The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Feature Overview Trailer

Comments

• Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 682 Member
    Well that trailer wasn't very good, was it?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2023
    Peral wrote: »
    I don't undeerstand how this new relationship system differ from the one already in the game

Currently certain traits/skills conversational topics/socials/activities will cause set positive/negative reactions in other sims with complementary/contradictive traits/preferemces.

E.G. Lazy sims not being enthusiastic about Fitness discussion.

I assume that could be bypassed with this new system by making a a Lazy sim who is interested in Active sims.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited February 2023
    Holiday wrote: »

I think we are all just collectively disappointed that it was not Whalebert who came to visit

worst anime betrayals
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,485 Member
    edited February 2023
    I imagine the "Stop by" bug : Parents harassing their adult children everyday :D

"Dad, go home !"
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,976 Member

It wasn't the best trailer but I'm more interested in the content! Really looking foward to the livestream even though I just have to catch the replay.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    edited February 2023
    I was able to watch it over on Twitter earlier today. I'm even more excited about this pack than before. I really love the implementation on the dynamics of personalities and how we can set the level of closeness, or not, between family members. (And I fear the bugs.) But, even with bugs I've been able to enjoy MWS and even HSYs, to a degree. Enough that I use them. I was delighted at the older brother's mixed emotions over his little sister. On the one hand, he's very aware he's no longer the singular focus of his parents, and therefore views Ryan as the enemy. Yet, there is a scene were he's totally a wonderful big brother, giving her a kiss on the head and then playing peek-a-boo with her. Sums up my own relationship with my older brother. He was four and a half when I came along. I was both the enemy and his little sister whom he must protect. LOL Rest his soul, I do miss him.

I also really like the protective nature toward his daughter, Grandpa Sebastian displays, and how that splatters over into this tentative relationship with his son-in-law. This will likely be game-changing! Almost makes we wish to start my Cantrell family over again, and wait on having a baby. (Just kidding.) Already, I can see Captain Drake Golden having issues over his future Rock Star son-in-law. He's a great musician that Drake enjoys watching, until Erik casts his glance at Kayleigh. My late grandmother loved my late Dad (he was a boarder in her house) until he got interested in her only daughter, my late mother. This aspect is just too real life, but I'm loving it. Bring on the drama!

Oh, and it was also fun to see the Child Sim pop a wheelie on his bike!
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Very underwhelming (as usual).

They could have called it: The Sims4: Exploring the Social Compatibility and Family Dynamics System'' trailer.

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,754 Member
    It would not taken them much efforts to show of a few seconds from a few other lots, but then I find the dynamics interesting, and I had to watch the trailer several times to catch all the info. So, I guess it was an informative trailer, although perhaps not very exciting drama wise.

(Expression on the infant's face when hearing the door bell made up for that, LOL)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Very underwhelming (as usual).

They could have called it: The Sims4: Exploring the Social Compatibility and Family Dynamics System'' trailer.

I feel your cynicism. I prefer to be more positive. But, to each their own.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,766 Member

It kinda felt like they wanted to explain Family Dynamics, Milestones and Social Compatibility but it was not more than them just showing why sims will like and dislike each other now.
  • Options
    It would not taken them much efforts to show of a few seconds from a few other lots, but then I find the dynamics interesting, and I had to watch the trailer several times to catch all the info. So, I guess it was an informative trailer, although perhaps not very exciting drama wise.

(Expression on the infant's face when hearing the door bell made up for that, LOL)

Really? You don't see the tension between a father-in-law and his son-in-law potential drama? I do. Also, big brother was all sweet to baby sister while the parents were around, but he totally views her as the Enemy. She's usurped his position in the family. Talk about sibling rivalry. Oh, well. Not all EPs are for everyone. Shrug.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »

It kinda felt like they wanted to explain Family Dynamics, Milestones and Social Compatibility but it was not more than them just showing why sims will like and dislike each other now.

But, you see? That's what makes this so exciting. For the longest time people have complained there's not much depth to this game. I'm finding it a tad amusing, that now when the attempt is made to do just that, some are seeing it as one big yawn-fest. I just don't know …
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Also, it seemed like it was the same visit played multiple times from different points of view. Each sim's perception of it was a bit different. Every time Grandpa knocks on the door, you see someone else's perspective.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,541 Member

It was kind of 'meh' if you ask me. Not good but also not bad. It is nice that they mention family dynamics but I was hoping to find out more about how they actually work.
  • Options
    edited February 2023

Unlike the previous EP Gameplay Trailers, it wasn't a showcase of the whole pack.

Globally GP05 Parenthood gameplay trailer gave more infos in 2 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lfeLagBUME
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    The gameplay trailer is actually really clever, but it's subtle.

Grandpa rings the bell:

1st time - Outside/Our perspective - All shocked, parents a little apprehensive, kid excited, Grandpa hugs everyone except Chris who he seems awkward with.

2nd time - Parents' perspective - Close to each other, kids and Celeste close to dad.

3rd time - Grandpa's perspective - Protective of Celeste, doesn't see what Celeste sees in Chris due to incompatibility, older and set in his ways/unwilling to change?

4th time - Infant's perspective - She is just being a baby, doing baby things and kind of oblivious.

5th time - Child's perspective - Excited, feels like he's been playing second fiddle to his sister since her arrival, clicks with Grandpa so they are best buds.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    EmmaVane wrote: »

But the side effect it repeats several times the same things (Family Dynamic + Milestones + Social Compatibility) during 2 min

It looks like a Game Pack trailer instead of an Expansion Pack trailer.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options

But the side effect it repeat several times the same things (Family Dynamic + Milestones + Social Compatibility) during 2 min

It looks like a Game Pack instead of an Expansion Pack.

I'll just leave this here...
  • Options
    edited February 2023

But the side effect it repeat several times the same things (Family Dynamic + Milestones + Social Compatibility) during 2 min

It looks like a Game Pack instead of an Expansion Pack.

I'll just leave this here...

In that case it's a Gameplay teaser :p
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited February 2023
    I just always find it tad tiresome when there is new pack and its like

new info!
    but wait for another day for new info!
    oh thats actually just teaser for new info that comes next month!
    next month : here is cute video but actually the info is only in the stream thats next week!

like geez just tell me the info already or just say when its out from get go

by the time the info is out i am already so tired of the thing that i am just like eh thats nice what else tho

really i ought to have learned already to not even look at packs before release date
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,766 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I just always find it tad tiresome when there is new pack and its like

new info!
    but wait for another day for new info!
    oh thats actually just teaser for new info that comes next month!
    next month : here is cute video but actually the info is only in the stream thats next week!

like geez just tell me the info already or just say when its out from get go

by the time the info is out i am already so tired of the thing that i am just like eh thats nice what else tho

really i ought to have learned already to not even look at packs before release date

Same here, especially after High School Years... I am only going to go by content that they are actually showing from now on, not content that they are "hinting" or "keeping a secret".
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 681 Member
    I think the features shown in the trailer (milestones, family dynamics and social compatibility) are the largest portion of the gameplay. As long as they are detailed enough I'm cool with that. More complex social gameplay is the biggest thing missing from the game imo.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,142 Member
    I was pleased with the trailer and what was shared with us. We can't expect to be told everything about the EP before the LP stream. And the fact we are getting a small amount of information allows us to take it in and understand the basics of the EP. How it will all work for each player will be known as soon as we actually play with the new content.

My main take away from the trailer is the fact our elder citizens will now play a larger role in the lives of their offspring and in the lives of the grandkids. As a family player I can't wait to see this in my game. Up till now our elders were overlooked as still being a vital part of our Sims's lives once their kids marry and have families of their own. I can see the drama that no doubt will pop up, as well as the 'awww' moments that will melt our hearts.

Two minutes isn't enough time to cover everything that will be in the EP as well as in the update. I have a pretty good idea of what will be added to the game. I just don't know how it all fits together yet. But I wouldn't go so far as to call it a game pack. Everyone has a different opinion that depends on what they want from this EP. From what I have seen in the two trailers and what little info the gurus have shared on other social media sites, I believe this one is a keeper. Oh, there will be some issues along the way. There is no way of getting around that. But the reward for being patient will be worth it in the long run.
  • Options
    Also, it seemed like it was the same visit played multiple times from different points of view. Each sim's perception of it was a bit different. Every time Grandpa knocks on the door, you see someone else's perspective.

Since they did mention it was all a matter of perspective, I think this was a great way to illustrate that point. Good catch.
  • Options
    Personally, I like to be surprised when the new EP is released. I'm glad they don't reveal every little thing about it. For me, it's so much fun to stumble across something I had no idea was in there.