Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimAngel's Building Competition~••Winners Announced! Pg.33 ••

Comments

• Options
    mschumannmschumann Posts: 758 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hey Sunflower, I'd be glad to clear this up for you. 10 photos is MAX regardless. If you choose to post some pictures on this showcase thread, I believe 5 is the MAX and if you want to link to a slideshow or another showcase to provide more photos, 10 is the MAX.
  • Options
    Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited July 2012
    Some Day Fairy Tale Cottage

Front2.jpg

I chose to follow the interior floorplan, keeping it intact, so I could play with the outdoors more. However with the exception of the roof and the attached wrap-around bridge/deck, the outside remained unchanged as well (the walls remain the same).

Overview.jpg

This cottage was built by Jim and Cindy Darling. They met under such magical circumstances, they both agreed it was just like a fairy tale. When they married and built this cottage they decided to decorate it in a fairy tale fashion. Each room has a distinct character which takes one into the world of fairy tales ... all types of fairy tales. At the same time, it is practical and serves as both their home and their workplace as Jim is a stay-at-home writer and Cindy is an artist.

The first floor holds true to the original floorlan offering 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a combination kitchen and dining area and a living room. Steps to the attic are in the kitchen.

Living Room
    Living.jpg

Kitchen
    Kitchen.jpg

Master Bedroom
    Master.jpg

The attic serves as their work areas; he has a writing/reading area there, along with his exercise equipment and she as an artist's studio. There is also a full bath on this floor.

There is a basement which is not exactly attached to the house. It is beneath the house but is reached by stairs in the garage. The basement houses a laundry room, bathroom, game room / bar, martial arts workout room, nectar with nectar machine and tasting/storage room, a hot tub and swimming pool.

The outside has an extended porch which becomes a walk-around/wrap-around deck with a bridge over a pond. It is a great area for relaxing and entertaining guests. There is also a planted, fenced garden and a one-car detached garage.

Slideshow of all 10 photos: http://s474.photobucket.com/albums/rr109/kinzcommunity/Sims/Sims 3 Some Day Fairy Tale Cottage/?albumview=slideshow

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6133946

Thank you for the opportunity to participate in your contest. I enjoyed building this and I do hope it meets your requirements.

Thanks.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited July 2012
    I guess I am about 75% done. It's taking me so long because I haven't built in so long. :lol:

Just wanted to ask a quick question: It's a 10 picture max to showcase on the thread, but albums can have more pictures? Or is it 10 pictures in total regardless of how I want to show the house?

I will have my house in before the deadline but not much sooner. :P

Don't feel bad. It took forever for me to do the cabin, and this current lot I'm working on I've been doing off and on for days now. :shock: I keep redoing the interior. I think I finally have a look I like though. :wink:

@Faith_Andhope It's so colorful and unique!

I certainly feel for the judges, as I could never make a decision like this. 8)
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    Heather3184Heather3184 Posts: 431 Member
    edited July 2012
    All the lots are so spectacular!! You guys are going to give us a hard time to pick the winning lots. :P
    bea341.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Is that code for: It's gaudy and weird? LOL. Just kidding.I couldn't decide on a theme and when I finally did it just got really fun to do it this way. I have NEVER done anything so unusual before; I'm always so traditional in my builds. But this was fun in more ways than one.

1. I enjoyed working from the floor plan; I've only done that once before and not to meet the expectation of someone else, but rather just for myself.

2. And I enjoyed doing something outlandish; I've never done that before and I really wanted to do something "unique." So mission accomplished I guess. :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Is that code for: It's gaudy and weird? LOL. Just kidding.I couldn't decide on a theme and when I finally did it just got really fun to do it this way. I have NEVER done anything so unusual before; I'm always so traditional in my builds. But this was fun in more ways than one.

1. I enjoyed working from the floor plan; I've only done that once before and not to meet the expectation of someone else, but rather just for myself.

2. And I enjoyed doing something outlandish; I've never done that before and I really wanted to do something "unique." So mission accomplished I guess. :lol:

Hey, now gaudy and weird is not colorful and unique. Shabby chic is, and I'm the queen of it! :P Ask heather, most of my lots are rather shabby and cluttered and just way too much of one thing or another. I love making use of different patterns and textures. Sometimes it's WAY to much, and sometimes it just works. :wink:
  • Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited July 2012
    mschumann wrote:
    Hey Sunflower, I'd be glad to clear this up for you. 10 photos is MAX regardless. If you choose to post some pictures on this showcase thread, I believe 5 is the MAX and if you want to link to a slideshow or another showcase to provide more photos, 10 is the MAX.

Thank you so much! I thought I had read that, but I noticed some albums have many more than 10 pictures in it so I thought I misunderstood. :oops:
  • Options
    PEACHES327PEACHES327 Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited July 2012
    mschumann wrote:
    Hey Peaches, I just checked out the link for the pictures for my entry on the first page. My pictures are still linked to my full showcase slideshow and not to my 10 photo slideshow. Here's the link again to the slideshow with 10 pictures.

10 Photo Slideshow

Thanks!

Thank you for providing a link to the correct 10-picture album. I have updated your entry on page one. :)
    Please Visit My Sims 3 & 4 Blog! studiopeaches.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    mschumann wrote:

Thank you so much! I thought I had read that, but I noticed some albums have many more than 10 pictures in it so I thought I misunderstood. :oops:

Sunflower, the correct amount of pictures is 10 MAX. Just to re-confirm. You are welcome to post a showcase for others with more than the alotted 10 but the judges will not use the additional photos in their decision-making. We want everyone to find the 10 pictures that show off their lot best and use those as a selling-point for their lots. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    To All Competitors:

Please ensure that the album for your entry contains the alotted 10 pictures only. One of the challenges of this build is to find the best 10 pictures that showcase your lot.

Remember to include the street-view and overhead layout as those are mandatory.

If an album with more than 10 pictures is linked with your entry, please take these last five days to provide a link to an album with the correct amount of pictures. If I linked your entry to the wrong album (as some of you have provided 2 albums in your entries) please let me know to correct this.

The following entries have albums with more than the alotted 10 pictures:
    Mgolden, Krysstia, Agnezawars

Entries containing more than 10 pictures will not be disqualified, however, 5 points will be deducted off your final score.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Hey, now gaudy and weird is not colorful and unique. Shabby chic is, and I'm the queen of it! :P Ask heather, most of my lots are rather shabby and cluttered and just way too much of one thing or another. I love making use of different patterns and textures. Sometimes it's WAY to much, and sometimes it just works. :wink:

I bow to you, oh queen of shabby chic. :lol: I wish I could be but I'm just too darned traditional. This is the only build I've done where I let my imagination out of the box very far. :) I admire you and others who push the boundaries and embrace "too much" of something, especially when it works. I hope this one does. If nothing else, I really had fun doing it and I learned a lot in the process. So I'm happy about that. Thanks for your comment; I was really just teasing you. I'm bad that way. :oops:
  • Options
    IAmtheGoblinKingIAmtheGoblinKing Posts: 317 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Angelllite/Peaches --

My wife decided she wanted to try her hand at the competition and built a house, but she doesn't have a registered game here on Sims. Can I submit it for her through my name? Does that cause confusion?

Also, I'm thinking of building a lot - time crunch, I know! Could there be 2 submissions under my name? I highly doubt this would be possible in fairness to other competitors, but thought to ask.

If we can only submit one, then I'll submit hers since she actually completed the build.

Cheers8)
  • Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited July 2012
    Angelllite/Peaches --

My wife decided she wanted to try her hand at the competition and built a house, but she doesn't have a registered game here on Sims. Can I submit it for her through my name? Does that cause confusion?

Also, I'm thinking of building a lot - time crunch, I know! Could there be 2 submissions under my name? I highly doubt this would be possible in fairness to other competitors, but thought to ask.

If we can only submit one, then I'll submit hers since she actually completed the build.

Cheers8)

ooh I just had to pop in here because I saw the name, then I checked your studio hoping to see a sim to match your name :(
  • Options
    edited July 2012

ooh I just had to pop in here because I saw the name, then I checked your studio hoping to see a sim to match your name :(

Sorry to disappoint! :( I have no sim that resembles the GoblinKing, though my wife has tried.:lol:

• Options
    edited July 2012

Sorry to disappoint! :( I have no sim that resembles the GoblinKing, though my wife has tried.:lol:

Oh, I hope they let both you and your wife join. I am down for a good spousal competition! I used to slaughter my husband in cod. :twisted: I'm so rooting for your better half! :P But it's up to the judges, not me. 8)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'll go ahead and post my wife's version of the home. Beware! It's pink - although she disagrees and says it's "peach" :roll:

roof_up_large.jpg

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6137265

Link to Album: http://imgur.com/a/1mRA0#0
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'll go ahead and post my wife's version of the home. Beware! It's pink - although she disagrees and says it's "peach" :roll:

roof_up_large.jpg

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6137265

Link to Album: http://imgur.com/a/1mRA0#0

It is peach. :P There's a huge difference between pink and peach. :mrgreen::lol:

ETA: I'm kinda glad I didn't enter now. I think the cabin, which is the one I would have entered has 2 photos per slide in the 10 page slide show. :shock: :oops:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Goblin --
    Let me get back to you on that after I discuss your query with fellow judges. Your wife's entry looks great, so I'll add that to our list as soon as I'm able.

And I agree with exotickitten - the home is peach. (and I'm biased to the color for my name-sake ;))

Warning: Small plug

I updated my blog (http://studiopeaches.blogspot.com/) to invite others to join in on the comp. Hopefully, we'll see more entries. :D
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited July 2012
    Peaches, could you please respond to the message I left on your page? Thanks :)

--Wibble :)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Wibble --

I've responded and I'm on virtually through out the day so respond at your convenience. ;)
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited July 2012
    Goblin, while we would love to accommodate your request, we don't feel it would be fair especially being so close to the end of the competition. I hate saying no, but we do have to think of all involved. We will happily accept your wife's entry through you account though! Sorry for any inconvenience

~Ang
  • Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited July 2012
    PEACHES327 wrote:
    mschumann wrote:

Sunflower, the correct amount of pictures is 10 MAX. Just to re-confirm. You are welcome to post a showcase for others with more than the alotted 10 but the judges will not use the additional photos in their decision-making. We want everyone to find the 10 pictures that show off their lot best and use those as a selling-point for their lots. :)

Thank you so much for answering and I am sorry if I caused any trouble! I just wanted to be able to showcase it to my full advantage! :thumbup: :XD:
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited July 2012
    PEACHES327 wrote:
    mschumann wrote:

Thank you so much for answering and I am sorry if I caused any trouble! I just wanted to be able to showcase it to my full advantage! :thumbup: :XD:

No trouble at all. As long as what you link us to has 10, you can do whatever you want anywhere else :twisted: .
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited July 2012
    I know I am really late to the party and may not be able to finish in time but....is there a certain size lot this needs to be on? Sorry if it was posted somewhere, I couldn't seem to find it. :oops:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    romagi1 wrote:
    I know I am really late to the party and may not be able to finish in time but....is there a certain size lot this needs to be on? Sorry if it was posted somewhere, I couldn't seem to find it. :oops:

I don't think there is any specific rule about the lot size. I wouldn't recommend going to big though because you won't have enough pictures to fully highlight all your outdoor features. That's why I stayed in the medium-small range. I went with a 30x30 on one and 40x40 on the other. And honestly I don't think a 20x30 would be enough room for the house. :?