Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's coming to the sims 3 store next week March 7th? (New Theater Venue Confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    somnambulist07somnambulist07 Posts: 50 Member
    edited March 2013
    I wonder, if there is a movie projector object, whether we will get a selection of film reels with different genres to play onto the big screen. Or maybe sims can make their own movies...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,471 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oviously I hope this is a venue rather then just a set. Even if it is a venue we can still use the stuff at home.

Also there is a home theater blue print in the blue print feature. We could update that with this stuff.

I defienly plan on adding a home theater now but if this isn't a open theater venue like I'm hoping I'll be very disappointed.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited March 2013
    Is it a Home Cinema set or a Cinema Venue? :)

I cannot wait to find out more... :D

If it were a venue, it could come with new romantic interactions like 'Movie Makeout' etc for CatLoverPlayer :lol:

Thumbnail_688x336_ADD8.jpg

I doubt the seats will let sims makeout since thier single chairs.

Hmmmmmmmmm... You are right CLP :( If it is a new venue, then hopefully the new PC items it comes with will have some fun new interactions :) We need PC items that allow our sims to interact more with each other.
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited March 2013
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! sorry about that I'm calm now, wait one more time AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! ok Im better.

Something I've always wanted in the sims game hopefully this is not just a functional tv. hopefully we have popcorn maker. and concession stand for snacks. I can't wait to get this. :lol:
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm just putting this out there. The end tables between the chairs look out of place. Could they be there to keep the seats from joining? Could they be sectional chairs and they wanted us to be able to see the cupholders. If they are sectional chairs then you could add romantic actions to them. Actually, there already are.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm just putting this out there. The end tables between the chairs look out of place. Could they be there to keep the seats from joining? Could they be sectional chairs and they wanted us to be able to see the cupholders. If they are sectional chairs then you could add romantic actions to them. Actually, there already are.

I hope your right. I'd like for sims to be able to cuddle and makeout in the theater.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Something else that makes me think this might be a venue is the venue idea thread Simguru Copeland put up. Several people mentioned an open theater in it.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

I hope your right. I'd like for sims to be able to cuddle and makeout in the theater.
    michellehilbrand I do hope your observation is right :) We shall have to wait and see :D

The Guru's do like to tease us by offering only the barest of information, just enough to let our imaginations take flight, and go off in all kinds of crazy directions! :lol:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! sorry about that I'm calm now, wait one more time AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! ok Im better.

Something I've always wanted in the sims game hopefully this is not just a functional tv. hopefully we have popcorn maker. and concession stand for snacks. I can't wait to get this. :lol:

Yay! :D I hope this new set/venue fulfills all your expectations Dragon123561 :) Now we shall all have to wait patiently for more information... :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited March 2013
    I am simply amazed and very excited now. :D I've been wanting an open theater for the longest. Thank you Simguru Copeland,Tatertot and all the other store people who made this possible. :D

This will go great with the university town. I hope they code the seats so townies automously sit in them when the show starts and I hope they have an ask to join feature.

Premium content?

Soda Maker?

Popcorn Maker?

:D

That isn't all wonder if this is part of a date set and the love stuff is included on top of everything else. :D

I can tell you will all certainty it's not the "love set".

Thank you!!!
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member
    edited March 2013
    I am simply amazed and very excited now. :D I've been wanting an open theater for the longest. Thank you Simguru Copeland,Tatertot and all the other store people who made this possible. :D

This will go great with the university town. I hope they code the seats so townies automously sit in them when the show starts and I hope they have an ask to join feature.

Premium content?

Soda Maker?

Popcorn Maker?

:D

That isn't all wonder if this is part of a date set and the love stuff is included on top of everything else. :D

I can tell you will all certainty it's not the "love set".

Hmmm I wonder.

Since it is not the "love set" - does that mean there may be a "love set" actually coming soon?
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited March 2013
    Halle_M wrote:
    Wasn't there free valentines items on the store for free a few years ago, that you could use for a "love set"? :roll:

A couple of hokey outfits are not the same as having premium content, are they...?

I wouldn't know since I've never bought anything from the sims 3 store. I thought that the free themed sets came with a few objects though.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited March 2013
    It looks like it's going to be a set where we can make our own movie theaters. It might just be a huge tv and some chairs that look like those in a movie theater, but with some imagination it will do quite nicely.

Just in case anybody wonders, no I don't have psychic abilities, there's a sticky at the top of the page with a picture.
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited March 2013

michellehilbrand I do hope your observation is right :) We shall have to wait and see :D

The Guru's do like to tease us by offering only the barest of information, just enough to let our imaginations take flight, and go off in all kinds of crazy directions! :lol:

I think it is their main amusement at work. I would laugh at us too. We get pretty carried away.
  • Options
    LittleKittenCatLittleKittenCat Posts: 660 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm gonna guess the simplest one... Massive TV + furniture set to go with it o.o

Hello LittleKittenCat :) You are probably right. A set could be as good as a venue provided it came with PC items that could be used on a Community lot :D

Hii Kate! *waves* they'll probably make this a venue, but as I don't see a popcorn maker, I don't wanna keep my hopes up. I just don't see how a TV can be premium content, popcorn maker though... o.o

If it isn't a venue, I can always refurbish my Olympian physique :D
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited March 2013
    I just saw the picture. If it's a new venue:

1. There's probably not going to be NPC's in it (I will be surprised if there is, but realistically I don't see one).

2. It just looks more of like a Home Theatre Room rather than an actual Cinema. You know, the ones that people like having at home for? Maybe....

3. I don't think the picture screams any Premium Content so far.

4. My hopes are (not predictions) a Popcorn Maker for home and a projector + screen.

We'll see what happens March 7th. :XD:
  • Options
    Branwen333Branwen333 Posts: 222 New Member
    edited March 2013
    This must be the open/backyard sort of Home Theater Cinema I remember discussing in a topic with CatLoverPlayer awhile back...

so hopefully this is it, along with some awesome PC items too...

AND that we can work it great with UL...or without for those NOT choosing to get the new EP.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    I just saw the picture. If it's a new venue:

1. There's probably not going to be NPC's in it (I will be surprised if there is, but realistically I don't see one).

2. It just looks more of like a Home Theatre Room rather than an actual Cinema. You know, the ones that people like having at home for? Maybe....

3. I don't think the picture screams any Premium Content so far.

4. My hopes are (not predictions) a Popcorn Maker for home and a projector + screen.

We'll see what happens March 7th. :XD:

If it is a venue it may have NPC's. EA may have made a special Ticket Booth :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I have a request. If this isn't a venue can someone build a theater with this set? Please make it atleast 40x40 or smaller so I can place it in any town. Also no cc please.

I am really excited about this. First Uni comes out. I was already excited about that then 2 days later this is out.

Regarding premium content not being shown prehaps it will be in the next set of pics. SG Tot says more pics are coming as we get closer to release.

Gosh I hope we get a popcorn maker and it allows sims to eat popcorn on the new chairs and on the sofe. I'm also hopin for some popcorn bags and a soda maker.

• Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have a request. If this isn't a venue can someone build a theater with this set? Please make it atleast 40x40 or smaller so I can place it in any town. Also no cc please.

I am really excited about this. First Uni comes out. I was already excited about that then 2 days later this is out.

Regarding premium content not being shown prehaps it will be in the next set of pics. SG Tot says more pics are coming as we get closer to release.

Gosh I hope we get a popcorn maker and it allows sims to eat popcorn on the new chairs and on the sofe. I'm also hopin for some popcorn bags and a soda maker.

If you have Lucky Palms, one of the houses is a converted movie theater. It's over on the far side of the world where the less expensive homes are located - not ingame right now so I can't get you the address.

You can just convert it back to a movie theater. That's what I was planning on doing if this doesn't come with a venue.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ooooooooooh great ideas fellow simmers :) Guru's - any more hints before the 7th? :D:wink:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited March 2013
    Nice! :D I hope it's a venue( + for home use), but then I want to be able to tag
    this venue as a movie theater, because too many hangouts and visitors allowed in my worlds...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Another pic was released today. This has me more convinced that this is a open theater venue. It not only has the new chairs but also sofas futher back.

http://simsvip.com/2013/03/05/sims-3-store-another-sneak-peek-3/
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,871 Member
    edited March 2013
    Another pic was released today. This has me more convinced that this is a open theater venue. It not only has the new chairs but also sofas futher back.

I think it's fairly obvious this is going to be an open theater venue. The question is, is that ALL it's going to be, and what type of PC will come with it - projector?popcorn machine? Could it also be more than just a movie theater? Like a whole performing arts center? Symphony, speakeasys, dramatic performances and movies, or "just" movies (not that just movies are a bad thing, just balancing out in comparison).

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited March 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:

I think it's fairly obvious this is going to be an open theater venue. The question is, is that ALL it's going to be, and what type of PC will come with it - projector?popcorn machine? Could it also be more than just a movie theater? Like a whole performing arts center? Symphony, speakeasys, dramatic performances and movies, or "just" movies (not that just movies are a bad thing, just balancing out in comparison).

Jcp011c2, you bring up a very good question. I am extremely interested to know if this is all it's going to be. Obviously they aren't showing us everything, since the best marketing has elements of surprise to keep us intrigued, but I enjoy guessing!

Since I read that only the tv shows that we have are likely to be the only things shown in the theatre, I'm even more interested to know the selling point of this content. Also, we already have really big tvs from the store/eps, which makes me wonder further. Popcorn machine is practically a given imo, but like Azn said, I don't expect NPC servers, which is ok.

It'd be cool if the seats moved! Like a mini-carnival ride (something else we really need lol) I don't know if you guys have ever been to a moving theatre, but they are awesome! They are 3D, shoot out effects like mist, water, and even smells! If it was something like this it could give our sims some awesome moodlets.

Also I love your idea of a performing arts center!! This would make the content amazing! :D