Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Schemes and Dreams

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,961 Member
    @Ellupelluellu Thank you❤️
    The sudden change in Judith and Rayvn’s story is something that took me by surprise. I never planned for occults to play a role in either story. The inclusion of vampires started as a what if? What might happen if they encountered real vampires while they were looking around. That’s the big question I’m wrestling with right now, do I go with this new storyline, or do I make it just a brief arc and have them decide you know what, we’ll film the movie in Del Sol Valley where it’s safer. There will be absolutely no occults in Under The Tartosan Sun so you will never have that shock in that one😁
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,487 Member
    Oh my goodness, that was great to read!
    Haha Ravyn is exactly me in the morning😆 how do people wake up before 7am and become fully fuctional?😅 Congratulations Ravyn! The dress looks stunning! Her performance was great, also have’t heard that song by Pink in so long. Love Barricuda so much! Perfect choice of songs🤩👌 You write so well in detail! I was able to imagine Ravyn throughout the car ride to Forgotten Hollow. Oof the driver really wanted to dip, should’ve expected since he kept rubbing his crucifix😭 Can’t blame him though, knowing disappearances are known to happen. Haha Ravyns line cracked me up, “don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore”🤣 OOF Judith, should’ve not said that. I can see why Ravyn couldn’t keep eye contact too long with Elle. 😵😵 Ravyn too! Woah Elle’s plans for Judith! And for Ravyn😟 Really great chapter and writing! Can’t wait for the next👀
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu I had a lot more to say but I was still at work and the boss was coming so I had cut my comments short.
    I'm home now and I have a bit more time talk. I'll have even more time later tonight. Anyway, I'l back up and answer the topics in order. First off, don't worry about being late commenting. I encourage my readers to go at their own pace. This chapter was timed kind of badly with it being St. Patrick's Day on Friday and then right into the weekend. People had a lot of other fun things to do.

Rayvn says thank you...and send help, please!🫣

Mimi's natural look is blonde. I have been guilty of not showing them off stage so far, but that is about to change. We're still going to see Mimi on stage but we're also going to see Mimi's everyday life. That big lavender hairstyle is just Lady Mimi's wig. Just like the blonde one was in this chapter. The lavender wig, the rainbow dress, and the outlandish makeup are part of Lady Mimi's camp look. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the term 'camp' or 'campy' but it's a slang word for over-the-top, outrageous, sort of silly. A caricature. A drag queen who has a camp persona will exaggerate their makeup, dress, and...ahem, assets. They take all the usual visual feminine queues and make them all look exaggerated They aren't trying to look like your average woman. A look like Mimi had in this last chapter would be more like a gender illusionist. It's about trying to 'pass' as a woman, to look like a glamorous female, to create the illusion.

As I was saying before the boss interrupted me.😠 I never had any plans for having occults of any kind in this story, definitely not in UtTS. They will never be a part of UtTS, 100% they won't. I think what is making it so hard for me to choose where to go with this storyline at the moment is, frankly I feel guilty for springing this twist on my readers so unexpectedly. I originally had planned for Judith and Rayvn to encounter some 'locals' and have it get a bit weird and maybe uncomfortable for them. Then I started writing and it just snowballed and turned into something vastly different than what I had in mind. I'm really struggling with this. How far do I push this storyline? How quickly should I try to get it back on the original path? Should I embrace this new direction? I have a lot to sort out before I post the next chapter later in the week. I truly appreciate hearing your thoughts about this new storyline. I write for my readers as much as I do myself. I currently have two versions that lead up to deciding their fate from this point on. One follows a difficult path and the other goes into darker and more dramatic territory. But that darker one explores the minds of these two. What is Rayvn willing to do to get where she wants to go in life and what is Judith willing to do to keep what she has? How will their answers to those questions and their actions affect their relationship? Where will all of that lead and what ripples will it send through the rest of the story...depending on which direction I end up going? I welcome any and all insights that readers care to share as I mull this over.😁
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves Thank you❤️
    I'm really touched by the compliments for my writing.🙂 I'm so happy that readers are enjoying the story so much. We'll see where it goes next. There are two immediate directions it can go but after that there so many possibilities. Either way it goes, this storyline is already a major departure from what I usually do. I used to play occults all the time but they were way more warm and fuzzy than Elle and Lilith.🫣
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,940 Member
    This is the place to celebrate the fun and the outrageousness that is the art of drag.

Yes indeed!
    After all, if we can't do that, what the heck are we fighting for?

Regarding Judith and Ravyn's trip,
    I was wondering if there was just a tiny chance they were in a movie somehow?
    .... probably not
    (unless they're going for some kind of extreme cinema verite where the cast doesn't realize they're in a movie, and the special effects people are very, very, very good?)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,010 Member
    Thanks for your reply :)
    You must be guessed by now that my question in that storytelling thread was because of this update :)
    Even so I did not had real negative feedback about the vampire part, but I did not take it so positive either, especially after reading other comments a bit.

So I was pondering should I say how I felt or not, as I could of easily just say the positives, as I said, I do am very interested to see how things turn out for those two ladies :smiley:

Would of felt pretty weird to skip that part totally in comments, imo, as it was the major part of the update :) Your reply in that thread made me to tell how I felt.

Oh, yes I did wonder is the exaggeration in purpose, good to know i was not totally clueless then :D

ps. nice to know there arent gonna be werebeasts at Tartosa :D Again, nothing against, I wanted that pack maybe most of all packs, but... you know :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,671 Member
    Some thoughts...
    I think the new chapter took us by surprise.

For one thing it's a fairly radical shift in direction. I don't think most of us expected this storyline based on what had come before (though I do think Ravyn's audition foreshadowed it a little).

For another, it is a much darker tone than any Tartosan Sun fan would expect from @DaniRose2143. We're used to bright, happy, romantic stories where the good guys win and the bad guys, if they exist at all, are quickly vanquished by our loving and supportive heroes. I think it's really interesting to see our author exploring something different.

Pondering further, I don't think it's actually the Occults element that throws me as much as the unexpectedly dark storyline. We could have had the same effect with Judith and Ravyn being kidnapped by dark and gritty but otherwise ordinary gangsters.

By the same token, unlike @Ellupelluellu, I wouldn't be completely surprised by werewolves showing up on Danielle and Londyn's doorstep... if it was a loving, romantic and supportive couple who just happened to be hot tempered and disappeared into the Tartosan hills on the night of the full moon.

Just my $.02, for whatever it's worth.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    @luciusstorm
    hehe, your description of those furbeasts made me giggle :p For me, if speaking of Tartosa, and now i am speaking more of the world itself than the story , I can picture merfolks on their doorstep, if needed... also spellcasters , vampires or even aliens if I really try, but in my headcanon werewolves and Tartosa dont fit :D

@DaniRose2143
    I forgot to mention I love that you used Elle, she gets so little love usually when talking about premade vampires :)
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Thank you all for your input. It was fun to try something different, but that was just too different. It's just not what I write and that was a big part of my indecision on which way to go with the next chapter. I'm actually glad it got such mixed reviews, or even negative ones. I don't feel like I have to keep going with a writing style that I think I can pull off in the short term, but I know I can't keep up. As I worked on the following chapter(s), what I was writing was flowing but at the same time it felt like a burden. I knew I couldn't keep on writing material like that for very long. So thank you for giving me such wonderful feedback.🙂

I promise there will be drama and some humor too as they make their escape.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @DaniRose2143 At the end of the day, it’s your story and it needs to feel right to you. If something feels off, it’s worth trusting your gut instinct.

Honestly, if you want to explore occults in your game and write a story, why not create a new universe with occults?
    I love everything you have written, but even I wasn’t expecting real vampires in Schemes and Dreams.

Something I realized in my own story was that there are twists that you think are awesome, but it can create confusion when it comes too sudden and with minimal explanation.

I don’t think your approach to introducing vampires was bad or unsustainable… it just happened so sudden and broke some of the expectations that were built up from past chapters.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited March 2023
    As for occults in stories, it’s possible to include humor and darker themes at the same.

Most people that follow my updates know that I’m a fan of merfolk, but one of the many reasons why I love merfolk, merfolk myths, merfolk fairytales, and merfolk folklore has a lot to do with where merfolk live.

The ocean has a fantastic duality I draw a lot of inspiration from, and I like to think it influences the nature of the merfolk in my story.

The ocean is both a beautiful place and filled with danger. It’s dark and it’s bright. Some things sea creatures do will make you laugh and smile, other times, there are some very scary creatures in the deep. It’s both the good and bad, and you can’t experience the ocean without the possibility of encountering both sides of a duality.

In real life, outside the realm of fiction, or in the real world, it’s not impossible to have two conflicting elements in the same space. It happens all the time, and it’s a part of the complexity of life.
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice
    You are totally right. The idea for their trip to Forgotten Hollow going so wrong came to me suddenly and I ran with it and didn't think about how it fit into the overall story until after I had posted it. I probably won't have another chapter ready this week at this point. I went so crazy writing that storyline that it was the only material I had ready to go. I ran it through a word counter and it was close to 6100 words. That's roughly half again, maybe even double, what a normal three storyline chapter is and it was all dedicated to one. I am a fan of occult sims and I haven't played with them much since July and I just went crazy. Doing a third story right now isn't very likely but when the time comes and either Schemes or Tartosan Sun wraps up I will look at doing an occult story.
  • Options
    Chapter Five: Salvation

It was Inna's job to watch over the servants as they moved Rayvn and Judith back to the house they were staying at. It wasn't the first time she'd been here doing this very thing. Leading one of Elle or Lilith's victims to whatever fate those two had chosen for them. The leaden sky was the perfect match for her mood. This never got easier. How many victims had she watched become prisoners in Forgotten Hollow? How many times had Elle or Lilith put her in this position? For that matter how long had it been since she was the one being led away to life she had not chosen? Time had no meaning to the immortal residents of Forgotten Hollow. Most people either go mad or they give in and go along. Inna existed somewhere in between. "Keep a close eye on these two" Lilith said. "I will return when Elle and I are ready to perform the ritual."
    scqag3A.png
    "As you wish Lady Vatore" was all Inna could muster. It had been all she could bring herself to say as soon as she saw Ivan's strange metal carriage arrive at the castle. She knew what was about to happen even if she had no idea who it was about to happen to. Lilith turned back to regard the sleeping figures and said over her shoulder, "Yes, the young one is going to make an exquisite addition to our little village." Lilith turned back to Inna. "She will make Caleb a most agreeable wife, in time, don't you think?" Lilith purred.
    RMDdJOh.png

"Yes Lady Vatore, she will indeed." Lilith gave a subtle sneer and then disappeared in a cloud of inky blackness. Inna pulled up a chair and waited for the women to stir. This gave her time to think. Inna knew she didn't want to see these women come to a bad end, but could she finally muster the courage to disobey Elle and Lilith? Could she help them escape without those two knowing she had a hand in it? Yes. She had to find a way to help these women get out of here.
    4FvOOY3.png

Soon the women began to slowly come back to the waking world. They were about to learn that in this case waking up only made the nightmare worse. Inna knew there was only the slightest of chances she could help them escape, the odds were overwhelmingly against them. A quiet fear gnawed at her. There was something about Lilith's sneer that felt odd. She put that aside quickly as Rayvn began to stir. "I would bid you good evening but I fear it has already been anything but good" she said from her seat across the room.

Rayvn let out a small scream as she finally registered the dead red eyes staring at her. "Who the hell are you? Oh you're that Irene...no, Iris... Aine.."

"My name is Inna Cents."
    AjJu3cd.png

"What do you want? Haven't you monsters done enough? You tried to kill us and for what!" Rayvn said, her voice steadily rising as she regained her strength.

"I did not attack you or harm you in any way..."

"So! What did you do to stop what was happening? Nothing!" Judith chimed in.

"Ladies, please accept my sincere apologies. I agree you were treated quite shabbily and you did nothing to deserve it. But in this world, Elle De Vampiro and Lilith Vatore are the rulers, and they are ruthless. Your fates were sealed the moment you got into Ivan's...car? I seem to recall him using that word to describe the strange carriage that he brings victims here in."

"You don't know what a car is? Seriously? This is 2023. Cars have been around for more than a century" Rayvn said.

"2023? As in the year 2023?"

"You're just playing dumb now. Not even you can be that clueless" Judith said acidly.

"There's no need to be mean. I was once in your place. Let us go down to the sitting room and continue our conversation. We shall all be more comfortable there."
    9GeVwrv.png

My husband and I were headed home from Windenberg. The trip to our home in Pest from Windenberg takes several days. On our first day after leaving Windenberg our coachman became lost in these mountains, or so we thought. He said we needed to find an inn to stay the night and he conveniently found the inn here. This very place in fact. That was it's purpose once. As you can see, we never left. Not because we didn't want to. Like you we never wanted to stay but once you come to Forgotten Hollow, Elle will never allow you to leave. No one ever has. Some have tried, but none have ever succeeded that I know of. I would like you two to be the first."

"Give me one good reason why I should believe you" Judith said. "I think you're just as bad as those other two. You're playing with me and you have some cruel game in mind. I will not be a plaything to torment. You will let me go."

"Hey! What's with all this 'I' and 'me' stuff!" Rayvn said.

"What? Oh seriously, I'm not going to leave you behind, but I'm going to handle these negotiations."

"I believe the both of you would do well to mind the way you talk to me. Despite your doubts, which I grant you are understandable as I am a vampire and a stranger, but I truly wish to help you. If I can't get you out of here at least we can possibly form a friendship. You cannot imagine what it's like to spend eternity in the same village with the same people. I really do wish to help you escape. Now can we please keep our conversations civil? If not, I'll summon Elle or Lilith and let them take care of you."
    pkZn657.png

"That's fair enough." Rayvn said shooting a glance at Judith who still looked on the verge of a meltdown. "I'm sure you can understand how we feel though, waking up to learn we're being held hostage by a village full of vampires. You said you were in our place once Inna."

"I was. I should say, we were. The man, Vlad Bloodvayne, who was seated across from you...what are your names?" she asked looking first at Judith. "I have been meaning to ask and I am ashamed I have not until now."

"You really are a fool if you don't know who..." Judith began before Rayvn stepped in to stop her making things worse.

"Judith! Stop! Take some deep breaths and get a hold of yourself. My friend here is the movie star, Judith Ward and I am Rayvn Nash."

"I would say I'm honored to meet you Rayvn but given the circumstances that feels quite inappropriate. Your friend Judith, at this moment not so much. My name is Inna Cents. Or it is now. When we came here we were Karoly and Anna Eros. Elle and Lilith give everyone here new names. In my case my new name was a mockery of my personality. I have never embraced the viciousness like most vampires do. My Karoly and I were madly in love until Elle erased his memory and remade him into Vlad Bloodvayne. My love for him is the reason I'm trapped here. Instead of fleeing while I still had the chance I stayed because I thought I could save him and we could escape together and resume our life. I was wrong."
    WfTdMur.png

"That's so sad, but oddly beautiful in a way. The things we do in the name of love. So how long have you been here?" Rayvn asked.

"We arrived here in 1768. I was born in 1747 I think. Or some time around then."

Judith's mind reeled as Inna recited the dates. It was a staggering thought to attempt to wrap one's head around. Rayvn had fixed Inna with a wide-eyed look of astonishment. When she regained her composure, she said, "There was a time not that long ago, watching shows like 'Twilight' I daydreamed about what it would be like to be swept off my feet and whisked away by a vampire. Back then I actually wanted to be a vampire. It's an entirely different story when you thought vampires were make believe, not real. The thought of actually becoming one has no appeal at all now. It might have something to do with the kidnapping and the complete lack of romance, but I really do not want to be a vampire."
    ma5tNVx.png

"Yes. You will find that the reality of life as a vampire is not terribly romantic. Even when you find yourself in love with one. This Twilight thing you spoke of, is that something to do with the movie star thing you also spoke of?"

"Yes in a way..."

"You can stay here and talk about Twilight with your new friend for the rest of eternity if you like Rayvn, but I want to talk about how I get out of here" Judith interjected. "Sorry. How we get out of here. This Elle woman doesn't realize the mistake she's making. I am famous and beloved by millions around the world. If I go missing there will be search parties combing the world looking for me."

"You would not be the first to make threats that people will come searching. She will summon you two to the castle tomorrow and you can plead your case but I do not believe she will be worried. She has powers and she can cast what she calls a 'glamour' that hides the village from the eyes of anyone outside of it. She will know if searchers are close and she will make the village vanish until they pass. Inna continued to explain how Elle and Lilith had taken over Forgotten Hollow and deposed Vlad Straud. She hadn’t been there when it happened. That all took place ten years before she had even been born, but the history was there to be discovered. Inna explained how an entire village had for the most part ceased to exist in the minds of most people while still physically existing.

“So what exactly is going to happen to us if we can’t escape?” Rayvn asked...

Deep within the Castle De Vampiro, Elle and Lilith lounge in front of the fireplace as they discuss their next moves. The two powerful women enjoyed a goblet of wine as they talked, and plotted.

"What shall we do with the older one?" Lilith said, "I think we should contact Andre and Serge and see what they can discover about her. I know you want to punish her for her impudence, as do I, but I think wiping away her memories of us and Forgotten Hollow and sending her back is the best solution."

"Possibly. I'm starting to think we should toss her in with the others we drink from and when her usefulness is done, drain her. What about the young one?"

"She is strong. She is the strongest woman yet. Her vitality is unlike any we have ever encountered. I believe we have found the third woman to rule with us. Even if we send the old one back I say we keep the young one. I have already discussed it with Caleb, and he is happy to take her for a wife. Not that I was going to allow either one of them any choice in the matter. The children she and Caleb will produce are destined to be very powerful vampires. With her beside us there would be nothing and no one we would have to fear."
    uj96hWQ.png
    "Did you turn her as I asked?"
    PjHRWgF.png

"Not yet” Lilith said. She rushed on knowing Elle was going to be less than pleased. “Her plasma tasted so divine I took a larger drink than I should have. I’m afraid she might not survive if I tried to turn her now. She was especially divine after having drunk from the old one. That one tasted as bitter and nasty as you would imagine.
    GZKy64Y.png

“Understandable. She is worth more to us alive. I value your opinion Lilith, but the older one must pay for her insults. I agree we should send word to Andre though. We will discuss her punishment after we hear what he has to say. I want to know how much trouble her disappearance might cause. In some form she will regret speaking as she did to us.”

“I believe it’s time we do something about Ivan as well. This is not the first time he has caused us problems. I say it should be the last. All the more so if Andre confirms our worst fears about the trouble she can cause.”

“Agreed. In fact send word to Ivan to come at once. Let us just have done with him once and for all.”
    EaR5DJP.png

“I will dispose of him personally the moment he arrives.”
    7KFtSsl.png

"You were right to distrust him. He has proven to be quite incapable of good judgement. If these women are well known he never should have brought them here. He should have refused or pretended to get lost and taken them back to Windenberg. His lack of judgement will be his downfall."

Inna and Rayvn spent the morning talking about life in Forgotten Hollow. The day was cloudy so Inna was eager to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. "I've spent the best part of two centuries having to avoid sunlight. Before I came here I used to love to go out in the sunshine and feel the warming rays. Now," she looked up at the overcast to where she thought the sun might be, "I can't even remember what it was like."TvCDd77.png

She gave a small laugh as they settled on a bench in the square. Rayvn was beginning to feel sorry for Inna and it helped to divert her thoughts from her own predicament. They left Judith behind. She was being difficult and they really needed a break from her. "I remember watching movies and tv shows where the cast wore clothes like this. I always wondered what it would be like to wear something like this. It's fun but I would love it a lot more if I wasn't here. Sorry Inna, I shouldn't have said that."
    "No need to say you are sorry Rayvn. It is true. I would love to go home but who knows if Pest is still there anymore. It has probably changed so much I would not recognize it, and even if I did I would not know how to live in the modern world." Inna's gaze slowly took in the village and then fixed on a spot somewhere far away. "This is my home now. I've come to accept it."

"Pest is still there" Judith said, her voice suddenly ringing out. "It's actually called Budapest, now that the two cities have combined into one. I followed you two because I wanted to say I'm sorry for how I acted earlier. I was out of line. I'm accustomed to being the one calling the shots and being adored."
    UXDWPcN.png

"That must have hurt to say. Apology accepted" Rayvn said.

"You have no idea child. And if we make it back to Del Sol Valley, you will not breathe a word of it to anyone."
    fiOCPQs.png

"I understand your feelings. You have been through a lot in a very short time and it is all very overwhelming. I accept your apology as well. Please join us."

As they sat and talked Inna noticed the ravens fly away from the castle towards Windenberg. She knew this meant that Elle and Lilith were sending messages to their contacts in the outside world. They were the only ones allowed to have contact with anyone outside of Forgotten Hollow or any of the tiny villages that were nestled in the valley nearby. Those villages were nearly as isolated and forgotten as Forgotten Hollow. It was where the vampires went to feed. It was by arrangement, if the villagers agreed to allow vampire invasions and kept their secrets they would be watched over by Elle and Lilith and the village coffers would be well funded. Inna began to wonder if this might provide an opening for Judith and Rayvn to escape. On occasion, after the ravens flew towards Windenberg men like Ivan and Andre would arrive in their strange carriages. What did these women call those things...cars?

"Earlier we were talking about those strange carriages that move without horses, cars I seem to remember you called them"
    Q2GMd6Q.png

"Yes, those are cars. I don't know much about them but I can try to answer any questions you have."

"Do you know how to make them move?"

"Drive them. Yes we can. We both know how to drive. Well I can if it isn't a stick."

"A stick? In your world people drive trees? I can see how those would be very difficult to operate."
    Pzs5kEf.png

Judith and Rayvn couldn't help a little laugh at the thought, and Inna's naivety. "No Inna. We don't drive trees. A stick is a type of transmission that is extremely difficult to operate. I'm like Rayvn, I can't drive a stick either."

"You're on to something aren't you, Inna."

"Occasionally after the ravens fly to Windenberg men arrive in those cars. If they do maybe you can take the car while they aren't looking and you can escape."

"Grand theft auto? You want us to steal a car?" Judith said with a look of mild disgust. Like she had just seen a spider descend from the ceiling right in front of her.

"Well, you could always get used to the idea of staying here for the rest of eternity" Rayvn said sarcastically. "I'll take my chances on being called a car thief."

"Good point." Judith said. "I assume you know how to hotwire cars don't you? You must have done at some point."

"What in the world makes you think that?"

"Well you have a leather jacket with designs on it and you live in the spice district. I just thought you had been a juvenile delinquent at some point."

"Oh gee thanks. No. I never was a criminal. I didn't grow up there, I only moved into the Spice District a few months ago. It gets an undeserved bad rep."

"The hard part is going to be getting you into a car if one shows up and then getting you out of here before Elle or Lilith realize you're gone."
    4NXFtxw.png

"Have you thought about coming with us if we can make our escape?"

"I can't. Elle performed the Ritual of Bonding on me soon after she turned me. I can't leave the valley."

"What would happen if you tried?" Judith asked.

"Once she binds you to Forgotten Hollow you can never cross the mountains to leave the valley."

"Have you tried?" Rayvn said

"No. It's impossible. No one has ever made it out successfully."

"If nobody has ever tried to escape then how do you know you can't. I've only known you for a day but I really don't want to leave you here with these monsters." Rayvn said. "You don't deserve this. With us to help you and teach you I think you would love the modern world. We would have to do something about your lack of sun resistance. It's sunny almost everyday in Del Sol Valley. Even if you didn't come with us and you went back to Pest, the sun would still be an issue."

"I can't leave Karoly. I know he hasn't been may Karoly in over two centuries. Not since Elle got her hands on him. He has no memory of us ever being married or even in love. But I still love him and even if we can never be husband and wife again I don't think I can just give up hope."

"That is so sweet. I can't make you leave, but after all this time if Karoly still has no memory of your life together he probably never will again. You'll be torturing yourself for Elle's enjoyment. You can mourn the loss and you can start a new life. You can live again."

"I will think about it. There are potions to grant sun resistance, and there is a cure for vampirism. I have to admit I have mixed feelings about taking the cure. As much as I didn't want to be one, I've been a vampire for so long I really don't want to stop. And how would I fit into the world outside of Forgotten Hollow if I'm a vampire? Is it acceptable to drink other people's plasma in your world?"
    uP9KoXH.png

"No it's not. That would be a problem. Is there any other way you can exist without needing to bite necks?"

"There are notes on how to make plasma packs. And there is Plasma fruit."

"See! There are options. I just want you to think this over. I will honor whatever decision you make, even if you choose to stay here. Under that vampiric facade you really are a sweet person and I think the world would be better if you rejoined it. You are nothing like the others here. Who knows, if you got out of here it may change your mind about being a vampire. If you're not surrounded by them you will see the world differently."

"Well, first we need to keep you two from being turned. Then we need to see if one of Elle's people show up in response to her ravens. Then we may have a way to get you two out of here. If someone is coming it will be a few hours before they arrive. The ravens usually make it back here an hour before Elle's men. Keep your eyes open."
    7lHtx8I.png
    This next part is short but it's where things take their darkest turn yet. It ends badly for one unlucky sim, but it sets up our happy ending.

Later...
    The ravens had been dispatched to both Ivan and Andre with notes from Elle outlining her requests for each of them. Elle's message for Ivan told him to come at once for a special assignment. One that paid triple what he was used to making. Elle had been right about Ivan's lack of judgement but it was also his innate greed that would also be his downfall. A cautious man might have asked himself why he was suddenly being chosen for a special assignment, something that had always gone to Andre or Serge. All the more so since Elle and Lilith were not usually complimentary of him, even to his face. They had always paid him handsomely so the thought of even more money than usual made him eager to please. Another point which a cautious man would have realized put him at great peril was the fact that he was a loner whose disappearance would go virtually unnoticed. Ivan didn't realize that made him far more expendable than most, should he fall from favor. When he arrived at the castle Lilith was ready, and as always, she was true to her word. Ivan was half way from his car to the door of the castle...
    XqQbQg7.png

...when Lilith suddenly materialized in front of him...
    96SBOg6.png

For the first, and last time, Ivan's normally slow thought processes operated at lightning speed. He knew the instant she materialized, from the look in her eyes, that Lilith was going to be his end. He had left his crucifix in the car, something he had never done before. He had just enough time to curse himself for a fool to have ever gotten involved with vampires and think that he could get rich and get out alive.
    QVFmMNp.png

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,974 Member
    You really know how to draw out the suspense. 😄

I'm sure Ravyn and Judith will escape but I do hope Inna makes it out also.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 Thank you so much!❤️ I'm ready to put a bow on this one soon. It's fun while I'm writing it but afterwards I'm so ready for something more lighthearted. Inna in the big city...🤔
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    Well, okay! I agree with Rayvn here, even though I think it's mostly the "being stuck in one tiny village forever" part that makes this deal entirely unappealing. That and Elle being really bossy.

Judith... ugh. Well she is an emotion bomb, so I guess that is part of an excuse, but I'll admit that before she apologized I was about to say "too bad we can't leave her behind." :7

Inna's story is very, very sad but I also worry what will happen if she decides to try and leave. Because I don't think Elle does that ritual just so they think they can't leave...
  • Options
    Great twist <3
    Great idea to have Inna to help them :) She is along Kat Cave, my fav premade vampire :) At that time EAxis was still creative with names :smiley:

Fits well for Judith's character to be the first one opening her mouth, almost destroying the small help they could get. Good that Ray could shuss her up .

Sad background story Inna has, I wish somehow Vlad B could get his memory back.

About Inna, I hope you dont get mad at me for this, and I apologise in case for dredrailing, but it was "funny" :p Indeed Inna may be in big trouble if in big modern city alone..
    here
    few years ago, MCCC but her to live in Sulani, why the clothing, but indeed she paid a nighttime visit to one of my sims in Oasis Springs, Simon.
    DFbqM1Z.jpg
    Not only that Simon was full awake, playing with his puppy, he also is a vampire..

RBulxYg.png
    So when she noticed her small misstake she just sat there in porch and looked very annnoyed :D

Currently she is manually aged to elder, and married this vampire (not maxis)
    bTdPjdc.jpg
    vtDvkJi.png

She has done many of lighthearted goofball misstakes during saves, hehe.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,671 Member
    @DaniRose2143, excellent.
    Really, very good twists and turns. I enjoyed this chapter a lot. I hope you don't mind my saying, this chapter feels a little more like "you" than the last one did. (Maybe it's Inna's doomed romance.) All in all, I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    @_Gina Thank you very much.❤️
    When I read your reply earlier I thought you had said Inna was being bossy. But I see now you wrote Elle. I was going to say any bossiness from Inna was the fault of poor editing. I changed and deleted a lot of dialogue from both Rayvn and Judith aimed at Inna, but I forgot to edit her part. Rayvn and Judith were really letting her have it so the push back from her would have made a lot more sense if I left everything in. In Elle's case, well she is a thoroughly evil vampire so bossiness is part of the package with her. The ritual is my sticking point for now. It wasn't a big deal at first because I didn't expect Inna and Rayvn to hit it off and pick up friend status. That along with the backstory I gave her, I want her to escape right along with Rayvn and Judith. I just have to figure out how she can get out of the bonding. Inna with Rayvn, Tianna, Harley, and the party crowd at The Orchid would be fun. I mean, talk about culture clash. One minute you're 276 years old and still living in the 18th or 19th century and just like that you're in 2023.

@Ellupelluellu Thank you so much.❤️
    Please don't worry about making me angry. I can't think of a single thing you would ever say that would make me mad at you. I love to hear your thoughts on both of my stories.🤗 I haven't played a save with Inna in it for so long I forgot how much fun she is to have around. The friendship she struck up with Rayvn was a wonderful surprise and it was what made me have her help them. Judith will be Judith. I did enjoy having her eat humble pie and acknowledge that for probably the one time in her life she knew she wasn't the baddest <censored> in the room. Not even close. Elle and Lilith have centuries more experience at being mean, nasty, and getting exactly what they want by any means necessary. And not caring what the world thinks of them, so long as the world isn't getting in their way. Just as ask Ivan what what happens when you get in their way. Oh wait, you're going to need a seance table for that.

@luciusstorm Thank you so much too❤️
    I'm really happy you enjoyed the twists. I can say I had a good teacher, teacher. I'm super happy you feel like this was more like me. I was definitely wanting to walk it back from the last chapter, but I was a bit afraid that Elle and Lilith's conversation over wine and then Lilith's surprise attack on Ivan might have been even darker than the previous chapter. I had reservations about doing both of those scenes, but I felt like I had to make them work to escape. Thank you to @Metior_Ice for his thoughts of making Alexander work to regain his voice for the inspiration. If Alexander has to earn his voice back, the ladies needed to at least face real peril in order to get back home again.

Now that I've set up my happy ending, I can explain where this was going originally. It did take some very dark turns and totally turned Rayvn's story upside-down and inside-out.
    The way I had it set up was Judith was going to make a deal for her own safety and give Rayvn to Elle and Lilith. That would so be a Judith thing to do. Save her own skin even if it meant sacrificing someone else's. In exchange for her freedom Judith was going to help cover up Rayvn's disappearance. Judith was going to take her cellphone back and 'lose' it in a rough part of DSV along with some of her other belongings. Meanwhile, Rayvn was going to be fighting and not going along with Elle and Lilith's plans, at first. She was going to come around to their way of thinking with the promise of power and the removal of her bond to Forgotten Hollow. She was then going to start popping up here and there to mess with Judith, before she finally pounced and really made life miserable for her. Rayvn's reappearance would have been a pretty good bombshell cliffhanger. But honestly, just typing this synopsis up took a lot for me. I'm not someone who really enjoys stories that dark. For one thing it would have ended Rayvn's pursuit of an acting career, because she would have been a vampire and I'm not sure how I could have had her suddenly reappear from the dead and resume her old life. I want this story to be edgier than Under The Tartosan Sun, but not that edgy. Someday maybe I'll do one like that.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,487 Member
    Inna being patient with them and Judith still being herself, when she asks them who they are😭 Judith isn’t helping herself. The plan that Elle and Lilith have for Ravyn😵‍💫 Judith apologizing, very unexpected from her. Inna asking about stick and thinking its a tree is hilarious. Lmao Judith, wow. Thinks Ravyns know how to Hotwire a car cause she live in the spice district, Judith doesn’t cease to amaze. Aw Inna’s reasons for not wanting to leave🥺”Ivan's normally slow thought processes operated at lightning speed.” Lmao this line made me laugh🤣 RIP Ivan.
    Enjoyed the chapter and I’m curious what decision Inna will come to, though I think I already know.
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves Thank you very much❤️
    I really wanted to work some laughs into this chapter, and I'm happy you enjoyed them.🙂 Elle and Lilith can properly give a girl nightmares. Guys too, I'm sure. Actually the guys should be even more scared of them. Again, pull up a seance table and ask Ivan.🤣 Judith is shielded from reality, or she was anyway. I don't know what long term lessons she will learn from this but for now she's learning maybe for once a little humility will do wonders...until she gets back to Del Sol Valley. After that regular programming will resume.😉
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    Oh, no, I still thought Inna was being nice. Especially with Judith being herself... and your plans sound fun. Both current and original I might add. XD Drama or comedy, they both make a good story. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    It just hit me. I know how Inna, Rayvn, and Judith make it out of 'The Hollow'. There are one or two details to work out, but prepare for a tear jerker. Buy stock in Kleenex. If you want to know what devotion and sacrifice are, stay tuned.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Great chapters! :)
    Chapter 4 - Yay, Rayvn got the acting part!
    Judith may be unreasonable and over-the-top most of the time, but I 100% agree with her complaints about their accommodations in Forgotten Hollow. I mean, no electricity, cellphone coverage or Internet! It's 2023. The vampires need to get out more. Anyway, that was fun, and I'm enjoying these twists even though it was not something I expected! I was waiting for Rayvn to wake up from a dream or for it to be revealed that they weren't actually with vampires.

Chapter 5 - I wish Inna would go with them. I'm enjoying this story arc. It doesn't feel too dark or too frivolous. It's hitting the right notes for me. <3 I'm also pleasantly surprised by how Judith seems to be taking up for both of them. I like your choice considering your original plan, which may have been a bit too dark.
  • Options
    @haneul Thank you❤️
    It's wonderful to see you back.🤗 I hadn't seen you post anywhere in a while and I was hoping you were ok.

The way this arc unfolded was unexpected for everyone, Rayvn and Judith, the readers, and even me. I started with the idea that the residents of Forgotten Hollow were going to have an Addam's Family kind of eccentric energy. When I first started playing out different directions the story could go, one of them was to have Elle and Lilith being dedicated cosplay fanatics who played this to the hilt in an attempt to impress Judith and get themselves included in the movie. When I got to the point where Judith and Rayvn meet Elle I wasn't entirely set on which way to go with the story. I had a better idea of how the darker arc played out but I was still open to a lighthearted arc. As that scene unfolded and I ramped up the tension I still had it where I could have Elle and Lilith's attack be a 'Ha! fooled you!' moment. But in the moment I followed the other arc. I think it may have been because I had it outlined better, but I feel like the biggest reason was it was I got caught up in the novelty of trying something new. In all honesty I don't think I could have kept up that dark tone, it's simply not me. I have tried darker stories before and I've never been able to keep them going.

I have been wanting to tone down Judith's raging ego a little bit from the outline. I want to be out of touch a bit and total diva, but I also want her to have some redeeming qualities, even if they aren't always obvious. That's where I made her someone who mentors other young actresses. I wanted her selfishness to have some complexity to it, and in a way this arc gave me a great opportunity to start showcasing that.