Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what do your sims look like

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    What’s the story?
    cyncie wrote: »
    Right now, I’m playing mostly premade supernaturals with only minimal changes. So they look like Morgyn, Nalani, Guidry, Vlad, etc. Oberon Lazuli (my avatar) is original, and was designed with a specific role in the story and a personality type to match. I had a general idea of what I wanted him to look like and played around in CAS until the result matched my idea. That’s how I usually design my sims. They’re story characters first, with a general idea about appearance that is refined in CAS.

Hey! Thanks for asking. I approach the game as a sort of story generator, where my imagination + the game create a story together. Small snippets can be found in the “What Happened in Your Game Today, Nonserial Version” Thread. More developed stories are in the Creative section under “Tales From the Myst.” The direct link is in my signature.
  • Options
    MikeymikedeluxeMikeymikedeluxe Posts: 43 Member
    > @FatTribble23 said:
    > I only play one sim based on a real person, and that's my simself. It's less ego (I promise!) and more that I want to give her/myself the happier life I wasn't able to have. Very rarely does anything bad happen to my simself or her family up until death. Oddly I don't have a problem with her dying in game, maybe because of my age I've made peace with death. Not that I'm ready to go quite yet, mind you! But I try to be sanguine about it.
    >
    > As for all my other sims, I never play premades but I keep them around for background color. Made over, of course. I rarely change their genetics, but they get new hair and wardrobes, makeup etc. Except for Christie Sigworth. That poor child grows up to look ... strange. Very, very strange. I have a base save that I created to start new games. All the premades are madeover and all the awful EA buildings replaced with builds from the gallery. I rarely download sims from the gallery though because I do enjoy creating them myself. My games are about 2/3 premades and 1/3 my own sims. They aren't based on real people except for one of my favorite actor who doesn't remotely look like the real thing LOL. I just go in and play around in CAS until I have something that pleases my eye.

Ha! I do this too. I create a happy childhood and early teen years that I never had. And I can’t bring myself to play a game where anything bad happens. I’m an older player too. I’ve only been playing Sims for a couple of years and enjoy building more than creating sims. I have made a large library of mostly favourite TV and book characters though that I enjoy playing in my own made up scenarios. Sometimes I pull a premade into a story if it feels right.

My most played scenario is a big family with lots of siblings because I was an only child and never got to experience that.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    The only TS4 Sims I've made based on real people are my Simself, Hubby's Simself and Adam Lambert. I also have a Lucifer Morningstar (Tom Ellis) Sim from the TV show, but I did not make him myself, only tweaked him a bit. I only played my Simself and Hubby for the WooHoo Weekend Maxis Valentine's Day Challenge years ago and sent them on a mini vacation to Granite Falls. I used my Simself for a CAS contest once afterward and that's it.

I have a couple other Simmers' Simselves in my game too, but I don't play with them. They are just in the background. My Sims have become friends with them though.

In TS1 I made my Simself and Ted Nugent. I did play with those Sims quite a bit back then. I also had a Sim based on my sister for a short while. She had angered me back then for some reason, can't remember what. I only made her to torture her. o.O However, I felt so bad about doing it, I ended up not sentencing her to swim in a pool without ladders as intended for her demise. Instead, I gave her a partner and a cushy life then never played with her again.

The majority of my Sims are made from hitting the randomize button a few times until I get a base I like and then modifying them so much they don't look a thing like the original. I usually have a basic idea what I want them to look like based on their backstory or the challenge I intend to play with them, but sometimes it changes as I'm creating them. None of them have ever been based on friends, family or celebrities.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,124 Member
    I never create sims based on anyone I know--instead, I usually have a vision in my head of what I want them to look like before I start. Most of the time that vision is influenced by what their role will be in the game.
  • Options
    LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    I always start with a Sim created in CAS where I start with a base that I like, and then switch up all the details to create someone unique. Once they are out into the world, though, and it's time to start a family, they always have to seek out premades/townies to find their partner. I try to avoid the premades, at least the more famous ones, because I like playing my own stories, but I've probably married one or two of them before without realizing it.

I don't create Sims based off of real people. I play with aging on, so it isn't a good idea.
    I did recreate one of my dogs and put her into the world with a random Sim. And then I realized that puppy in-game would die, while real-life puppy would probably be snoozing in my lap at the same time. And then in-game puppy would come back as a ghost... I had to delete the whole save. So nothing will ever be based on real life again.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited September 2022
    I created two sims to start with the honeymoon scenario. I made a blonde female with glasses who looked a bit serious but nice, and a dark haired handsome guy who was kinda Latino - Selvadoran! They had a child, and he also had two children with one of the townies.

I go in and fix the children’s clothes and anything I really don’t like such as hair or one of the kids had awful eyebrows. I made quite a few adjustments on the teenage daughter to make her look younger than she naturally did. But I’m trying to let the game generate as much as it can.

I really like CAS and will hopefully make a lot of very varied looking sims to keep my towns populated. But as I said, I’m more than happy if the game itself generates interesting sims and will use them.
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I usually create "random" characters, just generating a random sim and changing things based on the image I associate with the character. If I find myself creating sims that look too similar or I have no specific idea of features I want for a sim, instead of using photos, which I can never imitate to a satisfying level, I'll pull up stylized character art from rpg books I have at home (from a game dev that is known for having very diverse characters) for inspiration.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    A huge majority of my Sims are based off video game characters, good portion happen to be played by real people, though pretty much all of them are male, at least on TS4 due to the lack of CC for women that would allow me to create other characters I wanted to include.

Suppose my neighbourhoods look like a total siesta of mid 2000s hip-hop and cosplayers

And my witches have big pointy hats. Always.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

I’m all over the place. When the CAS demo was released, pre-game, I did try to make some TV characters/famous people. About the best I managed was Eric Balfour from Haven…

Sgo8oxz.jpg

Then I started making ‘pretty’ sims but they all started looking alike to me - a bunch of Barbie and Ken dolls. Now when I need a new character, I pretty much always choose a homeless townie and just give them a makeover and I’ve been getting better variety that way. I’ve also been trying to make very quirky looking sims because I find those unusual features much more beautiful, actually, than my old ‘Barbie and Ken’-looking sims. 🙂

sBZdcRz.jpg

I do like playing with genetics, too, though. I made my grandparents and just couldn’t capture my grandfather’s likeness AT ALL. But when I made a son using their genetics, it was a dead ringer for my dad, so not a total fail!
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    I like adopting random townies too @simsinmysleep :) And making over the clothes. Sometimes hair. Maybe makeup, MAYBE. (I find CAS boring)
    The quirky results are fun. Your guitarist is beautiful.
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

@mightysprite , yes, same! Just a fashion makeover, no ‘plastic surgery’ because I don’t trust myself to stop before they start looking like every other sim I’ve ever made. 😄

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    ReneHollyDesignsReneHollyDesigns Posts: 27 Member
    I did make my family once in Sims 2 was it? My husband and I had allowed by in-laws to use an apartment we had in the basement. They were so much trouble always causing arguments and problems and didn't like to pitch in for the house bills (gas, Hydro, internet or phone). So I made them in the sims in our house and had them all try to get along. A skunk showed up on the lot and my brother in-law in the game went to pet it. He got sprayed and I laughed so hard I'm sure they wondered what was up! Wasn't real life but it sure was fun ♥♥
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

"What do my sims look like?" Tough question. Tough question.

Here’s what I usually ask myself:

What DON’T my sims look like?

Well, for starters, my sims DON’T look as good as me, except for my simself. He’s pretty close, although there’s always room for improvement.

Jokes aside - although I was almost being serious if not utterly serious- my game is purely fictional, thank goodness I can keep my family and friends out of this one for a change. I love 'em, but they're already everywhere.

I'm very much into adventure style madness with a splash of supernatural and a sprinkle of ramshackle spookiness. Somewhere amidst all that chaos live my beloved creations: there's beauty in abundance with realms full of vampire princesses and dapper wereknights, but really most of my sims are beardy auld smelly hermits on the brink of extinction. Just like meself.

They all dwell in floating castles, spaceships or dilapidated shacks deep in the woods with their strange pets and their tasty chickens and all their unfulfilled dreams and aspirations and their childish fears and their blobs of clay.

I was going to share all those sims right here today.

but...

Along came Chucky* and the little monster ruined it all. 😒

Chucky.png

*my image host is giving me an absolute disaster of a time and won't let me access my old sims folder so I created a Chucky out of pure despair. Sorry about that.

• Options
    Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    What do my Sims look like?
    Most of my sims are downloaded ones from the gallery but not all. I have regular sims though they look very beautiful, gnomes with big ears, fairies, and fantasy sims. I also have a save that is based on Middle Earth and hobbits so all the houses are hobbit houses and I have a few sims that are from the Lord Of The Rings movies. So my saves are all a bit eclectic. I play sims to escape real life so all my simmies are rich and beautiful unlike myself. Lol!
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited September 2022
    They're inspired by neighbours, people I know, sometimes even family or fictional characters I like. I pick up different traits I find interesting, and mix them together, as it depends on the look I want to go for them as well. Once I get the basic idea for a character, I get into their story and shape the character's details. I enjoy playing with genetics, and, for example, if I create a sim who has an special relationship with their grandparents I might go for certain eye color or certain trait that repeats inside the family to portrait that bond. That is something I do a lot. ♥ I had this married couple have several children, and all the kids had the dad's eyes, as his adventurous personality, the last baby girl was a little bit more shy than her siblings, and story wise, she was really sensitive, so I changed her eye's color to resemble more to her mom's, light blue eyes, because her mother was also an artist and a very sensitive soul. The color also had a meaning. I like to play with little details like that and usually my characters have a lot of story behind them ! They usually look like normal people tho, with particular details, you can say.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I used to try to create my sims to look like people I know, then I realized I have Zero talent for that, so now I just push and pull those features around til I get something I can live with. Totally random. I pick the skin, hair, and eye color that I feel fits best with the features I've chosen. Same with clothing. I choose the ones I feel like someone with that coloring, size, shape, etc...would wear.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.