Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's coming to the sims 3 store next week March 7th? (New Theater Venue Confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited March 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Sorry to be the buzzkill here, but it's not wowing me. It may as time gets closer though and we see more. If it is a home cinema I will likely wait...at least until the next sim point sale. :roll:

If it'd been an open restaurant though I'd be all over it.

At least I'm willing to consider any store content at all now that I know that AS's snow issue is being looked at and wasn't just a money grab. Well, more than usual though, I just tend to overlook it because the stuff is usually so nice! :lol:

I admit, I was really, really hoping for a Bakery or Tea Rooms with Tea Set :)
    The Cinema has possibilities... :) I know alot of simmers have been wanting a Cinema Complex venue so this should make them very happy :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    QuizeburioQuizeburio Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited March 2013
    Is it a Home Cinema set or a Cinema Venue? :)

I cannot wait to find out more... :D

If it were a venue, it could come with new romantic interactions like 'Movie Makeout' etc for CatLoverPlayer :lol:

Thumbnail_688x336_ADD8.jpg
    I hope it comes with the obvious Popcorn Maker. I always wanted it again after TS1.
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,116 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm thinking its very likely we will get a Popcorn Machine with this set, wasn't that one of the options in a past survey?? I would be extremely surprised if we didn't get one!
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited March 2013
    It would be cool if it came with a bar that sold theater type food. It looks like a theater venue not a home theater.
  • Options
    Branwen333Branwen333 Posts: 222 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Seems like a venue of a movie theater, which I'm assuming a popcorn maker obviously would be the PC item of the venue..

perhaps it'll be a multi-venue option, movie theater and something else?

(was kinda still hoping out for CLP's love set...UNLESS they include it somehow?!?!)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,873 Member
    edited March 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Sorry to be the buzzkill here, but it's not wowing me. It may as time gets closer though and we see more. If it is a home cinema I will likely wait...at least until the next sim point sale. :roll:

If it'd been an open restaurant though I'd be all over it.

At least I'm willing to consider any store content at all now that I know that AS's snow issue is being looked at and wasn't just a money grab. Well, more than usual though, I just tend to overlook it because the stuff is usually so nice! :lol:

I admit, I was really, really hoping for a Bakery or Tea Rooms with Tea Set :)
    The Cinema has possibilities... :) I know alot of simmers have been wanting a Cinema Complex venue so this should make them very happy :D

That's true. It would open up another rabbit hole, which is never a bad thing. Just I guess other rabbit holes I'd rather see opened up first. I will get this eventually I'm sure, just likely not right away. Unless they include some really awesome objects of course. A Popcorn Machine would be nice but not enough to prompt me to buy more simpoints without some kind of sale going on. Unless of course, this venue is 275 simpoints, then I'm ALL over it right away. :lol: Yeah, not likely, but that's what I got right now lol.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    LittleKittenCatLittleKittenCat Posts: 660 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm gonna guess the simplest one... Massive TV + furniture set to go with it o.o
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    It would be cool if it came with a bar that sold theater type food. It looks like a theater venue not a home theater.

I agree michellehilbrand :)
    Plus, how wonderful would a Popcorn Machine be?! There are alot of friendly/romantic interactions that could be added to a Bucket of Popcorn :wink:

miklc you are right :) A Popcorn Machine was an option in a PC survey the Guru's ran last year :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm gonna guess the simplest one... Massive TV + furniture set to go with it o.o

Hello LittleKittenCat :) You are probably right. A set could be as good as a venue provided it came with PC items that could be used on a Community lot :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,510 Member
    edited March 2013
    I am simply amazed and very excited now. :D I've been wanting an open theater for the longest. Thank you Simguru Copeland,Tatertot and all the other store people who made this possible. :D

This will go great with the university town. I hope they code the seats so townies automously sit in them when the show starts and I hope they have an ask to join feature.

Premium content?

Soda Maker?

Popcorn Maker?

:D

That isn't all wonder if this is part of a date set and the love stuff is included on top of everything else. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Hello LittleKittenCat :) You are probably right. A set could be as good as a venue provided it came with PC items that could be used on a Community lot :D

I think this is a venue because Simguru Copeland said he was writing a blog on it. I don't think they staged this. I hope not anyway.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited March 2013
    So is it a theatre set?
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited March 2013
    Now this looks like something I'd buy. :mrgreen: We're getting popcorn with UL anyway so they've already designed it as a snack, now we just need a machine for it served by an NPC. ;)
  • Options
    somnambulist07somnambulist07 Posts: 50 Member
    edited March 2013
    Projector as premium content? I like the look of the cinema seats.
  • Options
    breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh my !! Say it is so? A movie venue and hopefully a popcorn machine for the home and maybe some movie posters for the wall.This would be great !!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I hope the soda maker will also be added. It was also mentioned in a store survey.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes!

Appears to be an open movie theater community lot. :mrgreen:

PC that I guess it may include:

-Concession stand
    -Ticket booth

March 7th is not long from now and until then, tomorrow I'll have UL to keep me occupied. :D
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2013
    We're getting popcorn in university? Awesome!
  • Options
    SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited March 2013
    I am simply amazed and very excited now. :D I've been wanting an open theater for the longest. Thank you Simguru Copeland,Tatertot and all the other store people who made this possible. :D

This will go great with the university town. I hope they code the seats so townies automously sit in them when the show starts and I hope they have an ask to join feature.

Premium content?

Soda Maker?

Popcorn Maker?

That isn't all wonder if this is part of a date set and the love stuff is included on top of everything else. :D

I can tell you will all certainty it's not the "love set".
  • Options
    RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited March 2013

Premium content?

Soda Maker?

Popcorn Maker?

Ahh good. :) The set is looking like it will be of great quality, and originality. Good job Store Team. :wink:
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Premium content?

Soda Maker?

Popcorn Maker?

Oh well I'm just glad to be getting the open theater anyway. I've been wanting one since the base game.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2013

If it were a venue, it could come with new romantic interactions like 'Movie Makeout' etc for CatLoverPlayer :lol:

I'm not so much interested in the cinema screen but thr curtains!!! :lol:

I'm making a theatre soon as a venue, I've made them before and wished for big theatre curtains...

yay!

edit: on second thoughts... they don't look so big. :?
  • Options
    edited March 2013

I doubt the seats will let sims makeout since thier single chairs.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm actually more excited for this new venue then I am universities. :D
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited March 2013
    :shock: i like what i see in the picture...home movie theatre ?? looking forward to some more sneek peeks