Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aaroc & Pinstar legacy scoresheets - updated through Ambitions

Several people have asked for ways to keep track of their legacy scores. I have uploaded excel scoresheets that I use in the past, but today I have made the simplest one-page trackers that require just an "x" in most blocks or a number. The excel program does all the math (totalling several columns) for you.

Here's a picture of the simple one for Pinstar's legacy challenge. The new Pinstar Ambitions Scoresheet looks like this:

PinstarScoreSheet-1.jpg

Download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ad8c97y83h0ivwd/newPinstarScoreAmbEP.xls

It has two more rows per generation if you get this version:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bwbrs75dp7lj39x/newPinstarScoreAmbEP-8Sims.xls

And there is a black and white version for printing here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s7hgn35y9wa02qz/newPinstarScoreAmbEP-PrintVersion.xls

Here's a pic of the more complicated Aaroc legacy challenge scorecard. Now it's updated for Ambitions as well:
AarocEP2-1.jpg

Here's where you can download it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lj41v2z5vlf

The black and white print version is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?oymj1nj3znl

You can choose to type in the name of the Sim who accomplished a certain LTW or simple place an "x" in the box. The program will track how many LTWs were achieved whichever way you chose.

I saved the excel spreadsheet as a 97-2003 version so those with other versions can use it as well. The OpenOffice freeware can also open this.

Abbreviations are as follows:

just "x" the following:
heir = select only one heir per generation
perf = perfect upbringing (learned all skills, got As in school, made it to the top of a teen job)
bad = bad seed (never able to select one trait)
pic = portrait as young adult or older
job = made it to the top of a full-time career field

these require a number in the field to tract any extras:
asp = aspiration points (put in 1 for 100,000 or 2 for 200,000 on normal life span)
skill = skills maxed and challenges completed (again put in the number value awarded)

Comments

• Options
    RileyRiot2010RileyRiot2010 Posts: 166
    edited April 2010
    I like it :thumbup:
  • Options
    ShiroferettoShiroferetto Posts: 6
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for posting those, Ciane! Excellent spreadsheets. I haven't read the rules for the more complicated challenge... Have been keeping track of things in hard copy in a notebook. I think I'll continue to do that, since it makes it easier to transfer the details into the spreadsheet later.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited April 2010
    This scoresheet is designed to keep you from having to do anything other than x a block. As it counts anything in the block, you can also track who completed which LTW by filling in a name rather than just x. Anyway, I'm glad some of you can use it.
  • Options
    BloodNBiteMarksBloodNBiteMarks Posts: 233 Member
    edited May 2010
    I can't figure that chart out. I can only look at it at school btw. How can I download it onto my home computer.

Also, how does the chart work? It looks so confusing!

A person's name dosn't have to be matched up with the LTW does it?

Also, where is says Gen 1, 2, 3, 4 all down the collum, are we supposed to delete those and punch in the gen of the person or are we supposed to keep the names withihn those highlighted boxes?

Also, no one answered, are there any spesific rules you have to follow when you have World Adventures?

Thanks in advance

EDIT:
    I noticed that you chart is slightly different from the downloadable version. Why?
  • Options
    Elilie101Elilie101 Posts: 1,367 New Member
    edited May 2010
    BloodNBiteMarks I think where it says Gen.1 etc is totally separate from the LTWs.

BTW I think thi looks really useful and I'm bookmarking it so I can link it for people who want it, okay?
  • Options
    amywelshcastleamywelshcastle Posts: 344
    edited May 2010
    Oh wow! Thanks for sharing :] It took me a little while to understand it completely, but it's really very useful. I originally wasn't going to keep track of my points because I wasn't sure how to effectively, but this is perfect!

Thank you :D
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    BnBMarks - There are two charts as the first one is just Pinstar's normal legacy with the LTWs for WA added. You can just follow the pre-WA rules and add a point for each WA LTW that is achieved as well.

The second chart is for a legacy challenge based on Pinstar's legacy with some modifications or additions to the rules that allow for more points overall and use more of the game challenges. (It adds rules for WA, but can be played with or without that EP.)

The LTWs in left-most column are to keep track of achieving all the unique LTWs as you can only get a point for achieving that LTW once in the legacy. It tabulates points when anything is put in the field next to it, so you can put in an "x" to show it was completed, place a number there to show how many times it was completed (though it will only be counted once), or type in the name or nickname of the Sim who completed it and/or the generation it was completed. It's very flexible.

The column with the numbers is set up already for each generation, though you might need to adjust them if you have more Sims earning points for you. Just type the name of the Sim on the line following its cooresponding generation number. Every time a point is earned, put an "x" or something in the appropriate field and the info will be added up for you (if you have excel).

If you don't have excel, you can print this form and fill it in for yourself.

I did have a chart that I used for myself before I created these easier versions, which I now use. If you want that older version, click on "Kleptos" in my siggie and chose "scoresheet" from the table of contents. It'll have the link for the older version there.

I hope I answered all your questions okay. If not, just ask again.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I just thought I'd give an example of how it looks filled in. I'm on the eighth generation now.

Ascoresheet-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I added a black and white print version in the first post.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I added the LTWs for the Ambition's EP now too. Find the one with EP in the title. (The text is in bold writing.)
  • Options
    mercifullynewmercifullynew Posts: 103 Member
    edited June 2010
    This is amazing! Thank you!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I just added the jobs for Ambitions. So you can use this spreadsheet to track those as well. (Aaroc hasn't updated his rules yet, but I'll add anything new when he does.)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I tweaked the Ambitions form and redid the calculations. Everything should work better now.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I just wanted to thank MimiAdama for the gift. I hope you see my thank you and know how unexpectedly happy the thought that someone would would gift me a present made me. I had only created a wishlist in anticipation of more sim points with the new EP, so this was a very pleasant surprise.
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    edited July 2010
    Ciane,

I can't thank you enough for all the time and energy you have put into creating this spreadsheet. You are truly a Sims lover!

I am having a problem with the basic sheet that has LTW added through Ambitions. The header for the LTW column has a "0". When I put an x in this column, it doesn't update LTW total or the the point total. Am I missing something?

Thanks again for all your hard work!
  • Options
    unclesparksunclesparks Posts: 9
    edited July 2010
    Rienne,

Both LTW columns in the Pinstar version use SUM(cell numbers) to count the total points, which means you'd have to put "1" in the cell instead of "X." Just change SUM to COUNTA (IE "COUNTA(N2:N17)" for the WA & AM column) and you should be fine.
  • Options
    sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    edited August 2010
    I have a ?? On the spreadsheet , cells F-L lol what am I missing? I"m new to this and need to get my sheet correct and up to date.
  • Options
    puffin87puffin87 Posts: 57
    edited August 2010
    This is amazing! Thank you so much for creating and sharing this. This will be so helpful! :)
  • Options
    AlisonClaireAlisonClaire Posts: 13 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Thanks so much for taking the time to make these!

Quick question though -- on the more complex spreadsheets, can you explain what the various abbreviations at the top mean? Perf, bad, etc. I have looked over aaroc's rules and cannot figure out what these things refer to. I love spreadsheets and really want to use yours, but I'm not sure how exactly to do so.

Thanks again!

Actually, I've figured a couple out -- Perf = perfect upbringing, bad = bad seed, pic = portrait... Still unsure about 'asp' though. I assume 'skill' = completed skills and all the challenges? Sorry, just wanted to be sure.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oops, I haven't checked this thread in awhile. I thought I had a legend with what all the abbreviations meant, but I might have deleted that when I added all the new Ambitions things. Asp is aspiration points. So, after getting 100,000 aspiration points on normal play, you'd put in a 1. This allows those playing different time lengths to easily adjust their scores and it lets you change it to a 2 if you get 200,000 aspiration points.

Yes, skill works the same way. Every time you complete all the challenges for a maxed skill, you'll update the number. Use .5 for maxing a skill, then change to 1 when the challenges for that skill are complete, and so on.

All other columns should work with just a mark in the column (name, abbreviation, or x) except the extra points for Aaroc's legacy challenge where you fill in the number of points you get depending on the life span you play.

I think I fixed the other problems with the columns earlier, but I'll double check them again. (The new Pinstar scoresheet will be up soon.)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The new Pinstar Ambitions Scoresheet looks like this:

PinstarScoreSheet-1.jpg

Download it here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ad8c97y83h0ivwd/newPinstarScoreAmbEP.xls

It has two more rows per generation if you get this version:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/bwbrs75dp7lj39x/newPinstarScoreAmbEP-8Sims.xls

And there is a black and white version for printing here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/s7hgn35y9wa02qz/newPinstarScoreAmbEP-PrintVersion.xls
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I am having a problem with the basic sheet that has LTW added through Ambitions. The header for the LTW column has a "0". When I put an x in this column, it doesn't update LTW total or the the point total. Am I missing something?

That is the automatic totaller. You won't change the total amount. You put an x in each individual field (LTW, heir, pic, and aspirations) as it's achieved and the spreadsheet will change the total number as soon as you hit enter.

And, I do apologize for not checking here sooner.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Annadenise wrote:
    I have a ?? On the spreadsheet , cells F-L lol what am I missing? I"m new to this and need to get my sheet correct and up to date.

Hopefully, the additional info added in the first post will solve the problem. Try redownloading the spreadsheet (as so might have entered and deleted data that may have changed the formulas). Keep a copy of the original spreadsheet and use save as to create a new one to fill in.

The columns just need an x when they are fulfilled, except for aspiration points and skills (as you can get an additional point for getting 100,000 more aspiration points and maxing (and completing the associated challenges) other skills.

Hopefully, this helps and isn't too late. (Again, I'm sorry I didn't check this thread earlier.)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    This might be a great place to say thanks to SimplyZombie for a gift on World Zombie Day too.
  • Options
    MuttNPPMuttNPP Posts: 30 New Member
    edited November 2010
    ciane,

Thanks so much for the score cards.