Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA confirms a "next Sims game" on Twitter

The official EA account Inside_EA posted a tweet on Twitter with job offerings for the "next Sims game"
Join the dev team at EA and work on the next Sims game as a UI Engineer! Opportunity in Redwood City: http://bit.ly/100c98B #hotjobsfriday

Now, judging from the link, this is a flash game, not a full standalone game, so it's probably not The Sims 4, and if it is, there's reason to be disappointed.

This further complicates the question of what they're going to announce on Monday.

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    edited May 2013
    good find! Now I'm not so sure it's going to be Sims 4 they announce or not, or just another Sims game for a different platform. I'm still convinced Sims 4 is coming at some point in the next year or two, though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    LimeSims3LimeSims3 Posts: 550 Member
    edited May 2013
    Would it be possible that Sims 4 would be a Flash game?
    Twitter: @LimeSims ♦ Facebook: iSims Sverige
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited May 2013
    If it's not THe Sims 4 then it's dissapointing! :(
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited May 2013
    LimeSims3 wrote:
    If it is, then it would be really dissapointing :/ I don't want any Flash game :roll:
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    Arrrggh! What are they trying to DO?! Make my head explode??? :?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Of course this is on a Friday for Monday reveal so all our imaginations, hopes and fears and run rampant for three whole days. Thanks EA! :lol:

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    Quite possible they are working on an improve Sims game for mobile platform or Facebook.

The Sims Freeplay is major success. I absolutely ADORE that game. It's very similar to TS3, it doesn't force you to buy anything and it's very relaxing and enjoyable. I like how I can send them to sleep for an hour and phone will let me know when they're up so I don't have to check up on them.

Off topic there :lol: Back on topic now..

There were few job listings for Redwood Shores' Sims Flash game before (posted on SimsVIP).

Whatever it is, I'm sure Monday's announcement is something really big like TS4. Or reincarnation of The Sims Online :mrgreen:

Edit: Also, what irony they are looking for a UI developer after those UI for The Sims 4 leaked.. :lol:
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited May 2013
    They still have yet to release and show off the time travel ep so thats probably what it is
  • Options
    LimeSims3LimeSims3 Posts: 550 Member
    edited May 2013
    They still have yet to release and show off the time travel ep so thats probably what it is

Why would they need Flash UI for that one?
    Twitter: @LimeSims ♦ Facebook: iSims Sverige
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    Edit: Also, what irony they are looking for a UI developer after those UI for The Sims 4 leaked.. :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited May 2013
    Just got back online after taking a break. :mrgreen:

I expected the announcement to be something big like TS4, so I'll be disappointed if it's not, but I'll be really disappointed if I find out that TS4 is a flash game! :o

Oh well, I've got three days to worry about it before the news comes.
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited May 2013
    If this is the next generation after The Sims 3 I'm going to bawl forever. What a major step back if it'll be a simple flash game!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just thought of something... maybe they're just looking for some more UI mock-ups made in flash, but this won't be the programming for the actual game?

I really hope so.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm putting all of this together and something is not adding up. It looks off. It reminds me of my cooking, and like my cooking I have no idea what to expect come Monday. :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The only thing that didn't add up to me was the flash thing, but now I have a theory for that. :D

I'm now 90% sure that the big announcement will be The Sims 4. :D
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited May 2013
    LimeSims3 wrote:
    No.
    that wouldnt make them NEARLY enough money. i thionk it might just be a replacement for the sims social.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Zerbu wrote:
    The only thing that didn't add up to me was the flash thing, but now I have a theory for that. :D

whats the theory?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would hope the people working on the sims 3 will be moved to the sims 4 especially Graham,Ryan,Sara,Mike,Smitty,Grant R,Copeland and Britt.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I would hope the people working on the sims 3 will be moved to the sims 4 especially Graham,Ryan,Sara,Mike,Smitty,Grant R,Copeland and Britt.
    no.. not all of them id want. some of them like to recycle things. id like a fresher bunch, with fresher ideas.
    the people working on the store worlds need to be put on ts4. they have greaaaat ideas.
  • Options
    Ilovecats1989Ilovecats1989 Posts: 227 Member
    edited May 2013
    why would they go backwards and make the new sims game a flash game?? that makes no sense to me at all i would expect it to have better graphics then the sims 3 with a whole new art style not a flash game though if they made the sims franchise into a flash game then ea is really running themselves over no one would buy that i know i wouldn't the images shown on the simsvip site only look slightly better then sims 1 :| please tell me they wouldn't release something like that :(
  • Options
    CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope it's a big spin-off of TS3. If it's TS4, I'm out of the franchise until TS5 comes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    Zerbu wrote:

whats the theory?

They might just be wanting someone to make more flash mock-ups, but flash might not be used for the actual game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Zerbu wrote:
    bosslaydee wrote:
    Zerbu wrote:

whats the theory?

They might just be wanting someone to make more flash mock-ups, but flash might not be used for the actual game.
    thats cool. if it makes sense, im all on board :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    CoryMach wrote:
    I hope it's a big spin-off of TS3. If it's TS4, I'm out of the franchise until TS5 comes.
    a spin off of ts3 IS ts4.. -.-
    and if you dont play ts4.. why would you play ts5??
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top