Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Schemes and Dreams

Β«13456718
Hey everybody.πŸ‘‹ Welcome to my second story. I'm hard at work on getting things ready for this one. I thought I would go ahead and start the thread and give you an idea what's going on. I'll post occasional updates in here but most will be in the "What Happened In Your Game Today" thread for now.

With the cast pretty much done I'm down to working on the hard part, lots. I don't want any of the main cast to be homeless, but Del Sol Valley is sooo tiny. I'm adding San Myshuno and Oasis Springs to DSV to form a sort of Sims SoCal. DSV stands in as a Sims Hollywood and Malibu. San Myshuno is downtown. Oasis Springs is a Palm Springs like resort where the stars will get away for relaxation and such. I'm looking for either a weather mod to make San My like DSV or I will just turn off snow and weather effects and hope that I don't have lots of sims running around dressed for winter.

I'm hoping to have the first chapter done and posted by the end of the month. I really hope this story will live up to your expectations.

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,860 Member
    The first chapter of the story will be ready this week. I have one little thing left to do. I added a big pack of reward traits from Chingyu that should make things...interesting. There are 100 traits in the pack. Most of them are neutral or good traits, but the bad traits sound really bad. Since they are rewards traits, and in this case free, I can pile them on. Some of the really interesting ones...

Cold-blooded
    Egotistical
    Impulsive
    High-Strung
    Moody
    Neurotic
    Salty
    Smug
    Stone-Hearted

That's just a sampler platter. In the immortal words of Bette Davis...
    https://youtu.be/yKHUGvde7KU
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Sorry hit post comment instead of save draft.😳
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Chapter One: Prologue and Introductions Part 1

Del Sol Valley. The Land of Make Believe. Dream Maker. Dream Breaker. It’s been known by more names than these. Del Sol Valley is one of those places in the universe where the line between fantasy and reality is blurred, if it even exists at all for some.
    Dyi1iz3.png

It has a magical quality but not in the thaumaturgical sense like the mythical Magic Realm. Del Sol Valley takes ordinary sims, ordinary objects, adds imagination and creativity and a dash of luck to create its magic. Underneath that magical facade there are ordinary human desires and motivations. Some of them good and honorable. Others, much less so.

Rayvn Nash

This is my town. You could say it’s in my blood. I was born here but my family moved away while I was still too young to have any idea of what this city was all about. Even though we left so soon, getting back here, finding fame and fortune, was all I could think about. It feels so good to be back.
    hq3TEmK.png
    My name is Rayvn. That's not the name my mother gave me. I came into this world as Ava Thomas. I felt like Ava Thomas was a great name but not for an actress. My full name now is Rayvn Thomas Nash. Like every teenager everywhere, eventually we had to read Edgar Allan Poe's 'The Raven' for school. I had barely gotten past the title when I knew I had found my stage name. It really fit me. At the time I was into dressing in all black and I did flirt with the goth scene. Now I love my name because it feels exotic and mysterious. I wanted to thank my mom for sacrificing so much and being so supportive of my acting ambitions so I took her maiden name Nash as part of my stage name. I kept my dad's family name to honor him. He passed away during my sophomore year in high school. It was cancer that took him away from us. He was right beside my mother doing whatever it took to help me reach my dream right up to the very end.

I went through my 'When I grow up I want to be a princess and live in a big pink castle with the most handsomest prince ever!' phase. As I got older thoughts and dreams of movie stardom took over. As a teen I was constantly dreaming about becoming an actress. That's nothing new, lots of girls have had that same dream. I took it more seriously though. I took drama and theatre in school, and acting classes outside of school. Those dreams haven’t faded. They still motivate me. That's why I'm back here now. I'm going to have my star here one day. I haven't worked this hard to settle for anything less than superstar status. I will be back here one day to place my star on Starlight Boulevard and I'm not going to let anything stand in my way.
    MGScG1X.png

My mom was once a personal assistant for a few different celebs including Judith Ward, briefly. Mom has always said she enjoyed her work even with Judith. She only left when dad got a promotion and they headed across the country for it. For all of her support and her openness about life in the movie business and Del Sol Valley, I feel like there is so much more she hasn't told me. I'm sure she has her reasons, whatever they may be. Maybe now that I'm here she'll offer up those things I feel like she hasn't told me. Recently, and I think it's just my imagination, but it feels like there's something specific she wants to tell me, but can't. Or won't. I don't know if it's related to 'The Business' or if it's something else entirely. If it's not my imagination I guess I'll find out what it is when she's ready to tell me.

Now that I'm settled into my apartment in the Spice Market neighborhood I can get busy becoming the legendary actress I was born to be. Follow me to the top if you dare, but hang on tight. I have a feeling this ride is going to be bumpy. My mom has always cautioned me about 'The Business', how cutthroat and ruthless it can be. "Del Sol Valley and superstardom", she says, "are not for the weak or faint of heart dear." Well neither am I. Are you ready to come along with me? Do you think you can keep up?
    Q4DBfIp.png

Lady Mimi Eleganza/Mimi Eleganza

Hello my lovelies! Mwah! Some of you already know me, no doubt. For those who don't I am Lady Mimi Eleganza, Mimi Eleganza when I'm not on stage. I prefer they/them when I'm out of character. Not that I'm ever truly out of character. Lady Mimi is an outrageous, totally uninhibited, version of me with bigger hair and a little bit more makeup.
    3v3NeAc.png
    I've been making a name for myself in the drag business for a few years now. Some people have called my rise meteoric. I suppose it is. I like that description. I'm from nearby Oasis Springs but left to start my drag career and my journey of self exploration elsewhere. I could have done all of it here, but I needed some time and space away from my...'family'.

They are a prominent name in Oasis Springs though God knows Nancy thinks she's a big deal everywhere. Geoffrey's only claim to any scrap of relevance, if you can call it that, is being married to Nancy Landgraab. I was born Johnny Landgraab and I was briefly known as Johnny Zest. You may have deduced already, my family and I do not get along. Like not at all. Especially Nancy and I. Fire and gasoline have a better relationship than we do. Nancy and Geoffrey can't handle the truth, my truth. I'm twice the lady Nancy will ever be and a bigger man than Geoffrey. Malcolm was never openly hostile like Nancy and Geoffrey, but he never stuck up for me against them or any bullies when we were in school. Anytime I was the victim of a bully whether it was words or fists he just sat there mute or walked away. He literally has not spoken to me, even when I was still living at home, in years. So I figure he's their mini me and they can have each other.

I'm still learning so much about myself, about who I am. I know for sure that I'm more comfortable in my own skin now than I have ever been at any point in my life. As sad as it sounds, I am so much better off without them in my life. They will never again be a part of my life until they learn to be loving, supportive, and non-judgmental. I'm not holding my breath or pausing my life to wait for that to happen.

Now that I'm ready for the big leagues of drag I'm back home. I live at 1010 Alto in Del Sol Valley. I took over the lease on the penthouse suite from Diego Lobo. Oh my god he's so cute. Sadly he's taken so I remain free to sample life’s buffet of manly goodies. If he should ever become available though...
    bsnJ3kA.png

I'm ready for the confrontations that are surely coming with Nancy. She still feels like she can tear me down by verbally attacking me publicly or privately. I know her all too well she won't let this go. One way or another she's going to try something, but I'm ready for her. She came after me in public once before. Back then I was a nervous, awkward 17 year old who snuck out of the house to perform and to simply be me. I lied about my age to get into one of the smaller clubs. I performed there a handful of times before Nancy found out what I was doing. I was in my element but I was still a scared kid in heels, a mini-dress, and a metric ton of makeup who was just learning how to be an entertainer. It didn't take much of a push from her to topple me. That night was my first time wearing 5 inch heels so I was as unsteady and wobbly as a newborn kitten. You could have knocked me over with a feather. I can make jokes about it now. I think it infuriated her that I looked better in a mini dress than she ever did.

I was scared too because that night was the first time I was given a prime slot to showcase my talent. I wanted it to be as flawless as I could make it, and then here comes Nancy throwing a tantrum. She's screaming at me and everyone in the place about how they were encouraging a boy to wear a dress and to pretend to be a girl. If nothing else I learned I have a flair for comedy. You should have seen the look on her face when I said "Who's pretending." I was embarrassed that she was making me the center of attention for all the wrong reasons. I was mad too because she interrupted an epic rendition of 'Single Ladies' if I do say so myself. Nancy also made a spectacle of me as she yanked my wig off and forced me to remove my makeup in front of everybody all while still reading them the riot act.

She won that round. She informed the club manager that I was underage. He had no choice but to kick me out and bar me from coming back until I was old enough. He didn't like it, but he had no choice. The manager, the other queens, and patrons were all so supportive and lovely to me before Nancy drug me out. That’s why I call you, my fans and supporters, ’My Lovelies'. Because you are and you mean the world to me. She had no clue then about who I am, and she still doesn't. For me the labels boy/girl, male/female are meaningless, I'm neither and I'm a glorious blend of both. All I am is me.
    pq8LuDi.png

My home away from home is The Orchid Club. I perform there nightly, except Mondays and Tuesdays. It is an oasis of love, understanding, and entertainment. The only requirements to get in are embracing the rainbow of humanity in all its infinite shades and varieties, and to be fab-u-lous. To paraphrase a legend, β€œWhy don’t you stop by and see me sometime.”
    CU8ZlEl.png

Judith Ward

I shouldn’t have to introduce myself, after all I am the living legend. I was born a living legend. If there is anything on earth I love almost as much as I love myself, it’s talking about myself. After all, I am Judith Ward. Welcome to the wonderful world of...me!
    0b2phCo.png
    Who wouldn't want to be me? I am the greatest actress there has ever been. I find it mildly humorous to see all these little starlets coming here thinking they’re going to be better than me. Somehow they think they can knock me off my perch. I ask you, when have you ever heard anything more preposterous? I applaud their drive to be great and to reach for golden ring. If you don't want to be great why even come here. Just be realistic my dears, you will never be as good as I am nor will you ever occupy my spot at the top in Del Sol Valley. I have that title all to myself. My advice to anyone who wants to be in my movies, don’t even think about walking onto on my movie set if you aren’t ready to be great. If you lack the talent to keep up with me and please me with your performance I will make your life miserable. I refuse to work with no talent hacks.

The stories you hear about me are exaggerated. They call me arrogant. I think I'm rather humble for someone who is flawless at every single thing she does. When you are as perfect as I am you should be allowed to show a certain amount of self confidence. They call me unreasonable, rigid and unappeasable. I simply have higher standards of excellence and I will not compromise. Why should I? They talk about how I have this obsession with mirrors. Being this unbelievably gorgeous does make it hard to keep my eyes from drinking in my flawless features. There is a nasty rumor that I've spent more than a million simoleans on botox treatments and other cosmetic procedures to look this good. Nonsense. There have been ridiculous rumors of me being a vampire or that I've made a deal with the devil for my youthful looks. I'm just naturally blessed with perfect age-defying beauty. I wish these rumors would die but they seem to have achieved a sort canonical truth in the minds of the petty and jealous. I have a good idea who's behind them and I'll take care of her when the time is right.
    UjVvcZl.png

I'm not above sharing what I know with the right students. They have to show me they have the will to succeed, the talent to be great, and know their place. It's at this point that lesser talents would say, "I will teach you but I won't reveal all my secrets." I don't have to worry, because even if I did teach someone everything I know they would still never be as great as I am. They would be worthy of calling themselves second best perhaps.

I would love to stand here and talk about myself all night long, but I have an awards show to attend and the worshipfulness of my fans to bask in.
    96odEEx.png

The Bailey-Moon's

My name is Octavia Moon. Those handsome men are my hubby Thorne and my son Orange. Let’s just get it out of the way, β€œWhy did you name your son Orange?” We’re celebrities, we’re required to give our kids weird and embarrassing names. It’s like the law or something. Thorne was eating an orange while we were discussing baby names. We couldn't agree on a name and we were getting bored. Thorne held up the half eaten orange and asked "Why not" as he nodded towards the hand holding it. Done and we met the requirement for giving our child a weird name. We came to Del Sol Valley right after high school. It was a great place for Thorne to work on his DJ and singing aspirations. Back then I wanted to be a novelist. I still enjoy writing but now I’m an actress first. I got involved in some theatre projects and before I knew it I was hooked on acting. We’re raising Orange to be creative and follow that energy wherever it leads him.
    QRTHCQT.png
    Our life would be perfect were it not for the nutcase that lives next door.
    gReuYhh.png

That would be Judith Ward. I swear that woman is psychotic. In the five years since we built this place and moved in it’s been one thing after another. We got off on the wrong foot. I was here overseeing some last minute details before we moved in. I was distracted, and frankly the way she was dressed how was I supposed to know it was her. She was wearing this wide brimmed sun hat that was so big it could have shaded three heads. All I could do was assume there was a head under that hat somewhere. It looked like her shoulders were holding the hat up. I asked the hat who it was? That was the wrong question. She goes into a tirade, "How could you not know who I am? I am Judith Ward!" I followed up my first wrong question with another. I asked her how I was supposed to know it was her under there with that hat over her face? By smell? That went over about as well as you think it did. Since I met her I have learned that you can smell crazy...in her case it smells like Chanel Mademoiselle. I swear she pickles herself in that stuff.

Oh, there was the time she took us to court. She wanted to see the blueprints for our house so she could see the measurements. She wanted to make sure it wasn't bigger than hers. That was after she came over with her butler and a tape measure. You read that right, the fool was going to measure our entire property. Needless to say I wasn't having any of that and told her she had 3 seconds to get lost or she was going home bald. Thankful the judge denied her request. So she hired an architect to renovate her house to make sure it was bigger than ours. I sometimes wonder what it's like to have more money than brains. I also wonder what color the sky and the grass are in her world because child, that woman isn't living in ours. You've heard that saying about crazy people having bats in their belfry. She ain't got bats, she's got condors...or some other big dang bird up in there. She is N-U-T-S nuts! That's enough talk about her. I'm afraid if I keep talking I might accidentally summon her like some demonic homing beacon.

Let's talk about my boys for a second. The overgrown one is riding a wave in his career. Thorne's popularity is going through the roof as are his downloads. His concerts are selling out and he's hoping to start headlining tours soon. He loves to drop in for impromptu sessions at the local nightclubs. The Orchid Club is one of his favorites because the dance floor brings out big crowds most nights and his beats are perfect for the setting.
    6EDtLCE.png

Orange, well god love that boy but he's not the best student. He's more interested in video games and learning how to make music with his dad. He definitely takes after his dad with the bad student thing. Thorne was the worst student you ever saw. He was always more interested in music and girls than learning. I broke him of his fixation with chasing every woman in a short skirt. He knows how good he has it with me and he wouldn't be foolish enough to mess that up. He's starting to really rake in the simoleans with his music. As for me, well things are looking up. I'm still working on my acting hoping to land some big roles. I know you're wondering about working with you know who. That's not an issue, she only does movies and I prefer tv. The work in tv is steadier if you can land a juicy recurring role. I have a line on a couple of good ones. I don't want to go into details and jinx things but I feel like a really juicy role is coming for me. Our little family is in a good place right now and things are looking really rosy, all things considered.

Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    What an interesting cast of characters. Can't wait to see what they all get up to.
  • Options
    What an interesting cast of characters. Can't wait to see what they all get up to.

Thank you so much. That’s the first half of the cast, but they’re the ones that will be at the center of things in Season One and beyond. Part two is the characters who are going to start out with smaller roles in the story. We’ll have to see how their arcs evolve and whether or not they have bigger roles later. Judith is clearly the lightning rod. When you are as egotistical and crazy as she is that tends to happen.πŸ€ͺ
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    Oh. My. God. I LOVE Mimi!
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    @luciusstorm Thank you so much. Mimi is easily my favorite of the cast so far. Judging by the responses whenever I’ve posted something related to them its gotten a really positive reception. Mimi is the most fun to write for, has the most room for evolving, and is the most complex. There is so much material to work with.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    The blurbs about each of these characters really shows their personalities! Can't wait to read more your story as it progresses. This is amazing! You definitely have a talent for writing!
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    First of all, Oh my Watcher! I already thought this was gonna be cool, but you got the 100 Traits mod?!? Ooooh, my. I'm SO here for it. XD

Also, wow. Everyone you made over just looks so much better now! Mimi is absolutely without question, but even Diego got... from "that guy who dresses in whatever because nobody dares to look at him weird" to actual stunning star himself.

And the way you write Judith is absolutely priceless. XD Nobody can get to her, huh? I feel like we'll just have to see about that.

And Octavia... I'm a bit jelly of you being able to write different characters in different tones like that. XD But as for what she's actually saying, I'm a little suspicious. There is no real mention of Thorne's reputation and I don't think it's better than it used to be so I'm gonna suspect Octavia just doesn't know a thing or two...
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Fabulous! I love all these characters and looking forward to reading more.
  • Options
    @maggiemae8135 Thank you for those sweet words. Words like that mean more than all the likes and awesomes in the world.❀️

@_Gina Thank you and I am so happy to see you are enjoying this so much.❀️ I not only have the 100 traits, but they are the rewards version instead CAS. I can pile them on and create some veryyyy interesting characters.😈 Thank you also for the sweet words about my writing. For me the way to change tones is to get inside the character's head and write the way I think they would talk. I have to be careful with some of my characters, they wouldn't exactly earn a PG rating.🀣 It comes with patience and practice.

@mightysprite Thank you very much!❀️ I have part two to write tonight and then post it tomorrow. My stories are going to alternate weeks so there will always be something new every Friday.πŸ™‚
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I like that you've broken Chapter 1 into two parts because it creates something like a bonus part to look forward to tonight/tomorrow. Part 1 is also a nice length (at least for me, it's not at all too short or too long) and is a good introduction to the main characters.

I'm interested in seeing how people cover fame because I've been working towards it in my legacy (for like two years now ... I'm so slow :#) and it's interesting to see different perspectives and levels of seriousness in people's stories on the topic.

Mimi is my favorite so favorite. They're great. I love the backstory and the intrigue, but my favorite image is not of Mimi, but the one of Rayvn in her glasses. She captures the vibe of Del Sol Valley and hopeful, upcoming actress so well in that photo. I'm a little concerned about the Bailey-Moon's -- like why name your son Orange just because it's weird and you're eating an orange, why not give him a unique name because he's unique, nothing can match him, and you want him to stand out? Poor Orange. :( I also don't trust Thorne because well... but maybe he's actually turned over a new leaf. Where is Octavia from? Her speech seems noticeably different from the others - and she seems to use an interesting mixture of slang from all over (child, ain't, dang...).
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    @hanuel Thank you so much.❀️ You're not slow, the Fier's just move at their own pace.
    At the risk of giving away too much, you are right to be concerned about the Bailey-Moon's. The only two characters who are who they seem to be are Mimi and Venessa Jeong, who you will get to meet in part two. More on the Bailey-Moon's in a minute.

You could say that Mimi isn't entirely who they appear to be. That's because Mimi is still finding their true self. Mimi has two lines where they reveal that their gender identity may not be entirely settled. The confrontation teenage Mimi had with Nancy in the club. Nancy accuses Mimi, who in Nancy's mind is still Johnny of pretending to be a girl, and Mimi instantly responds with 'Who's pretending?" I didn't put it in Mimi's intro, but when they are in the Lady Mimi persona and performing their act, they prefer she/her pronouns, I inferred it. Mimi's exact quote, "Not that I'm ever truly out of character" is possibly a subconscious admission that they haven't reached their full identity just yet. It's these little details with Mimi that along with their personality make them so much fun to write. Mimi has an endless source of material to work with.

Back to the Bailey-Moon's. The bit with Orange's name was inspired by so many real life celebrities who give their kids...unique names. The gold and platinum standard for unique, if not weird names for me is Dweezil and Moon Unit Zappa. I'm sure there are stories online that would explain the inspiration for their names. I've never looked it up because there is a certain fun in speculating on it, not that I do very often. I tried to channel that into Orange. It was a bit weak, but we're allowed a miss here and there. Octavia is a local and she comes from the inner city streets of DSV. As she moved into professional circles she dropped the slang, but dealing with Judith pushes her to the brink. When Judith, or even the thought of Judith, starts pushing Octavia's buttons she will slip back into using slang. I felt like adding that little detail highlights for readers when Judith has pushed Octavia to the edge of insanity with her craziness. The use of slang is Octavia's subconscious way of releasing the pressure without strangling Judith.

Thorne may or may not have changed. He has Octavia convinced that he's changed...or does he? Octavia did say that Thorne knows how good he has and he wouldn't be stupid, she said foolish, enough to mess that up. That could be what she truly believes because she loves him, or that's her mantra to calm her doubts.πŸ€” Because of her own career she won't always be there to keep an eye on him, and she knows he has that history. Unlike the three main couples in Under The Tatosan Sun who all have pledged to be faithful, none of the characters in this story will be making that same pledge.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143
    Thorne may or may not have changed. He has Octavia convinced that he's changed...or does he? Octavia did say that Thorne knows how good he has and he wouldn't be stupid, she said foolish, enough to mess that up. That could be what she truly believes because she loves him, or that's her mantra to calm her doubts.πŸ€” Because of her own career she won't always be there to keep an eye on him, and she knows he has that history. Unlike the three main couples in Under The Tatosan Sun who all have pledged to be faithful, none of the characters in this story will be making that same pledge.

:o Interesting. Thanks for sharing this tidbit. Sounds like this may lead to some entertaining drama (that's hopefully not too painful for any of the characters). It also sounds like Octavia may be speaking AAVE and not so much using slang like I originally thought?
    Mimi's exact quote, "Not that I'm ever truly out of character" would raise the eyebrows of any competent therapist.
    Yes. It definitely got a "Huh? What? I guess we'll sort that out later" reaction from me, but I'm not a competent therapist. :D I'm just a curious reader.

Thanks for your comments on my legacy as well. I'm using screenshots from November 2020 (which regardless of whether slow or not is so old that the game has changed tons since then and I may need to do something radical like combine my original save with a new one to incorporate the newer packs).
  • Options
    haneul wrote: Β»
    @DaniRose2143

:o Interesting. Thanks for sharing this tidbit. Sounds like this may lead to some entertaining drama (that's hopefully not too painful for any of the characters). It also sounds like Octavia may be speaking AAVE and not so much using slang like I originally thought?
    Mimi's exact quote, "Not that I'm ever truly out of character" would raise the eyebrows of any competent therapist.
    Yes. It definitely got a "Huh? What? I guess we'll sort that out later" reaction from me, but I'm not a competent therapist. :D I'm just a curious reader.

Thanks for your comments on my legacy as well. I'm using screenshots from November 2020 (which regardless of whether slow or not is so old that the game has changed tons since then and I may need to do something radical like combine my original save with a new one to incorporate the newer packs).

That competent therapist line comes off a bit insulting to my eye when I read it back. It doesn't appear from your response that you felt insulted but I do apologize for the way that sounded.
  • Options
    Not at all. I thought it was fine and that it suited. :)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    edited December 2022
    I should always pic the first guess what comes to my mind :D But I thought Johnny would be too obvious, why I tried to dig deeper (Izzy or Diego) for Mimi.

Ah well, im bad at guessing anyway :D

Great start!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    this is awesome - I love how each character has a really distinctive and individual voice, like i feel like after reading this I'd be able to tell who's talking even if you never explicitly said. I'm interested in them all, and LOVE Mimi, but I have a particular interest in Octavia's story. I'm a sucker for a bit of crazy neighbour drama - she sounds like she's going through it. And I had a laugh at the story of how they chose Orange's name - it's so ridiculous, but exactly how I imagine it goes down in Hollywood. I wonder is that a nod to Chris Martin & Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter Apple, whose name I always thought was the pinnacle of famous-person silliness.
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Really enjoying your writing here and the different characters' voices.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    Oh my god all of you are so very sweet and wonderful.πŸ₯° I'm kind of speechless. I'm taking a break from getting part two wrapped up. I got stuck on Brytani Cho's story but I feel like the idea is coming so I have my phone and if inspiration comes while I'm having lunch I can get it written down. The others, Venessa Jeong, Harley and Tianna, Holly and Bristol are done. I just need to snap some pictures and it's ready. The two sets of roommates were easy. They are all really young, barely more than a year or two out of high school and new to Del Sol Valley. They have barely begun their story so there wasn't as much to unpack.

@Ellupelluellu This isn't the first time Johnny has been a queen or totally transitioned genders in my stories. I think you did a wonderful job of guessing. After I did that quick makeover on Diego I could see him making a rather gorgeous woman quite easily. I can definitely see why Mimi is so attracted to Diego and would love to take him home. Who knows, maybe Mimi's wish will come true?

@hellohannah2 Coming from another writer, and one I love and respect so much your words are really touching. Thank you.πŸ€— I think we're not far away from having an official Mimi fan club.😁 I was feeling like I would miss my cast from Tartosan Sun so much, and I do, but having Mimi around makes it bearable. Judith is the neighbor from you know where. I can see Octavia reaching the end of her rope and striking back in unique ways. I completely forgot about Apple Martin. She is another good example of celebs and unique names.

@GirafHuntr Thank you very much.❀️ These characters have been easier to write because of what my cast in Tartosa has taught me about listening to my characters and getting inside their hearts and minds.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I think you've hit your stride with this one. I look forward to all of the drama and hijinks you have in store for us. I also wanted to note, how much I loved this line: I swear she pickles herself in that stuff. Great line. Well done.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @luciusstorm Thank you so much. Mimi is easily my favorite of the cast so far. Judging by the responses whenever I’ve posted something related to them its gotten a really positive reception. Mimi is the most fun to write for, has the most room for evolving, and is the most complex. There is so much material to work with.

I have to say, apart from Mimi being a really interesting and engaging character in their own right, I am really floored by how you have taken a stock character out of the base game who I have always found bland and dull and transformed them into this brilliant, vibrant form while staying true to the core of that character's backstory. They're just wonderful.

Which is not to say that the other character's aren't. I am interested in seeing how all of their stories develop. I confess, I am personally hoping to see some of the Tartosan Sun characters make cameos, because I'm like that, but it already feels like this story can and will stand on it's own.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal Thank you, thank you so much. I'm taking so much that I learned with Tartosan Sun and putting it to use here, and I think it will play out in the reverse too as Tartosan Sun keeps moving. This story is going to have lots of drama and some bombshell moments, but it will also have laughs like that. The crazy neighbor storyline between Judith and Octavia is ripe with ways for them both to do something funny to get the other one.

@luciusstorm Mimi says, "Thank you my lovely. Mwah!πŸ’‹" There really is no shortage of material there to work with. Some of it dramatic and thought provoking and a lot that will have readers laughing. About having cast members from Tartosan Sun crossing over, I'm not sure about that. Right now I don't have any plans simply because the two stories feel so different. I have to take a moment and thank @simgirl1010 for being such a wonderful confidante and sounding board for my stories. She was the one that convinced me this story should stand on its own. Rayvn vs. Judith was originally supposed to be part of the other story but it just didn't feel right. It didn't feel like it fit. It's hard for me to remember they were originally going to be the stars of this show. They're important, but they aren't the headliners. Not anymore.πŸ˜†
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Chapter One: Prologue and Introductions Part 2

Venessa Jeong

Hello everyone, I am Venessa Jeong, or as my PR agent says, "The most boring person in Del Sol Valley."
    GSOq4eE.png

I think that's a bit harsh, but I also see it in the spirit it was intended and I see it for the compliment it is. Where some agents are constantly in damage control mode because one their clients is up to their eyeballs in a scandal or some incident of bad behavior that was captured on a cell phone camera, I keep my head down and I work. My agent can focus on simply finding me roles.
    Don't take that to mean I'm a meek little lamb, I did on one occasion give her a mess to clean up in the press. I don't shy away from putting a drama queen in his or her place. You can't be in such close proximity to so many of them and not have some of the mess they start splash on you from time to time. While I wouldn't use it on a drama queen I studied Tae Kwon Do growing up and I was a purple belt. Living in Del Sol Valley it comes in handy with muggers. As an actress it’s useful for casting directors who try to get hands on, and in the aforementioned messy situation, one really pushy and belligerent paparazzi. So as you can see ladies martial arts do have their practical uses.
    IEQ7q0B.png

I'm a bit of a unicorn. I genuinely came here because I love the art of acting. Oh don't get me wrong, I love seeing all those deposits in my bank account as much as anybody. Fame and fortune aren't my primary motivations though. I am an artist, every bit as much as any painter, sculptor, or author. I'm happy for now acting in artsy type movies, though there is a part of me that would love to try rom-coms or sci-fi/fantasy. I have a younger sister, Zoey, who loves acting as much as I do, but she works in theatre. I would love to try that myself sometime too. I'm also interested in all the little details. Writing, directing, producing, anything that has to do with making movies and tv shows. Besides acting I have trained as a singer as well. When you see me on camera singing, that really is me, it's not dubbed.

I love to work with other young actors and actresses. I'm not the most experienced actress, but I've learned a lot so why not share? I don't understand hoarding knowledge like it's Fort Knox or something. I help you, you help me, and together we make better movies. That doesn't sound so difficult does it? I guess it all comes down to what motivates you. Are you here to be an actor or are you only here for the money and notoriety? Me, I'm here to be an actress...
    ZptMz3b.png
    AC1BmhY.png
    8yH7eWd.png

Brytani Cho

I am Brytani Cho and I am a standup comic as most of you know. It's where I got my start and it launched me into the world of sitcom TV with my own show, Intensive Laughter. If you don't remember it, I played a doctor who believed you could cure any patient with non-stop jokes. You'd be forgiven if you don't remember it, the show only lasted for five episodes. It was a seriously horrible idea. It also sent me back to the world of stand up for a while before I got another shot at acting, this time as a wisecracking sidekick type in several movies.
    XON4ANg.png
    I became a bit typecast but it paid well so who was I to complain. The work wasn't as steady as the standup gigs, but I didn't have all that travel, hotel rooms, and greasy fast food. I was home most nights, or when I was on location I had better than average hotels and catered meals on set. But something was missing. I couldn't put my finger on it at first, but I guess it was denial more than anything. I missed being a standup comic. Now I had a higher profile from my movie work so I got better gigs, cable specials, and some pretty good paychecks.

My standup act is going great, I don't have to travel relentlessly. I can do two or three shows a week with 5 of them that I get to handpick that are taped for cable. I have a lucrative contract to produce specials for Simflix which gives me a huge audience and an equally huge addition to my bank account. Thank you very much to my fans and Simflix. One of the trademark parts of my routine is when I relate stories about my time working and interacting with Judith Ward. The awesome part is I don't have to write any material, or try it out on crowds in small comedy clubs, or on friends. All I have to do to get huge laughs with my Judy Ward tales is tell them as they happened. You can't make that woman up. Her lunacy is unbelievable and yet totally true without any need for hyperbole. She was the best and worst part of my foray into acting. You will notice I will occasionally refer to her as Judy. She hates that name, and she can be pushed into doing something truly unhinged with a well timed, and totally unexpected 'Judy'.
    gyyS4yL.png

I have a good one about the self proclaimed queen. She is obsessed with hand lotion. She has bottles of it everywhere. It's one of her asks in every contract, two bottles of hand lotion in any room on set that she may at any time possibly enter. She may never go into a particular room, ever, during the filming of that movie. But there will be two bottles of lotion in there. On one particular shoot, I overheard her telling her beleaguered assistants that her left hand was itching which meant she was going to lose money. She ordered them to monitor her bank accounts and investments to make sure she didn't lose any money. I asked what she was on about. She regaled me with the myth that if your left hand itches you're going to lose money and if it's your right you're going to get money. What was I do with this knowledge? I loaded every bottle of hand lotion I could find on set with itching powder. I mean loaded! She completely and utterly lost her mind.
    FVgNWGk.png

Picture if you will that egomanic terrified she's losing money, but simultaneously elated that she's getting money, and all the while going entirely berserk trying to cure the uncontrollable itching all over her body. That was the day I found out she didn't just use hand lotion on her hands. Oh no, she rubbed herself down head to toe in it. Oh lord in heaven what a glorious sight to behold that was. Her ripping off every stitch of clothing to get at every last itch and shouting orders to her assistants about watching her money and finding something to stop the infernal itching. She would scream out an order, they would set off to fulfill it only to be asked instantly where they were going and what did they think they were doing? They were following the last order they had been given. I felt so sorry for her poor assistants. They were both on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I summoned help and I tracked those lovely ladies down afterwards, apologized profusely and gave them the biggest hug, and made them tell me what their dream car was and as soon as could procure it I delivered it to them. Personally. Right to those poor women's driveways and handed them the keys along with a check for 50k simoleons. It. Was. Worth. Every. Penny. My payment to those two ladies was lavish for a practical joke, one asked for a fully loaded BMW M5 and the other a Porsche 911 turbo, but you have to understand what they were dealing with and it was all my fault. I owed them nothing less...and I still say. Worth. Every. Penny.
    awggI8H.png

I have a lots more stories and receipts related to my dear 'friend' Judy. I'm all too happy to share both.

Harley Jacobs and Tianna Willis

My name is Harley Jacobs and I only recently moved to Del Sol Valley from Copperdale. I'm hoping I can break into the movies or tv. For now I'm working as a barista at Simbucks. I work at the location in the entertainment district between the Starlight Lounge and The Orchid Club.
    IMaUMUS.png

I acted in plays all the time in school and community theatre both. It's so amazing to think a few weeks ago I was stuck in the cultural wasteland that is Copperdale and now here I am in sunny Del Sol Valley. I've served cappuccinos to movie stars, macchiatos to famous directors, and lattes to the delightfully wonderful drag queens from the club across the street. It is such a different world from where I came from. My friend Ash would love it here but they have their own dreams to chase elsewhere. I put up an ad for a roommate and my new bestie here, Tianna answered.
    8S41lJG.png
    Hello, as Harley said, my name is Tianna Willis. I grew up in Oasis Springs and couldn't wait to leave home and come to Del Sol Valley to chase my dreams of stardom. Yes, Oasis Springs is just a few minutes from 'The Sol' but I wanted to be out on my own, to make my own rules and chase my dreams in the most glamorous place on earth. I'm torn between acting and dance. I have danced as an extra in a few videos for artists like City Girls, P!nk, and a few others. I almost made it into an Usher video!
    EFTHl8V.png

I really can't make up my mind which dream to follow. My head says acting, my heart says dance, gurl, dance! For now I'm working odd jobs and Harley and I are pooling our resources. When we aren't at work or working on our dreams of stardom we hangout a lot at The Orchid Club. The atmosphere there is like nowhere else and they have the best DJs coming through all the time and the music is bangin'. Anytime day or night that place is straight fire!
    VmkMC9A.png
    Nz00AtU.png
    xbJKsKr.png
    L1E9o8v.png
    lRYwlNW.png

Holly Alto and Bristol Lee

I'm Holly Alto and she's Bristol Lee, and we are Faces, Inc.
    Yo6rctI.png

Well not yet anyway. We will be someday. Hopefully. We met at a local art school. I was there learning to paint and Bristol was the resident model. One thing led to another and we got to talking after class one day and we became quick friends. We started hanging out and clubbing together all over the Valley with friends. After a while Bristol found herself needing a place to stay.

Bristol: My roommate at the time was moving to Windenburg and Holly said I could come stay with her. We had been friends for a couple of months at that point. I felt like we'd get along great so I jumped on the offer and it was transformational for both of us, but especially for her. We realized we had a lot in common. I started really talking about my modeling career. I had the biggest casting call of my life coming up and I was a nervous wreck. Holly offered to come along as moral support to keep me from freaking out. Next thing we know I got the gig and she got a business card from my modeling agency who thought she had potential. Now here we are both of us working as models with the dream of one day starting our own modeling agency. We are realistic and we know how the business works. We only have a small window where clients want us, as wrong and archaic as that thinking is it's still a fact of life in our world.

Holly: We've started planning ahead for what comes after the modeling jobs dry up. I still have my painting but that's more for relaxation now instead of something to make a living with. For now I'm enjoying a career I never even dreamed of pursuing.

Bristol: I had given some thought to trying acting if the modeling didn't work out. Holly did a great job of selling me on her idea for the modeling agency and I'm fully with her on making this happen. If not I can still find work behind the camera. I have been studying photography both for another option and to understand what happens on the other side of the camera during a modeling shoot. We'll see if this idea of ours has any chance of succeeding or if we're just daydreaming.
    5LHW8fU.png
    7GcbHjK.png
    FgIBF4u.png
    y8F0bNn.png
    Bda1FCG.png
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, interesting... I am curious to see how these stories grow and come together.