Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• Options
    DeeSimsGirlDeeSimsGirl Posts: 96 Member
    You can’t disable death you can only stop aging
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited August 2022
    Hello!

I have a problem with sims4, death. I do not like the fact that sims die. I tried entering a cheat called "death.toggle off." I also tried to turn off lunar effects, temperature effects, and auto aging. Still, another sim had died. I tried to not save the game so that I could go back in time to see how the death had happened. However, when I visited the sim's house, the one that almost died, that sim did not die. I think there is a bug or a glitch in the program. Can you help me stop complete death in Sims4?

Thank you!

This hasn't been updated since "Discover University", but should help to prevent deaths.
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/death/

Without mods, make sure auto aging is off. Also cheat in enough satisfaction points for "potion of Youth" for all your played Sims.

You probably already know that. As for random deaths? It can be unavoidable. Played and Un-played Sims should have Household stories turned off, at least for the death part.

Since I use a few of the "Big" mods, I haven't really had much problems with deaths. However, when a Sim character does die, with the mods the resurrection doesn't work when they are a ghost.

(Honestly, I often have the other problem where I create a back family for some sims just for the history on the simology tree, but can't get them to die, lol!)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Hi @Kylaa and welcome to the forum :) Congratulations on the new little one, enjoy your quiet gaming time while you can :o
  • Options
    ThePetSimThePetSim Posts: 7 New Member
    Sims sleeping or busy? Speed up time so you aren’t just waiting!
    Want an easy game? Don’t choose bad/annoying traits. For example, the neat freak one might not be that good because it affects mood negatively when it’s dirty (tho it makes the sim happy if it’s clean. But it’s not worth it I don’t think.)
    Unless ur sim has like 10 mins to bladder failure do not replace toilet/shower/stove/etc unless you have a lot of saved money. And keep one person fixing it so they have a good repair skill. (I’m too lazy to do this tbh, but I have a lot of money-)
    Pay attention to your sim’s wants! These are the bubbles over their heads where you see their emotions and stuff. I had a sim get tense once because I didn’t want to complete the thing where they wanted to go to the bar bc I thought it was a waste of time.
    If a sim is in the shower or toilet don’t make a sim go to the bathroom! It will just make them both embarrassed, and it probably won’t even make them complete the action! (Unless your sim is about to have bladder failure or if this is even possible like die of low hygiene)
  • Options
    ThePetSimThePetSim Posts: 7 New Member
    Also just use premade houses or gallery, and add extra beds or change them. I did this (I had to add an extra bed and stuff and also when I got the pet thing I needed like 3 more rooms, one outside training hoop course, one cat room, and one dog room.
  • Options
    Tuky16Tuky16 Posts: 1 New Member
    I want to share this website where I get cheats and errors: https://xboxplay.games/the-sims-4/-how-to-fix-the-script-call-failed-error-29260
  • Options
    marizmariz Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, trying to log in through the game but it's not working.How can I fix this?thank you in advance.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    mariz wrote: »
    Hi, trying to log in through the game but it's not working.How can I fix this?thank you in advance.

Have you alread looked at AHQ?
  • Options
    Hi @LittleMissFleur and welcome to the forum :)
  • Options
    OzambersandOzambersand Posts: 12 New Member
    I’m interested in posting a challenge I created. I found the correct area (I think) but gather I need to be a full member before starting a new thread. I have 16 points so far, but need another nine, right?
    Also, I have a number of builds in my Gallery catalogue. How do I link to the specific ones for my challenge?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    I’m interested in posting a challenge I created. I found the correct area (I think) but gather I need to be a full member before starting a new thread. I have 16 points so far, but need another nine, right?
    Also, I have a number of builds in my Gallery catalogue. How do I link to the specific ones for my challenge?

@Ozambersand, plus you also need 15 posts as well to complete the 3 part process of becoming a full member. You have an 8 post count now, so the best place to get the rest of your count up would to go over to the Off Topic section or the Sims Franchise section and comment in some of those threads... :)
  • Options
    Hi @Ozambersand and welcome to the forum! Looking forward to hearing about your challenge. I gave you an Awesome to help you on your way :)
  • Options
    Thank you!
    I ended up just posting them as comments in the Challenge thread. One is an extreme Loner challenge, the other a Freegan. The latter is a variant of an existing challenge with a couple of twists.
  • Options
    Here they are:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18177976/#Comment_18177976

And

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18178160/#Comment_18178160
  • Options
    ElleLaAmourElleLaAmour Posts: 360 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm brand new to the game and the forums and I was just wondering if there was a thread containing a list of your Favorite places for downloading cc? I haven't been able to find one yet. Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi. I'm very new to the forums and don't know where else to ask this, but is there a way to change the order of the posts... like from newest to oldest and vice versa?
  • Options
    Just one more question please, and then I'll be quiet for a while. I changed my ID after making my first post and it worked everywhere except for here on the forum. Milo is my dog's name. My new ID is ElleLaAmore. Am I forever stuck with my dog's name on my post? lol
  • Options
    Hi @JessM and @MiloTL / Elle welcome to the forum :)
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    MiloTL wrote: »
    Just one more question please, and then I'll be quiet for a while. I changed my ID after making my first post and it worked everywhere except for here on the forum. Milo is my dog's name. My new ID is ElleLaAmore. Am I forever stuck with my dog's name on my post? lol

@MiloTL, You can ask EA_Cade for a name change over on his page...😀
  • Options
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > @MiloTL, You can ask EA_Cade for a name change over on his page...😀

Thank you so much lisasc360! I just asked Mr. Cade and I'm sure he'll help me out.
  • Options
    Hi again. I have so many questions that I can't find the answers to, so I hope this is the best place to ask. When using cheats, I get a conformation for about half of them saying the cheat is turned on, but about half of them don't confirm positively or negatively either way. Is that normal or could I be doing something wrong? I trust the cheats are correct because I've seen them listed several times through multiple sources. Thank you.