Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Newly installed worlds/venues after latest patching showing custom content icon NOT store

I am concerned that after finally getting the patches to install and starting a brand new game with absolutely nothing in it (renaming the Sims 3 folder so a fresh game with no store or custom content is generated) results in a custom content icon for the Aurora Skies world in the installed content tab in the launcher.

I reinstalled all my store worlds yesterday and the icon for Sunlit Tides did the same thing when I looked in installed content on the launcher - showed custom content rather than store. All the venues that came out with the worlds also showed a custom content icon rather than the store one in my newly-generated game's community bin. (Again, I generated a brand new Sims 3 folder with nothing in it after renaming my old sims 3 folder in my documents. I redownloaded all the worlds directly from this site and installed only the worlds - no other store items and no cc.)

Is this the result of the latest store patch or the latest game patch?

I followed the advice linked below on how to get patches to install (which they did), but this custom content icon rather than store does not seem good. Will it keep my uploads from working correctly? Will they show as custom content for others who try to download them?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Help-Guide-All-in-one-fix-except-hardware-issues-PC-only/m-p/734448

Comments