Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Goddess' Order- 100 Baby Challenge *Sort of a Christmas Update 12/25*

Comments

• Options
    Miax0Miax0 Posts: 15,840 Member
    edited December 2012
    Oh, i love this! Your writing is really great and the story so original. I loved how Lothi was so clueless of simple things at first how she's slowly learning things of the human world.
    The children are so good looking, as well :) It's a shame i can hardly pronounce any of their names :lol:

but anyway, i'm definitely going to bookmark and continue reading this! <3
  • Options
    iButterfreeiButterfree Posts: 2,043 Member
    edited December 2012
    Thank you so much!

Lothi refers to Lothirien, the daughter, though. Ellothiel is the mom, although I don't really use her name in-story since everything's from her point of view. Since I put up a pronunciation guide for my Perfect Genetics Challenge, I'll get around to doing the same for this challenge. I was going to put it up when the challenge finished, but that will be a long time away, huh? :)
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Thank you so much!

Lothi refers to Lothirien, the daughter, though. Ellothiel is the mom, although I don't really use her name in-story since everything's from her point of view. Since I put up a pronunciation guide for my Perfect Genetics Challenge, I'll get around to doing the same for this challenge. I was going to put it up when the challenge finished, but that will be a long time away, huh? :)
    You're welcome! ^__^

I should have made myself more clear, i did mean the mom there and was calling her Lothi as well since Lothi can be a nickname for Ellothiel imo plus it's easier to remember :lol:
    The pronunciation guide would be really helpful. but they're elf names from some kind of myth site or some sort right? if we really wanted to know how to pronounce them we can look them up, so you don't have to rush it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Haha, I suppose that's true. Ellothiel is actually the name I use for a character in a Lord of the Rings fanfiction I write, and her family generally calls her 'Lo as a nickname. If you want to call her Lothi, that's fine :) Whatever suits you.

But yeah, the elvish names are Tolkein Middle Earth elvish style. Some of them are actually formed using the elvish languages Tolkein created, some are gotten from a generator based on his style, and some I just make up myself.

I actually started my holiday break on Tuesday after my last final. This year my university is giving us a super long break since we don't go back until the 27th of January. Needless to say, I have plenty of free time to add in some pronunciations.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    New updated titled "Guilt"!

The requested pronunciations have also been added in the "The GO Downloads and Extras" tab under the main blog title. Please suggest anything you would like to see added to the Extra section- perhaps any questions you have about the story, my writing regarding the story, screenshots depicting a scene in your imagination, or whatever you want! (:
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Wow, that's kinda sad that the baby daddy died right after they did the deed D: At least a part of him will live on in the baby. That would be awesome if the baby looked a lot like him.

and curse those Aliens for trying to abduct/experiment on the kiddos :(
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I seriously got that Woohoo in at the last second. 30 seconds after Calvin left the lot, I got a notice saying he had died. It kind of messed up the plot line I was going to follow, but I've already got some good stuff coming dealing with his child and his death. But really, it took me a couple minutes just to move past being awed the whole situation XD
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I seriously got that Woohoo in at the last second. 30 seconds after Calvin left the lot, I got a notice saying he had died. It kind of messed up the plot line I was going to follow, but I've already got some good stuff coming dealing with his child and his death. But really, it took me a couple minutes just to move past being awed the whole situation XD
    I've had something like that happen to me as well, where someone dying unexpectedly in game gave me some good plot ideas. Can't wait to see the ideas you have involving Calvin's child :)
  • Options
    Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited December 2012
    I just wanted to let you know I've been reading and enjoying your challenge, I enjoy reading other peoples 100 Baby Challenge. I'm also working on one of my own as are several others if your interested you can read mine here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/619738.page
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Wow, you've got so much detail for your Jades world. I skimmed through the information about it. It's pretty impressive. I certainly know your pain for never finding good people to roleplay with. I've had a couple stories I always wanted to write out with other people, but the good ones never stuck around or I was left with those who just weren't contributing to the story the way I wanted. I haven't gotten the chance to go through all your updates for your 100 Baby challenge yet, but I will soon. You've certainly given yourself an extra challenge with the added rules (:

New updated titled "Surprise"! The Downloads area has also been updated as well.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Ah my jeez, Nandrien is so adorable <3
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I just finished reading Surprise and I really loved it, I found it had a sort of Poetic feel to it. Your really good at portraying your Sims feelings and emotions. Also Nandrien is simply beautiful and adorable and the names you choose for each child are very unique.

:-)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Thanks guys! {It's Nadrien, not Nandrien though} I think you'll really like the storyline starting at the end of the next update. I know it's my favorite anyway (:
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    New update titled "Visitor"!
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    *Claps* Yay she gets to see her brother, I hope he's there to spend time with her as she seems pretty lonely.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    What a great chapter! The triplets grew up quite gorgeous, as did Nadrien.

I'm really curious as to how/why her brother is there :O I wonder if he chose to leave just to be with his sister, or if he's allowed to visit...
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    New update titled "Brother"! Hope you enjoy it (:
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    New update titled "Heartbreak"!
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    abrilgabrilg Posts: 51 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I must admit that I stayed up until 5 a.m. reading your story, and was motivated to finally start my own.

I think your style of writing is exquisite, and your sims so good looking! Please keep it up :)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Ah, that's so amazing~ Thanks for reading! I'll try to write a lot more so you can stay up even earlier ;)

Your story is really good as well. It has such an ominous start. I wonder if the curse is real, or if Aimee just doesn't want to take the risk. Guess I'll find out, huh? (:
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    New update titled "Reluctance"!
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Ah, i was behind on three chapters! At first i was really excited for Lo that her brother was there, but then...Blah. He's such a jerk about her task! :evil:

And what's with the green baby? Did he have an Alien baby? :shock: If that's the case, he got what he deserved! XD He better not expect Lo to raise that child though!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    It's so hard not to give too much away XD

Technically, the alien baby is his. Even though in the story Eloril left, I had to keep him in the household. He got abducted and pregnant. I almost stopped the abduction because it was going to change my entire storyline, but then I decided having the alien baby would be fun. Story-wise though, the baby isn't Eloril's. Having his own child would tie him too much to the human side of the world. That's something that can't happen.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    New update titled "The Enemy"!
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    New update titled "Forgiveness"!
    mss8gv9