the rules correctly:
    Now that I have been told the city I can create one lot that exists in that city, no matter if it is residential or public, can't I?
    It can be from any era - build anytime between 0 and 2014, right?
    It can represent a historical or a modern part of that city?!

A

Yes you are on the right track...you can completely duplicate a building/structure/home from the city you were assigned or build something in the style of and from any era. You must reference your inspiration pic so don't forget so we need to see a part of it duplicated somewhere OR if you are the subjective artiste type, for example, you may use a lot of snow, red & blue because (for me for example) I live in Norway and red & Blue are the main colors in our flag (there is white as well) and we are known for long winters. Get our drift? But most importantly be sure to show cultural evidence in anything you choose to build, even if it’s your own design.

Q

Once we get our city (as I have) and have done research in pictures to choose the best world to build in if none of the worlds best suite your city can we mix and match say we take um Bridge port tear down the buildings and put in ones that more suite the city you are building for?

A

You can build in any world at all and yes you can mix and match anything between world if that is what you need to do to show your assignment to the max.

Q

Question #2 Does this build need to be on a pre-existing EA lot or can we bulldoze their lot and lay down a new one whether it be the same size or not?

A

As for lots, as long as they are EA regulation size (no modded sizes allowed), even if say it's one of the crazy sized lots from a rabbithole removed, just not any lot sizes that don't exist in the game itself.

Q

I have yet another question do we have to stay in the heart of the city we have been given or are we allowed to travel to just outside the city center say by 8 miles?

A

You do want to represent the city, but at the same time you do need to absorb it's surroundings, even if it means outside it's boundries ;) I would say it's best to stick within the county maybe?

Q

1. For a community lot can I build a resort, church or Museum? or does it have to be a base game type community building?

A

You can build whatever type of community lot you wish to build as long as it represents your city, the sky is the limit.

Q

2. I can't remember seeing any decent ponchos in any of the expansions, am I able to just put sims in really colourful conservative clothes instead of ponchos and just try and stylise them to the traditional clothing? I really don't want to have to resort to cc for sim's clothing.

A

As I said in the rules, sims do not need to be uploaded as that is your choice. So to answer your question, you can represent your culture how you see it but you are also allowed to use custom content on your sims for pictures only, if uploaded they must be 100% cc free.

Q

we can build anything in the town right? Mine seems to have simple architecture but I found an amazing store front area that is 5 buildings combined. will that be ok? if you look up pictures it is one of the first to pop up.

A

Yes, the sky is the limit hon, you are allowed 2 entries, 1 residential and 1 community of any kind. They can also be your own design as long as it fits into the surrounding styles and is visible as so. And multiple builds on one lot are perfectly fine, even rabitholes can be hidden in basements if needed, but must be accessable.

Q

can I ask about the boundary for our cities - there are some winelands about 9 miles outside the City of Cape Town. I was also thinking of making a nectary - is 9 miles too far outside the boundary?

A

NO, it is by no means too far out as it is allowable to incorporate surrounding areas as long as the city itself is represented clearly. In other words, say my assignment was Sydney, Aus... and I built a building representative of the Opera house, but in sims that isn't possible do to scale or direct shape, and neither would it be usable as is in game. So I built something showing parts of it, so it is evidenced, but I also found a super unique looking church outside the city which would look cool blended together as a wedding venue, as well as a beautiful park outside the city with gorgeous gardens. They all come together to form one build which will serve as a wedding venue/reception hall/honeymoon suites, so I simply post these 3 pics as my inspirations and explain how this building will fit into my assigned city. ;) Hope this makes sense.

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Around_the_World_in_Eighty_Days_map.png
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Just in case.:)
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ******WISHLIST WISHES******

I am asking all my generous friends to please keep these lists in mind when you go on a gifting spree, as I wish all my contest creators to have what they truly need to make this journey to be the best ever and to be one we will never ever forget.
    I decided to use this post to keep an updated list of all participants wishlist wishes ;) So I will do my best to keep this up to date by checking wl's periodically, and try to pick items which you think will help with their projects (both build and sim wise) assignments in parenthasis, Thanks ;) It seems Jessabeans and several others have attacked many already, so anyone please feel free to join in and clobber fellow creators ;)

40675672 (Julian) (Wellington, New Zealand)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=40675672

Alizatina (Hokkaido, Japan)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Alizatina

aminovas (Pico, Azore Islands)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=aminovas

ArretStrife (Riga, Latvia)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ArretStrife
    Gifted

A*shleykaymay (Gothenburg(Göteborg), Sweden)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Ashleykaymay

aviamoldavia (Minsk, Belarus)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=aviamoldavia
    Gifted

corettabarajas (Amsterdam, Holland)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=corettabarajas

dawnrob (Lucerne, Switzerland)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=dawnrob

DesiiAnowor (Santorini, Greece)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DesiiAnowor
    Gifted

duyguugudur (Cuzco, Peru)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=duyguugudur
    Gifted

Erja888 (Fairbanks, Alaska, USA)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Erja888

1.Chelovyek Floral Print Jacket (75 SP)

gngrsnp (Edinburgh, Scotland)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=gngrsnp

hugzncuddles (Capetown, South Africa)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=hugzncuddles

illusie (Sydney, Australia)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=illusie

KOman123 (Casa Blanca, Moracco)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=KOman123

Laella (Sucre-”La Ciudad Blanca”, Bolivia)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Laella

Lebanna (Christchurch, New Zealand)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Lebanna

Loobylou1985 (Santiago, Chili)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=loobylou1985
    Hi All,

After finding out about the most generous offer of items needed I originally thought I would not need any extra, As my builds are going to be rustic cabin type builds and tonight I was looking in the store and the Waning Moon set seems perfect.
    I put them in the top 20 I would just like to say though that any items are appreciated and that I will be trying to search down ads to get items myself. (I do not know if you can tell I feel extremely uncomfortable doing this)

Gifted

Mcsnjb (Charleston, South Carolina USA)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Mcsnjb
    Gifted

Minnie64 (Bucharest, Romania)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Minnie64

Mishmush (Bath, England)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Mishmush

Mrlabean (Belfast, Northern Ireland)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Mrlabean

MizoreYukii (Tokyo, Japan)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=MizoreYukii
    Gifted

Pallypoo (Bruges, Belgium)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Pallypoo

[bRockleyfamily (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)[/b]
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Rockleyfamily

Sami-katt (Bergen, Norway)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Sami-katt

saint_gambi (Havana, Cuba)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=saint_gambi

samanthajane26 (Billun, Denmark)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=samanthajane26

saschatilo (Cambridge, England)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=saschatilo

soocoolsim (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=soocoolsim
    Gifted

Springfairy556 (Danzig, Poland)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Springfairy556

Stinalina (Borneo, Indonesia)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Stinalina

Summerfalls (Luang Prabang, Laos)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Summerfalls

Tkbluebasketball (Moscow, Russia)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Tkbluebasketball

trishaanne1987 (Kyiv, Ukraine)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=trishaanne1987
    Gifted

Walkingstick (Dubrovnik, Croatia)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Walkingstick
    Gifted

wildtessa (Athens, Greece)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=wildtessa

XoAmeliaoX (Bogota, Columbia
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=XoAmeliaoX

Those not having a wishlist or has only sets and no individual items

AIRIS6962
    Ath3las
    Bookworm742
    ciane
    craingerbeagle
    Docusat
    HadesDragoness
    Hidehi
    Idontrcall
    InvisibleLndz
    Isilweth
    Jessabeans
    Loreleylee
    2Mahawk
    MeaganJo
    Moodbeamy
    pofmuis44
    SALTPASTILLEN
    SeraphinaFyie
    Skymyst
    snowdove
    Wensimmie

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    DocusatDocusat Posts: 2,305 Member
    edited February 2014
    Great to see this back Terry. I had such a ball last year.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2014
    I loved doing this last time!
    username: ciane
    Country which you live now: USA south
    Other countries/provinces you have lived if any: Germany, Hawaii, California, Maryland, and Midwest USA :D
    Other places you have traveled to if any: Every state in USA except Alaska. All over Europe; Sydney, Australia; Seoul, Korea; into Canada and Mexico; and to Costa Rica.
    If you could go anywhere in the world for 2 whole months, where would that be, and why? I seriously love the warm climates with beaches, but I also love the mountains and woods. I would love to spend two whole months either next to a beach or water source OR in the woods. :D I would also love exploring old ruins like Inca dwellings or pyramids or temples. So, someplace like Brazil or Thailand or anyplace in-between. Surprise me!

Yay! Super excited me!

username: ciane
    World Assignment: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    World lot is built in: Bridgeport
    Lot address in world: placed 20x30 centered on crosswalk at end of dockside lane, so 69 or 71 Dockside?
    Link to pic thread/slideshow:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/754677.page
    http://s45.photobucket.com/user/ciane/library/101/AtW (album - so you can read the title and description below each image)
    http://s45.photobucket.com/user/ciane/slideshow/101/AtW (build)
    http://s45.photobucket.com/user/ciane/slideshow/101/AtW/Tango (sims)
    link to lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8250527
    link to sim/sim family: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8250529

aaec24a3-8cc5-4d33-819d-4c302ca2068b_zps3de09d1a.jpg
    Caminito is a little street in the colorful neighborhood of La Boca that began as housing for immigrants in the late 18th century.
    Screenshot-329_zps4da27285.jpg
    With the skyscrapers of Buenos Aires beyond, La Boca enjoys being close to the port.
    Screenshot-320_zps882969ef.jpg

An inspiration picture that my build is based on:
    22742_buenos_aires_la_boca_zpsf164620c.jpg
    (This determined the in and outs and balconies, stairs, windows, doors, building material, lamps, colors, and even sculptures and seating used.)

The local tango dancers and artists who've been hanging out at Caminito:
    Screenshot-216_zps96bd8616.jpg
  • Options
    snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited May 2014
    User name- snowdove58
    Country where I live now- USA- Michigan
    Other countries/provinces I've lived in- None
    Other places you have traveled in: Ohio,West Virginia,Virginia,N. Carolina, S.Carolina
    If you could go anywhere in the world for 2 whole months, where would that be and why? Grand Cayman because my Husband was there when he was 16. I've seen his pictures. It looks like a lovely place and I would like to learn more about it.

Username- snowdove58
    World Assignment- Caracas, Venezuela
    World lot is built in: Appaloosa (empty)
    Lot address in world: 202 Appaloosa Avenue
    Link to screenshots/slideshow: http://snowdove61.blogspot.com/2014/04/caracas-venezuela-contest-destination.html
    Link to lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8199055
    Link to Sim/Sim family: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8199056
    Link to Palomo- http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8199058

Inspiration Pic:
    MUSEO_1_zps983c2487.jpg"width=600"

Screenshot-49_zpsaf55abf3.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-232_zpse4914fb9.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-2_zpsf14168ea.jpg"width=600"

Description: Casa Natal Libertador Bolivar was the birthplace of Simon Bolivar. His story is in my report. I barely touched on the battles as I chose to make it more personal. This is a residential lot. The museum is on the right, the home is in the middle and to the left is a barn,A small house for Hipolita, (Bolivars nurse maid), and a carriage house. This building does not have modern ammenities. It does have 3 bathrooms and a victrola. I put a fire alarm in the kichen window and a burglar alarm behind the entry bookshelf. The garden plants are in growing stages as I play tested a long time.
    Simon Bolivar and his mistress Manuela Saenz are my chosen sims.Their story is in the blog. I also added a download to Palomo his horse.There are 6 pages to read as I tried to not to lag the pictures loading. 3 in april, 3 in May. I will be adding 1 more page for part 2. This will also finish some things about Bolivars story that are worthy of knowing. Custard checked

Entry Number 2- Community lot(graveyard)-snowdove58
    Assignment- Caracas Venezuela
    World lot is built in- Empty Appaloosa Plains
    Lot Address- 1812 Edna Mary Way
    Link to pic thread/ slideshow- http://snowdove61.blogspot.com/2014/05/caracas-2nd-entry-community-lot.html
    Link to lot- http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8219300
    Link to sim family:
    Hipolita- http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8219304
    Matea- http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8219306

Screenshot
    Screenshot-42_zps0837aa40.jpg"width=600"

Description- The National Pantheon of Caracas,Venezuela ( sims version) is designated a graveyard. This is the place where the people in my report are laid to rest. My sims are Hipolita and Matea Bolivar, uploaded seperately. They are both custom content free. Matea has a head scarf in the pictures only. Info on her upload description. It took me 2 pages to finish :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Oh my word! That prize pot is crazy. Hopefully, you'll have lots of serious entries now. :D
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited February 2014
    I missed the signup last year, but I really enjoyed the entries. I've received my assignment, I'm excited to get started and looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with.

username:Jessabeans
    Country which you live now; South Eastern United States (if USA you can say eastcoast north or south, westcoast north or south, midwest, etc..... meaning you don't have to give your state if you don't wish to, your choice). As for other countries please at least give province.
    Other countries/provinces you have lived if any; None
    Other places you have traveled to if any; Most of the continental United States and Bermuda.
    If you could go anywhere in the world for 2 whole months, where would that be, and why?; Flanders region of Belgium, Several years ago, I studied Flemish Oil painting. After learning the technique I went around looking for any Dutch paintings from 1600's. I think it would be the most amazing thing to have some time to paint where Vermeer, Rembrandt and the other Dutch Golden Age masters actually lived.

username__Jessabeans____
    World Assignment__Brussels, Belgium__
    link to sim/sim family_________________________

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Oops. Forgot to sign up

username: Docusat
    Country which you live now; Laois, Ireland
    (Other countries/provinces you have lived if any; None
    Other places you have traveled to if any; England, Scotland, Wales, France, Tunisia, Latvia, Holland.
    If you could go anywhere in the world for 2 whole months, where would that be, and why?; I don't know. There are just too many choices. It's a cold, wet winter here and part of me would love to go somewhere warm.
    But another voice says go to Germany, my eldest son has just returned after living there for 2 years. Maybe it's time to go see a little of what he experienced.
    I'm also saving up (and this is gonna take years, so far I've got $200 lol) for a trip to the States. I've family living in New Jersey and California and I've never managed to visit. So I guess I'd also like to be surprised.

My computer isn't liking big complicated builds and life is kinda hectic at the min so I can't guarantee I'll finish this but I will give it my very best shot.

username: Docusat
    World Assignment: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
  • Options
    friendsfan36friendsfan36 Posts: 6,715 New Member
    edited February 2014
    so sorry i didn't reply to your email. as much as i want to enter i probaly shoudn't . my computer is having issues it wants memory and probably needs a windows upgrade since i stll have xp . which is very out dated.
  • Options
    saschatilosaschatilo Posts: 3,007 Member
    edited February 2014
    Yay! Thanks for the email Terry. I wouldn't want to miss this! :mrgreen:

username:saschatilo

Country which you live now:USA, Michigan

Other countries/provinces you have lived if any: sadly, none :cry:

Other places you have traveled to if any: The only other country I've ever been to is Canada. I've also been to a few US states

If you could go anywhere in the world for 2 whole months, where would that be, and why?: I think I said England last time and it's still England. I love the culture, the people, the accents. I think I'd just have a blast across the pond.

Official Entry form
    username saschatilo
    World Assignment Cambridge, England
    then you must spend as much time as possible researching past and present of your assignment, architecture, Culture, cultural clothing styles, cuisine/recipe’s, hair colors/styles typical of the local culture ...etc.
  • Options
    wensimmiewensimmie Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited February 2014
    username: wensimmie
    Country which you live now: Virginia, USA
    Other countries/provinces you have lived if any: Illinois, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas

Other places you have traveled to if any:
    Canada and several states in the U.S.
    (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming)

If you could go anywhere in the world for 2 whole months, where would that be, and why? Alaska. Hubby and I went there last May for our 20th anniversary and loved it – the scenery, the history and it wasn’t hot! We both love snow and cold. Unfortunately we were only there for 1 week. I would love to go back and visit Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kodiak Island and perhaps even Barrows :shock:

I would love to see the Northern Lights and more of the wildlife.
    This sounds like a great challenge. Looking forward to seeing everyone's creations.

Official Entry form
    username: wensimmie
    World Assignment: Sodankyla, Finland :lol::lol::lol:
    World lot is built in:
    Lot address in world:
    Link to pic thread/slideshow:
    link to lot:
    link to sim/sim family: *(NOT required to upload)*

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Friendsfan, XP is a great operating system. I still have one in use. It was made before things got complicated, so you can do a system restore on it and it'll revert back to the way it was when originally came to you. Of course, then you'd have to do all the updates, so maybe that isn't a great thing. BUT, if you ever get a stupid virus you can't get rid of, sys restore is nice to have.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    8) OK everyone should have gotten emails to here, so have fun ;)

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Oh, yeah... I've got mine and I am super excited. I can't wait to start researching!
  • Options
    AshleykaymayAshleykaymay Posts: 1,524 Member
    edited March 2014
    username: Ashleykaymay
    World Assignment Gothenburg Sweeden

Oh I'm excited! I loved watching this contest the last time it was going on. :D

username: Ashleykaymay

Country which you live now; Midwest USA

Other countries/provinces you have lived if any:
    USA: Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, North Dakota, New Mexico, Montana, and Las Vegas, Nevada.
    I also lived in England three separate times for a total of 9 years.

States: California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Wyoming, South Dakota, Kansas, St. Louis
    Other Countries: Paris, France; Mexico; Canada

I just changed my answer to the last question. I hope that is ok. I just kept thinking about it. :oops:

If you could go anywhere in the world for 2 whole months, where would that be, and why? Sweden. I would love to take baking classes and study the decor and architecture. I'm fascinated by the country as a whole!
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited February 2014
    Username: Skymyst
    Country which you live now: USA - Slanesville - WV: East Coast (if USA you can say east coast north or south, west coast north or south, midwest, etc..... meaning you don't have to give your state if you don't wish to, your choice). As for other countries please at least give province.
    Other countries/provinces you have lived if any I have lived all over the East Coast - FL, SC, MD, WV - but never left the county or province
    Other places you have traveled to if any I went to the West Coast once for a weekend trip; an Canada for a Month.
    If you could go anywhere in the world for 2 whole months, where would that be, and why? To Norway to visit Terry for a Vacation =)

• Options
    AshleykaymayAshleykaymay Posts: 1,524 Member
    edited February 2014
    I just changed my answer to the last question Terry. I hope that is ok. I kept thinking about it and it is also at the top of my dream list. :oops:
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    edited June 2014
    OMG Terry. It was so awesome seeing the reference to the Symposium. I miss those days of the forum and sometimes wonder how Skye and everyone else is doing. Anyway, this looks like a great contest. Pretty extensive so I'm glad to see the longer timeline. I'm thinking of giving this a shot. Have a lot going on in life right now so am crossing my fingers I can complete as planned. Anyway, am jumping in with round 1.

username:Soocoolsim
    Country which you live now: Canada (Ontario)
    Other countries/provinces you have lived if any: Guyana, South America
    Caribbean: St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, Martinique, Barbados, Trinidad; Cuba: Varadero, Manzanillo; Eastern Europe: Budapest, Hungary; Vienna, Austria; Prague,Czech Republic; USA: Florida, California, New York, Chicago, Ohio; Canada: Montreal, Quebec; Whistler, Vancouver British Columbia

If you could go anywhere in the world for 2 whole months, where would that be, and why? Portugal. I have not been to this part of the world and would love to see this country which I understand is very beautiful. My Portuguese friends rave about the fruits which they say taste amazing.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

username: Soocoolsim
    World Assignment: Sao Paulo, Brazil
    World lot is built in Bridgeport
    Lot address in world: 1684 Memorial Parkway (near the stadium)
    Link to pic thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/754519.page
    Link to slideshow including additional pictures: http://s82.photobucket.com/user/soocoolsim/slideshow/Hotel Unique Resort
    link to lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8251297
    Link to report presentation: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/754638.page#12065234
    link to sim/sim family: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/754856.page#12069634
    Link to CAP: Sao Paulo Football Club logos and patterns created by me and can be downloaded in my studio - http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/soocoolsim/mystudio
  • Options
    mrlabeanmrlabean Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited February 2014
    Username: mrlabean
    Country which you live now; Michigan, USA
    Other countries/provinces you have lived if any; Upstate New York
    Other places you have traveled to if any; Up & down east coast US, and as far west as Montana, Never down South
    If you could go anywhere in the world for 2 whole months, where would that be, and why?; Ireland. The country is beautiful and I love the Celtic heritage.

Official Entry form
    username mrlabean

World Assignment Belfest, North Ireland

• Options
    edited February 2014
    You're on the ball Terry. Assignment received and entry post updated. Looking forward to starting my research when I get home from work today