Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2012
    -- Updated through here --

@killerpoet: Added your issues.

The mail box issue is connected to the gifts not the metal. I'll be making a post about it to make it clearer but the issue is basically that if you get a gift from a Sim that has been removed from the neighborhood for whatever reason (moved away for example or went missing) BEFORE you can retrieve the gift, the game is not finding the reference and it makes the Sim jump without retrieving any of the content of the mailbox. Does not matter what's in there.

Starting today I will only answer stuff I know a solution too and that hasn't been covered over and over. I'll add your issues if they are new and not on the list. Starting December I will then not check back here.

I'm getting a bit exhausted, probably because we had two EPs so close together so I'm tuning down on the helping before I get a burn-out.

Check my blog for news or help each other out.

You're welcome to post all your issues even if I don't answer them cause hopefully EA will see them. I do think most of the bigger issues are identified (and many are already fixed by Twallan). All we can do now is wait for a patch. Not sure if I have the energy to collect new issues when they do have one for us.

I also want to say that I'm unsure at this point if I will do a bug thread for the next EP when it comes out. Depends a little on the release date. It really frustrates me that there is no word from any EA representative that they even read here. Don't know if it helps them in any way. I sometimes wonder if it's all a big waste of time for all of us.

Twallan has gotten so good with fixing and identifying stuff that I might try to just read up in his wiki and do posts from there instead of doing a bug thread here.

Does it make you guys feel better to know that your bug is listed and that you're not alone with the issue ? I mean 90% of the problems never receive a proper solution so is it still worth our time or would it be better to just go and look for solutions elsewhere ?

If you have any thoughts on this, let me know - and no, not looking for a lot of thanks yous and stuff but rather for some constructive criticism/idea to make the bug thread experience less frustrating.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    XDragonFlyXXDragonFlyX Posts: 88 New Member
    edited November 2012
    @crinrict, I hear what you're saying, you work very hard and give a lot - and it definitely helps so many people. (I have found your bug threads a big help many times).

I think the fact they sticky this thread means they are listening and do appreciate yor efforts. Maybe it's company policy they can't comment on a thread like this - who knows?

:)
  • Options
    killerpoetkillerpoet Posts: 238 Member
    edited November 2012
    I recorded a two minute video of the massive que drops I was talking about, this one is my sim trying to ask his friend if he's married and then what his career is. Problem is you can't get through the question for him to answer because there are kittens trying to bother him and his que drops out so you need to ask like a dozen times and hope the kittens stop bothering him long enough to ask your questions. The same thing happens with sims when you are trying to play the guitar or what not.. ques are continually dropping out for what you want your sims to do.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=435614

this is the link to the video
  • Options
    lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    edited November 2012
    my sim is unable to freeze to death, i get the moodlet that says 3 hours left intill frozen, but it never counts down!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    @XDragonFlyX: I really hope so

@killerpoet: I'll add the link.

@lizmac21: It's not 3 hours left until they are frozen. I don't know what that countdown means. You get the same for the soaked one. It does not count down while your outside in the rain.

To have your Sim freeze to death, he also needs to starve. Sound stupid but once his hunger is low enough he'll die and get the color of the frozen to death Sim. I've tried leaving my Sim outside for days, always dragging up his needs so he wouldn't starve but then I read somewhere that he does need to starve. Dragged the hunger all the way down and he died moments later, a nice frozen to death color.

Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    sakurablossom221sakurablossom221 Posts: 39 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm having a lot of issues with CAS after installing Seasons. It seems to happen in switching between sims in CAS but also after choosing Outerwear. Here's a screenshot of one instance. Sometimes, the sims turn solid gray with black eyes or a weird green-black as well. Once this happens, my game always crashes about a minute later.

ScreenShot2012-11-26at34620PM.png
  • Options
    janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hi Crin,
    I'm not sure if this was reported, I think I may have seen something similar but I couldn't find it when I looked. Sorry if it has already been reported. It isn't on the first page.

My Sims had two snow days, each time the bus came and took them to school. The first time the bus brought them home and they came home without homework. The second time, when they didn't come home on time, I looked to see where they were and they were playing in the snow outside of the school. I am assuming that's what they were doing while I thought they were in school. I tried to cancel the action for them to go to school, but I couldn't.

Also, I noticed that you had posted the question if anyone knew how to call the kids out sick from school. I never saw a reply and I still haven't figured out how to do that. I tried using the phones, but I didn't see an option for it. Have you learned how to do that?? I have been sending my kids to school sick because I don't know how to call them out sick. Sending them has had no negative effect on the game.

Thanks again, you are amazing :)
  • Options
    Simmons1234Simmons1234 Posts: 186 Member
    edited November 2012
    The dresser becomes unusable if an object is on it (like a picture or a stereo).
    crinrict wrote:
    @Simmons1234:

- Any object or just the greeting card pictures ? I'll add that

Just the greeting card pictures I've noticed.
  • Options
    ktan458ktan458 Posts: 8
    edited November 2012
    I REALLY need help. So, recently I installed Seasons, and the options to control weather and the new traits TECHNICALLY show up themselves, but the text does not show up. It displays the icons for traits and the places are there for the options controlling weather, but they are blank and have no text. HELP!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    @sakurablossom221: Are you on a Mac ? Are your drivers updated ? It's best to post in technical

@ktan458: Any mods in your game ?

Updated the rest.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited November 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @Stinalina:

- Yeah. seeing that too. No idea what triggers them to change. I'll add that
    - Did you get a message for snow day each day or did it say that it would be more than one day ?
    - Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. I don't have a pond in my game but my Sims have the option grayed out and as soon as another Sim gets on the rink, it disappears. They can never spin alone.
    - Don't know if anyone from EA is looking here either. It's really quite sad. Honestly, I don't understand anything about Macs so it's all an abstract concept. This makes it hard to keep up with the technical issue.

Thanks for adding the outerwear issue.
    I got individual messages for each days, and it was only one day it said she skipped school. Maybe it was just a one time glitch. I will keep an eye out if it happens again.

I can recommend getting a pond :) It look quit cute when they spin. Hopefully they will be able to at the rank at some point too. What world are you in? Isn't there a fishing pond somewhere?

Im glad if EA actually looks here, I know they deleted some of BluebellFloras post in the mac forum, but they don't comment on anything... I hope something will happen soon.
    And I do think its very helpful for all us that we can see others having issues too in the game. Makes it a little less frustrating that your not alone.

But I still understand if you need a break form all of this. I think people should keep posting the issues regardless if you answer or not, just to have it all in one thread. Then it must be up to EA to do their job.

• Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited November 2012
    @crinrict

The bug thread is certainly helpful even if it is just to let us know that it is not just our own game that is getting the bugs .

What is a disapointment is the lack of simple courtesy by EA for a single member of staff to post on here that they are aware of these bugs and they are looking to fix at least the worst of them .
    That would take a single member of staff at most 5 minutes a day to get up to date with this thread and post .
    It amazes me in this day and age that EA do not give their customers that courtesy . Go onto any other companies site that make PC and Mac games and look at their forums and they have at least a couple of staff who try and help and pass on bugs that are usually fixed . EA on the other hand have the attitude that because they have our money they no longer care about us .End of Rant .
  • Options
    Morganvil225Morganvil225 Posts: 1,300 New Member
    edited November 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    Mod Issues
    --> Related to ErrorTrap. Replace the festival lot from the bin.

What if I just get rid of ErrorTrap? Then will a festival come?
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited November 2012
    So is the crashing a seasons problem with EA because I do have mods but my game crashes and my friend doesn't play with mods but her game crashes.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I was fishing for an answer from a Guru on Twitter and I got one that satisfy me. So at the moment, all is good for me.

@Morganvil225: No. ET deleted the lot maker (I think) so you need to replace it (maybe it works to just replace the lot maker but I'm unsure about that).
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited November 2012
    So is the crashing a seasons problem with EA because I do have mods but my game crashes and my friend doesn't play with mods but her game crashes.

It really depends. Crashes have many reasons. Outdated mods are just one reason.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    daystar07daystar07 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Hi,
    Wanted to report some problems. After reading the intro post, I too have the following:

- Plants that were at harvest state before going dormant can't be harvested anymore

New problems that aren't listed:

- No matter which neighborhood I choose, there are NO more "Beautiful Vista"/"Beautiful Park" moodlets. (I went to lots that I knew contained these bonuses). After installing Seasons, NO lots seem to have these moodlets.

- Sims change into incorrect clothing. Ex. when gardening, sometimes they change into sleepwear. Sometimes they don't change clothes when leaving the house. One sim changed into his career outfit (Chef) when reading a book about cooking, and also when cooking a meal at home.

- Gardening glitch where sims Tend the garden, but stop prematurely. (Usually they do almost the entire garden, but leave one or two plants). (This is not the same bug as with the vacation destinations, where they stop after each plant).

About my game:
    - All EPs/Stuff Packs
    - No Mods, etc.
    - lots of store content, but no player/cc

• Options
    Morganvil225Morganvil225 Posts: 1,300 New Member
    edited November 2012
    crinrict wrote:

@Morganvil225: No. ET deleted the lot maker (I think) so you need to replace it (maybe it works to just replace the lot maker but I'm unsure about that).

Don't you mean EA? And whenever I went into mapview, the Festival Grounds icon was always there.

Edit: If what I did doesn't work, how do I replace the lot maker?
  • Options
    KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    edited November 2012
    KatzMeowz wrote:

Firefighters who can work from home no longer get festival days off. :(

Sounds like reality has caught up with the Sims Fire Department.

In actuality, I'm still on duty at the fire station after spending Thanksgiving pulling a 24 hour shift.

Public safety holidays are more a mindset than a reality.

Again, sims isn't real life. :roll:

Also, the sim DID get festival days off (NO emergencies) until she reached the promotion where she gets the fire alarm and truck to work from home. Once that happened then festival days became regular work days.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    crinrict wrote:

Don't you mean EA? And whenever I went into mapview, the Festival Grounds icon was always there.

Edit: If what I did doesn't work, how do I replace the lot maker?

No ET as in ErrorTrap.

I really don't know the details. Check with Twallan.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    MissScarletMissScarlet Posts: 16 New Member
    edited November 2012

What level handiness does your sim have ? They need a few levels before they can upgrade the spaceship . I cannot remember exactly how many though offhand

She has both logic and handiness skills on level 10 but i cant find the option to upgrade :(
  • Options
    D2DiamondD2Diamond Posts: 307 Member
    edited November 2012
    My issues: None of the "pictures" are showing up. When my sims go to the photobooth either from Supernatural, or the festival greeting card booth, I get a frame with no image. Or any memory images are also not being produced.

I have to delete and drop a new festival every season. Other wise it won't produce the festival booths, games, etc.

With Supernatural my sims would stop, and 'reset' after harvesting in the garden, and now it's getting worse. They are resetting, and even loosing items in their inventory. One sim even had all her outfits affected. She was wearing her Halloween costume when I had her harvest some pumpkins. When she reset, and all her outfits for all categories were her Halloween outfit.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? Yes to CC, no to Mods
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) N/A
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ? Both.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? Most Resent
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Transfer
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Twinbrooke
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD
    TSR%20Banner.png
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Just wanted to post that there IS a workaround for the routing issues caused by greeting cards.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/618067.page

Stick them in an AMB digital photo frame.
  • Options
    Kirsty94Kirsty94 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited November 2012
    The only real problem in my game is that my sims cannot Ice Skate, Rollerblade, or Snowboard. They make it onto the rinks, then teleport off straight away for ice skating and rollerblading. And for snowboarding they will not even climb the ladder..

I hope a fix for this is found soon :( Winter is becoming very boring when I cannot ice skate or snowboard.

Thanks !
  • Options
    Roxy2000971Roxy2000971 Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Now that I installed sims 3 seasons, my mixologist doesn't earn any money at the bars :( . They only get tips. Before the were able to earn money with or without tips.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top