Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did anyone see this? Thanks to Simsvip, I did. ( Seasons, in some form or fashion may be coming!)

Comments

• Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited April 2012
    breville69 wrote:
    barisaxy wrote:
    But why 'rain'? I'm worried that means we won't get snow and seasons. :(
    Don't worry something is better than nothing. :thumbup:

Not really, if it's just rain I won't be excited for it. I've got to have seasons and snow. They are what really change the game up.
    barisaxy wrote:
    But why 'rain'? I'm worried that means we won't get snow and seasons. :(
    They would have to be completely stupid to leave snow out of a Seasons EP. I think they probably just have two different clothing categories for snow and rain clothes or they're just calling the snow and rain clothing category "rain" to simplify the coding.

It could be just a code-name for outerwear... That's what I'm hoping it is.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited April 2012
    barisaxy wrote:

It could be just a code-name for outerwear... That's what I'm hoping it is.

Outerwear! That's the term I was looking for. Clearly I should get my morning coffee before I post on the forums.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited April 2012
    I think it's more likely they could just be adding rain to the supposed Magic EP. It makes sense; rain would fit perfectly with a spooky town. But, who knows at this point.. only EA.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,452 Member
    edited April 2012
    I know a lot of people really want a Seasons EP. I just read this on Simsvip and so I thought I'd pass along to those of you who haven't seen it yet.

http://simsvip.com/?p=9831

THANK YOU very much Simsvip. :mrgreen:

Yes I saw it. :mrgreen: Hi PsychoChick. :D
  • Options
    UMKatesUMKates Posts: 811 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Also there is this twit that SGM made very recently. My theory they will probably add seasons and make it the bigger concept of the two.

HOLD ON for all you magicians out there the only reason I think that is because they already added so much coding for the magic theme in the last patch, it seems they may only have to add the content to complete the idea. My only quaff is that we probably still won't be able to swim in oceans and lakes :(
    Anyhow here is the tweet

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/SimGuruMeatball/status/191750025179705344
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited April 2012
    Cinebar wrote:
    I have been saying for a long time there won't be a full blown "Seasons" EP.

If you look at this outfit's catagory (btw the outfit is hideous if that is what they will wear!) and the fog emitter, I think there will just be certain spots on a map that emit weather effects.

You have to consider it is the TS3 and they have done nothing like they did it in TS2. Not OFB, nor Uni etc. Everything they do for this game it totally different right down to giving us an object from TS2 that doesn't even behave nor can it be used in the exact same way as in TS2. So, this game when it gets it's weather effects will no be what people expected.

If you compare the EPs they have spit out (spit out for a lack of a better word, no coffee) they were not at all like the EPs they are supposed to be emulating. So, yes, the 'weather' EP won't be at all like a Seasons EP. Just remember You heard that from me first.

I'm kind of thinking the complete opposite.

A full blown Seasons EP with the magic creatures in it.

Basically, magic isn't the main highlight of the EP. We could be seeing seasons, yes, but each season has its own creature.

We only saw hints and leaks to creatures. Nothing else.

There's no doubt it could be a seasons EP with now multiple creatures to go along with the seasons. Not a magic EP as we've seen no spells, etc. that would be in a Magic EP. The only leaks were effects, wings, and all that point to JUST creatures.

Until I see more leaks, I'm going with my belief for now.
  • Options
    maxverra1997maxverra1997 Posts: 1,506
    edited April 2012
    I think that there will be 2 EP's so EA can make more money. but seasons there will be seasons because it was one of the most populair EP's ever
  • Options
    Tommy92Tommy92 Posts: 230 New Member
    edited April 2012
    They will definitely do seasons. The question is how. Honestly, we already have Generations, so I doubt it will be like TS2 Seasons. I'd love to see something similar to that, with weather activities, stuff to do with your family and all that, but we basically already have something like that. They can put whatever in the Seasons EP, though, no matter what, people will want to buy it, I think. It's kind of the mother of all EP's, really.
  • Options
    labrams1228labrams1228 Posts: 297 Member
    edited April 2012
    I have to say that if this is a combined EP of Magic and Seasons, then I feel bad for those who have waited so long for a full Magic expansion pack. I know that many of us who are Seasons fanatics would be just as upset as the Magic folks if we had to wait that long.

But, I also want to mention this, and a few Simmers have said it very well. Consider what they could actually place within a Seasons expansion that would make it worth the while? We already have gardening, fishing, etc and then there are the things in Generations that involve family activities.

Okay. Sooo what are they going to place in any Seasons expansion since they have the main hub already included with the base game and through other expansions/stuff packs? Well, let's see.... Greenhouses, hot chocolate/tea makers, juicers, clothing, hairstyles, possibly some new furniture, patterns, hopefully some disasters so our firemen/firewomen sims and doctor sims have a bit more to do...

But what else can they add that will strike the fancy of other simmers? Creatures. Fairies, werewolves, witches, wizards, etc. They could actually call it Magic of the Seasons or something like that. (Yeah...cheesy, I know, but it's possible.)

And I know I'm rambling, but really...Seasons would only be half-chocked if they tried to make it after already putting so much of the content we recognize into the base game and other packs. So they have to come up with something new and hope that it satisfies those who have been screaming for varying weather and magic.

Hope that made sense.
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited April 2012
    Not to be a downer but I think people are blowing the catagory in the exchange way out of proportion. I am not looking forward to being on the forums if the announcement for the next EP doesn't include seasons. If it is I am not looking forward to all the complaining of they didn't include this or that from Sims 2. I think if EA does combine weather and magic it is because they are tired of the hundreds of Season's threads a day and decided to rush it instead of taking there time.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited April 2012
    LauriApp wrote:
    Not to be a downer but I think people are blowing the catagory in the exchange way out of proportion. I am not looking forward to being on the forums if the announcement for the next EP doesn't include seasons. If it is I am not looking forward to all the complaining of they didn't include this or that from Sims 2. I think if EA does combine weather and magic it is because they are tired of the hundreds of Season's threads a day and decided to rush it instead of taking there time.

I agree with you. One mislabeled category is not the same as lines and lines of leaked code that specifically references supernatural stuff. That's why I believe that the Magic EP could potentially include rain, which would be cool, but I doubt it is going to be the "seasons" that everyone is expecting. I don't really understand why the Seasons people seem to think it would be exactly like Sims 2, anyway. When has any expansion from this series been just like the Sims 2 version? Pets was the closest thing to an identical remake, and even that had a lot of diversions.

Not saying there won't be a seasonal or weather EP, but at this point it's more likely to be EP8.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    wzw1177wzw1177 Posts: 1,140 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I think next month we're gonna figure out what're inside EP7 because EA needs show it on E3, which is in June. 8)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    wzw1177 wrote:
    I think next month we're gonna figure out what're inside EP7 because EA needs show it on E3, which is in June. 8)

EA didn't show The Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack at E3.

But I am starting to get the feeling that if it is actually Seasons/Weather, or contains them we will be hearing about it soon.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I agree with you. One mislabeled category is not the same as lines and lines of leaked code that specifically references supernatural stuff. That's why I believe that the Magic EP could potentially include rain, which would be cool, but I doubt it is going to be the "seasons" that everyone is expecting. I don't really understand why the Seasons people seem to think it would be exactly like Sims 2, anyway. When has any expansion from this series been just like the Sims 2 version? Pets was the closest thing to an identical remake, and even that had a lot of diversions.

Not saying there won't be a seasonal or weather EP, but at this point it's more likely to be EP8.

What about this ?
    If you think about it the two may match alchemy/rain and thunder, fairies/spring summer, wolves/winter. That tweet was made just yesterday think that since there is already so much coding for magic the main story of the Ep may be magic with the backdrop being the elements. Hey ^ we have to check back after the official announcement on th web site :mrgreen:

And SMB mentions SNOW in his tweet above so now we have Rain and Snow... TBC
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited April 2012
    barisaxy wrote:
    wzw1177 wrote:

But I am starting to get the feeling that if it is actually Seasons/Weather, or contains them we will be hearing about it soon.

Yeah they did... They announced it like 3 days after Generations came out, just so they could show it at E3. Gosh, that seems like such a long time ago! :lol:
  • Options
    SimGuruMeatballSimGuruMeatball Posts: 314 Member
    edited April 2012
    UMKates wrote:

What about this ?
    If you think about it the two may match alchemy/rain and thunder, fairies/spring summer, wolves/winter. That tweet was made just yesterday think that since there is already so much coding for magic the main story of the Ep may be magic with the backdrop being the elements. Hey ^ we have to check back after the official announcement on th web site :mrgreen:

I think someone might need a tinfoil hat :wink:
    Art Director @ Maxis
    @SimGuruMeatball
  • Options
    catchmecatchme Posts: 237
    edited April 2012
    Simgurumeatball seems to want us to keep talking about this :)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    niac1234 wrote:
    barisaxy wrote:
    wzw1177 wrote:

Yeah they did... They announced it like 3 days after Generations came out, just so they could show it at E3. Gosh, that seems like such a long time ago! :lol:

They might have had some other little conference for it, but I believe it was mostly the console games. In the EA press conference (which I watched) the only thing The Sims they mentioned was The Sims Social for Facebook. I remember thinking "Are you serious? You have a Pets Expansion Pack to show off, and this is what you show? :hunf: "
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    Rianna90Rianna90 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited April 2012
    There are some very good reasons for combining Seasons with Magic. In spite of what some of you say, Seasons is not an optional pack and it brings a great deal to the game. It makes the game more realistic, more interesting and gives our sims some challenges. It could add sports (spring sports, winter sports, summer sports), various seasonal animals (bunnies, migrating birds) which add more pets/collectibles, and other fun things like ice skating, ocean swimming, spring wildflowers, raking leaves. The Sims is a life simulator and unless you live where I do...I have no real seasons here...then the seasons are a serious part of life.

Also..have you seen the people attempting to say they won't buy a Magic Pack? I know they are beat down and basically made to feel so unwelcome on forums that they often leave, but they are out there. They make up a significant part of the fan base. And many fans do not use the supernaturals at all when they play. So a pack that is only Magic will turn off some fans. Even if they lose only 5-10% of the base, they still lose something. Once mods are updated for the pack, that 5-10% may not feel it is worth playing anymore since they can't use their favorite mods. They may not buy more EPs and might replace The Sims with some other game. So EA mixes seasons with the magic, for all the reasons people have mentioned above and for better sales. Folks who want magic will buy it and folks who don't want magic but can't go without Seasons will buy it. EA wins....the Magic folks win, and the Seasons folks win. True..a pack with just seasons or just magic seems to be better to us because it would include more. But based on the packs we have so far, I doubt it.

Personally, I hope they mix the two. I don't want Magic. I want Seasons. But I see on the forums I frequent that a lot of people don't want Seasons. So..combined, the sales are better, we all get something we want, and we add to our sim gaming.

Good idea, in my opinion! Wonder how many people will yell and scream that they don't want Magic/Seasons in the next few posts. LOL Although I don't want Magic, I hope for their sake that Magic is included in the next pack because it is looking more and more like it is probably a pack that includes weather. Rain is probably a testing category, but that does not mean there won't be one for snow! Justify it all you want, but rain is weather..and weather is part of a seasons pack.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    catchme wrote:

Absolutely, this is highly amusing! :-)
    Art Director @ Maxis
    @SimGuruMeatball
  • Options
    wzw1177wzw1177 Posts: 1,140 New Member
    edited April 2012
    barisaxy wrote:
    wzw1177 wrote:

Well, I always thought EA showed Pets at E3 last year... :(Hope they will this year. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    catchmecatchme Posts: 237
    edited April 2012
    catchme wrote:

Absolutely, this is highly amusing! :-)

On;y because your statuses are quite quizzical. They almost seem teasing. Maybe your just having fun or maybe there is something more behing it. I'll just keep watching and waiting for now :)
  • Options
    Rianna90Rianna90 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Oh SimGuruMeatball, we are just little chess pieces on your little Sim chess board. :) I am so glad we are amusing you. It is nice when someone enjoys their job so much.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    UMKates wrote:

What about this ?

I think someone might need a tinfoil hat :wink:

Your funny lol why so I can get struck by ...LIGHTENING! 8) But I'm not a liar you did make that comment ... Didn't you :?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    catchme wrote:
    On;y because your statuses are quite quizzical. They almost seem teasing. Maybe your just having fun or maybe there is something more behing it. I'll just keep watching and waiting for now :)

As I am not in PR nor marketing, I would lean towards the first :wink:
    Art Director @ Maxis
    @SimGuruMeatball