May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lucky Palms design challenge - now closed. Winner/s announced on page eleven!!!

Comments

• Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited June 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    Guys please no mixing of store collections.

Check the links on the first post. If the item is not part of the collection and not part of an expansion (non-store) then it can't be used.

I thought it best to re-hit this since there's a few entries popping up.

They look really great but can't count since they're outside the rules :(

Sorry for bugging you but I just want to make sure I completely understand what you are saying. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In the build that I am currently doing I am using a lot of the missionary stuff but in order to submit pictures for your contest it can't have any store items but it can use anything from the stuff packs and expansion packs, is this correct?
  • Options
    SmilzPrettySmilzPretty Posts: 5,143 Member
    edited June 2012
    MrHawk wrote:

Check the links on the first post. If the item is not part of the collection and not part of an expansion (non-store) then it can't be used.

I will redo my entry when I can. I thought that's what you were saying but wasn't sure... I saved it just in case :mrgreen:
    GznnJ.gif <--- Click (right clicking doesn't count as a click)
    Acts 20:35- it IS more blessed to give than to receive
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Here is my entry, I hope I did this correctly. Thank you for hosting such a generous contest! :mrgreen:

Edit - If I happen to win I would like to give the prize to a well deserving friend. :D

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SoupahReoSoupahReo Posts: 2,290 Member
    edited June 2012
    MCLiving1resize.jpg

MCKitchen1resize.jpg

MCBed1resize.jpg

MCBath1resize.jpg

I had to redo my last picture, so I edited my last post and put all my pics in this one.

I am pretty sure there are no other store content apart from the Mid Century items, but if anyone can see any, please let me know. :mrgreen:

Edit: I was gifted Lucky Palms, so if by chance I do win I would like to nominate someone. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    edited June 2012
    My Entry is on Page 4
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited June 2012
    MCBath1resize.jpg

Amazing, yet funny too SoupahReo!

I wished my creativity was so high >.<
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited June 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    Mr Hawk I was wondering did you figure a way to mark what close works for marternaty?
    Do you need help for this still... I stoped when you said you might not *******...

Actually yes I did find out how to work them out. Anything that has the maternity setting will be marked on the site.

It's a lot easier than I thought it would be...and they're very few and far between too!

That said, some of them are set for it but don't have the mesh :( Like that Romanza dress.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    MeaganJo wrote:
    MrHawk wrote:

Sorry for bugging you but I just want to make sure I completely understand what you are saying. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In the build that I am currently doing I am using a lot of the missionary stuff but in order to submit pictures for your contest it can't have any store items but it can use anything from the stuff packs and expansion packs, is this correct?

Yup, that's right. Spot on.

The reasons for it are many people don't have access to the store, we're trying to showcase particular collections and it makes people really think about the layouts. They all look great!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Just a quick final post here today just to say you guys are blowing me away. There are so many colour schemes that I'd never think of. Fantastic.
  • Options
    mschumannmschumann Posts: 758 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm back!
    So, I may have gone in a slightly different direction for this entry, but nonetheless it contains items from the Mission set.

Screenshot-36-3.jpg
    Screenshot-38-3.jpg
    Screenshot-37-3.jpg

:P
  • Options
    ellerobbeellerobbe Posts: 563 Member
    edited June 2012
    First off, really great job, SoupahReo.

Second here is my entry for Mid Century Bed and Bath. (only two of the mid century sets I have complete so far!)

Bath:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Bed:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

I tried to keep it simple and I kept the same colors mostly as well in keeping with simplicity and showcasing the set.

Good Luck everyone. Thanks for hosting Mr. Hawk! In the off chance a miracle happens and I get the world before the contest ends and another miracle happens and I win this- I will nominate a friend to win my prize in my place. :D

EDIT: I was gifted LP by an Angel so if I win (which would be amazing given the talent I see here) I can nominate someone or if you'd rather you can gift the runner up in my place. :D
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    anettesb wrote:
    Mr Hawk I was wondering did you figure a way to mark what close works for marternaty?
    Do you need help for this still... I stoped when you said you might not *******...

Actually yes I did find out how to work them out. Anything that has the maternity setting will be marked on the site.

It's a lot easier than I thought it would be...and they're very few and far between too!

That said, some of them are set for it but don't have the mesh :( Like that Romanza dress.

glad you did figure it out.

I know about that dress... iritating...

well if you need help say so.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    AgnezawarsAgnezawars Posts: 783 Member
    edited June 2012
    Mr Hawk-I removed old photos and put new one without other store items, I hope it's ok now. I add Mission Kitchen also(page 5 ) :-)
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited June 2012
    Beautiful showroom-pictures, it's great joy to see all the different versions with layout and colour! :)
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,167 Member
    edited June 2012
    Every pic showcase looks so good! Everyone here is so creative! :mrgreen: (definitely more than me... :XD: )
  • Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited June 2012
    Ok this is really confusing me now. :lol:

We can't mix the 3 sets in the same screenshot.

We can't use any other store items/sets in the screenshot unless they're listed in your collections.

We can use any items we want that aren't in the set or in your collections as long as they're base game or came with any EP and SP.

We can recolour the sets but we don't have to.

We can't use free store items in there if they're not listed in the collection.

This is all I can think of atm. Yay/Nay?
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited June 2012
    Joolster: for easier to understand you have to create a showcase-picture about items of only one set at once - for customers, who wants to decide buy it or not.
    You don't want them to be confused which store items are on that set, so you don't use anything else from the store.
    Similar to the official store-set-pictures - but you're allowed to use all EP/SP.
    I hope it will help :)
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited June 2012
    ::squeals and flops hands around in an excited spastic attack::
    Megan and mschumann those are INCREDIBLE uses of the Mission set! I love your submissions!!! So awesome! The whole abandoned dwelling/old and worn style is my all time favorite. Very epic!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited June 2012
    imoger wrote:
    Joolster: for easier to understand you have to create a showcase-picture about items of only one set at once - for customers, who wants to decide buy it or not.
    You don't want them to be confused which store items are on that set, so you don't use anything else from the store.
    Similar to the official store-set-pictures - but you're allowed to use all EP/SP.
    I hope it will help :)

From my experience the new store sets never feature any EP/SP items apart from base game, but if SP/EP stuff is allowed here then that's great. :D
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited June 2012
    Loving this whole thread! so inspirational. I was going to try and enter but don't think I'll have the time.

Can't wait to see who wins. Such a hard choice Mr. Hawk will have.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    SoupahReoSoupahReo Posts: 2,290 Member
    edited June 2012
    AznSensei wrote:

ellerobbe wrote:

Thanks for the compliments! :mrgreen: They were fun to create, the bathroom was tricky, I had to move items several times to get them all in the same shot and then take away the fourth wall to get a picture, but I think it came out great.

I was a bit overwhelmed seeing other people's entries though, there are a lot of great pictures here.
  • Options
    ellerobbeellerobbe Posts: 563 Member
    edited June 2012
    SoupahReo wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:

ellerobbe wrote:

Thanks for the compliments! :mrgreen: They were fun to create, the bathroom was tricky, I had to move items several times to get them all in the same shot and then take away the fourth wall to get a picture, but I think it came out great.

I was a bit overwhelmed seeing other people's entries though, there are a lot of great pictures here.

haha I had to do the same thing for the bathroom! Take away the wall! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Megan and mschumann those are INCREDIBLE uses of the Mission set! I love your submissions!!! So awesome! The whole abandoned dwelling/old and worn style is my all time favorite. Very epic!

:mrgreen: :oops: I actually had to tear apart the build I am currently working on since I was already using a bunch of the mission set :) I've got to say it was really hard not using store content LOL. Thank you by the way!
  • Options
    LadyPietaLadyPieta Posts: 124 Member
    edited June 2012
    I love the Mid-Century sets! I'd like to enter my shots for the bathroom & bedroom. ~Pieta

[IMG]http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad73/ladypieta/Screenshot-10.jpg "width=800"[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad73/ladypieta/Screenshot-8.jpg "width=800"[/IMG]
  • Options
    mschumannmschumann Posts: 758 Member
    edited June 2012

:-) Thank you. I figured it would be different from everyone else's rooms. It probably won't win because it's not appealing to the eye and certainly doesn't make anyone want to go out and use the Mission set. However, it was fun to make, so I enjoyed it. Heh, and I have no clue how Sasquatch snuck into that last picture. I thought I told him to stay in his room. :roll: lol.