Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Goddess' Order- 100 Baby Challenge *Sort of a Christmas Update 12/25*

Comments

• Options
    Miax0Miax0 Posts: 15,840 Member
    edited January 2013
    Loved the two updates! I'm curious, do you pre-write your chapters and then take photos or write based on the photos you take?

I understand about the Alien baby, though. If Eloril has a baby of his own he'll be tied to the human world and that can't happen because he'll be returning home, right?

That's nice that Lo was able to forgive the Aliens for what they did to Lothi... I just hope they don't bother the family again, though.
  • Options
    iButterfreeiButterfree Posts: 2,043 Member
    edited January 2013
    I have a notebook with me when I play. Usually I have a basic storyline planned for each session, although sometimes I just play normally and let what happens in the game dictate what I write about. As the events happen I take screenshots and write a scarce outline of what Ellothiel will say in regards to the pictures. For example, these are the notes for the first paragraph of the update I just published:

"-Feels more comfortable with Anondil now, helps Eloril out on teaching him the basics since she's skilled at teaching them
    -Anondil certainly gathers strange looks when they go out, but no one seems to care as much as she thought they would"

It gets annoying doing it this way sometimes. Depending on how well I have the plot planned in my mind, I either have to write a little or a lot. There are times where I have to write for ten minutes straight, play for a couple minutes to get more screenshots, write for another ten, play another couple minutes, and so on. I could play for two hours and only get through a couple game days. It's satisfying to see the notebook get filled up though.

I actually had a lot of difficulty writing "Forgiveness" as is noticeable by the longer update time. There were a lot of distractions around me, but mostly I just wasn't sure what to write. I take notes so I don't forget what to write since I've played a lot further ahead than what I've posted. However, I don't want to rely on the notes too much. Usually I let my creative juices flow so I can embellish a lot on only a couple sentences. That wasn't working for me this time though. I think it's because there really wasn't anything all that interesting going on. It's also hard to keep things like Ellothiel's reluctance to see her children leave from becoming repetitive. There's only so many ways I can write the same thing over and over X/

Haha, I think that answers your question sufficiently.

But yeah, Eloril will return home eventually. I've got four more posts planned in notes, so he'll be in those. Probably by the 6th or 7th update he'll have to leave though. I wasn't planning on keeping him around so long, but I just like playing him so much <3

I'll give a little sneak peak (!) and say that Eloril's leaving with prompt a move to a new town (and possibly a wardrobe change, still deciding on that). Will it be the last that's seen of him before the end? Maybe. Maybe not. We'll have to see how stubborn he is XD
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    New update titled "Foreign Flavor"!
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    New update titled "Trouble at the Museum"!

Just so you don't get confused, the post is from Threlad's POV.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    New update titled "Fading Time"!
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    New update titled "Thank You"!
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    New update titled "The Second Punch"!
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm glad to see more updates your story keeps getting better an better.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thanks!

New updated titled, "Goodbye"!
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I hope things get better for your Sim as time goes on, she's really sad, for me my Baby Mother is a Fey so she does not have to deal with death.

I also move her from place to place so the game can take over the kids after they turn into YA. She just had her 11th and 12th child and lives in her dream house in Lucky Palms. I needed a change from Sunset City so her story took her to LP, at firs I had no plans to move her from Sunset City at all but I found it made the game more interesting.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I hope things get better for your Sim as time goes on, she's really sad, for me my Baby Mother is a Fey so she does not have to deal with death.

I also move her from place to place so the game can take over the kids after they turn into YA. She just had her 11th and 12th child and lives in her dream house in Lucky Palms. I needed a change from Sunset City so her story took her to LP, at firs I had no plans to move her from Sunset City at all but I found it made the game more interesting.
    Wow, your post is very timely (: This next update is all about Ellothiel and the girls moving to the new town, and Ellothiel becoming happy again. I definitely know what you mean about moving keeping the game interesting. I was getting so bored with Appaloosa Plains, which made it harder to come up with plots for posts as well. Not to mention that town was running slowly keeping up with all of Ellothiel's descendents.

So, without further ado, I'm pleased to announce the next update and start of Part Two is official up! It's titled "Monte Vista".
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I just finished reading it I'm so happy to see your Sim is feeling better. Sadly my Sim fell in love and is having issues with depression after her 13th an 14th child.

However I have plans for an interesting turn around so in time it should be good.
    Right now I'm busy updating Lunar Lakes to Season's and turning the World into an Alien World, lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I've just gotten around to getting updated with your challenge. I really like it. And since I don't think I've remembered to say this yet, but thank you so much for gifting me the FF Outdoors set. I'll definitely get a lot of use out of it (:

New update titled "Trouble in Monte Vista"!
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    zefiewingszefiewings Posts: 2,649 Member
    edited January 2013
    I have only read a few chapters so far, but as a major elf buff, I approve!

EDIT: bah, its really late here and i am tired so I have to stop reading now.
    Do her children know why she does this? I hate to think of the judgment from her own flesh as she continues and continues to conceive.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    ff1pc0.jpg
    My Blog story with the challenge of my own design! Click and see!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    zefiewings wrote:
    I have only read a few chapters so far, but as a major elf buff, I approve!

EDIT: bah, its really late here and i am tired so I have to stop reading now.
    Do her children know why she does this? I hate to think of the judgment from her own flesh as she continues and continues to conceive.
    Thanks so much for reading! I get so happy each time someone says they are being entertained by my story ˄˄

Ellothiel does mention a couple times that her children know. The first vague instance is in "Leaving the Nest", but she states it more directly in "Reluctance". Now that I think about it though, some of her children getting mad at her probably would have made for a good plot line. Oh well XD I'm sure I can find some other way for her children to get mad at her.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm glad you like the set and got a lot of use from it iButterfree. I'm all caught up to your story now, I also just finished making my own Blog, I was really happy with how smooth it all went. I also got all my Chapters linked to it which is good for readers.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Aww darn. I've caught up. I'm impatient and want to know what happens next!

I've mostly been commenting on the blog so that I don't post spoilers on this forum for those who haven't finished yet.

I'm bookmarking. I have to know when you update next!

I love elves.
    ff1pc0.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    zefiewings wrote:
    Aww darn. I've caught up. I'm impatient and want to know what happens next!

I've mostly been commenting on the blog so that I don't post spoilers on this forum for those who haven't finished yet.

I'm bookmarking. I have to know when you update next!

I love elves.
    I just gotta say I love the way you comment, and your timing is impeccable. Like, whatever question or statement you make I answer or talk about in the next update. You sure you're not reading ahead and then going back? ;)

You shouldn't have to worry about long update times. I generally update every 2-3 days. This upcoming week might be a bit slower since my winter break is finally ending and I'm going back to classes, but hopefully I've got enough updates preplanned so the slow down shouldn't be too bad.

You probably haven't been able to tell, but I love elves as well (: I don't know how much of the thread you've read, but I posted earlier that the name Ellothiel comes from a LotR fanfiction I'm writing. The Ellothiel character is actually human, but she lives in Imladris. But hey, if you like reading fantasy stories involving elves you should check out Jacquelyn Smith's Tales of Lasniniar series. The main characters are an elf named Iarion and a dwarf named Barlo. She writes some pretty hilarious dialogue between the two of them.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I just gotta say I love the way you comment, and your timing is impeccable. Like, whatever question or statement you make I answer or talk about in the next update. You sure you're not reading ahead and then going back? ;)

You shouldn't have to worry about long update times. I generally update every 2-3 days. This upcoming week might be a bit slower since my winter break is finally ending and I'm going back to classes, but hopefully I've got enough updates preplanned so the slow down shouldn't be too bad.

You probably haven't been able to tell, but I love elves as well (: I don't know how much of the thread you've read, but I posted earlier that the name Ellothiel comes from a LotR fanfiction I'm writing. The Ellothiel character is actually human, but she lives in Imladris. But hey, if you like reading fantasy stories involving elves you should check out Jacquelyn Smith's Tales of Lasniniar series. The main characters are an elf named Iarion and a dwarf named Barlo. She writes some pretty hilarious dialogue between the two of them.
    I am most certainly not reading ahead lol. I guess we just have a similar style of writing, the things I expect should be answered soon you also think that and answer them.
    I did indeed recognize the name style from Tolkien. You do a good job.
    I shall have to look up Jacquelyn Smith.

P.S I would comment on your story more, but the system makes it a real pain to do through my wordpress account each time. So I generally only bother when I really have something to say. That's why it took so long for me to start commenting. After the first one it was easier but it still takes forever so I keep being too lazy. :oops:
    ff1pc0.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I know what you mean. I have similar annoyances commenting on WordPress blogs. I think maybe now that you're all caught up and not going through the posts one right after the other, it won't be so bothersome. That being said, it's fine of course if you don't feel like commenting on every single update (even if they are so much fun to read ;) )

New update titled "Comings and Goings"!

The download section has also been updated with a download for Nikara and baby daddy Moon Rodgers (created by member teezi85).
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    edited January 2013
    i really love your story ibutterfree. It's interesting how everybody manages to turn their baby challenge into a story.
  • Options
    sarahhasleysarahhasley Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    how do you get your mother to not age while everyone else is aging normally?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    how do you get your mother to not age while everyone else is aging normally?
    I use NRAAS's Master Controller Mod. There's an option under the "Intermediate" section where you can change how many days a Sim has lived in their current age stage. So when Ellothiel gets within a couple days of becoming an adult, I change the days that she's been in the Young Adult stage to 0. That way she has an infinite amount of days to live.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    New update titled "Son"!

The Downloads section has also been updated as well, so don't forget to check it out!
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I was going to make a post like this when I put up the next update, but as I opened Sim 3 to continue playing this challenge I found myself a bit stumped. By choosing not to use the Fertility Treatment reward or have consistent multiples, my challenge is progressing slower than most. Then the fact that it's very plot focused that slows it down even more.

Currently there are 37 1/5 chapters (35 published, 2 still in note form, and the little bit of notes I've written for the 38th chapter), but only 21 children born. That's not even a quarter of the way there. If I remain consistent in my writing, then it will take approximately 177 updates (total) to reach the 100th child. That doesn't even take into account the epilogue of what happens to Ellothiel afterwards. After doing a bit of rounding and guesstimating math, to get finish or get close to the end of the story will take me a a year and a half!

So, it will be quite a while before I finish. The problem is that I'm running low on new plot ideas. I have some big ideas in my head- the main ones being that one child runs away, Ellothiel gets a stalker, Elrundir and Urelia comes visit at different times, Eloril makes a return as well, the family's money gets stolen and they have to struggle with living in a tiny house again, a child dies young, and Ellothiel gets hurt and momentarily loses her memory (a reference to the Ellothiel character in my fanfiction where this Ellothiel takes her name from; the fanfiction character loses her memory completely). However, these events will need to be spaced out and none of the children or Sims around really fit into the plot points.

This is why I've decided to turn to you guys for a bit of help. Please go ahead and suggest something that you'd like to see in the story. It can be anything at all, and you can suggest as many ideas as you want. If you want to offer one of your male Sims as a daddy, give me a link and a small description of how you think he and Ellothiel would interact. I have every expansion pack except Showtime, so use those to help influence your creativity. You can leave ideas on the blog as well.

Thank you guys so much! Even if it's hard, I'll see this challenge through to the end (:
    mss8gv9