Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's behind a name? A redo for fun...

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    123StarStrukk123StarStrukk Posts: 7,876 Member
    edited December 2012
    Ooh I like this idea(:

Ready for the most pathetic thing.. ever?

My Username.

Yes, my username did come from a trashy Katy Perry/3OH!3 song.. Awks. :3
  • Options
    yz2907yz2907 Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited December 2012
    Ooh I like this idea(:

My Username.

It's okay. My username came from the date I got a stuffed animal. :lol:
    <a href=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/60/620417.page#9897528>My full username explanation</a>
  • Options
    123StarStrukk123StarStrukk Posts: 7,876 Member
    edited December 2012
    yz2907 wrote:
    Ooh I like this idea(:

My Username.

It's okay. My username came from the date I got a stuffed animal. :lol:
    <a href=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/60/620417.page#9897528>My full username explanation</a>

That was actually a pretty cute storyy :P

Ohh man, Webkinz were my life back in the day.. Gts(;
  • Options
    conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited December 2012
    two things I love conundrums (riddles) and dragons...
  • Options
    SeascapeSeascape Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited December 2012
    romagi1 wrote:
    Seascape wrote:
    Mine is quite simple in explanation as well...I paint seascapes. I love seascapes, I love the sea...

I enjoy being by the sea to watch the sunrises and sunsets over the water, love being out on boats and leaning over the side to feel the spray of the water as we jettison through the water, walking along the water's edge collecting seashells and seaglass and stones washed smooth and shiny by the salt water, or just sitting on a rock or a jetty with a seagull and sharing my bagel.

I love the sounds of and by the sea...gentle waters lapping, rushing roars of waves as they roll onto the beach, the crashing of stormy sea waves, the cry of the seagulls...

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever."
    Jacques Yves Cousteau

Seascape, you make it all sound so peaceful, romantic and beautiful....but the first time I saw the ocean in RL was shortly after sitting in the front row at the movies to watch the original Jaws. The beauty of the ocean never had a chance. I will remain inland. :lol:

One of my favorite movies of all time! It still didn't keep me out of or away from the ocean and it never will. If anything, it triggered more of my curiosity and subsequent education about sharks.

I'd rather take my chances in or on the ocean than in a car any day! :-)
  • Options
    MajesticEternityMajesticEternity Posts: 100
    edited December 2012
    romagi1 wrote:
    Seascape, you make it all sound so peaceful, romantic and beautiful....but the first time I saw the ocean in RL was shortly after sitting in the front row at the movies to watch the original Jaws. The beauty of the ocean never had a chance. I will remain inland. :lol:

Lol, yea, Jaws...scary...But you're missing out! The beach is incredible!!
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited December 2012
    romagi1 wrote:

:lol: Oh my....

Me, I love the sea under the right conditions.

Unfortunately, the water closest to me rarely has the right conditions.
  • Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    edited December 2012
    Seascape wrote:
    One of my favorite movies of all time! It still didn't keep me out of or away from the ocean and it never will. If anything, it triggered more of my curiosity and subsequent education about sharks.

I am with you on this one, Sea!

The biggest moment of my life, apart from my boyfriend taking me to TOUCH dolphins early this year, was many years ago on a vacation, where I was on a small boat, on a fishing trip.
    Suddenly there were 5-6 dolphins around the boat, chipper and splashing about. I nearly fainted with happiness :D. Being at sea = a chance to be close to those heavenly creatures. So if I have to pick between driving down a highway and that - highway cannot win :D.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited December 2012
    Can you believe that I actually hate faeries? Go figure.XD This username was created for a website called neopets, I played when I was like 10.And it was just easy to remember.I really want to change my name to lighthouses or hauntedlighthouse.

Now for the lighthouse name; I absolutely love lighthouses.My dream(which will never come true) is to live in a lighthouse that sits atop a rocky cliff; over looking the sea with the sound of the waves crashing and the quiet ocean breezes at night; while in the morning I can report weather; help keep the lighthouse clean and tidy...Basically I want to be a lighthouse keeper.:P

lighthouse_puzzle_photo_1A.jpg
    My dream home ^ XD and that is why I want my username to be lighthouse related.
  • Options
    ShrillShrill Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited December 2012
    Seascape wrote:

When I was a child I was *obsessed* with sharks! I'd watch Jaws over and over, and I had this enormous book about sharks and I'd follow my poor mam around reading out random facts and describing attacks :P I think I was a bit of a macabre child...

Now I live just down the road from the sea, I'm in north east England though so there's nothing very exciting swimming around. It doesn't get better though, than a cold frosty day walking along the beach, all wrapped up with a bag of fish & chips :D

Springfairy living in a lighthouse sounds idyllic, now that's my dream too!
  • Options
    okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited December 2012
    Can you believe that I actually hate faeries? Go figure.XD This username was created for a website called neopets, I played when I was like 10.And it was just easy to remember.I really want to change my name to lighthouses or hauntedlighthouse.

Now for the lighthouse name; I absolutely love lighthouses.My dream(which will never come true) is to live in a lighthouse that sits atop a rocky cliff; over looking the sea with the sound of the waves crashing and the quiet ocean breezes at night; while in the morning I can report weather; help keep the lighthouse clean and tidy...Basically I want to be a lighthouse keeper.:P

My dream home ^ XD and that is why I want my username to be lighthouse related.

I used to play Neopets too. It's been a long time since that though :D
    Lighthouses can be very pretty. Where I live someone made a house of a water tower, it 's really pretty :D

I saw the fake shark used in Jaws when I was in L.A. in Universal Studio's loved that movie and it's funny to hear that the shark didn't work properly most of the time :D
  • Options
    xvkiweevxxvkiweevx Posts: 470 Member
    edited December 2012
    Well my name came from a online game I played many years ago. My name in the game was Kiwee, and I had to create a name for their forums. So thats were xvkiweevx came from. Old gaming thing back when people wrote things like c0rn br3ad.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited December 2012
    TRajah wrote:
    Some fun stories here. :D

Angel, I specifically have to comment on yours -- I don't find anything funny about liking angels or eyes. :D I still love angels, have all my life. And eyes *can* be a gateway to the soul. No laughing here!

YEa to me angels is still important (I'm more than 30) and eyes is known as the souls mirro... eyes say so much about a person.....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    DACHALDACHAL Posts: 87
    edited December 2012
    Wow, there's a lot behind a name!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited December 2012
    Seascape
    love the story
    I was bron with the smell of sea.. and farmland...
    on a farm on a small iceland, the sea being ever presant....
    I feel best at home with open land, and the sea close by...
    I need to feel the turn of seasons... smell it...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    dreambluangeldreambluangel Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited December 2012
    DACHAL wrote:
    Wow, there's a lot behind a name! Well, mine is a very long story. Basically, I fall in love when I was like 15 years old, for me that person was the one. We couldn't date because I had to move away, but I think one day maybe I'll find the person, and we can give a try to our relationship. Like I have this crazy crush, I decided on putting some the initials of that person's name and a code we used to have for saying goodbye when we talked on the phone in my username, she loved Sims so I hope maybe one day that person will see my name and wonder why! :oops: :cry::D

Still having faith! Lol

That is SO ROMANTIC ! I am now hoping one day they see the name and wonder why ...maybe see this thread or one like it and romance rekindled!!!!

@ Angeliii I too was obsessed with angels as a teen..never totally grew out of it!

@ rhey I like the spelling that way..my daughters middle name is rae...third generation after my mother and my mothers father ( who has the masculine ray as his middle name)

I am loving everyones stories!!

also I posted about this thread in another thread where I saw somepeople with interesting names or names someone hoped to see here had previously posted so here's hoping some of them show up!
  • Options
    TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited December 2012
    The first bit "Tayla" is my name :) and cfc is the football team i support which is chelsea football club, our whole family loves that team were very passionate about it :) espically my grandad we wore chelsea shirts to his funeral and played blue is the colour so yeah and ive been to one of their parades it was cool so yeah thats my username :)
  • Options
    tigertotstigertots Posts: 1,865 Member
    edited December 2012
    Taylacfc wrote:
    The first bit "Tayla" is my name :) and cfc is the football team i support which is chelsea football club, our whole family loves that team were very passionate about it :) espically my grandad we wore chelsea shirts to his funeral and played blue is the colour so yeah and ive been to one of their parades it was cool so yeah thats my username :)

Just ordered my son a chelsea top for xmas - he wanted Torres but not sure if they are going to sell him so I just had our surname put on instead :wink:
  • Options
    angeliii82angeliii82 Posts: 2,042 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm not anti angels or eyes, I hope I didn't come across that way! I just am not obsessed like I was back in the day. I think we all mature in our tastes as we get older, the way we look at things change, our priorities shift.

As for the angels, I work for 3 churches, so I'm surrounded by that imagery all day, so I think I just got over the obsession and now angel images & statues are now just "nice to have around" not a "must have." If that makes sense.

As for the eyes... I've just moved from the "getting lost in someone's eyes" from looking at they eyes as a way to understand a person's emotions at the moment. I work with teens, so I spend more time focusing on the emotion and comfort level in the eyes in the context of body language than anything else. Maybe I'm a bit jaded too because I haven't had the opportunity to get lost in a great pair of deep brown eyes in a very, very long time!

I hope I didn't offend any of the eye and angel lovers out their!
  • Options
    FyniaFynia Posts: 433 New Member
    edited December 2012
    It's so fascinating to read all these different stories behind the names! Here's my story:

I love to escape from my everyday life and I love fantasy books and movies. Therefore I have made my own imaginary world where I go sometimes when I have nothing else to do or when I need to relax. For this world I needed a new name because my real name is too boring and usual so I wrote down some names that I liked and tried to combine them to a good name and that's how Fynia was born!

I know it sounds weird, but I really like to daydream!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2012
    Most people like to daydream, Fynia. That is not weird. It is how dreams become reality. ; }
  • Options
    LavynderHazeLavynderHaze Posts: 813 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Mine is actually from a song I used to listen to a lot. It's called "Do You" by Jewel.

Hey, you say you like the way the cowboys tip their hats and say,
    "How's it goin' ma'am?"
    But you're never quite clear if their glares are sincere
    Or really only just second hand
    To you it's all roses, its a lavender haze
    The man is a marvel, but it's a shame about his brains
    But that's OK-
    They say "he's got straight teeth and it's good sex".

you look to the sky, You look to the man
    you claim innocence and not to understand
    Or do you, do you?

There's a big man wearing a white suit and patent leather shoes
    he want to take his monkeys to see the kids at the zoo
    'Cause the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on the corner said
    "Hey, Mister you can't lose."
    And it's your first day at the track
    you feel that heat of your back
    We all want to find a way to beat the system
    Find some rhythem in the madness
    Get down on your knees and pray
    Say, "I'll do whatever you want, God
    Just let me have my way"
    Well will you, will you?
    come on all you merry men
    rally your cry
    dance with the devil for tomorrow we'll surely...
    Hey, hey blow the men down
    You with all your cigarettes and cool stares, filled with blank glares and loaded regrets. Just like the girls today today with nothing to say
    No more pigtails and pony rides
    They're sophisticated
    They sip on lattes
    And have their eyes on a bigger prize

We shake our fists and say, "Well good golly we're mad
    That God kills children with our very own hands"
    We claim innocence and not to understand
    Or do we, do we?
    come on all you merry men
    Rally your cry
    dance with the devil for tomorrow we'll surely
    Hey, hey blow the men down
    Blow the men down
    Hey

That part stood out to me, I really liked it. I still like it and this username is about 9 or 10 years old I think. I use it on a lot of websites but I also used to use one called Zygote, which I only used because it was the last word in my dictionary and couldn't come up with anything. I learned to like Zygote a bit more after taking Biology and Biology II and learning more about actual zygotes. I also learned in Anatomy & Physiology that the cheek bones are called Zygomatic bones and that made me happy, because when you smile your cheeks really change shape. Anyway I don't know why I put the 'y' in Lavynder, but I guess it just made it unique. I don't know.
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited December 2012

That part stood out to me, I really liked it. I still like it and this username is about 9 or 10 years old I think. I use it on a lot of websites but I also used to use one called Zygote, which I only used because it was the last word in my dictionary and couldn't come up with anything. I learned to like Zygote a bit more after taking Biology and Biology II and learning more about actual zygotes. I also learned in Anatomy & Physiology that the cheek bones are called Zygomatic bones and that made me happy, because when you smile your cheeks really change shape. Anyway I don't know why I put the 'y' in Lavynder, but I guess it just made it unique. I don't know.

I does make it unique, and made it to be something more you...like I said, mine started out with a Duran Duran song speaking to me (because that was the state I was in at the time)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICnlyNUt_0o

"who do you need, who do you love, when you come undone?" So I understand.

For everyone, I love the portion of you that you are sharing. Thank you, even it is has been done before, more people get to know the real person...thank you.
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm still hoping more will share...and maybe I will try and find the older thread so others will know about some of the older members as well.

I always love story time, and believe me, I don't think ANY of these are boring...another poster said it well, that...well, this is a piece of you that you are sharing. I do want to thank those who have shared your stories...I know some of you are doing it for the umpteenth time, but a great icebreaker. Let me just say some of the stories had me laugh out loud, others have moved me to tear, and pretty much they ALL have made me smile.

So c'mon...you know you want too :mrgreen: