Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 147 Member
    Snookums, you may be able to go into a previous save version from your games save files and take the game to before she died from the death flower. Just do a quick google search or forum help search for instructions for the platform you are using to play. Fingers crossed for you.
  • Options
    you're very welcome. happy to hear you were able to get it back. I didn't find out about that trick in time with my first generations challenge. It was heartbreaking to lose that game.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    Hi again. I have so many questions that I can't find the answers to, so I hope this is the best place to ask. When using cheats, I get a conformation for about half of them saying the cheat is turned on, but about half of them don't confirm positively or negatively either way. Is that normal or could I be doing something wrong? I trust the cheats are correct because I've seen them listed several times through multiple sources. Thank you.

Most common cheats give a confirmation, but some of the cheats to show hidden or debug objects don’t seem to. I know they’re on because my Build/Buy menu suddenly expands.

And welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    @Snookums Definitely. Have played many different challenges since then. Currently prepping to start a new one that will be a merge of shipwrecked, rags to riches and legacy. Still trying to sort out the basic challenge plotline before I start.
  • Options
    AnimangaGirlAnimangaGirl Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm having some issues I lost my previous account and had to start a new one T-T I'm sad I was registered in here from so long. I don't know how this happened. Now I have to be a new member T-T
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Sorry to hear that @AnimangaGirl and welcome back. I gave you an Awesome to help you out :)
  • Options
    Hi @illBill and @LadyBeatrix welcome :)
  • Options
    ElleLaAmourElleLaAmour Posts: 360 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Hi again. I have so many questions that I can't find the answers to, so I hope this is the best place to ask. When using cheats, I get a conformation for about half of them saying the cheat is turned on, but about half of them don't confirm positively or negatively either way. Is that normal or could I be doing something wrong? I trust the cheats are correct because I've seen them listed several times through multiple sources. Thank you.

Most common cheats give a confirmation, but some of the cheats to show hidden or debug objects don’t seem to. I know they’re on because my Build/Buy menu suddenly expands.

And welcome to the forum.

Thank you cyncie, that's what I needed to know. I wasn't sure if I had the cheats correct.
  • Options
    storymingstoryming Posts: 28 Member
    Hi! Newbie here. I cannot seem to access the page reviewing the Forum Rules?
  • Options
    storymingstoryming Posts: 28 Member
    Also - 1. can anyone tell me how to upload an avatar from Sims 4? (all the discussion threads on this topic seem to be re: Sims 3, and the advice does not seem to apply in Sims 4)

and, 2. just wondering in building a home for a new household (one Sim and one pet), how do I calculate the funds I should still have left over to live on until Sim can start a job?
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited September 2022
    @storyming

Welcome to the forum!

Forum rules can be found here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

You won’t be able to upload an avatar until you become a full member. Keep posting in threads and as you get likes/awesomes and insightful responses, you “level up” and will be able to start topics,share links, upload pics and avatars. To upload an avatar, you can use a screenshot from your game. It will be uploaded from your profile page. Go to the drop down menu on the right hand corner and select preferences. On the left hand menu select “Change my Picture.” You can then browse your device for the picture you want to use. To upload screenshots, you will need to use an image hosting site that you can link to.

As for beginning lots, all single sims start with 20,000 simoleons, so a starter home has to come in under that amount with some to spare. In Build, you can check the lot info to see how much the home you’re building costs. You can start a job right away to get funds coming in for expenses. The bigger and fancier the house, the more taxes and expenses it will have, so keep your starter home fairly basic until your sim is bringing home some moolah. Or, you can use the “Kaching” or “mother lode” money cheat if you don’t want to wait that long.

Once again, welcome and happy simming!

• Options
    christyb2852christyb2852 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi there everyone :)

I have only just noticed that even though I have been on this forum for quite a while, I have never actually introduced myself (I don't think)!

My name is Christy and I have been playing The Sims for a very long time (since Sims 2 I believe but I love to play other sim games like SimCity). I am from Australia, 46 years old and love to both build and play different storylines in the Sims.

It is amazing all the builds and sims that I have witnessed over the years which also gave me the courage to start building different lots and sims :) I am still learning all about the building process and maybe one day will even start to learn how to do CC as well - just not quite confident in that area just yet!

If you would like to visit my gallery and check out what I have built/created so far please look up my username (christyb2852) :)

Thanks for reading and hope everyone has a great day!
  • Options
    Hi @christyb2852 and welcome :)
  • Options
    christyb2852christyb2852 Posts: 7 New Member
    Thankyou mightysprite :)
  • Options
    > @mightysprite said:
    > Sorry to hear that @AnimangaGirl and welcome back. I gave you an Awesome to help you out :)

Thank u its kinda sad I had over 1k comments here T-T
    I really don't know how I lost my account xD but well...
  • Options
    Anyway if u find another AnimangaGirl in the forum with an anime image its me xD
    I'm from Portugal been fan of the sims since sims 2, I was 11 years old xD I'm 32 now, still a big fan of the sims I still play the sims 2 sometimes when I get tired of the sims 4 glitches xD

I have a degree in animation and illustrator from UK but I enjoy more illustration than animation xD animation is hard work specially my favourite that is 2d animation. I really want to work with games and movies in the future. The only thing that is stopping me from being a mod creator for the sims is my laziness xD but I really want to make my own designs for the sims xD my dream is to make my own game one day xD

I've been away from the forums from awhile cuz I stopped playing the sims but now I've returned xD the sims is my perdition cuz everytime I come back to play the game I lose track of time and life and its like I only live for the game xD
  • Options
    Hi @BeckyBowie and welcome :)