Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

***PHOTO THREAD FOR WEEK #25 BUILD-N-SHARE BEGINS ON PAGE 76***

Comments

• Options
    SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited August 2009
    Amchristian: I love the simplicity of your house and the symmetry. The trees add some nice height and the purple playground is cute :) I also like the dining/kitchen area, the blue is strong but works well with the wood you’ve used. Beautiful pattern that you’ve used on the girls bedspreads.

Animaga: I like the stucco/stone brick pattern combination on the front of your house. The way you’ve made your tiles work in the bathroom is also nice, it goes well rather than looking dirty (like those tiles so often can). I love your interpretation of the colours in the master bedroom.

peacemaker_ic: I am always gobsmacked by your builds. This is no different. Stunning exterior and the modern-ness of the interior is beautiful. Looks like a show home for a magazine. I especially like your bathroom. It makes me thing of clear clean water.

ZYIsSims: Fantastic clean colour interiors... I especially like the pruple you’ve used. And again a really nice interpretation of the black and brown for the master bedroom. The stone (?) tile looks great with the bed and windows.

Yesac: What a pretty little home. The inside is plane but looks nice. Love the style of your green bathroom. And the wood on the swings looks lovely.

Kayllisti: The unique roof on that really makes it stand out and also makes the house seem really big for a starter :) The blue and dark brown/black in your living rooms looks great together. And the feature “paintings” in the girls bedroom are a wonderful idea. I also like the way you’ve CASted the carpet.

Kharii: Another modern *yay* Love the monochrome decor, especially the reversed couches and the dining table and chairs. Was it you that said you always put a hanging plant above the sink? :lol: Another lovely interpretation of the master bedroom, I wouldn’t have thought that many patterns would work together but they actually look quite good.

marty38: Welcome to build and share :D What a wonderfully warm and comfy looking living room! The bathroom makes me think of the sea and holidays in the med LOL And how did you manage to afford a full playground! WOW! Great.

darkside266: Hello ******* Great foliage around the house. I love the angles you’ve formed on the interior and the two tone fringe. I’ve been trying to work out how to get that to look right for ages! The living room looks great.

DieterPrivate: Another huge starter... I really should have read these start tutorials before I started *sigh*. I really like the sort of “lean to” on the side of the house... reminds me of a house I built in TS2. The upper floor for the girls room with divided study areas is a great idea... stop them talking when they should be studying :D

Jayemmpee: I adore honey colours houses so the brick work on this really appeals to me. I like the fact that your house actually looks like a lived in house, slightly mismatching (not in a bad way) like things have been accumulated over time by a family rather than looking like a show home :) The bathroom is gorgeous and again, a great interpretation of the bedroom colour schemes.

Clovergoddess: More wonderful landscaping. The cherry tree really suits the tones in the house at sunset. The jazzy nature of the girls’ bedroom looks like a great room for some soon to be terrible teens.

Xoxaz: Again I like the simplicity of your house and the layout of the furniture looks good in the space you’ve got. Your bathroom looks really nice with the sort of blue grey colour you have in it.

exdemon1120: Wonderful house. Very unique and stands out from the rest of us. I really like your sun wall with the sunflowers along it and the little picnic table under the house. Your interiors are stunning, the lounge area and kitchen look especially realistic. The girls room cute and the master bedroom small but well done. I also like your divided bathroom.

Brunocbreis: Another new name :D Great house. I like the original layout of the rooms and the kitchen looks like a great place to cook. Love the brightness of the master bedroom and the cream brown grey and black spots on the bedspread really suit each other. The pink slide is inspired.

Fieryfemale: Love your new style covers. The house stands out nicely and the shutters and window boxes create a nice homely feel. I really like the colours you’ve used in the kitchen and living area wallpaper. IN fact I just like the wallpaper (is it a custom pattern or is it in game?). The girls bedroom is great and it’s really nice to see another colour or two sneaking in there as well.

Cleodel: Oh wow! Fantastic build! And the exterior and interior really suit one another, very different. The cream white and wood look so nice in the main living area. The girls’ bedroom looks sleek and modern and the bathroom looks gorgeous, would love to see it more close up.

LoreLotteS: (wow this is getting long) anyway. What a wonderful garden! Your little paved area is beautiful and I love the use of the arched windows in the bay and the deck foundation on the side of the porch (I really want to know how to do that :) ) The pond is beautiful and the living area looks really comfy.

Allium: Ah Allium, you already know what I think (fantastically sharp pictures by the way) the Tudor look really makes stand out and I love the front door you used :) Alternating the hedges and fences they way you have looks great and is such a great way to cut costs. The trees look wonderful and the fake gate a very clever idea. A very pretty cottage :D Love your kitchen and living area, especially the shades of blue and green.

Catbox: Welcome. Great little picnic area and BBQ, the planting really sets it off. The pictures of the girls on their beds are adorable and the white you’ve used in the master really lightens up an otherwise dark room. I really like your little cooking nook (though I know if twitches sees this she’ll be frowning LOL). The TV corner and plant are lovely as well.

Anartistica: I love your style. This house looks fantastic. I find Modern starters are so difficult and automatically think of cottages when I hear “starter”. Love the combination of bricks and woods on the outside. The inside is comfy and beautifully lit. What a striking master bedroom and yet it seems to work. Love the use of the brown yellow and black on the walls. A beautifully tranquil bathroom and unique idea with the planting. A balcony bedroom for the girls is a lovely echo of the condos in sims 2. And view down the stairs is a wonderfully artistic picture.

LizMarie1085: What a simple but pretty house. I really like the pattern you’ve used on all your soft furnishings. The inside is very simply furnished but it goes with the outside of your house well. Your last picture is adorable.

KennedyH: Love the stone work on the exterior. Your red/brown and yellow strip is very striking in the living area and I love your kitchen picture.

Anjubee: Already gave feedback in your thread but I still love this house! Beautiful work. (and well done on building a house that actually works in a square cover pic! I can’t do it!).

Only three more pages to go.

ELFGIRL1968: Some fantastic colours in your build and the brown and green living area works well. It;s nice to see an open plan that utilises something different in the kitchen area as well. I really like your use of sunflowers instead of a fence to demarcate the path to the front door. Your master bedroom is also quite nice from what I see in your story and the corner windows throughout the house actually look comfortable which is unusual.

Tamlyn: Your pictures looks great. The balcony and fencing look really sweet. It’s like a little chocolate box.

Kitkat7145: Nice to see yet another style of starter. The photo looks so realistic I could just step into it. I don’t know how you managed all the planting for the price. The sunken back garden area looks really nice and from what I can see in the overheads your master bedroom and living area are gorgeous. The kitchen makes me think of marinas, the living area of the forest and bedroom of warm log fires.

Mumsy: Wowza! Very unique shape. Great idea with the “porch” roof. And the split level roof looks great. Like a big brown space ship LOL The BBQ Pizza oven is hilarious! I love the suspended walkway and the views it gives. The green tones in the master bedroom look very luxurious. I love the shapes you’ve used in your upstairs floor plan.

Msxtle: You’re another one who’s lots I adore. Another lovely floor plan idea. I love the cleanness and geometric nature of your downstairs area, especially in the kitchen. The diagonal rug in the master bedroom really suits the room, especially with that bedspread (first time I’ve knowingly seen that look good!) The hearts on your grils bedroom wallpaper are really well CASted and I love the echo in the spots on the laps. Beautiful frames view of outside through the window as well.

Lovenharmony: Already responded partly but just want to add that I love your use of feature walls and the fact that your house can easily accommodate more furnishing as the family expand and gain more money. Your girls room is big enough to give them each their own space which is really nice.

AugustMarie: Just to repeat (and emphasis) that I really like your master bedroom and kitchen :) I love the way the wallpaper carpet and units all complement each other. I hadn’t realised just how gorgeous your pictures really are. I could stare at your master bedroom and kitchen all day, they really are beautiful.

Freynas: Oh Freynas, how I love your houses. You’re an inspiration. Wonderful sized house for a starter, even if the roofs aren’t removable and the walls are slightly problematic LOL Lovely light decor and wonderful that you’ve kept it light but still incorporated black and brown into the red of the house. The kitchen is lovely in that black and grey marble. The bedroom is very pretty with that delicate print on the walls (custom or altered in game?). The pattern you’ve used in the girls room study area is adorably cute.

Finally the end! Sorry for any spelling errors, I wrote this in word so it should be mostly ok but I’m not going back through it all to check just now, I need a rest LOL Apologies also if I missed anyone, I tried not to.

Thankyou everyone for such a marvellous look at all of your houses :D
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    MumsyMumsy Posts: 666 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sparkle wrote:

Mumsy: Wowza! Very unique shape. Great idea with the “porch” roof. And the split level roof looks great. Like a big brown space ship LOL The BBQ Pizza oven is hilarious! I love the suspended walkway and the views it gives. The green tones in the master bedroom look very luxurious. I love the shapes you’ve used in your upstairs floor plan.

Thanks so much Sparkle. I had so much fun with this one. I had the shape of the house in mind when I started but then I noticed something as the rooms went in.. Looking down at it, the shape is somewhat like that of the classic idea of what an alien might look like.. triangular-ish head with big eyes set off to the sides.
    The funny thing is I didn't know anything about the heritage of the family at the time :D

~Mumsy
  • Options
    catboxcatbox Posts: 47 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Thank you Sparkle! :)
  • Options
    amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited August 2009
    Amchristian: I love the simplicity of your house and the symmetry. The trees add some nice height and the purple playground is cute I also like the dining/kitchen area, the blue is strong but works well with the wood you’ve used. Beautiful pattern that you’ve used on the girls bedspreads.

Wow, Sparkle! :D Thank you so much for taking the time to give me feedback. I really appreciate it. Bold colors are in my blood, so I have to be very careful to try and balance them out. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't lol Again, thanks for the feedback. You rock!
  • Options
    msxtlemsxtle Posts: 81 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Msxtle: You’re another one who’s lots I adore. Another lovely floor plan idea. I love the cleanness and geometric nature of your downstairs area, especially in the kitchen. The diagonal rug in the master bedroom really suits the room, especially with that bedspread (first time I’ve knowingly seen that look good!) The hearts on your grils bedroom wallpaper are really well CASted and I love the echo in the spots on the laps. Beautiful frames view of outside through the window as well.

That is a high compliment Sparkle. Thank you so much.
  • Options
    JOKERA_USJOKERA_US Posts: 131 New Member
    edited August 2009
    how did you get all of that stuff in your lot for under 20k? here is what i was able to come up with.
    Screenshot-21.jpgScreenshot-22.jpgScreenshot-23.jpgScreenshot-24.jpgScreenshot-25.jpgScreenshot-27.jpgScreenshot-28.jpgScreenshot-33.jpgScreenshot-29.jpgScreenshot-36.jpgScreenshot-38.jpgScreenshot-42.jpgScreenshot-47.jpgScreenshot-53.jpgScreenshot-54.jpgScreenshot-59.jpg

i had to take out the extra toilet in the girls room. too expensive

i had to cheat afterwards since i lacked a complete yard. now theyre divorced and hes living in a exchange donated mansion and trying to work on his career and wooing back his woman. LMAO
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Some people used methods in Addict tut to save money including using decking walls and roofs as walls.

For your, normal, sort of lot though, without these short cuts, you simply have too much house. Basically you have to many expensive wall sections, which have to be covered in two lots of wallpaper as well. Your living area is unnecessarily big, as is your master bedroom. Reducing the size of these rooms not only gives you wall costs back but wallpaper and carpeting costs, allowing you to spend more on furniture items. The 2 extra bathrooms (which weren't required) are another nice idea but they eat up your budget.

Looking at your rooms sizes, if you reduced the size of the master bedroom to 5x5, the girls bedroom to the same, took off the third bathroom from the living area, moved your entire living space 2 spaces to the left, turned the girls bathroom into the master bathroom and lost the current master bath completely you would add $3500 to your budget, heres the break down:

16 wall sections (at $70 each)
    32 lots of wallpaper (at $4 each)
    32 carpet pieces (at $4 each)
    1 door (at $385)
    1 window (at $30)
    1 toilet (at $250 - it would be two but you said you already deleted one of them)
    2 sinks (at $120 each)
    1 bath (at $500)
    2 light fixtures (at $95 each)

That's an extra $3500 in total spent on build and additional bath stuff that you don't really need which you can now spend on extra furniture and the garden area.

Also worth noting that in it's current arrangement you aren't fullfilling all of the critiria of the brief as your master bathroom doesn't connect to a hall way or living space. I assume you added the extra bathroom to account for this but that's not what the brief asked for. You'd need to add the second door to the master bathroom so it connects to the living area, which if you use the same door as before will remove $385 from your budget... there are cheaper doors. Especially for a bathroom where you want privacy :)

I don't know if that helps at all.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    JOKERA_USJOKERA_US Posts: 131 New Member
    edited August 2009
    LOL i'll have to reconsider. so were looking at two bathrooms? the one is connected to the master bedroom. the other is for the guests. the description of a "hallway" was very brief. so i said who needs a hallway!

i dont think i could be comfortable living in the same room until i go to college with a sibling if i make the room any smaller.

ill see if i can dload her tutorial again and re-read the specs.

thanks
  • Options
    Kitkat7145Kitkat7145 Posts: 1,018 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Allim wrote: Kitkat7145 - This is LOVELY! So clever with the levels..and sooo pretty!
    *scurries back into her hole*

Thanks, Allium! Glad you like it :)
    Kharii wrote - Kitkat7145: Another really beautiful exterior and landscaping! I love the girls' room in the basement, especially the way it is divided into separate areas and together as well. The walk out from the basement is an excellent feature.

Kharii - Thanks for the compliments :) Landscaping is my favorite, so I'm always happy when someone appreciates it. Had to break out the graph paper for the basement! I don't know how many times I had to relevel and start over to get it right. :evil: Like how it turned out the end though.
  • Options
    StunsehsStunsehs Posts: 31 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Woops. Accidentally posted in the wrong thread. -awkward-

Anyway, while I'm here... these are all amazing. :D
  • Options
    TamlynTamlyn Posts: 295 Member
    edited August 2009
    Sparkle wrote:
    Also worth noting that in it's current arrangement you aren't fullfilling all of the critiria of the brief as your master bathroom doesn't connect to a hall way or living space. I assume you added the extra bathroom to account for this but that's not what the brief asked for.

I actually read the brief as 'to stop people traipsing through the bedroom to get to the bathroom add one door to a hall or another room if necessary' In my build since the bathroom is completely contained within the parents room and no one would have any reason to go upstairs as there is another bathroom downstairs, there was no need for the extra door. I imagine JOKERA_US' reasoning was the same.. I hope I'm not penalised for it because the phrasing could be seen as ambiguous! Oh well if I am, I guess I'll deal :)

edited for typos
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    JOKERA_US wrote:
    LOL i'll have to reconsider. so were looking at two bathrooms? the one is connected to the master bedroom. the other is for the guests. the description of a "hallway" was very brief. so i said who needs a hallway!
    Almost, it's 1 bathroom connected to both the master bedroom and the main living area (don't ask me why, I've never been a house that had a bathroom with two doors... but obviously some people have them)

I guess you'd have to check with addict if two bathrooms is an ok alternative, but to me if a brief says they want something specific then they want that exactly. If the brief is wishy washy or says "something like x" or "similar to Y" then I'd say there was room to move.
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    AnartisticaAnartistica Posts: 277 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Aw Sparkle, I think I love you. :D I so love your complimenting and motivating comments thank you thank you thank you! One reason that keeps me doing these. I hope you do very well in the final judging this week, you would absolutely deserve it, being such a great builder (I've been searching for your work! and I loved it!) and such a nice person!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Your welcome Anartistica.

And since I can never say it enough, I love your work!
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    BTFotoBTFoto Posts: 436 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Casita Caliente

My launcher is finally letting me upload screenshots again! I don't know why, but I'm not complaining. :P So I made a story to go with my house. You can view the tour here:
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=73201

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/697/226/001/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=600" "height=450"[/img]

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/685/226/001/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=600" "height=450"[/img]

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/693/226/001/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=600" "height=450"[/img]

• Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited August 2009
    I had a very busy Real life this week and just barely finished my entry. It's a bit weird. :)

Here are some photos. And the link to the home.
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=841032

screenshot_original.jpg"width=300""height=225"screenshot_original.jpg"width=300""height=225"screenshot_original.jpg"width=300""height=225"screenshot_original.jpg"width=300""height=225"screenshot_original.jpg"width=300""height=225"screenshot_original.jpg"width=300""height=225"screenshot_original.jpg"width=300""height=225"screenshot_original.jpg"width=300""height=225"
  • Options
    SuzieQ7SuzieQ7 Posts: 211 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Here's my house.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=841366

[IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/5wl56q.jpg "width=600" "height=450"[/IMG]

Playground.
    [IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/211j4eo.jpg "width=600" "height=450"[/IMG]

Deck/dining area.
    [IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/e7zedz.jpg "width=600" "height=450"[/IMG]

Girls' bedroom.
    [IMG]http://i32.tinypic.com/33er40j.jpg "width=600" "height=450"[/IMG]

Master bedroom.
    [IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/w1b2fr.jpg "width=600" "height=450"[/IMG]

Master bathroom.
    [IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/wkfmhc.jpg "width=600" "height=450"[/IMG]

Kitchen.
    [IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/24xnnh3.jpg "width=600" "height=450"[/IMG]

Living area.
    [IMG]http://i32.tinypic.com/rsfo86.jpg "width=600" "height=450"[/IMG]

• Options
    RedfooteRedfoote Posts: 40 Member
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the comments. Here are my shots.

Espartano for the Caliente Starter:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=834198
    2BR 1B. Basement and loft study. Terrace with view of downtown. Walking distance to shops and pool. Common bathroom with private shower.

Slideshow: http://s858.photobucket.com/albums/ab148/redfoote/Caliente Starter/?albumview=slideshow

We saved a lot of money in the construction by reusing many of the materials from the spa that was previously located on the site.
    Screenshot-208.jpg

Screenshot-212.jpg

The girls have a great play area in the yard. Perfect for running, jumping, cartwheels, tag, fishing, playing the sprinkler.
    Screenshot-213.jpg

Lots of light.
    Screenshot-214.jpg

Ah, let's workout.
    Screenshot-215.jpg

Screenshot-218.jpg

Lots of space for the kids to play.
    Screenshot-219.jpg

Screenshot-222.jpg

Kitchen
    Screenshot-223.jpg

Loft and terrace. I gave them an easel so they could paint some artwork for the bare walls.
    Screenshot-226.jpg

• Options
    FreynasFreynas Posts: 1,289 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I was trying to maintain the list and did not have the time to respond to your comments. I wish I’m faster on that. But anyway, thank you Munsy and Sparkle for your comments. I do fell honored to be an inspiration. I think it’s a circle, because all of you are inspirations to me as well. And I have learned a lot with all of you. The different patterns I used in the house I download it from Bine1's Studio http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?persona=Bine1&sortOrder=desc&action=&sortField=created_at&assetType=all&position=0&index=0, and just adjusted the colors, for what I needed. Thank you again, I do appreciate your comments, and wish I could do the same for everybody, because everyone deserves it. But I’m not that comfortable yet, still have to learn more English. We have to much English teachers around here! :oops: Great job you guys I love the entries and have rec them all.
  • Options
    cleodelcleodel Posts: 66 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sparkle wrote:
    Cleodel: Oh wow! Fantastic build! And the exterior and interior really suit one another, very different. The cream white and wood look so nice in the main living area. The girls’ bedroom looks sleek and modern and the bathroom looks gorgeous, would love to see it more close up.

Thank you so much! :-o (Next build I'll try to put in images of each room).
  • Options
    LovenharmonyLovenharmony Posts: 100 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Lovenharmony: Already responded partly but just want to add that I love your use of feature walls and the fact that your house can easily accommodate more furnishing as the family expand and gain more money. Your girls room is big enough to give them each their own space which is really nice.

Again, thanks Sparkle for your positive feedback! Upon retrospect if I had made a basement, I would have been able to furnish the home a bit better, but it is a starter home so it's good to have room to grow. I am learning so much about the building process and having fun while doing it! I have to remember that first and foremost since I am a perfectionist when it comes to my designs :oops:.
  • Options
    LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    /is new to sharing :3

Here's just a picture of what it looks like:
    [img]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh72/sims2king287/Screenshot-20-1.jpg "width=600" "height=450"[/img]

The rest of the info can be found here:
    http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=333.0
    *you don't need to register*
  • Options
    BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited August 2009
    Here is my house for Jimmy Applejack. I call it 'The Olsen' becuase if you cant be a hero you can at least be a sidekick ;) My first use of CFE lol please be kind *winces* Not gonna upload yet as I have to find him a laaaaady!

screenshot_original.jpg"width=600,height=300"

• Options
    KirsalynneKirsalynne Posts: 126 Member
    edited August 2009
    Holy cow Benn... that place is gorgeous! I love the bar, and the pool is to DIE for! Your use of colors is fantastic too!

I think this competition is gonna get the best of me, I'm terrible at the whole bachelor thing. I tend to make things so girly! This is definitely a good challenge for me!

Your place is fantastic though!
  • Options
    FreynasFreynas Posts: 1,289 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Bennjoon it looks awesome!!! Great job! I love your house.