Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimAngel's Building Competition~••Winners Announced! Pg.33 ••

Comments

• Options
    AgnezawarsAgnezawars Posts: 783 Member
    edited July 2012
    exotickitten -I'm really glad you like the attic. I like it too. :-)
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited July 2012
    Yay another entry!!!
  • Options
    VBennetVBennet Posts: 263 Member
    edited July 2012
    Agnezawars that's very cool.....what you did there with the roof/ceiling. I am in awe of you technical builders.

Would someone please help me.....I've got an issue with my entry.

I uploaded it, it was added to the list here on page one, then I deleted it from my studio (I've figured out how to change the pictures on the exchange :D and I was on a mission) and now I can't upload it again.

What have I done? :(
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited July 2012
    Did it say that object was already on the exchange?

If so, you may need to copy it to the bin and place it in the hood again. I'm not sure exactly what does that, had it happen to me a few times. Usually if I just place a second one, the second one is then uploadable. You'll have to change the upload image again after you export it. Let me know if this works.

If that's not it, it may be the site being difficult with uploads again. I uploaded Fae's Cabin to 4shared.com because it wouldn't allow me to upload it. I was so mad. :x
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited July 2012
    VBennet wrote:
    Agnezawars that's very cool.....what you did there with the roof/ceiling. I am in awe of you technical builders.

Would someone please help me.....I've got an issue with my entry.

I uploaded it, it was added to the list here on page one, then I deleted it from my studio (I've figured out how to change the pictures on the exchange :D and I was on a mission) and now I can't upload it again.

What have I done? :(

You can also try changing the name before clicking the share button. Let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited July 2012
    Peeks in although I've been lurking. I see more entries :P , and we're down to the last week. :shock: Squeeeee!!!

Getting anxious here! :mrgreen:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited July 2012
    I didn't know if I could do this, so I hadn't officially thrown my hat into the ring yet, but I have been working on it just to see if I could do it. I don't know how good it will be, but I like it. So I'd like to officially enter. I should have it done in a few days; definitely before your posted deadline.

Thanks. :)
  • Options
    AgnezawarsAgnezawars Posts: 783 Member
    edited July 2012
    Faith- you can do it ! :D
  • Options
    SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited July 2012
    Good luck to all those who are making their final touches! *bites nails...* I can't wait to see more... there are some really talent folks building!

-Snow
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • Options
    SeascapeSeascape Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited July 2012
    Lurking and loving the pics in this thread of the builds!

OP - I'd love to host a contest but fear I wouldn't have time to adequately manage it. I'm willing to gift Simpoints to winners though, but I understand that I can't unless they are in the U.S. as I am. So, if there's a way for me to do this if winners are not U.S., let me know - and if I can contribute Simpoints at all for this contest.

:?:
  • Options
    PEACHES327PEACHES327 Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited July 2012
    Page 1 has been updated. :)

I didn't know if I could do this, so I hadn't officially thrown my hat into the ring yet, but I have been working on it just to see if I could do it. I don't know how good it will be, but I like it. So I'd like to officially enter. I should have it done in a few days; definitely before your posted deadline.

Thanks.

Best of luck! We can't wait to see what you come up with. Everyone else that has entered has really done tremendously!

VBennet-
    My fingers are crossed for you! I sincerely hope you're able to get it re-uploaded. As soon as you do I will update the links on page 1 accordingly. :)

Please Visit My Sims 3 & 4 Blog! studiopeaches.blogspot.com
  • Options
    HarleyJeanHarleyJean Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2012
    My entry is finished, but I have 10 pictures - I know you said to put them in a separate album but I'm still new to this...how do I do that? Also, should I upload the lot to the Exchange?

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Seascape wrote:

OP - I'd love to host a contest but fear I wouldn't have time to adequately manage it. I'm willing to gift Simpoints to winners though, but I understand that I can't unless they are in the U.S. as I am. So, if there's a way for me to do this if winners are not U.S., let me know - and if I can contribute Simpoints at all for this contest.

Hi Seascape!

We're so glad to know we have a lurker! :) The way we are gifting is we will gift items from wishlists for the simpoint value competitors win, not the simpoints directly. That way we prevent the issue of gifting points of people from other countries.

It's very generous to offer to help with sponsoring and though I think we may be set on this competition, it might be worth talking about with Angelllite7. Would you be willing to join our forum so we can talk further? You don't have to if you don't want to, but it might be easier to discus how you'd want to help. :)

Also, I think hosting another competition is in the future so maybe you could help us plan one :?:

You can join (for free) SimAngel's Forum if you'd like to talk with us further on possible sponsorship.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    HarleyJean wrote:
    My entry is finished, but I have 10 pictures - I know you said to put them in a separate album but I'm still new to this...how do I do that? Also, should I upload the lot to the Exchange?

Thanks! :)

To post your 10 pictures, you can upload them to a free website like photobucket. You'll just have to create a log-in for them, but they are free to use. When you create the album you can post the direct link to the album in your entry.

We would prefer the home to be on the Exchange. That way we can Recommend your build! ;) But we also understand that some people cannot always successfully upload their lots, so if you cannot get it up on the Exchange, 3rd party file-sharing sites are acceptable. (Sites like MediaFire and 4shared.)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Yay! It worked. I changed the name a little and re uploaded.

Here's the link to the exchange link link. :P (Happy happy ) I am learning so much. :D

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6128715

Thanks for you help.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    PEACHES327 wrote:
    To post your 10 pictures, you can upload them to a free website like photobucket. You'll just have to create a log-in for them, but they are free to use. When you create the album you can post the direct link to the album in your entry.

We would prefer the home to be on the Exchange. That way we can Recommend your build! ;) But we also understand that some people cannot always successfully upload their lots, so if you cannot get it up on the Exchange, 3rd party file-sharing sites are acceptable. (Sites like MediaFire and 4shared.)

I will have my lot uploaded tonight. :)

I'm going to create an account at Photobucket now and will post the link to the album once it's done. Thanks for your help!!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    @VBennet Yay! Love what you've done. :) I like houses with Asian influences in them. :mrgreen: I'll show it to jimmygrimmy9 in the morning. :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'm having a bit of trouble with Photobucket - for some reason it doesn't want to upload all of my pictures.

For now, here is the link to my lot in the Exchange (Country Cottage Retreat) and I'll post 5 pictures here. Once I can get Photobucket to stop acting so wonky, I'll post the link to the album. :)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6128864

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    @VBennet Yay! Love what you've done. :) I like houses with Asian influences in them. :mrgreen: I'll show it to jimmygrimmy9 in the morning. :wink:

Thanks, ExoticKitten. I just started building with the idea of an English professor who had lived in Japan in my mind. Isn't it funny how a background story pops into your head when you start a build? Or is it just me?

:roll: I just learned how to do the quote thingy ..... I love learning new stuff!!!! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    @HarleyJean

Yay! I think it is really cute, and I like your color choices. Sage green is one of my favorite colors. (My rl living room and kitchen have this color curtains.)

@VBennet

My builds always have a story or theme in mind. Be it career/wish related, meant to resemble a time period, or personality in your face. :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Page 1 has been updated

Thank you for your updated entry VBennet and for posting your entry, HarleyJean. :)
    Good luck to you both.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    @HarleyJean

Yay! I think it is really cute, and I like your color choices. Sage green is one of my favorite colors. (My rl living room and kitchen have this color curtains.)

Me too - my RL bedroom is painted a similar shade of sage and I have a lot of sage/brown combinations throughout the rest of my house. Whenever I think cozy, relaxation and country, sage is the color that comes to mind. There's just something about whitewashed wood and sage accents that makes me smile. :)
  • Options
    SeascapeSeascape Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited July 2012
    PEACHES327 wrote:
    Seascape wrote:

Hi Seascape!

We're so glad to know we have a lurker! :) The way we are gifting is we will gift items from wishlists for the simpoint value competitors win, not the simpoints directly. That way we prevent the issue of gifting points of people from other countries.

It's very generous to offer to help with sponsoring and though I think we may be set on this competition, it might be worth talking about with Angelllite7. Would you be willing to join our forum so we can talk further? You don't have to if you don't want to, but it might be easier to discus how you'd want to help. :)

Also, I think hosting another competition is in the future so maybe you could help us plan one :?:

You can join (for free) SimAngel's Forum if you'd like to talk with us further on possible sponsorship.

Thank you! I have joined, emailed, and offered sponsorship at the very least. :D

Back to looking at the wonderful builds here!
  • Options
    mschumannmschumann Posts: 758 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hey Peaches, I just checked out the link for the pictures for my entry on the first page. My pictures are still linked to my full showcase slideshow and not to my 10 photo slideshow. Here's the link again to the slideshow with 10 pictures.

10 Photo Slideshow

Thanks!
  • Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited July 2012
    I guess I am about 75% done. It's taking me so long because I haven't built in so long. :lol:

Just wanted to ask a quick question: It's a 10 picture max to showcase on the thread, but albums can have more pictures? Or is it 10 pictures in total regardless of how I want to show the house?

I will have my house in before the deadline but not much sooner. :P