Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lucky Palms design challenge - now closed. Winner/s announced on page eleven!!!

MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
Hi everyone. As we all know Lucky Palms will be released later on this week.
The community has been very nice to me for quite a while and to say thank you I decided to host three giveaways this week. The first was Sweet Treats, the second was Hidden Springs and the third is this one, Lucky Palms.

To win this world you need to submit images of rooms or settings showcasing the collections listed below. Here are the rules:

* You must use the following collections: Las Vegas, Mid-Century or Mission

* You can't mix and match collections in a single image, although you don't have to stick to one collection for your entry. Feel free to submit a number of images with different collections if you have them

* You will need to submit no more than twelve images in total. Feel free to submit less.

* You can use items from the base game or any expansions to flesh out the sets if you like, as long as you remember to focus on the set you're highlighting.

* Lots won't be reviewed, just the images.

* Post your images on this thread but please keep the original sizes backed up, since the winning images will be added to the collection pages.

* No photoshop manipulation (lenses etc). Direct game images only.

*No CC

* Sims can be in your images as long as they don't overpower the pictures.

* Have fun with it. Go crazy. Enjoy yourselves.

There will only be one winner for Lucky Palms but as I did when I used to host these competitions before, often many people score little presents for their creativity.

Thank you all who want to play.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2012
    oops forgot to say this will close on Saturday morning AU time (or midnight Friday GMT). Please calculate your own local time for cutoff.

Thanks!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited June 2012
    *I will update this post with my entry later this week*

Viva Las Vegas Living:

Screenshot-2-50.jpg

Viva Las Vegas Bedroom:

Screenshot-96.jpg

I will be entering on behalf of a friend if that's okay, it will be for mattnjenn05. ^_^

Thank you for hosting this contest.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Yep that's fine. The winner can choose to accept or nominate a receiver of the prize.
  • Options
    SmilzPrettySmilzPretty Posts: 5,143 Member
    edited June 2012
    Sounds like fun... but do i have to use the whole completion set? As i only have 1 set from ea h and a few random peices of the rest of the completion set.
    GznnJ.gif <--- Click (right clicking doesn't count as a click)
    Acts 20:35- it IS more blessed to give than to receive
  • Options
    ShooterIIShooterII Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited June 2012
    Sounds interesting but I don't have las Vegas or midsentury set (I don't even know what they are). I'm still looking over the rules and will edit when I'm done with questions so don't answer yet.

So we pretty much have to make a room and take 12 pictures of it based on the compilation and making it look nice

Ps. Done with my quesiton :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    @Smilzpretty you don't need to use the whole set, just enough to showcase the stuff.

@ShooterII Yep that's right, but feel free to be creative.

Also to everyone: The mission set is the one from the base game so everybody has a chance. I chose the Mid-Century and Vegas collections because they're the best suited to the new world, but thought Mission was a good choice too. I'm working on the item list now.
  • Options
    kristenwoodskristenwoods Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited June 2012
    ill join! i got Vegas!
  • Options
    ShooterIIShooterII Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited June 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    @Smilzpretty you don't need to use the whole set, just enough to showcase the stuff.

@ShooterII Yep that's right, but feel free to be creative.

Also to everyone: The mission set is the one from the base game so everybody has a chance. I chose the Mid-Century and Vegas collections because they're the best suited to the new world, but thought Mission was a good choice too. I'm working on the item list now.

Thanks for listing the items, I don't really know what they are. You can put me down for mission though.
  • Options
    GaMomoGaMomo Posts: 298
    edited June 2012
    Thank you Mr. Hawk! I will give this a try. Quick question: Can we use CC clothing?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Sorry, no CC. I'll update the rules. Thanks for reminding me.
  • Options
    kristenwoodskristenwoods Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited June 2012
    thanks a lot for hosting! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GaMomoGaMomo Posts: 298
    edited June 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    Sorry, no CC. I'll update the rules. Thanks for reminding me.

Ok Thank You!
  • Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited June 2012
    Oh boy! I missed this kind of contests :mrgreen: I'll try to give a try :mrgreen:
  • Options
    strelitzia19strelitzia19 Posts: 7,604 Member
    edited June 2012
    Count me in... thanks for hosting :)
    lgpf7vn
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2012

I have decided to change to the modern one!

update later in the week :wink:

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Oh boy! I missed this kind of contests :mrgreen: I'll try to give a try :mrgreen:

Yup we're back!!! :-o
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,163 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'd like to try... But I only have the Mid-Century Livingroom set out of all of these sets... :XD:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    Yup we're back!!! :-o

Woop! Woop!

I was thinking if you still need showrooms for your site the other day :mrgreen: It seems that you still need those :XD:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    chenmn123 wrote:
    I'd like to try... But I only have the Mid-Century Livingroom set out of all of these sets... :XD:

Then make a living room! Or use the Mission set from the basegame. List for Mission up soon...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    chenmn123 wrote:

Then make a living room! Or use the Mission set from the basegame. List for Mission up soon...
    Okey dokey then! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Viva Las Vegas Living Room:

[img]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5312/7439193766_66e8879e73_b.jpg "width=600"[/img]

[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7251/7439193926_d6868a2fca_b.jpg "width=600"[/img]

Viva Las Vegas Bedroom:

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8002/7439194218_5f292f39e1_b.jpg "width=600"[/img]

Mid-Century Fantasy:

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8141/7439194398_c1e0c8aea8_b.jpg "width=600"[/img]

Mid-Century Modern Kitchen Marvels:

[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7112/7439193534_f90062e89f_b.jpg "width=600"[/img]

I tried to create showrooms without mixing sets at all. I couldn't give a shot with 'When Worlds Collide Collection' because I don't own it at all. To be honest, I feel out of creativity now. I tried to do my best, but I don't see any miracles here... :roll: I'll try to update my entry post with better quality pictures :)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,558 Member
    edited June 2012
    EDIT: Having considered this again, I don't think I like the look of the world enough to buy it so it would be a waste for anyone to gift it me. I'm sure I wouldn't win anyway as there are much better entries than mine, but please don't consider me for the world prize. You are welcome to use my pics if you are mad enough to like them lol, but I am withdrawing from the prize contest.

Mid Century Bathroom:

MidCenturyBathroom.jpg

Mid Century Fantasy:

MidCenturyFantasy.jpg
  • Options
    Kryst51Kryst51 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited June 2012
    Oooh! You are SOOOO generous MrHawk! I am bookmarking this and hopefully I will have time to enter. :D I love you website btw, and often use it as a reference. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm working on my Mid-Centruy Fantasy living room at the moment, I'm having a lot of fun but my game is being weird... (as always) :XD:
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm working on something with the Mission sets - but there's quite a lot of Mission to fit into one setting... :)

Is it OK to submit several settings with different items from the same set?