Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wyrd Tales (updated May 15, '24)

Comments

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,683 Member
    @luciusstorm I just read your chapter 7. Wow, that was great! I really enjoyed these lines: ". . .I totally would have stocked up on garlic and steak."

"Stakes, dad."[/b]

This was choice. Loved it.

You know, I'm honestly unsure whether or not he was trying to be funny...
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    FYI, I've edited the title of Chapter 8 to include a link to the official video of the song, if anyone wants to hear it.

Edit: Now, if someone could just please make me an animation mod that would let Miranda dance while playing violin like Lindsey does...
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,790 Member
    @luciusstorm I just read your chapter 7. Wow, that was great! I really enjoyed these lines: ". . .I totally would have stocked up on garlic and steak."

"Stakes, dad."[/b]

He may not have been but she caught his error and that's what made it hilarious.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,037 Member
    edited August 2022

"Stakes, dad."[/b]

He may not have been but she caught his error and that's what made it hilarious.

In my head he actually thought you killed a vampire with a steak. He's skilled in the art of seduction, not vampire slaying.

• Options

"Stakes, dad."[/b]

In my head he actually thought you killed a vampire with a steak. He's skilled in the art of seduction, not vampire slaying.

ROFL I can hear that thought, too. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options

"Stakes, dad."[/b]

"Yeah, that makes sense. I wondered what I supposed to do with it if a vampire did come after me. Throw it at them? Hit 'em with it? And what cut is best?"

• Options

"Stakes, dad."[/b]

"Yeah, that makes sense. I wondered what I supposed to do with it if a vampire did come after me. Throw it at them? Hit 'em with it? And what cut is best?"

Oh, stop, you've got me chuckling so hard, I'm losing my breath!
  • Options

Chapter 9 - Catching Up

"Oh, it's good to see you," Beth threw her arms around Miranda. "Are you doing OK? You had me worried when you came up last week."
    YyeViX1.png
    "I'm... I'm OK," Miranda allowed. "It's taken me a while but I think I'm ready to be OK again. Are you?"

"I am,' Beth said. "Nick was my brother and a part of me will always miss him... but he's still with me, in memory and moonlight. Maybe it's a werewolf thing. The Wolf lives intensely but very much in the moment. Maybe that's why Fate bonds us so strongly to our mates... if it didn't could we really sustain love for a lifetime?"
    Vb0mofe.png

"Speaking of mates," Miranda smiled as they sat down, "how is Jake?"

"Oh, he's good."
    4y80Fug.png
    "He's really good," Beth signed dreamily.

"I remember," Miranda smirked.

"Hey now, that's my boyfriend," Beth laughed.
    zMMCX7G.png

"Anyway, Jake and Kristopher are getting along better. Kristopher still isn't happy that we followed you but he recognizes that Jake's becoming his own kind of leader... and that means he'll someday take over the Collective, like Kristopher wanted. I'm not sure if it's a wolf thing or a guy thing, really."
    GLxSHeE.png

"Oh, and little Freddie is so cute."

"Freddie?" Miranda asked, puzzled.

"That's right, you didn't say long enough for me to introduce you," Beth's grin widened. "Fred's my brother! Can you believe it? Mom didn't even know she was pregnant when everything happened."

"That's... amazing," Miranda sighed.
    jt25XP8.png

"So, how is everything with your family?" Beth asked.

"Good, I guess," Miranda said.
    YlNoXDb.png
    "I'm still doing school."

"Gwen has taken to talking to birds," Miranda shook her head. "Sometimes I really don't know if she's just nuts or if the birds really talk back to her. Knowing Gwen, it could be both."
    rO5L3yo.png

"Mom's still doing the acting thing," Miranda continued. "She's got me helping her run lines. I guess it's kinda fun."
    8MIzaEE.png

Beth said. "You know, I saw your mom in that episode of... what's the medical drama?"
    V1dkCKj.png
    "Residency of the Heart," Miranda muttered.

"She was pretty good."

"I think they just cast her in these lesbian romance roles to get the ratings up," Miranda grumbled.
    aDwrfkR.png

"I was shocked they killed off her character," Beth said. "Even if she was only a guest star, they could have had her back."

"Well remember, my mom's a musician. She can't really act," Miranda shook her head.
    jCi6ypI.png

"Oh that's not fair," Beth disagreed. "She did really well in that period drama."
    AiwLlnf.png

"I guess she's OK," Miranda allowed, "when they put her in roles where she can play music, sing and dance."
    ddAL3Pw.png

"One cool thing about her acting," Miranda continued, "is sometimes she meets actually cool people. She did that western mini-series with Londyn Huntley. She even got me Londyn's autograph."
    hSkRLar.png

"Anyway, the studio is shipping us off to Tortosa this summer," Miranda said. "Kind of a working vacation for mom, photo shoots and events and stuff."

"Oh, summer on a warm, sunny, romantic beach... I feel your pain," Beth proved that sarcasm was not Miranda's exclusive domain.
    pKEQTAM.png
    "Do me a favor," Beth said. "Let yourself have some fun... get a tan. Meet someone."

"I am so not looking to 'meet someone' right now," Miranda sighed.

"Whatever," Beth smiled.
    bHEHZR3.png
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @luciusstorm Great job. Maybe Miranda is destined to be an actress.🤔 She's gaining acting skill while helping mom. Londyn looks good in western clothes btw. She looks good in anything really, but then again I'm biased. It's fun to see her and the others on one of the infinite different paths their lives might take through the multiverse.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, I agree Londyn looks good in anything. Cassie seems to agree too (but never fear one path that absolutely won't be taken in this possible future is Cassie getting between Londyn and Danielle).

I've been pondering Miranda's future lately... wondering how many stories she has as a Teen before I age her up to Young Adult and what her path might be - actress, musician, journalist, secret agent? So many possibilities. Not there yet though... not yet.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Finally caught up! Now, I need to overcome the blank page writer’s block. :D

So many lines I want to quote, but everyone beat me to them. Lol. Don, I love his advice to Miranda!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,982 Member
    edited August 2022
    It's fun seeing how people think through the TS4 occults and take them a step or two farther...
    I like the idea about wolves living intensely but in the moment, and that's why they need the fated mate thing to help them hold on to each other.
  • Options
    @mightysprite Living and loving in the moment is so animalistic. I love the way we build up to romance, and think in a big picture way as humans, but there is an undeniable romanticism to just giving into desire and the heat of the moment and to hell with tomorrow.
  • Options

Chapter 10 - The Start of a Tartosan Summer

"Welcome to sunny Tartsoa," Miranda sighed. "Only, you know, without the sun."
    MsBQTd7.png
    "I guess it's not so bad."
    guCzKra.png

"This house the studio rented for us isn't horrible."
    gbpDAOY.png

"They let us bring Cally..."
    dMtv0Lu.png

"... and there's plenty of room to practice my yoga."
    VHZGdLV.png

"I went down into town this morning..."
    anS17nw.png
    "It's a nice place for an early morning jog."
    blzYA99.png

"Not many people around that early."
    MFHoWG6.png

"... and I found a nice little pastry shop."

(Oh. My. God. This is the best fruit tart ever!)
    wYYQ09D.png

"There are certainly worse ways to spend the start of summer."
    weTobc7.png

"I'm glad your settling in alright," Cassie grinned.
    VE4Sfz4.png
    "The studio arranged for me to do a photo shoot," she continued, "at another actor's house, here in Tartosa. I thought you might like to come along."

"Because watching you mug for the camera is always so much fun," Miranda grumbled.
    gAPsNMy.png

"I only suggest it because they have a daughter about your age," Cassie said patiently. "Maybe two of you could complain together about the horrors of having famous parents."

"Sure, I guess" Miranda said.
    B34sUnJ.png
  • Options

Chapter 11 - Mariah

"Oh my God, mom," Miranda said. "You didn't say your photo shoot was with Londyn Huntley... The Londyn Huntley! ... She's like a real actress."

"Thanks for that," Cassie smiled. "Anyway, Miranda this is Londyn's daughter Mariah."
    kL56fi6.png
    "Hey," the tough looking teen nodded to Miranda.

"Hi," Miranda replied.

"Well, I can see the two of you should get along wonderfully," Cassie chuckled, leaving the girls alone.
    nxKiMye.png

"So," Miranda said, "you're Londyn's daughter? I thought she and Danielle..."

"Adopted," Mariah said. "My real mom lost custody 'cause she's basically horrible... and Dad split when I was little. So, Londyn and Daneille adopted me. Yeah, it's like a charity thing... but they're keeping it out of the press. I guess they want me to feel like normal. Actually, they're OK."
    if9IgMX.png
    "That's rough," Miranda replied. "My dad left my mom at the altar. She and Gwen raised me, but they've tried to keep me mostly out of the press a too. I don't know about normal... I haven't seen normal in a while..."

"Right, Mariah nodded. "The whole crime ring murder thing last year. Harsh."
    0sxrqsl.png

"So," Mariah continued, "I guess you're cool. At least, we're both kind of messed up. What now?"
    Xx8a13E.png

"Got a ball?" Miranda asked.

"Oh, I will crush you," Mariah laughed.
    60UFcdT.png

"OK, if that was you crushing me," Miranda grinned.

"You got lucky," Mariah snarked.
    GCcnrWr.png
    "Afternoon, ladies," Gwen said as she stepped thought the gate.

"What are you doing here?" Miranda asked. "Oh, Mariah, this is Gwen... Gwen this is..."

"Mariah, Londyn and Danielle's daughter," Gwen smiled, "and I am here to hang out with two world-famous actors and a brilliant novelist. You ladies have fun."
    0U6Q8Ca.png

"I don't know if she's being less weird or more weird," Miranda sighed.

"OoooK. Want to go inside?" Mariah asked.
    StlpgDH.png

"You didn't?" Miranda laughed." Wow, I can't imagine.."

"Well, he had it coming." Mariah said.

"God, we've been talking for hours," Miranda smiled.
    OkzUEwp.png
    "I've got to admit," she continued, "when mom suggested I tag along I really thought about saying no... but I'm glad I didn't"

"Me too," Mariah said. "It's been really nice meeting you."
    xUhNa3F.png

"Our parents seem to be getting along too," Miranda said.
    acqiqHX.png

"I'm hanging out with some friends tomorrow," Mariah said. "You can come along, if you want."

"Sure," Miranda replied. "Sounds fun."
    nYGQZxq.png

Once again, with thanks to @DaniRose2143 for the Wyrd Girls being about to meet Londyn and Danielle (well, possible-future versions of them anyway) from the excellent Under the Tartosan Sun. More to come.
  • Options

Chapter 12 - Celebration of New Friends

The following day, at the Celebrazioni d'Amore lounge...

"Guys, this is Miranda," . ariah was saying. "Miranda, this is Angelo... his parents have been friends with Danielle and Londyn forever... and this is his girl-friend Tomi."
    wkq4S3a.png
    "Hi," Miranda ventured a smile.

"Ciao," Angelo replied with a casual shrug.

"Hello," Tomi said, giving Miranda an appraising look.
    OKphhZY.png

"So, you guys come here a lot?" Miranda asked.

"Usually, we hang out at the beach," Tomi shrugged, "but it's cloudy and this place is OK. They have music you can dance to."
    VGwstPJ.png
    "Oh, I love dancing," Miranda smiled. "What do you guys say?"

Tomi fumed. Who was this new girl? Was Angelo checking her out?
    g5Ht3yN.png

"Alright sporty," Mariah smiled. "Let's see how those football legs works on the dance floor."
    57P6wQF.png

Miranda threw herself into the music, enjoying the evening and the company of people her own age.
    TDmtTFM.png
    Tomi glared at Angelo. Is he checking her out? He is, isn't he? Finally, she stalked off the dance floor.
    tL17f8i.png

Angelo took the opportunity to try to chat with Miranda a bit. Oblivious to his charm and Tomi's jealousy, Miranda was engrossed in showing Mariah the music video for the new song playing.
    b7ZHePh.png

Realizing neither of them was paying him the least attention, Angelo went off to the look for Tomi.
    9UKa8sl.png

"Sorry about those two," Mariah said. "Tomi gets weird sometimes."

"Oh," Miranda blinked. "We were having so much fun, I didn't even notice."
    wgYig2X.png
    "Oh :| ," Mariah sighed. "What's she doing here?"
    bDwEDFn.png

"Hello Miranda," Danielle smiled. "I know we didn't have a chance to talk yesterday. I hope you two are having a good time."

"We're fine, Danielle," Mariah muttered.
    rNgdXoA.png

"Wow," Miranda laughed. "Ok, sorry Mariah, I'm trying not to geek out here, but wow... Danielle, I love your books. (Don't tell my mom.)"

"Thank you," Danielle laughed.
    dcBzuBt.png

"It's OK, fangirl," Mariah sighed, "I forgive you."

"Wow," Danielle smiled. "She must really like you, Miranda."

"Ugh, Danielle!" Mariah moaned.
    dWYzbmx.png

"Well, I really should be going," Miranda said. On impulse, she stepped in and embraced Mariah. "Thanks, so much, for inviting me out."

"I'll call you," Mariah said, holding her tightly.
    zTG14iJ.png
    "Did you have fun tonight?" Gwen asked.

"Umm, yeah... I... kind of..." Miranda stammered.
    pTFWOnH.png

"Oh my gods!" Gwen's eyes widened. "Did you meet someone? You met someone didn't you?"
    T8TsNcN.png

"I don't know," Miranda fidgeted. "Maybe. She's... I don't know. How... how did you know, when you felt... that way... about mom?"
    k2jj6Bl.png

"Oh darling," Gwen smiled. "Just listen to you heart."
    si6PjZC.png

With ongoing thanks to @DaniRose2143.
  • Options
    @luciusstorm Well done. I thought there were sparks with Mariah and Miranda. Good for them, you go girls. Taking Mariah in like that is just so true to their nature. Danielle and Londyn have big hearts.

Now that my guests have gone home I can get to work on my story. That is if my food coma has run its course.😴
  • Options
    The funny thing is, I didn't really plan Mariah. She was a random SIM I created to add another teen to Tartosa for Miranda to interact with... but she has quickly grow into more than that.
  • Options
    @luciusstorm I know how that is and feel like those are often the sims that grow on us. Danielle was just another sim when I first created her, but she quickly become far more. Londyn was created to be someone special but she exceeded my wildest expectations. Liberty and Summer were never supposed to even be in this story but now they're central characters. Even Matteo has started to endear himself to me. He's never lived up to the idea I had in mind, but in a good way. He was supposed to be a shallow playboy, but he's the exact opposite.
  • Options

Chapter 13 - Get a Tan, Meet Someone

The sun finally broke through the clouds over Tartosa and Miranda headed for the beach to meet Mariah and her friends.

"You made it," Mariah drew her into a tight hug, adding in a quick whisper, "Please don't let Angelo's terrible singing scare you off."
    OQl9Z8j.png
    "Also, holy :o, check out the beach bod!" Mariah grinned. "Seriously buff, girl. You should wear a bikini more often."
    Mnf6wO7.png

"Thanks," Miranda laughed, flushing at the complement. "I... umm... do a lot of jogging and some yoga."
    eZgt96N.png

"Hey, Miranda's here," Angelo told Tomi.

"Fantastica," Tomi's reply positively dripped acid.
    2ll6hw2.png

Swimming in the ocean was a first for Miranda. Sure, she'd been to the ocean front in the city, but you couldn't swim there. You wouldn't want to. Here, the water was warm and clear, brilliant blue stretching beyond the horizon.
    VCsMLL5.png
    She threw herself into the water with enthusiasm. The strong, deep strokes she'd learned swimming the lake last summer worked as well in the ocean.
    KFNPL0w.png

The ocean waves moved in their own rhythm but Miranda quickly released this was rhythm she knew. She knew the turning of the moon, and she knew how to draw upon it. Despite having never been in it before, the ocean was suddenly no stranger to her.
    XEdjqN9.png

Mariah watched Miranda glide through the bay, water glistening off her smooth skin, every motion confident and strong.
    MS5cjPH.png

Eventually, Miranda came back to beach. Laughing together, she and Mariah turned their hands to making a sand sculpture. With anyone else, Mariah might have dismissed the activity as childish, but she couldn't deny the happy gleam in Miranda's eyes as they piled up wet sand together.
    f5MD01S.png
    Angelo and Tomi had wandered off, but Mariah didn't give them a second thought.

She sat comfortably as Miranda worked on a tan.
    hgcbgpu.png

Later they walked into town. They chatted over some carry-out, laughing and talking about everything and nothing.
    Y5Osatp.png

Miranda rented an easel and painted a quick picture of the rental house.

"It's not very good," she allowed as she worked.

"You... It... It's amazing," Mariah replied.
    9zekqhU.png

As the sun sunk over the ocean, they found Angelo and Tomi again on the beach.

"I've got to ask," Tomi said, "I mean we've all heard the story about your 'big adventure' last summer. Come on, tell us what really happened?"
    8bgsGvG.png
    If Miranda noticed the hint of mockery in Tomi's tone, she chose to ignore. Instead she launched into her story...
    gNuv7RK.png

... and, as Mariah reacted with awe and wonder, Miranda found herself sharing more of the truth than she usually did.

Tomi was skeptical, at best.
    34fn2gl.png

"Really?" Tomi said when Miranda finished. "I mean... werewolves, vampires, magic battles? Give me a break... it sounds like a bad YA novel!"
    ZzIpDkG.png

"Hey!" Mariah exploded. "Don't you say that to her! Don't you call her a liar!"

"Whatever," Tomi snapped back, "Le credi solo perché sei innamorato di lei, pazza lesbica!"
    ZExsSaa.png
    Mariah sat, fuming, while Tomi stalked off, Angelo trailing behind her. Miranda moved to sit quietly next to her.
    iUPMxOJ.png

"I'm sorry," Mariah said after a bit. "She can be a total :# sometimes."

"It's OK," Miranda replied. "It really does sounds like a YA novel and I was there."
    eqpLlCr.png

Silence settled between them again.

Finally Miranda ventured, "Um, does lesbica mean what I think it means?"
    8753Ro1.png
    "Yeah," Mariah replied, her temper flaring again. "I'm a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 whose into girls. Don't worry, I'll leave so I don't infect you or anything."

"Woah, wait a minute," Miranda gasped.
    QwC51e7.png

Miranda leapt to her feet and, desperate to stop Mariah storming off, did the only thing that it occurred to her to do.
    1qN9Vy8.png
    erOU6V0.png

"I have two moms," Miranda said. "You have two moms. Why do you think I'd have a problem with you liking girls?"
    bAo1Jrr.png

"You kissed me," Mariah said, stunned. "But you like guys... You said... Jake and Nick..."
    NAq5mAq.png

"Ok, yes," Miranda replied, "I liked kissing them. I also kissed Beth... like once 'cause there was mistletoe and we were all going to die in a few days but she's my best friend and she's with Jake and it was really confusing and I've wanted to kiss you like all day and... mmhphmm!"
    NuFSeuk.png

"I wanted to kiss you from the moment we met," Mariah said went they had breath to speak again.
    crXj7OQ.png
    OK, I don't speak a word of Italian, so Tomi's big line is pure Google translate. It is therefore mostly likely laughably incorrect from the standpoint of someone who does speak Italian. Still, it felt like a heat-of-the-moment angry thing that should be said in Romance language, and so I was willing to risk it. If any Italian speakers wish to offer me a correction, it will be welcomed gladly (and I'll edit the post accordingly). - L
  • Options

Chapter 14 - Love and Mischief

After their first kiss on the beach, Miranda found herself spending most of her days with Mariah. She forgot completely her comment to Beth about not looking to meet someone. Truthfully, she hadn't been looking. She'd just found someone.
    Q5Sv0fK.png
    The morning after the kiss, Mariah had been so uncertain. She later admitted to Miranda that she'd almost not come over, only going when Danielle had insisted she go out.
    OaEAYtX.png

Miranda, on the other hand, felt very much at ease.
    JvGcNV3.png

It didn't take long for Mariah to warm back up. If anything she acted more boisterous and confident than before, laughing and rough housing...
    lR2DaUl.png

... and kissing.
    0wDsXwf.png

Those summer days involved lots of kissing.
    oTUZfqo.png

After a few days, they reconnected with Tomi and Aneglo.
    6nOhQFk.png
    Miranda got the feeling that it wasn't the first time Mariah and Tomi had clashed.
    XWBUq5S.png

She wasn't sure the pair were friends, really. Maybe frenemies?
    GWKrs4z.png

Certainly Mariah's attempt to make up with them was... playful.
    xQZIneP.png

"Really," Tomi had said to Aneglo, "what did you expect?"
    2MJQqx4.png

"What?" Mariah smiled. "Oh, it's fine."

... and it seemed to be.
    19GfypT.png

It was hard to worry when they were together.
    dfmwp1v.png
    Mariah was fun and funny. She made Miranda laugh.
    93B3bVT.png

She made it hard to think at all, when she gave Miranda that look.
    3FGj70t.png

Sunny days faded into warm nights...
    hPuquTR.png

... and a steamy the hot tub.
    aeByimn.png

Ah, Tartosa... the town for romance.
    4qKjD36.png
  • Options

Chapter 15 - A Date

OK, Mariah told herself. You can do this. You're not doing anything wrong. Crap! What am I doing? I can't do this.
    Mh6wSFQ.png
    Deep breath, she told herself. Today, you can do this. You are strong. You are confident. You are not doing anything wrong.

"Miranda... do you want to go out with me? On a date... like a real... Oh... Yes? Umm, OK. Great. Tonight... at Celebrazioni? I'll meet you there!"

I did it!
    r1A3PAi.png

"Wow, you came," Mariah laughed nervously, "I mean... Hi!"

"Well, yeah," Miranda grinned. "If you hadn't asked me, I was going to ask you."
    Df2R9MY.png
    "It's funny isn't it," Miranda continued. "All the time we spend together, and this is our first official date."

"Yeah," Mariah grinned to cover her nerves.
    LCu18fA.png

"... and Tomi's dad was all 'blah blah blah," Mariah said.
    v8xCUKk.png
    "I don't know what his problem is..."
    ApaJWZT.png

"He's always getting on my case. Like it's my fault his daughter is such a >:)<3 ... I didn't even say she was one. I mean, just because I maybe mentioned that I saw her out with that boy who totally wasn't Angelo..."
    PnNOlvX.png

"Ugh, it just makes me so mad so made sometimes."
    1UXYZii.png

"Crap, I'm sorry," Mariah sighed. "We're supposed to be having fun and I'm just complaining about stuff."

"It's OK," Miranda smiled. "I get it. Besides, I kinda like listening to your problems. They're different than mine."

"I just want us to have a nice evening," Mariah said.

"I'm with you, so I am having a nice evening," Miranda said.

"That's so corny," Mariah replied. "Why does it make me smile?"
    u9kkpRs.png

"... and now I find out my mom's hosting this big charity gala thing in a few nights," Miranda said. "I guess it's one of the reasons the studio wanted us to come out to Tartosa."

"Oh that," Mariah nodded. "Yeah, Londyn has to show up for that every year."
    2oO0ApY.png
    "So, will you come?" Miranda asked.

"Um, what?"

"You know, be my date to the gala," Miranda said. "I mean, I don't think I could stand sitting through it alone."
    rOwyXnd.png

"OK, that's..." Mariah struggled to catch her breath. "Wow... no one ever asked me to a gala before."

"So... yes?"
    CUBGtci.png

"Yes!" Mariah said, her eyes bright as she kissed Miranda's hands.

"Are you OK?" Miaranda asked.
    lN4P5CU.png

"It's just... you asked me out," Mariah smiled, "to a gala."

"Well, I said if you hadn't asked me out first I was going to," Miranda said.

But you really meant it, Mariah thought to herself.
    SX5Vu9w.png

"So," Mariah said, "this is like supposed to be the most romantic spot in all Tartosa. Lot's of tourists come her to take pictures and stuff. Want to?"

"Sure."
    1pYaNQa.png
    "I'm very much in favor of pictures," Miranda said.
    4YlJGrY.png

"... and stuff."
    dcTkIP5.png
    She really likes me, Mariah thought. She really does and I really, really like her. Everything feels right, here in her arms. Kissing her, feels so right. It's not wrong. It's not. It's... not?
  • Options
    @luciusstorm I love this! Mariah and Miranda work well together. Clearly Mariah has been listening to her moms, there is an undeniable magic to that place. Never go to that spot unless you're prepared to fall in love. All three of my couples made the commitment to a serious relationship there.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, thanks. Mariah has indeed been listening to her moms. Unfortunately, there are some other people she's listened to as well. There are a lot of voices in her head. She's lucky Londyn's and Danielle's are among them.
  • Options

Chapter 16 - The Gala
    Fair warning, this one is going to be long - L

The night of the charity gala arrived. Stars and other luminaries gathered at Celebrazioni to drink and dance, see and be seen, all in the name of fame, fashion and, of course, charity.

Miranda waited nervously at the edge of the glittering crowd, looking around. Oh, I'm just waiting for my friend, she thought in an imagined conversation. Or, I'm waiting for my girlfriend? Wow, I am, aren't I...

Finally, she spotted Mariah. "Hi," Miranda grinned.
    kfrZzp5.png
    "Wow, you look really nice," she added. "Is that a new outfit?"

"Thanks. Yeah, I thought I'd dress up," Mariah replied, the epitome of a cool, calm and collected young woman (pay no attention to the coiled nervousness bordering on panic behind the mask). "Danielle and Londyn helped out a little," she added, dismissing the hours spent tearing apart her dressers and half the shops on Tartosa in a desperate search for the perfect look.
    XwYvmiZ.png

Elsewhere in the crowd, other greetings were happening...

"Judith, you made it." Cassie smiled, ignoring with long practice the coiling tension as the other actress embraced her.

"Of course, dah'ling. How could I keep away?" Judith Ward drawled dramatically.
    3d2isuT.png
    "After all," she continued, "it's your very first time hosting the Gala. After I've hosted so many, it will be just wonderful to be here as a... guest."
    kcMH0U9.png

"Well, I'm so glad you could be here," Cassie repeated. "You're people didn't send a confirmation, so I was afraid you might not. The Gala just wouldn't be the same without you."

"No, it wouldn't," the acting legend gave a thin lipped grin. "You know dear, if you run into any trouble tonight I'll be happy... to step in."

"Oh great," Cassie replied with an equally theatrical smile.
    dJ8kaNZ.png

Meanwhile, as she headed inside with Mariah, Miranda spotted a familiar but unexpected face in the crowd.

"Jenny! I didn't know you'd be here," she said, hugging her friend.
    BROpHNA.png
    "Surprise!" Jenny smiled back. "Your mom swung me an invite... a chance to hobnob with real stars. Maybe chat up a few directors and producers..."

"Jenny," Miranda groaned.
    z5FdTQv.png

"What? A girl's got to eat," Jenny sighed.

"Your a good actress, Jenny. You don't need to hook-up to get jobs," Miranda sighed.
    0aEpd1Y.png

"Enough about my crappy love life," Jenny said. "I heard a rumor you've got a little holiday romance going."

"Well, yeah," Miranda blushed. "Mariah... Oh, I guess I should catch up with her. I'll talk to you later, Jenny."
    I61JlPo.png

"Go get her, Miranda," Jenny sighed to herself.
    jtkIIdh.png

"Mariah," Miranda called, "Hey, wait up. Where are you going?"

"What do you care?!" Mariah snapped.

"What?" Miranda blinked, taken aback but Mariah's sudden temper.
    G6UoZ82.png
    "Well, you were busy chatting up Ms. Salty Suds," Mariah snarled "with her bottle-blonde hair and big... bubbles."
    K5S7Bec.png

"She's a friend," Miranda replied, her own temper rising, "and you're one to talk about dye jobs. Besides, she's a natural blonde."

"Oh and you know that for a fact, I bet!" Mariah snapped back.
    SPVbZT8.png

"What is wrong with you?" Miranda demanded.

"Forget it!" Mariah growled, storming off.
    IqJ4mhc.png

Inside Celebrazioni, unaware of rising teen drama, the rich and famous mingled.
    xLgDVRz.png
    Cassie found herself chatting with her old college friend (boyfriend? No, he didn't rate that title even though he was the first guy she'd anythinged with), Rohan - Representative Elderberry, now that he'd won Victor Feng old seat.
    OVnqngd.png

Cassie felt a little guilty pawning him off on Danielle, if only because he couldn't seem to talk about anything but the legislature now, but she had to keep mingling.
    o0PVxHQ.png

"Hi," Mariah said gently, "Can we go somewhere and talk about how I'm a complete idiot?"
    ytaEKCd.png
    "Go on," Miranda said as they sat, "you were saying something about being an idiot."

"Complete. Idiot." Mariah said emphatically. "Also total raving lunatic and jealous 🐸🐸🐸🐸."
    lokrOgN.png

"What was that all about?" Miranda asked.

"I don't know," Mariah said. "I just wanted everything to be perfect... and I was so sure I was going to do something stupid..."

"So you decided to get it out of the way first thing?" Miranda asked.

"No... maybe... I don't know," Mariah said. "Just... I saw you talking to her and she's like totally hot in her little black dress and her big..."

"Bubbles?" Miranda found she was having a hard time staying mad.

"... and I totally am not good enough for you," Mariah stammered
    cElHZMx.png

"You're a complete idiot," Miranda said. "You're just lucky I love you."

"You... um, what?!" Mariah blinked.

"You really are an idiot," Miranda smiled.
    Rdxl7Ah.png

"Wonderful evening dah'ling," Judith drawled.
    DK8JQnA.png
    Well, Cassie thought, if Judith wants to still be the center of attention...
    eU3QcWe.png

... let her be. She had more than earned her place in spotlight.
    B2gaG8L.png

At least the evening is going... Wait, she thought, why does Danielle look upset?
    VBtMeyN.png
    "Rohan, what did you say to Danielle?" Cassie asked firmly.

"Nothing," the drunk Representative slurred slightly.
    bRR1asI.png

"We were just talking about her book'sh"
    WI3QfZB.png

"Maybe I said something about the spicy parts... and maybe I suggested..."

"Rohan!" Cassie snapped.
    kssQr19.png

So maybe the Gala wasn't a perfect night...
    ... or...
    59gBwuh.png