Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunny Day gift for Alitoni!

My dearest Alitoni,

When I got you as my Blossom Buddy I was excited, then I read your letter and started to get nervous. You asked for a custom made showtime venue (one that would fit into many worlds) and I've never completed any of my attempts at those - so I started to sweat! The past weeks have been challenging as I have attempted something I've never done before, many early versions of this were scrapped since they looked just like carbon copies of other venues or just didn't feel like me. But I think I have finally come up with something that is me, and I hope you as well :mrgreen:

I present you the Ocean Breeze Performance Park!

Screenshot-13_zps8a6f7d18.jpg"width=640"

Is it a park? Is it a venue? Is it where families go to hang out? - it's all of the above! Jam packed with activities in a riot of flowers the Ocean Breeze Performance Park offers something for everybody. Bring your family, bring your friends, have a party! The barrista, food merchant and mixologist as well as the bbq area and the fire pit offers food on any sims budget. Toddlers, children and teens will all find activities to enjoy here and it's a great place to take that special someone....and don't forget to catch the show when it's on.

(Since it's a venue you can only use the bathrooms, and other areas enclosed in walls during opening hours, but the park area, the playground and fire pit, as well as the arcade games can, and will, be used by townies at all hours of the day).

It is built on a 40x40 lot. Suggested placement in some of the worlds are:

Sunset Valley
229 Skyborough Blvd where the Salon is autoplaced, so you'll have to remove it

Twinbrook
16 Puddlewick Drive

Bridgeport
Buldoze the home at 73 Embracadero Drive and place the lot in it's place

Appaloosa Plains
1005 Pomona Promenade

Riverview
replace the 750 Old Farm Road lot with a 40x40 lot and place there

Sunlit Tides
The Sandy Beach where Mick's Master Karaoke is auto placed so you'll have to remove that

Dragon Valley
88 Deidre Drive

Download Here
d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    edited July 2013
    Now, time for a tour - Some of my sims invited some of your's to a nice outing, this is what they got up to!

Here is the view from the street in Sunste Valley.
    Screenshot-12_zps258fb1df.jpg"width=640"

A touch of the ocean comes from the mermaid statue, and there is plenty of advertising for the different shows (and those hibiscus trees I sent you :wink: )
    Screenshot-11_zpsca6e9f77.jpg"width=640"

To the left of the entrance is a pergola with a chess set, perfect for pirates or other sims to hang out and try a peaceful bout of chess.
    Screenshot-9_zps588c1a31.jpg"width=640"

The playground provides for kids of all ages, as well as the entrepreneurs.
    Screenshot-2_zps1e6e4191.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-14_zps9a1c4cff.jpg"width=640"

The kid's relaxation room, has a baby swing, a costumes chest, a bookshelf and even a potty chair. Outside is the perfect place for a tired parent to rest as well...
    Screenshot-16_zpsb2da8d9e.jpg"width=640"

Through one of the arches you can spy this secret garden.
    Screenshot-23_zps4ffb7fdc.jpg"width=640"

It's the perfect place for two lovebirds to hang out in private.
    Screenshot-5_zpsa33b58a2.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-4_zps8dcfa2cf.jpg"width=640"

When they tire of that they can grab a bite in the bistro, we offer both coffee and food as well as excellent seating.
    Screenshot-7_zps4a00fe69.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-8_zps436fd839.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-20_zps4307a892.jpg"width=640"

If drinks are more your style, the mixologist can set you up.
    Screenshot-22_zps46808f89.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-18_zpsb99d051f.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-19_zps7aea1317.jpg"width=640"

Or why not just have some fun around the fire pit?
    Screenshot-21_zpsef949608.jpg"width=640"
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Captain Salty Pants: You know what would have made this really great? A pond, why isn't there one?

Just ignore that annoying pirate an focus on the positive, please? No pond, but plenty of fun to be had anyway! Get of those swings will you?
    Screenshot-25_zpse4e69fdd.jpg"width=640"

We're having a birthday party!
    Screenshot-26_zpsf754d4d4.jpg"width=640"

The picknick area is great for eating that cake.
    Screenshot-27_zps058bb624.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-28_zps474caf76.jpg"width=640"

Now, let's dance it off!
    Screenshot-38_zpse1fd5c3d.jpg"width=640"

Now for the show! (performer kindly provided by Charicharn) This is how the park got it's name...
    Screenshot-40_zpsc66a2201.jpg"width=640"

And the crowd goes wild!
    Screenshot-39_zpsa94b88e7.jpg"width=640"
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Here are some additional screenshots:

The stage in daylight, the houses on either side are 4 same sex bathrooms and the arcade machined are located there as well.

Screenshot-29_zpsc8909554.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-31_zps4650a8b1.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-30_zpse946fd96.jpg"width=640"

Bathrooms
    Screenshot-32_zps1c82b174.jpg"width=640"

Kids relaxation room
    Screenshot-33_zps985e5f13.jpg"width=640"

Bar with seating
    Screenshot-34_zpsf3d41086.jpg"width=640"

Bistro with seating
    Screenshot-35_zps7d289722.jpg"width=640"

Secret Garden area
    Screenshot-36_zpsbbb85167.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-37_zps375972aa.jpg"width=640"

I hope you enjoy it!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Surprise!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited July 2013
    Beautiful park Salty!!!
  • Options
    AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited July 2013
    Oh Salty ... I am speechless at the moment. This has literally brought tears to my eyes. I am so touched that you put so much time and effort into this amazing gift! When you sent me the shrubs I hadn't a clue you were my Blossom Buddy. What a fabulous surprise! I really am sitting here struggling for words to describe how moved I am by your gift!

I love all of the different areas throughout the part that cover pretty much every need or want my Sims could possibly have for an all day adventure to this park. And I really enjoyed the pictures and how you used some of my Sims in them! Seriously! I know how difficult it can be to set up shots with these finicky Sims, and the way you showed off the different activities, WOW! Thank you! I just cannot stop looking at them all!! They are fabulous!

For me, the pictures are as much a part of the gift, as the actual park, and in combination with the Hibiscus Trio, this has been the best gift anyone could have given me!! Oh my gosh!! Thank you so very much, Salty!! Thank you thank you thank you, and thank you!! *hugs*

CatHug2_zpsf28fcdd1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yay!

So glad you liked it! I really wanted to create a venue you could hang out in all day, and I hope your sims have fun there :)

Also, had such fun once I came up with the idea of using some of your sims in my photos, you really need to upload more! Would love to check out some pic of what your sims get up to once you add it to your game :)

I was worried you'd clue in to me being your buddy once I sent you the hibiscus trio, which was why I tried to send it some days in advance. As you can see from the pics, I'm really crazy when it comes to plants in my lots :P Hope it won't take too long to render, because as usual there is a lot of objects in there.

(I have a tear or two of my own from reading your lovely message)

Hugs!
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited July 2013
    WOW! This park look amazing! It has so much to do, you did a brilliant job Salty! Already rec'd! :D
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I am super excited about playing this!! I've got errands to take care of this morning, and some household chores to do when I get back. So it will be later this afternoon before I can plaaaaayyyyy!! .... *whines* I want to play with it nooooowwwwwwwww!! :lol:
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2013
    What a beautiful gift! Amazing work :mrgreen:
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hello

That is such a great build WOW!! Is that Krazylegs the acrobat? LOL is that what you need performers for? You did an awesome job.

charicharn
  • Options
    NOXXINOXXI Posts: 2,728 Member
    edited July 2013
    Oooh my what a pretty park!
    *steals* :D
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited July 2013
    Great pics! It is awesome to "invite" other simmers into your game that way, isn't it? So exciting! You did an outstanding job!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Charicharn wrote:
    Hello

That is such a great build WOW!! Is that Krazylegs the acrobat? LOL is that what you need performers for? You did an awesome job.

charicharn
    Thank you for providing the performer! I love it!!
  • Options
    envira_xenvira_x Posts: 4,295 Member
    edited July 2013
    What a gorgeous park, salty-pants! It looks magical- - so beautiful and well crafted. I think you hit every note perfectly!! <3<3
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Charicharn wrote:
    Hello

charicharn

Yes, he was perfect for the playtesting and I decided he made the cut for the pictures as well. Hope you don't mind 8)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    envira_x wrote:
    What a gorgeous park, salty-pants! It looks magical- - so beautiful and well crafted. I think you hit every note perfectly!! <3<3

Oh Envie! That's so sweet of you =D
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Charicharn wrote:
    Hello

charicharn

Yes, he was perfect for the playtesting and I decided he made the cut for the pictures as well. Hope you don't mind 8)
    Using all those various Sims was an awesome idea, and I love it!! I appreciate Charicharn letting you use Krazylegs! Just fabulous!!