Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimAngel's Building Competition~••Winners Announced! Pg.33 ••

Congrats to the Winners:
WibbleLikeAJelly
Casee
SeriphinaFyie
smiley-dance005.gifsmiley-happy110.gif smiley-dance005.gif

And well-done NiniBeMe69, for getting honorable mention.
smiley-happy023.gif

Please be sure to post links to your wishlists or directly to the items you may be wanting.
You can also donate your winnings to other simmers, if this is the case please post their wishlists. :)
]

Rd57J.jpg

We want to see what you amazing people here in Gift Gathering can create. If you're interested,take on this simple build challenge.

This comp is generously sponsored by blunote00, Peaches327 and Angelllite7. Two Winners will be selected and have the opportunity to join our build team over in Creative Corner. We are interested to have at least one person join our ranks. :)

We are the oldest-running team that builds by request and we are looking for new talent.

MG4Cs.jpg

Even if you don't have an interest in joining our team, join in and participate and get to know some fellow simmers!

4SA2k.jpg
-Re-create your own version of the home provided.

-You can choose to follow the floorplan or make up an interior lay-out all your own. If you choose not to follow the floor plan, be sure that the exterior structure resembles the original home.

-Let your creativity flow when it comes to landscaping, decorating, furniture placement and even style! This home may be traditional, but if you can work it out to be a Modern or an Italian Villa or a pretty Victorian, it's your choice! Show us what you can do.

-No CC

-CAP Patterns OK

-Store Content and ALL EPs/SPs are encouraged!

-Provide at least 5 pictures, maximum of 10. Overhead/layout shot of the home and a picture of the front are a must. If you provide more than 5 pictures, please link to an album to prevent bogging down the thread.

-Please do not quote pictures as it may break the thread.

-Be kind and supportive of one another. Although this is a competition, let's treat each other in a positive manner.

The Deadline:
Friday, July 27, 2012

The Prize Pool:
First Place - 2500 pts and an Opportunity to Join SimAngel's Build Team
Second Place - 1500 pts and an Opportunity to Join SImAngel's Build Team
Third Place - 750 pts
Honorable Mention - 375 pts

The Sponsors:
Blunote00 - 4,025 Simpoints
PEACHES327 - 1,000 Simpoints
Angelllite7 - 100 Simpoints

The Contestants:

Cassee - Industrial Modern Yen| |Pics| |Official Entry
mgolden27/milynn80 - Cottage Delight| |Pics| |Official Entry
Aml1855 - Little Aries| |Pics| |Official Entry
Mschumann - Gobi Rd| |Pics| |Official Entry
Marcool1790 - The Bundle-low| |Pics| |Official Entry
SeriphinaFyie - Brighton Cottage| |Pics| |Official Entry
smarties101 - Cottage Condo| |Pics| |Official Entry
whatsociallife - Eccentricity| |Pics| |Official Entry
JimmyGrimmy9 - Casa Azul| |Pics| |Official Entry
simlover1500 - Lake House| |Pics| |Official Entry
DespoticMind - BuildingChallenge| |Pics| |Official Entry
VBennet - Bamboo Bachelors Abode| |Pics| |Official Entry
Krysstia - Cynthiana House| |Pics| |Official Entry
Mmdrgntobldrgn - Whispering Willow| |Pics| |Official Entry
Snowmoon - Creeping Vine Villa| |Pics| |Official Entry
Agnezawars - Pink Roses| |Pics| |Official Entry
Faith_Andhope - Some Day Fairytale Cottage| |Pics| |Official Entry
Frostmen - House In the Woods| |Pics| |Official Entry
Heavensent2010 - Cozy Cottage| |Pics| |Official Entry
Sonia016 - Urban Haute Living| |Pics| |Official Entry
NiniBeMe69 - Simply Charming| |Pics| |Official Entry
Sunflower227 - Rhyme & Reason| |Pics| |Official Entry
HarleyJean - Country Cottage Retreat| |Pics| |Official Entry
IAmtheGoblinKing - Sorbet| |Pics| |Official Entry
teeteelouise - Home Sweet Home| |Pics| |Official Entry
Annabelle54 - Midnight Rose| |Pics| |Official Entry
WibbleLikeaJelly - Pikefish Lodge| |Pics| |Official Entry

The Judges:
Angelllite7
PEACHES327 **Peaches will be play-testing ALL lots**
Beaglelover
Heather3184

Judging Criteria:
Each entrant will be judged on a scale of 1-10 in the following categories, for a maximum of 50 total points.
1-10 Uniqueness
1-10 Good use of space
1-10 Landscaping
1-10 Decor
1-10 "Wow" factor

Judging will be held the day after the competition closes. Results will be posted within 3 days of closing.
Please Visit My Sims 3 & 4 Blog! studiopeaches.blogspot.com

Comments

• Options
    PEACHES327PEACHES327 Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited June 2012
    5tiew.jpg

49492-B600.jpg

49492-1L.gif

More details on this lot can be found at FamilyHomePlans.com
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited June 2012
    Super excited! Last time we had a contest like this we had sooo many amazing entries!
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited June 2012
    Super excited! Last time we had a contest like this we had sooo many amazing entries!

Oww trust me you'll get some fab ones from people here as there are some amazing builders on this forum. :D It looks like a fun contest but I hate following plans, :D So I will wish everyone who enters good luck, and i'm sure you'll find a new member :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    kovu0207 wrote:

Oww trust me you'll get some fab ones from people here as there are some amazing builders on this forum. :D It looks like a fun contest but I hate following plans, :D So I will wish everyone who enters good luck, and i'm sure you'll find a new member :D

The interior floorplan is just a reference. You have free reign on the floorplan.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited June 2012
    kovu0207 wrote:

The interior floorplan is just a reference. You have free reign on the floorplan.

Ah by plans I meant having to copy the house. I prefer to design the house myself :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm interested... Although the deadline would have to be ages away for me to build anything serious, and I obviously wouldn't be able to join if I won ^_____^

--Wibble :)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2012
    I hope some one make use of the secondefloor.....

just a wondering... isn't the DNA team just as old... I really don't know... just think I saw both teams first time at about the same time....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited June 2012
    anettesb wrote:

just a wondering... isn't the DNA team just as old... I really don't know... just think I saw both teams first time at about the same time....

SimAngels disbanded a while ago and then reformed (I think ^___^). Perhaps we may be as old going from actual months in operation, but SA outdate us on the whole :)

• Options
    edited June 2012
    anettesb wrote:

No we've been around at least a year longer, maybe more.

And the deadline will not be soon. Obviously contestants will need plenty of time for this.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    anettesb wrote:

SimAngels disbanded a while ago and then reformed (I think ^___^). Perhaps we may be as old going from actual months in operation, but SA outdate us on the whole :)

ah ok...
    cool.... getting to know new stuff... just knew both was pretty old...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    anettesb wrote:

We only had a few month break, we didn't actually disband. I had serious personal problems going on. Sashraf and Sarademoor were with us before our break. But the time thing wasn't mentioned as a competitive thing or insult in anyway. It's just a little catchy thing we can say. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    anettesb wrote:

No we've been around at least a year longer, maybe more.

And the deadline will not be soon. Obviously contestants will need plenty of time for this.

ok... as I said that just what I remmeberd when I saw you and DNA.... = I didn't see you until you where a year old (or don't remember) so in my mind you where both the oldies when it came to request teams....
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    anettesb wrote:

We only had a few month break, we didn't actually disband. I had serious personal problems going on. Sashraf and Sarademoor were with us before our break. But the time thing wasn't mentioned as a competitive thing or insult in anyway. It's just a little catchy thing we can say. :)

it is catchy... and cool... nice you back in operation (when ever you got that....)
    I hope all is fine now....
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

it is catchy... and cool... nice you back in operation (when ever you got that....)
    I hope all is fine now....

Well thank you, actually I'm still in the midst of dealing with the issue, but still things are much better now.

Sooooo, back to the contest...
  • Options
    MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    edited June 2012
    I am leaving for vacation in about a month. I am working on another build, but if I get done with that one early enough, I will give this a try.

My new motto: Can't learn if you don't try! :lol:

So tentative, yes. Question: No budget, correct?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    No budget! And if you're not leaving for a month you should have plenty of time for this build (that's not including your other build and personal life that of course factor in). We haven't determined an exact deadline, but it will not be soon that's for sure :)

How long is your vacation?
  • Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited June 2012
    I have been working on a few builds with house plans and this looks quite easy compared to them lol so might give it a try once I ahve finished my other commitments
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    No budget! And if you're not leaving for a month you should have plenty of time for this build (that's not including your other build and personal life that of course factor in). We haven't determined an exact deadline, but it will not be soon that's for sure :)

I leave on July 23rd & won't be back till Aug 13th. I am off to WAR!!! :twisted:

http://www.pennsic.net/
  • Options
    Diamonds_11_22Diamonds_11_22 Posts: 606 Member
    edited June 2012
    i might give it a shot!

RESERVED FOR MY ENTRY
  • Options
    beaglelover2008beaglelover2008 Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited June 2012
    Okay, I MIGHT be able to sponsor IF my mom agrees to let me get some moolah. It will be a max of about 2000 points (not counting tax) though. It's better than nothing!

• Options
    PEACHES327PEACHES327 Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited June 2012
    Okay, I MIGHT be able to sponsor IF my mom agrees to let me get some moolah. It will be a max of about 2000 points (not counting tax) though. It's better than nothing!
    No worries, Beagle. :)
    I'm going to try to work it in my budget to sponsor 1,000.

Headed to update entries. On page 1. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Morakai wrote:

I leave on July 23rd & won't be back till Aug 13th. I am off to WAR!!! :twisted:

what is that?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    Morakai wrote:

what is that?

SCA war.... Held once a year. Attended by about 9k to 12k people on average. I am going to come back refreshed, inspired, and burnt to a crisp! :lol::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Excellent! Glad to see some interested in entering and Morakai wow, that looks crazy fun!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Hey peaches I know it isn't much but I can sponsor 100 simpoints at the moment.