Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's chemistry, baby!

I'd like to have some chemistry in the game! Perhaps this is a request for another EP-maybe something along the lines of Nightlife in TS2. Right now most of my sims romantic interactions feel like work. I'd like sims to have preferences, so that it would be a little easier, and more importantly, more fun to find a boyfriend or girlfriend. Maybe a Heartbreaker sim could have a couple of extra slots for what they are attracted to-you know, the "I'm in love with everybody" effect.
For preferences, I'd like to see eye and hair color, fitness level, career, wealth, good or evil-maybe collections too, for the nerd/anorak sims? Any ideas or comments on this?

Comments

• Options
    DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited August 2009
    bump.
  • Options
    SabsyRinaJackGurlSabsyRinaJackGurl Posts: 4,226 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Meh. Never liked chemistry.
  • Options
    FrogstarFrogstar Posts: 58 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I see what you mean we need more variety in the romantic interactions
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Really? Well to each his or her own. To me, it made the game more fun-but then I like watching the little pixels interact.
  • Options
    PinkiePie618PinkiePie618 Posts: 798 Member
    edited August 2009
    I never liked chemistry either, I found it made it harder to get sims together if their likes didn't match and I still wanted them together. But then again, I rarely buy EPs because there are so many that come out. Maybe if they drop to like $5 I would get one...so my opinion shouldn't matter much, I'm happy with the base game.
  • Options
    ahjahbeanahjahbean Posts: 208 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I definately agree with you. I find it difficult to pair people up in this game whereas the sims 2 I always had couples. The first family that I played were three generations of single moms who all adopted babies and died as spinsters! LOL!. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but you nailed it. It's the lack of chemistry!
  • Options
    MannysMommyMannysMommy Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree. I miss those lightning strikes. Everyone can fall in love with anyone on this game. The sims have personality but there is no love personality.
  • Options
    MJ902008MJ902008 Posts: 818 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i liked the chemistry thing too. and i wish the romantic interactions were all available all the time. in real life you don't have to kiss and massage your bf/gf to get to make out with them. or embrace them and what not. it's just annoying, especially if you're all the way up to woohoo and then they decide they must go to the bathroom first.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, I guess it's a matter of just how controlling you like to be in the game. I tend towards super control freak mode-so I like the little bit of randomness that the chemistry adds. Sometimes that cute guy just doesn't like brunettes! or whatever.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    if you're all the way up to woohoo and then they decide they must go to the bathroom first.

Ah yes-the important bathroom break!
  • Options
    1Brokestar1Brokestar Posts: 44 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah i am with you on the chemistry thing. I don't like that sims can just fall in love with everyone. and bring back the matchmaker! :D
  • Options
    melaniem68melaniem68 Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'd love to see chemistry in the game. As I just posted in another thread (about Uni), Uni, NL and AL are my favorite TS2 EPs. I wish the first EP had been either a college one, or a Nightlife-like one (with attraction and chemistry).

And I agree that I would love for eye color to be a turn-on/off as well as hair color. Hey, if a Sim can dye his/her hair by using Change Appearance, why not get "colored contacts" too, if we want to be able to change it to match someone's turn on/off?

When I play TS2 (which I still play as well), half the fun is seeing who goes for whom on their own. But even if I want to put 2 particular Sims together, I can always manipulate their aspirations and turn ons/offs to mesh. I could even use a cheat to make their zodiac signs attracted to each other's (or at least not repelled), but I've never gone that far!

ETA: I like the OP's other ideas for turn-ons/offs too. As well as having extra or fewer slots for particular traits.
  • Options
    KeylimepieKeylimepie Posts: 1,078 New Member
    edited August 2009
    In Sims 2 Nightlife, did you have to give them a turn off? Because I don't really care what someone's hair color is, and I wouldn't want my sims to either. =/ I think it's cute to have my sims really like redheads or whatever, though.
  • Options
    melaniem68melaniem68 Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2009
    They did have to have a turn-off, but it didn't have to be hair color; I just used that as an example. It could also be stinkiness (or cologne), fatness (or fitness), glasses, makeup (either regular or full-face), unemployment (or being high in a career) or being a vampire. All of those were available as both turn-ons and turn-offs, as well as hair color, and with a later EP, being skilled in different areas, or being one of the other "creatures" in the game.
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    Yes, I also want chemistry in the game
  • Options
    LadyHempLadyHemp Posts: 36 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree. I liked it when I would find that one perfect person for my sims. When it was 3 lightning bolts I knew I just had to get those sims together. Since now they have personality traits it would be fun if certain personality types clashed more heavily with each other than others and things like that. I miss dates and chemistry.
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree! And, with sims 3 having story progression, sims on their own should on their own get rom. interest/bf/gf or whatever with at least mild chemistry. All of those romantic interests should make a comeback to! Now, we're limited! Also, it'd be cool for sims to be able to stare at their rom. interest/bf gf as a social interaction from far away! Also, some winking too! Or just someone that they think is hot in the same way, but the other sim could refuse/get disgusted.
  • Options
    simlvr6695simlvr6695 Posts: 356 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :thumbup:
    yes.
  • Options
    Sarah999Sarah999 Posts: 159 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Chemistry is the one thing I really, really miss from Sims 2 with the expansions. I want it back so badly!!!
  • Options
    cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yes, bring back chemistry. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited August 2009
    I liked chemistry in TS2, but if they bring it back they need to revise it somehow, because I never liked my committed, married couples displaying that heart-showering attraction stuff when another Sim walked by. And they did this right in front of their mate. Kinda tacky.

Sometimes they'd even ignore their mate all night at a party to go talk to someone else they were attracted to. And the 3-bolt thing sometimes didn't matter, if they had 3 bolts with someone else too. Sometimes they'd still go talk to someone else besides their mate, even if they had less than 3 bolts with the other Sim. So that didn't really work out well.

In TS3, it's refreshing to not see all that swooning, panting, cat calling behavior. And it didn't matter if the Sim was ugly or not, because it was based on zodiac or aspiration compatibility, or what color hair they had. So they could be attracted to a plain, ugly Sim, when their own wife or husband was super cute and hot. Silly, really.
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited August 2009
    weather it be chemestry or something, i think more attraction type stuff. I did find that if to many of them were alike a sim could not make up their mind and was attracted to alot of others. So maybe not as strong as that but strong enough to find them a special someone.
  • Options
    crazybadazycrazybadazy Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah I liked this about ts2, they would be attracted to certain hair colors or what not. They should do the lightning bolt thing also to show how attracted they are.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yes melanim68, we are on the same page, thinking wise. It is fun seeing for whom my sim falls on his or her own-I found some unexpectedly cool sims that way.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oh gee- I'd actually forgotten all about the lightning bolts. I loved them!