Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Feature Overview Trailer

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited February 2023
    Felt kinda barebones compared to most gameplay trailers, but it definitely got my attention with that milestones feature. I've been saying for years that I want TS2's memory system back, so if that's what this is about to be then I am definitely getting this pack.

The only concern I really have so far is the grandparents just popping in for a visit like that. My game already has a problem with neighbors and family members showing up unannounced and lettimg themselves into my houses. Don't need that to be a feature now :D
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023
    I thought it was good. I do wish they’d gone into more detail about the family dynamic as I didn’t see any consequence really besides the elder snarling at the husband. And I’m not sure if there is just the 4 options or more.

But nothing in this trailer made me any less excited for the pack and this system. Milestones looked good too.
  • Options
    VyollaVyolla Posts: 80 Member
    edited February 2023
    While I do feel like the trailer was a bit on the lower-end of *game-play* trailers we've gotten in the past. I do like that they gave us more information about how these specific systems will work, even though, I'm still a little confused and look forward to seeing them explain it further in the live-stream. I believe, SimGuruNova, said that there is much more to be shown than what the trailer showed us today. So, I'm going to hold them to that! hehe.

One thing I noticed in the trailer was how each individual Sim reacted and interacted and I LOVED it. While for those of us that do own Parenthood have a 'reaction' to new siblings being born into the family, I love that this is added upon! It's more than just a child just sulking, then going to their bed to cry. It's so much more in-depth and I know it may seem small to some, but this just makes me that more excited to see just how in-depth these systems are going to make game-play! And I'm sooo freakin' ecstatic about it!

He's not just reacting to the newborn being brought into the family; he's reacting to how much attention they're giving the new sibling, reacting to how when she stands up for the first time, he's over "the new born baby" feels and ready for the others to pay attention to him, too. I also loved how the grandpa hugged his loved ones, but because he has such "beef' with the husband, Chris, he just completely ignores the idea of greeting him. Instead, he glares at him, grits his teeth, and just shakes his head in disappointment.

But overtime, WITH interactions, they may not always agree, but can see eye to eye, a little bit and get along for the wife/daughter. ♥ I love that! I cannot wait to see how legacies are going to be with this. I love the unexpected visitors.. I wonder how this will play out for the "welcome wagon", or other Sims that just show up out of no where. How will this work exactly and what stories can be told.. will this blossom friendships, or cause tension for others? AND I love that we have those options to set it up how we want (close, distant, etc), or we can let things play out naturally and see what happens and even WORK to make those relationships better over time as we interact and spend time with them.

Ahhh!! March needs to hurry up, because I want to play my game with these new features! T.T
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,003 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Felt kinda barebones compared to most gameplay trailers, but it definitely got my attention with that milestones feature. I've been saying for years that I want TS2's memory system back, so if that's what this is about to be then I am definitely getting this pack.

The only concern I really have so far is the grandparents just popping in for a visit like that. My game already has a problem with neighbors and family members showing up unannounced and lettimg themselves into my houses. Don't need that to be a feature now :D

Well, to be fair, he did knock. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I try really hard to keep my expectations close to zero, so I can't say I'm really disappointed with the trailer. I think it did a good job of showing the new family relationships and such. There will undoubtedly be much more to come next Friday. Now if that's a letdown, I'll allow myself to be disappointed.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,449 Member
    edited February 2023
    The idea is to keep expectations as close to reality as possible.
    Enjoy what is done instead of be disappointed by unrealistic dreams.

Keep in mind the trailers are never the game.

4q76q8i6qjc7.jpg
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I liked the trailer, and for the most part, I’m fine with the Sims Team unveiling more content during the livestream. However, it’s going to be a bummer if the livestream encounters technical issues, because they typically don’t add that time back into the stream to show off more gameplay.

My hope is that if there truly is so much more gameplay features in this pack, that the features are adequately showcased during the stream. Crossing my fingers for a two hour stream, but I’ll settle for one hour if I have to.
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    I wonder if door bells are coming to the game.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    I'm more of a fairy tale family player than a realism family player.
    I'm very much excited for the new Family Dynamic. This will so come in handy for some of my selected households because they so need to be more Dyfunctional Families.
    For example:
    In my Cinderella household, the Wicked Stepmother & Druzella will be close to each other but have the Difficult Dynamic, Anastasa will be close to Druzella but Distant Dyamic to her Mother
    & Cinderella will have the Difficult Dynamic with her Stepmother & Druzella but close to Anastasa.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Holiday wrote: »
    Well that trailer wasn't very good, was it?

It kinda felt like they wanted to explain Family Dynamics, Milestones and Social Compatibility but it was not more than them just showing why sims will like and dislike each other now.

But, you see? That's what makes this so exciting. For the longest time people have complained there's not much depth to this game. I'm finding it a tad amusing, that now when the attempt is made to do just that, some are seeing it as one big yawn-fest. I just don't know …

This. The dynamics and social features are the depth people were asking for! It will add another layer to sims relationships and personalities 🤗Something I had no special interest in until this pack came along. Now I'm seeing all the potential and I'm already plotting on my sims lives.
    I personally don't think the trailer was the best but the content itself is gold.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    The gameplay trailer is actually really clever, but it's subtle.

Grandpa rings the bell:

1st time - Outside/Our perspective - All shocked, parents a little apprehensive, kid excited, Grandpa hugs everyone except Chris who he seems awkward with.

2nd time - Parents' perspective - Close to each other, kids and Celeste close to dad.

3rd time - Grandpa's perspective - Protective of Celeste, doesn't see what Celeste sees in Chris due to incompatibility, older and set in his ways/unwilling to change?

4th time - Infant's perspective - She is just being a baby, doing baby things and kind of oblivious.

5th time - Child's perspective - Excited, feels like he's been playing second fiddle to his sister since her arrival, clicks with Grandpa so they are best buds.

I love this analysis!! Very nice catch. I didn't get that so now I'm going to watch it again.
  • Options
    @Vyolla.
    I love your prospective of the trailer also 👏👏👏👏
    I'm very excited as well and hearing you all give a more detailed breakdown of the trailer makes me more excited. We complained about sims lackluster reactions for years.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Very underwhelming (as usual).

They could have called it: The Sims4: Exploring the Social Compatibility and Family Dynamics System'' trailer.

I feel your cynicism. I prefer to be more positive. But, to each their own.

Yup. That's kinda what you get by being disappointed for years on end.

I am glad you like it though.
  • Options
    Very underwhelming (as usual).

They could have called it: The Sims4: Exploring the Social Compatibility and Family Dynamics System'' trailer.

I feel your cynicism. I prefer to be more positive. But, to each their own.

Yup. That's kinda what you get by being disappointed for years on end.

I am glad you like it though.

And I am hoping you will be pleasantly surprised. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,361 Member
    Did anyone else pick up on the kid (Atlas) staying over at Grandpa's place at least once? The scene where grandpa pranked him, the bedroom is different.
    I'm hoping that means your sim can have sleepovers at other sims houses now.
    And yeah, they're going to need to fix the "That's inappropriate" thing if that's the case. At least for family.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,946 Member
    I wish they had shown some of the new games and the puzzles. I'm really hoping one sim can work on a puzzle at their home with no one helping.

When I was in my 20s I used to make minimum wage and most of my paycheck went towards rent. I couldn't afford anything for the walls so I used to buy puzzles. I would put them together, glue them, and hang them on the wall with tacks because renting. I didn't want to put nails in the walls.

It'd be great if one sim can work on a puzzle in their home. I know hanging them on the wall would be a bit too much but I can take a picture and put that on the wall with a frame.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    The gameplay trailer is actually really clever, but it's subtle.

Grandpa rings the bell:

1st time - Outside/Our perspective - All shocked, parents a little apprehensive, kid excited, Grandpa hugs everyone except Chris who he seems awkward with.

2nd time - Parents' perspective - Close to each other, kids and Celeste close to dad.

3rd time - Grandpa's perspective - Protective of Celeste, doesn't see what Celeste sees in Chris due to incompatibility, older and set in his ways/unwilling to change?

4th time - Infant's perspective - She is just being a baby, doing baby things and kind of oblivious.

5th time - Child's perspective - Excited, feels like he's been playing second fiddle to his sister since her arrival, clicks with Grandpa so they are best buds.

I love this analysis!! Very nice catch. I didn't get that so now I'm going to watch it again.

Compare this game play trailer to the one they did for Seasons, there is nothing subtle there, it is just great
  • Options
    I understand completely @Gordy.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,437 Member
    edited February 2023
    I am keeping my expectations super low and not allowing any type of excitement to build up inside.

But, I was actually disappointed with the trailer, there was no "gameplay" in it. I was expecting to learn or at least see more of what's included.

And like @Gordy said, EVERY time they try to add something to enhance/better the personalities, it's a fail. It makes things worse, they make no sense, it's just not good, so this system I have been super afraid of what they implemented. It always looks good on paper or when they are describing the new system, but it is always a horrible or lacking system, at least for me. And then I have to go find another mod, once again to either tone it down, make it actually, make sense, or to shut it off.

I just hope that everybody who is super excited for this, gets exactly what they were hoping for because the disappointment could be massive.
  • Options
    LonelyWolfTalesLonelyWolfTales Posts: 44 Member
    edited February 2023
    like @Gordy said, EVERY time they try to add something to enhance/better the personalities, it's a fail. It makes things worse, they make no sense, it's just not good, so this system I have been super afraid of what they implemented. It always looks good on paper or when they are describing the new system, but it is always a horrible or lacking system, at least for me. And then I have to go find another mod, once again to either tone it down, make it actually, make sense, or to shut it off.

Agree entirely. I noticed that I always get excited for all of those enhancing systems, but forget about them as soon as they are released because really, all I want is more sim interactions. Not moodlets, not popup screens, not notifications or phone calls - actual interactions between sims. Such a shame we don't get much of those.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Thread title changed to match the new trailer title.

The "Official Gameplay Trailer" has been renamed to a "Feature Overview Trailer" likely due to complaints of "Is that all?" No. No it isn't.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,449 Member
    edited February 2023
    It's similar to EP03 City Living and the specific gameplay trailers :
    • Apartment
    • Neighborhoods
    • Festivals

But it doesn't explain why the blog #2 told less than the trailer. The non-english players appreciate to read the translated infos.