Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what do your sims look like

Do you try to make them look like yourselves or family or Friends?
Or are they mostly random looks with just the hair colour the same or one trait that is similar to people that you know
or totally random looks?

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited September 2022
    Right now, I’m playing mostly premade supernaturals with only minimal changes. So they look like Morgyn, Nalani, Guidry, Vlad, etc. Oberon Lazuli (my avatar) is original, and was designed with a specific role in the story and a personality type to match. I had a general idea of what I wanted him to look like and played around in CAS until the result matched my idea. That’s how I usually design my sims. They’re story characters first, with a general idea about appearance that is refined in CAS.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Hi @ranulhh
    My current sims are either premades, children of premades, or aliens. So none of them are made in honor of real life people that I know :)
    But with their hair and clothes I often take inspiration from styles I'm familiar with in real life. Sometimes it's an individual's style, like what would this person I know in real life wear to a formal occasion, that kind of thing.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,641 Member
    I pretty much cover the range of options. I use premades (many customized as they age), OC Sims who are drawn entirely from my imagination, other OC Sims who are loosely based on myself or people I know (I think I have three radically different versions of "me" roaming around my current save) and the game generated children of Sims. I'm currently going through a wild CAS phase, updating and modifying the random townies my game as generated.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    LnQLU0DI_t.png my superstar is about have another baby girl name Jeanna.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    It's a huge mix. Catalog models, stock photos, and a few TV characters. Also, many are based on equestrian athletes, something I did when the rumors of the first horse pack started circulating. Also, most of the individuals from the stock photos ended up being members of college rodeo teams, and were also ranchers/wranglers; and not models.

Many are Gallery Sims just added so MCCC would have more Sims to pick from the tray instead of generating Townies.

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2022
    I usually play premades these days
    so they just kinda look like themselves
    but with slightly better makeup hair and clothing

well in my opinion anyway

i do have sinself...
    i mean simself*
    i sometimes mess with

she wears mostly things i could see myself wearing/are similar to clothes i own but also few silly outfits i like but would not be practical to wear irl

i do think that cats and dogs hairstyle is essential part of my simself though so i don't really give it to other sims it just feels like my wig got snatched

and yeah i give her similar traits to me
    she doesn't always act like i would though because she uses sim logic

when i make sim of my own thats not simself or premade i just try to match looks with character/role i had in mind or pick something that suits the sim

I don't really make sims based on other real people than myself though at least not intentionally

sometimes the kiddos of my sims or premades look vaguely similar to some celeb and i just run with it though :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Most of the Sims I make are based on franchises.
    For example, they would include Frozen, Harry Potter, etc.
    Other times I just have an idea, and base a Sim off of that. Like if I want a male with black and and green eyes, I go with that and wing it.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member
    I don't try to make sims that look like anybody I know, or even anybody in particular. I don't have the skills and it doesn't really feel right to me. My sims are their own 'people'. As far as looks, I never plan how they'll look physically. Their look happens free style. It evolves as I sit there and ask myself questions about them, or ask questions and answer how I think they would if they were real and there with me. I will at times have a particular fashion aesthetic in mind when I start, but that's as much planning ahead as I do.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I base them off of people irl or characters in various media!
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited September 2022
    Some (very few) of my Sims are based on characters from a couple of TV shows. I have one Sim based on a great friend of mine who lives about 100km away, and that particular sim is living his best life within the constraints of the game.
    Often I will design a host of Sims around a theme - Viking brothers, dancers, what have you. As such they will have broad guidelines but they're not as restrictive as copying a specific TV character.

Oh, I am still trying to perfect the Marx Brothers, but that's an ongoing project. I'm just focusing on Groucho, Chico and Harpo. Zeppo and Gummo might appear sometime later.

There was a meme pic of male vs female sims portrayed as toys which sort of summed up the appearances for me:
    Female sims looked like a kind of doll - bratz?
    Male sims looked like lego men.
    Post edited by StuffyMarx on
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    My sims are not based on people I know at all. They're all just different kind of characters that I've came up with. I wouldn't call them random though because I often have an idea what type of character I'm making and I'm following that idea.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    They are not based on real people, they are either sims that I created when I played a certain pack or sims that I just designed to my personal taste when creating random sims in CAS. I get inspirations from looking at what other people have created on the gallery, I don't tend to design them for any sort of story anymore.

QKTsmsg.png

• Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited September 2022
    When I'm not making a completely original Sim, I take inspiration from characters I see in television or other media, though I never have my Sim share the character's/actor's name as I still want them to be their own characters. And depending on whether I get extra ideas or not, I'll either stick to the theme that character has or mix it with something else. For example, I just recently made a Sim based on the appearance of Ariel Winter, who played Alex from Modern Family. I have another Sim whose appearance is inspired by Ymir from Attack on Titan, but I also made her a Werewolf and I made her while asking myself the question of what I think would be the kinds of outfits Ymir would wear if she lived in our modern society, but as a Werewolf.

However, my main Sim and the Sim that's the protagonist of my story is completely original in appearance. I also have a personal rule to avoid downloading other people's Sims, even if I like their design, and instead I try to replicate them with my own spin.
    Post edited by LJK on
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Definitely no replicas of "real life" people in my game (or any of the previous versions).

I've always thought that if I wanted to interact with people I know, I should be doing it in person and not through some video game so all of my sims are random ones I downloaded from the gallery or those I created in CAS myself.

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I made a sim self when I first started the sims 4, but I was so interested in playing the game, that It really doesn’t look like me. In the sims 1 I made many family members that I played. Now, I kind of make up a story behind the people/families I make, but most all my sims/families are just interesting characters I want to play, not actually real people.
  • Options
    SirianaSimsSirianaSims Posts: 177 Member
    I rarely create Sims myself. I have given Vlad an extreme makeover so he looks less ridiculous, and I will give other sims minor makeovers (like fixing Christie Sigworth because she grows up looking a bit weird) but mostly clothes/hair and maybe adding a tattoo or other details if a character seems to become part of my legacy and I need them to look their best. But other than my Duchelli legacy founder, I haven't created a single sim from scratch in the entire save, they're all either born in game or generated by the game.

My founder married Don, their Gen 2 daughter married a son of Morgan Fyres/Wolfgang Munch, and they had my Gen 3 heir who then married a granddaughter of Angela Pleasant/Dustin Broke and Michael Bell/Kim Goldbloom. My Gen 4 heir is best friends/in love(?) with Samuel Ward, whose grandmother was the daughter of Judith Ward/Marcus Flex' daughter and Orange Bailey-Moon.

I'm probably going to run out of Sims that I can actually track the lineage of soon, since the original family trees tend to get deleted after a few generations, but it's still more fun for me if my characters get to meet other Sims who have a bit of backstory already, with parents, grandparents, and possible siblings.
    generation5juliapaul.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited September 2022
    When I create characters for my book(s) I get a mental image of what they should look like. I used to scan magazines until I found the look that matched my perception. Now, when I bring them into this game, I do my best to create the image in my head in CAS. It's just one of those things, that I know when I've got it 'right'. It's when you say, "Oh, hello Erik." ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    I love creating characters, sometimes I have an idea in mind other times I take a random and see what I can mould from that. Also see what combining some of the characters produces.
    One thing I've never done actually is create a simself...no thanks, had enough of myself, here for escapism lol
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I create sims as characters for a story. I guess I could compare it to the moment when writer starts thinking about who the MC of this particular storyline could be. The looks are sometimes dictated by the idea I have, for example if I want to have an orphan lost on Sulani then I would go for Sulani native look. Same goes for traits. I think hard what traits should the hero of this journey have. Maybe he/she should fight their hot headed nature or just being simply mean or maybe they lost someone, and to give story an oomph, I would go for gloomy and uncontrolled emotions traits. Later on they work hard to have enough points to buy potion so they can change traits: they may advance and be better people or completely sink.

In terms of looks I go for less generic faces, although I don’t use CC only vanilla game. I put acne on them, give them crooked teeth. Now I also have woman with hairy legs and arms, scars. I don’t want them to be perfect and pretty, but to have a “soul” and proof they had some sort of life before I created them. Funny thing, those “scared” sims are among the best I made and I keep them always in my library even if their story reached the end.

I never create a sim self. I don’t see a point. I have enough of my RL and I don’t want to copy that to the game. For me Sims 4 is like interactive novel that I write. (And sometimes sims themselves when they rebel against what I decided 😂)
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    I only play one sim based on a real person, and that's my simself. It's less ego (I promise!) and more that I want to give her/myself the happier life I wasn't able to have. Very rarely does anything bad happen to my simself or her family up until death. Oddly I don't have a problem with her dying in game, maybe because of my age I've made peace with death. Not that I'm ready to go quite yet, mind you! But I try to be sanguine about it.

As for all my other sims, I never play premades but I keep them around for background color. Made over, of course. I rarely change their genetics, but they get new hair and wardrobes, makeup etc. Except for Christie Sigworth. That poor child grows up to look ... strange. Very, very strange. I have a base save that I created to start new games. All the premades are madeover and all the awful EA buildings replaced with builds from the gallery. I rarely download sims from the gallery though because I do enjoy creating them myself. My games are about 2/3 premades and 1/3 my own sims. They aren't based on real people except for one of my favorite actor who doesn't remotely look like the real thing LOL. I just go in and play around in CAS until I have something that pleases my eye.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    My Sims are based off OCs I made for another video game series. They're originally named after colors of light and have defining color schemes and particular ethnicities.

epOwC12.png
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited September 2022
    What’s the story?
    cyncie wrote: »
    Right now, I’m playing mostly premade supernaturals with only minimal changes. So they look like Morgyn, Nalani, Guidry, Vlad, etc. Oberon Lazuli (my avatar) is original, and was designed with a specific role in the story and a personality type to match. I had a general idea of what I wanted him to look like and played around in CAS until the result matched my idea. That’s how I usually design my sims. They’re story characters first, with a general idea about appearance that is refined in CAS.

• Options
    tbaby_6_6_6tbaby_6_6_6 Posts: 1 New Member
    currently playing TS4. I've dabbled in a few of the past games but this one I've had the time and ability to really get into it. I'm playing 2 characters, one being "myself" (albeit a decades younger & better looking version.... and since my Harry Potter obsessed self acquired Realm of Magic, I'm now also a Witch who dresses waaaay better 😅 ) and also as my real life bff/roommate who looks, and eerily enough also behaves, like the human version with about 93% accuracy! I'd post comparison pics but this is my first day so I cannot :p but will try to edit in the future.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Mostly from imagination. The closest I get to 'real' is how might a character in a book I've read look in TS4
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited September 2022
    I make my Simself and family soon after getting the new game (Sims 2, 3, 4). It's a challenge, and a good way to really learn the controls.

After that, it's random Sims. I do have some favorite originals that I've re-created from past Sims games (I LOVE YOU PHOENIX VALENTINE), but CAS usually involves making the most interesting Sim out of whatever the newest stuff is.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports