May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lucky Palms design challenge - now closed. Winner/s announced on page eleven!!!

Comments

• Options
    snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited June 2012
    Hi! Mr.Hawk, I'm leaving on vacation in about an hour. I won't be here to respond if needed. Great contest :D See you all next Saturday unless I can get my playbook online :roll:
  • Options
    DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm so Anxious.
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited June 2012
    ....aaaaaaand she's closed. Will be back shortly (about half an hour) with some happy news. Thank you everyone for playing!
  • Options
    bloodvioletbloodviolet Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited June 2012
    :lol: I'm getting kind of impatient to find out who's shots he liked best, there were so many good ones.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'd just like to say how difficult this one was to judge. There were so many entries that people had put so much thought into that I had a really hard time judging and called in some (wise and greatly appreciated) help.

Happily, I'd like to say the person who has won Lucky Palms is Pegasas1993.

There were so many other standouts that I've decided to expand the prize pool to the following people:

Federico
    MeaganJo
    mschumann
    bloodviolet
    snowdove58

All five of these entries were really great and each of them in their own way, so I've decided to award wishlist items of up to 1,000 SimPoints to each of you. Please take some time to rearrange your wishlists with your favourites at the top. I'll hit your wishlists tomorrow.

There were also others who had some really great pictures which, if it is ok, I would still like to use on the collection pages. As I used to do when I hosted these competitions, if I use your images and you haven't won one of the prizes, I promise to knock a little something from your wishlist, as long as there's something small on there.

If anybody doesn't want any of their pictures to be used, please let me know.

Again, it was really hard to decide. Thank you everyone who came to the party. I hope it was fun. I know I got some great design ideas from seeing how different people use the same things.

THANK YOU!!!!! *hugs to all*
  • Options
    DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    edited June 2012
    Wow I didn't even place, Oh well Congrats everyone who won
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2012
    congrats winners....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    edited June 2012
    Well done, winners!
  • Options
    Rubys13Rubys13 Posts: 2,897 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Congratulations to the winners!(:
    There were some lovely entries that i saw when flicking through(;
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Congrats Pegasas1993! I was actually pretty sure you would be the winner. :D

MrHawk, I'm really happy you liked my shots. Thank you! And of course you can use my shots on your site if you want them. :D
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2012
    Didn't Pegasas1993 got gifted by someone already ? Not sure though

EDIT: pegasas1993 (p1) *gifted by blacksheba1973* -- That's what it says in Azn's thread.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited June 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    Didn't Pegasas1993 got gifted by someone already ? Not sure though

EDIT: pegasas1993 (p1) *gifted by blacksheba1973* -- That's what it says in Azn's thread.

Yup, he gets to either:

1. Nominate an equivalent prize or
    2. Nominate someone to receive the prize

I see he has the Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer set on his wishlist. That's fairly equivalent, if he'd like that instead.

Pretty funny, though, that it might end up having no Lucky Palms prize in the Lucky Palms challenge :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2012

MrHawk, I'm really happy you liked my shots. Thank you! And of course you can use my shots on your site if you want them. :D

Congratulations bloodviolet! Let me know when your wishlist is slammable. :)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2012
    Congratz to Pegasas1993 you going to love the world and you can place so many lots here 8)

EA finally give us a large world :mrgreen:

Congrats to the other winners and thank you to the host :mrgreen:

So many talented simmers on this thread and hope some of the others win next time as all your lots are amazing and so much hard work was put into them :shock: 8)

It was fun :D

however please do not use my screenshots as there part of my request thread and on my own picture thread! thank you :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    SoupahReoSoupahReo Posts: 2,290 Member
    edited June 2012
    :mrgreen::mrgreen: Congrats winners!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

This was a great contest, I had fun doing it.

And Lucky Palms is a great world, I am currently building in it right now, it's perfect for Mid Century items.
  • Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited June 2012
    Congrats everyone. :D
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 214 Member
    edited June 2012
    Congratulations, Pegasas1993!! :thumbup:
    Your pics are definitely the best ones!!!

And THANK YOU so much, MrHawk, for your big generosity, for adding five more winners!
    You are the BEST too! :mrgreen:
    (well, I was actually sure not have chances to win, that I purchased LP on my own! :mrgreen: But I didn't expected to win something else! Hurry up, let's go to rearrange my wishlist!!)

Last but not least: congratulations to the other winners and to aaaaaaall the other, brilliant contestants!
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    MrHawk wrote:

Congratulations bloodviolet! Let me know when your wishlist is slammable. :)

:D Slam away, and again thank you! This was a very generous contest. :mrgreen:

• Options
    edited June 2012
    OK it's getting very late here now (if 2:30am can still be counted as late.

I've slammed bloodviolet's and Federico's wishlists. Will attend to the others when I wake up in the morning.

Good night all!
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2012
    MrHawk wrote:

Yup, he gets to either:

1. Nominate an equivalent prize or
    2. Nominate someone to receive the prize

I see he has the Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer set on his wishlist. That's fairly equivalent, if he'd like that instead.

Pretty funny, though, that it might end up having no Lucky Palms prize in the Lucky Palms challenge :lol:

Ups. I think I just gave myself away. Nope did not read your posts on the first page :)

Congrats to all winners.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited June 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    Happily, I'd like to say the person who has won Lucky Palms is Pegasas1993.

Really? I can't believe that I really won here. I tried to do my best, but I wasn't sure if I did everything right :oops: :mrgreen:

Aarrrgh! It's so tempting to get 'When Worlds Collide Collection' set for myself as long as there's no other way how I could win it, BUT it's a 'Lucky Palms' contest and I entered in order to win it. All this rant means that I'd like to see it sent for one of my friends. Choosing only one of them (leaving others behind) was the hardest decision to make, but I have chosen illusie who was an amazing helper all those months when I was away from the forums and she really deserves this.

Thank you for hosting this, MrHawk, and being so generous for us! I had lots of fun with re-coloring all those items and taking pictures. Hope that you'll find them really useful in your site and don't forget to keep working with it (the site) because it's a great helper to me in many cases :mrgreen:

* Feeling terrible that I can't get it for everyone (friends and participants) :oops: :oops: :oops: *
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited June 2012
    Woohoo Congratulations, Pegasas1993!!! :mrgreen: and of course everyone else! :D

Thank you so much MrHawk for this amazing contest! I didn't even know that there were going to be runner ups :oops: but I am so happy that I am one of them! :mrgreen: So of course if you want to use my photo's you are welcome to it. They were not altered in any way shape or form.

I went ahead and randomly added a bunch of stuff to my once empty wishlist for you to pick and choose from as you like. Thank you again! :thumbup:

~Meg~

• Options
    Zoey95Zoey95 Posts: 1,549 Member
    edited June 2012
    Congrats to the winners! And you may use the shots if you like.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited June 2012
    Thank you very much for hosting the contest, Mr Hawk! And congratulations to all the winners!

And of course if there's any of my screenshots that you think you could use, please do!
  • Options
    ladykikyoladykikyo Posts: 203 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Congrats to all winners and Thank you for hosting the contest, Mr Hawk!