Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone been able to make Create A World work with the new EA App? Update 3/19/2024

Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
edited February 19 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
I heard that there is a new EA App that is replacing Origin, and I also heard that people who switched over can't get CAW to work anymore. Does anyone who has the new EA App have the Sims 3 and CAW installed and is able to use CAW with the new app? If so, how?

Update 3/19/2024

I should have posted this here much early, but I somehow forgot that I created this thread. Turns out some people are getting it to work
https://www.tumblr.com/damienf519/724840433017061376/create-a-world-now-with-the-ea-app-im-stunned?source=share
Post edited by Damienf519 on

Comments

• Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited February 2023
    @Damienf519 I've been lurking the EA Sims 3 forums (EA Answers HQ) where people are complaining about this issue, and sadly, I don't think there has been a solution yet; otherwise, they would have posted. The only solution I am seeing for now is to keep using Origin and trick the game into using that when using CAW instead of EA App. If you'd like to keep up to date, you might want to lurk at the boards like I've been doing. In any case, if the issue is fixed, I'll post an update. I'm currently using Origin, but I have no idea how long I'll be able to keep at it.
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Thanks @ts1depot. I'm sorry to hear that. Looks like I better backup Origin before uninstalling and reformatting my hard drive than. Knowing EA and how they treat their older titles, it's possible they will never fix it
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    EA, if you're going to insist on making everyone switch to the EA App eventually, please just update CAW so that it works with the EA App and we don't have to either use the Steam version or not at all. I don't want to have to stop building worlds. I really enjoy it and I'm far from the only one. People who play the Sims 3 love custom worlds
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    I posted a thread at EA HQ about this, when I learned today that the hack for Steam stopped working around November of last year.

It's beginning to look more and more like a killswitch. If it is, that is insane. People literally spent money to not only build but play custom worlds. Literally, I wouldn't have bought Showtime or Island Paradise if I hadn't learned how to build my own worlds. I think a lot of players who played custom worlds were the same way, were encouraged to keep buying additional content to play custom worlds. For instance, many of them would've quit Sims 3 after IP indefinitely had world builders not provided island worlds that didn't suffer the lag of Isla Paradiso.

I'm hoping that this is just an oversight, but if it was "decided" to kill off CAW, I hope that people understand that this is anti-consumer and that it serves EA nothing to alienate the Sims 3 player base. Many of us went back to TS3 because TS4 started off great and then began taking the "sand" out of the "sandbox" and alienating older players by making things happen against their will for the sake of realism (like making female sims develop buddha bellies and gain weight after giving birth). I literally quit TS4 after that laundry SP, because I knew that's when the entire thing was going south and had become an embarrassing and in some cases creepy "real life simulator".

So, if TS3 and CAW are being tampered with to discourage us into moving onto TS4, just know that we won't. I can't speak for everyone but I can speak for myself. Some of us go all the way back to TS1, when it was a sandbox game and not a life simulator. TS2 and TS3 carried that tradition. TS4 was going great for awhile (I absolutely adored it, especially the character designs), but then it seemed to become some creepy real life simulator for awkward GenZs and Millennials trying to use this game to experience real life or deal with image and body issues.

The point is, do not kill CAW or TS3. You will be alienating a much larger portion of the Sims player base than you suspect. The fact that social media is heavily dominated by GenZs and Millennials squealing over every TS4 update doesn't mean that TS3 is dead as a game. It just means that because TS4 is trending, you can make the most money right now being a social media influencer on YouTube, Patreon and other venues than you can TS3, TS2 or the original game.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    @Damienf519 Backing up and reinstalling Origin doesn't work anymore, as of this week. I posted a rant in EA HQ about it. Hopefully, someone will listen.

ETA: Download an earlier version of Origin here: https://origin.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions. Just make sure to not update it, or what'll happen is that you'll be forced to upgrade to EA App.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    @ts1depot Than I'm going to have to shut off automatic updates for Origin and back up every file necessary to make the current version of Origin work, and I will not buy any new products from EA until the make CAW work with the new EA App. I will give EA the benefit of the doubt, but that said, even if this is not intentional, it is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned
  • Options
    @ts1depot
    Thanks. I might need the current version of Origin through in order for the current version of CAW to work with all of my Sims 3 packs. I already shut off automatic updates for Origin and for the games, and the only game I have installed at the moment that uses Origin is the Sims 3 and CAW so for the moment I should be safe.

Thanks for the link through
  • Options
    @Damienf519 Okay, but just know that if at some point you get forced to switch, you can always try to revert to an older version of Origin. And I agree with you that even if they plan on fixing this, it is unacceptable, because it's the official and not the beta release of EA App. If this was beta, this would be forgivable, but this is a whole other kettle of fish.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Kat41Kat41 Posts: 6 New Member
    AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE THE EA APP??? I CAN'T GET MY SIMS 3 OR ANY OTHER SIMS GAMES WORKING BESIDES SIMS 4!!!! IF I CAN'T PLAY LIKE I USED TO WITH BOTH THEN I WON'T BE BUYING ANY MORE SIMS 4 PACKS UNTIL MY GAMES WORK LIKE THEY DID IN ORIGIN!!!!
  • Options
    AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG OR IS THERE SOMETHING I HAVE TO CHANGE TO GET THEM TO WORK AGAIN? I MISS PLAYING BOTH GAMES THAT I HAVE BUILT UP FOR YEARS! BEING """FORCED""" TO CHANGE PLATFORMS INSTEAD OF BEING ABLE TO CHOOSE SUCKS AND I WILL FIGHT UNTIL I GET THEM TO WORK AGAIN! i REFUSE TO BUY ANYMORE SIMS PACKS UNTIL MY GAMEPLAY IS RETURNED AS IT DID IN ORIGIN! ORIGIN MAY HAVE BEEN A BIT SLOW BUT AT LEAST IT RAN ALL MY GAMES AND ALL I HAD DOWNLOADED!
  • Options
    I AM TOTALLY WITH YOU ts1depot!!! MY FEELINGS EXACTLY!! I HAVE PLAYED A LONG TIME WITH SIMS 3 AND HAVE EVERY EXPANSION AVAILABLE AND SINCE THIS EA APP TAKE OVER I DON'T CARE FOR THE SWITCH OR THE FORCE THEY USED TO GET US TO USE IT JUST TO RUN OUR GAMES. I LOVE 3 MORE THAN 4 BECAUSE IT IS MORE ADVANCED IN WORLDS, CONTROLS ETC. I WAS NERVOUS WHEN DOWNLOADING THE EA APP AFTER WHAT A REVIEW HAD MENTIONED EARLIER ABOUT THEIR GAMES FAILING TO RUN OR MISSING CONTENT! THIS APP SUCKS FOR ME, BUT I HOPE THIS WASN'T INTENTIONAL EITHER AND I WILL BE TRYING TO GET BOTH MY GAMES WORKING. I NOTICED THEY ARE EVEN PREVENTING THE SIMS MEDIEVAL, AND PIRATES AND NOBELS WON'T EVEN WORK ANYMORE BECAUSE OF THE CHANGE... I HOPE THEY LISTEN AND RETURN OUR GAMES TO US!!!
  • Options
    i SAY IF THEY WANT US TO STOP PLAYING OUR SIMS 3 AND OTHERS BESIDES 4, THEN THEY SHOULD REIMBURSE EVERYONE THEIR MONEY FOR THE GAMES AND EXPANSIONS WE CAN'T PLAY NOW!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    @Kat41,
    Kat41 wrote: »
    i SAY IF THEY WANT US TO STOP PLAYING OUR SIMS 3 AND OTHERS BESIDES 4, THEN THEY SHOULD REIMBURSE EVERYONE THEIR MONEY FOR THE GAMES AND EXPANSIONS WE CAN'T PLAY NOW!!!

The New EA App does not cause any problems with the Sims 3 in general outside of CAW as far as I know, so thankfully that won't be an issue at least. It’s possible, but I doubt that EA is trying to force people to stop playing the Sims 3, they probably just don't care about it anymore because they see it as just a legacy title.
  • Options
    I AM SEEING ALOT OF PEOPLE SAYING THEY CAN'T PLAY IT. DO YOU OWN THE SIMS 3 PACKS?
  • Options
    I DID'T BUY MINE ON STEAM BUT ON THE DISCS
  • Options
    Well I'm sorry to hear that @Kat41. I know for a fact that people can still play the Sims 3 on the new EA App. You should be able to EA technical support and they should be able to help you make everything involving the Sims 3 work with the new app, minus Create A World. Even that through I suspect at some point someone will make a mod to make that work with the App, if EA doesn't, but still don't count on it
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2023
    Can't Sims 3 be installed on Disk without the App?

I know I blocked Origin from the internet so it wouldn't update to the App. I played a lot of TS2 UC and don't want to lose it.

TS3 still plays fine for me. I have it installed by disk but never updated to 1.69 (or whichever before the locking it into Origin) - which you shouldn't have to do unless your game is downloaded from Origin.
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    @Rfong7

Unfortunately even through I turned off automatic updates, and this still happened. https://at.tumblr.com/damienf519/why-ea/dx7r2lnp2pmh

In the meantime, I read somewhere that there is a way to tell Origin no, I don't want to update and continue using Origin, but I have to edit a file to fix it, and so far it won't let me do that

Also Create A World requires Origin to function properly
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Dearest @EA_Cade ,

you are always so kind and considerate to give us super fast responses and updates to problems we are encountering that I am now asking for your personal help yet again.

The new EA App has caused quite a lot of ups and downs especially for us gamers who love TS3 and thankfully most issues have been solved in an amicable and efficient way.
    But I'm afraid we creators in the CAW corner have encountered one for us extremely important and at the moment unsolvable problem that is leaving many of us very disappointed.

The Create a World program is working fine but due to the new EA app the Edit In Game mode is not responding any longer. If you click on EIG the app greets you with the message 'The Sims 3 is already running. Go ahead and start playing. It's a good one!' or just redirects straight to the launcher which means the game will open as normal but not in CAW like it used to do with Origin.
    Changes to a world in progress and adding builds in CAW is now impossible. This obviously makes the usually fun world building experience very frustrating :'(

I am sure the developers of the app have been approached via the EA Help Center but even though I have tried to check for answers I did not come across anything official to say 'the issue is being looked at'; not even a 'tough luck we can't do anything about it'.

You and the team have probably enough to do but would it be possible for you to check if this matter has been addressed already please.
    It would be great if you could find out for us if we can expect a fix sometime down the line even if it is not imminent or whether we need to try to find other ways to approach creating and sharing our worlds.

Keeping fingers crossed there is a workable solution as it would be such a disappointment for many if we have to give up building worlds.

Your prompt attention will be most appreciated. Thank you ever so much :)

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Heya,

I actually responded on this issue yesterday in a different thread here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Thanks @EA_Cade. Its nice to know at least some people at EA care about this issue
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Thank you @Damienf519

We absolutely care about our older titles and their fans. We're doing everything feasible to make sure everything that worked on Origin, works on EA app as well.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Thank you very much for linking to your reply @EA_Cade.
    At least now I know that that the issue is being looked at even though we may not like the final answer.

• Options
    edited March 2023
    You're Welcome @EA_Cade! Glad you're trying your best

I posted a response to you on the other thread. I'm hoping if you can't make it work with the new App, you can at least give us the option not to switch over without hassle. I appreciate everything you're doing, but Its not okay to force people to make the change so long as they have any good reason that they might not want to.
  • Options
    MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Thank you @Damienf519

We absolutely care about our older titles and their fans. We're doing everything feasible to make sure everything that worked on Origin, works on EA app as well.

Is there any timeline available as to when you will get Create A World working again. A lot of us Sims 3 devotees are waiting. I just replaced my computer and I want to get my Sims 3 custom world back again (it needed work, a lot actually before finishing, but is functional).