Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did anyone see this? Thanks to Simsvip, I did. ( Seasons, in some form or fashion may be coming!)

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited April 2012
    I don't really feel bad if it's not magic and it turns out to be a combination of magic and seasons. Actually quite a few thought that would happen since both have the same elemental make up. That being said, that's what speculation on the fans part does. It's not the guru's fault if something that is leaked people take it and go wild with it.

Lol a leak is never looked at for face value. So the blame shouldn't be passed onto EA for this one. Fans find information then they should just know well that's one thing I know about in game and that's all. Never does that happen they see one thing and already guessing and speculation what that one thing could possibly mean, lol the only people who did the teasing was we ourselves.

We just don't know what the next ep is about lets just wait and see, i'm sure a trailer will be leaked soon too. ^ ^
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    edited April 2012
    Anavastia wrote:
    I don't really feel bad if it's not magic and it turns out to be a combination of magic and seasons. Actually quite a few thought that would happen since both have the same elemental make up. That being said, that's what speculation on the fans part does. It's not the guru's fault if something that is leaked people take it and go wild with it.

Lol a leak is never looked at for face value. So the blame shouldn't be passed onto EA for this one. Fans find information then they should just know well that's one thing I know about in game and that's all. Never does that happen they see one thing and already guessing and speculation what that one thing could possibly mean, lol the only people who did the teasing was we ourselves.

We just don't know what the next ep is about lets just wait and see, i'm sure a trailer will be leaked soon too. ^ ^

I think the story about the Blind Men and the Elephant applies, to quote the opening and the ending: :lol:
    It was six men of Indostan
    To learning much inclined,
    Who went to see the Elephant
    (Though all of them were blind),
    That each by observation
    Might satisfy his mind.

And so these men of Indostan
    Disputed loud and long,
    Each in his own opinion
    Exceeding stiff and strong,
    Though each was partly in the right,
    And all were in the wrong!
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Rianna90Rianna90 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Anavastia wrote:
    Lol a leak is never looked at for face value. So the blame shouldn't be passed onto EA for this one.

While I agree with most of what you said, EA is to blame for the leak..or to be more precise, someone at EA is to be blamed. It was a really stupid mistake that would have not happened if someone had actually checked the patch before they posted it. ;) Trying to pass this on the fans is really unfair. Now..it is the fans fault that they run with it, assuming that it is basically an official announcement. We really have no idea what the next pack will be, whether that was stuff that was later dumped, or whether that is only a small portion of a future EP. But you can bet many people will feel betrayed if they don't get their dedicated magic pack...which was never promised to them in the first place.
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited April 2012
    Personally, I think that this means either 1 of 2 things:

1) The creators of the game have just now started working on Seasons, and they created new outfit categories, but when they put that onto their computers, it also uploaded with the new Store Items since they're making it!
    (Yes, if Seasons will be in 2 Expansion Packs, they have likely somewhat recently begun building it. The next EP probably started around the leak of ST.)

2) They're making a Seasons/Magic combo EP, which is just an opportunity for all chaos to break free across the entire Sims community, in and outside of this website.

If it wasn't for the fact that they did such a terribly-done, half-baked attempt at magic in TS2: AL, I wouldn't mind them combining these. But if they are distracted by even a fraction of the effort that could go into a Magic EP by making Seasons, or distracted from making Seasons by making Magic, well...
    Let's just say that I won't be the only one who will be upset.

And we all know that! Somebody will get hurt in the end if they're doing #2 if they do not find the perfect balance!

If something is even the least bit offset, The Sims is going to have another totally useless Fan vs. Developer war! AGAIN! :shock: :evil:

Seasoners want full-on weather, and most (but not totally) all of them couldn't care less if they took things out of a Magic EP to focus on a Seasons EP.
    Magicers want full-on magic, and most (but not totally)all of them couldn't care less if they took things out of a Seasons EP to focus on a Magic EP.

If this is true, then they just walked themselves right into an extremely unstable, yet ticking time bomb. And the bomb is going to blow up right here, on the forums.

With that said, people, if they combine the 2 EPs, be civilized and do not make any complaints. Just be happy that they made the 2 EPs and are trying to make us happy.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Honestly, I think there are a lot of people who would be absolutely thrilled if they combined magic with seasons. Some of us did not think Apartment life was a bad EP and in fact, it was one of my favorites. I belong to forums where the overwhelming majority is not happy about an expansion pack devoted to magic. So when you talk about the community, remember that the community includes a lot of people. Yes, many of them avoid these threads because they get bashed for not liking what some of you like.

Either way, a dedicated magic pack will be one that some folks will not buy because it does not fit into a realistic world. Seasons can fit into both fantasy and realistic game play. Now..if they promised those of us who play realism a Business pack, then I could see the comparison. I could completely understand why the fantasy lovers might not like a business pack. LOL

Whenever people come here and try to explain why they represent the entire community, they do a disservice to the people here. I don't know if they think 'threatening' EA will help their cause but it is rather silly. Seasons/Weather will sell very well, regardless of whether they release a magic pack or not. Some folks might cry and scream, but I bet 99% of them buy Seasons/Weather. ;)
  • Options
    OlomayaOlomaya Posts: 575 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Rianna90 wrote:
    Honestly, I think there are a lot of people who would be absolutely thrilled if they combined magic with seasons. Some of us did not think Apartment life was a bad EP and in fact, it was one of my favorites. I belong to forums where the overwhelming majority is not happy about an expansion pack devoted to magic. So when you talk about the community, remember that the community includes a lot of people. Yes, many of them avoid these threads because they get bashed for not liking what some of you like.

Either way, a dedicated magic pack will be one that some folks will not buy because it does not fit into a realistic world. Seasons can fit into both fantasy and realistic game play. Now..if they promised those of us who play realism a Business pack, then I could see the comparison. I could completely understand why the fantasy lovers might not like a business pack. LOL

Whenever people come here and try to explain why they represent the entire community, they do a disservice to the people here. I don't know if they think 'threatening' EA will help their cause but it is rather silly. Seasons/Weather will sell very well, regardless of whether they release a magic pack or not. Some folks might cry and scream, but I bet 99% of them buy Seasons/Weather. ;)

I somewhat agree with you Rianna because I loved Apartment Life and I never even played any of the magic-related features in the EP. Yet I still thought it was worth the money and provided a fulfilling gameplay experience but then again, TS2 EPs included more features and gameplay than TS3 EPs in my opinion, so it's hard to compare.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Rianna90 wrote:

Well, yeah. The same points can be made by quite a few magicers.
    Just as seasoners want more realism and less fantasy, magicers want less realism and more fantasy.
    And a Seasons EP would be an EP that some may not buy because it does not fit in a fantasy world!

Not trying to "bash" you, as some would accuse me of, but I'm just trying to point that out.
    And they may really threaten EA! We saw plenty of stuff like that happen when they added social features with the Showtime updates!

I don't know whether or not you have played The Sims: Makin' Magic, but I'm assuming you haven't simply because I haven't met a single fan of magic, who has liked both Makin' Magic AND Apartment Life. Ever.

And, yes, a Seasons and Magic EP together does sound really great! However, it's the fans' reactions that get thrown into the piece. At this point, we're all basically a dog who is about to attack their owner for taunting them with a treat.

They've been saving these 2 EPs for last. Everyone is about to burst and just kill EA simply because they haven't made the EP that they want yet.
    So, as has been seen in the past with The Sims, if they combine these 2 EPs, the attention to detail on one aspect of the EPs can very well affect the attention on the other aspect of the other EP.

If the Simmers see that just 1 thing is missing, or "out of wack" from what they've been expecting for nearly half a decade, then the dog will be set free, and it will kill its teaser. And it doesn't just affect the developers! Everyone who is trying to avoid the commotion will be caught in the middle.

Again, Apartment Life was the biggest let-down in the Sims series for anybody who ever even dreamed of having anything from Makin' Magic return to the game.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited April 2012
    niac1234 wrote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    As much as I love both Seasons and Magic... I REALLY don't want them to be the same EP, and I doubt they will be. I suppose you could say this is biased, but I really want Seasons and Magic to be lived up to their full potential. There is so much they could do to them and putting them together is almost an insult to both. :lol:

I was hoping an updated gardening system would be with seasons. Rooftop gardens, garden clubs, green houses, many new plants (oriental, shaded, and fruit bearing), and more special plants. This goes A LOT more with Seasons, and they have to update gardening and plants to fit the seasons anyway. :D

I don't think they'd do it anyways. They aren't stupid, they know that a lot of people will buy magic, and a lot of people would buy Seasons. And I bet just as many would buy both together, why would they converge them if it would split the profits too. Plus, there are a bunch of simmers who want Magic but don't want Seasons to blow up their computer, and a bunch of simmers who want Seasons but don't want the fantasy aspects of Magic, like how it is with KP sweet treats. Mark my words, if they combine the 2, Hell will break loose on the forums! :shock:

I wonder what they'd name a pack like that anyways...

Thing is we don't know if it will be necessarily Magic being combined.

We only saw leaked CREATURE effects. This could be the first EP with multiple creatures. Presumably, a creature for each season possibly.

We saw leaked creature EFFECTS along with leaked witch, wizard, and alchemy NOTES. Since they are grouped in the same leak, I presume that they are both true. :D

Ah, I remember now. Checked over at SimsVIP and reread the list.

It could still possibly be thrown in together depending on what they do with weather from what I see.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited April 2012
    Rianna90 wrote:
    Anavastia wrote:
    Lol a leak is never looked at for face value. So the blame shouldn't be passed onto EA for this one.

While I agree with most of what you said, EA is to blame for the leak..or to be more precise, someone at EA is to be blamed. It was a really stupid mistake that would have not happened if someone had actually checked the patch before they posted it. ;) Trying to pass this on the fans is really unfair. Now..it is the fans fault that they run with it, assuming that it is basically an official announcement. We really have no idea what the next pack will be, whether that was stuff that was later dumped, or whether that is only a small portion of a future EP. But you can bet many people will feel betrayed if they don't get their dedicated magic pack...which was never promised to them in the first place.

Technically though for video games patches and content are what they are there's probably plenty of coding that leads to information for future setup it's just a given. So even if EA leaks it which they do, it usually is for pr purposes to hype up the next expansion. So again not the best pr stradegy but it works and it's just not their fault that fans get hyped up on this stuff and then take it and go wild with it.

I think fans have to accept some responsibility here and this is the one thing, disappointment here is on themselves as it was just a leak and no other information followed. If we thought of anything otherwise then that was of our own and not EA's.

Lol though like i said I can see seasons and magic being in an expansion as it's an interesting combination. I think they may bring some suprising and fun gameplay either way so im not disappointed at all.

Also the more realism more fantasy arguement, look i say this in truth sims is what we the fans make it. There is something from both groups in every expansion and this is what makes for exciting gameplay. Many people here play both and switch up their themes from time to time, either way there is no wrong or right way to have sims, becaue sims was never based on human reality in the first place. It's based on human imagination and so that opens the door for both words realistic or not.

As i said the fans who speculate you set your self up for failure, because nothing will be the way you want it. That's why we shouldn't do it. If you are expecting sims 1 making magic you will be disappointed so throw those ideals out your head now. If you are expecting sims 2 seasons again you will be disappointed throw those ideals out your head now. I can assure you through six expansions we aren't getting the clones with better graphics of these games and we should accept that by now as we near the last of the expansion. All that should matter is that whatever they decide to do the concepts are complete and there is enough gameplay for players to enjoy themselves. We should wait and see information im sure will make it our way in a few months.
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited April 2012
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    As much as I love both Seasons and Magic... I REALLY don't want them to be the same EP, and I doubt they will be. I suppose you could say this is biased, but I really want Seasons and Magic to be lived up to their full potential. There is so much they could do to them and putting them together is almost an insult to both. :lol:

I was hoping an updated gardening system would be with seasons. Rooftop gardens, garden clubs, green houses, many new plants (oriental, shaded, and fruit bearing), and more special plants. This goes A LOT more with Seasons, and they have to update gardening and plants to fit the seasons anyway. :D

I don't think they'd do it anyways. They aren't stupid, they know that a lot of people will buy magic, and a lot of people would buy Seasons. And I bet just as many would buy both together, why would they converge them if it would split the profits too. Plus, there are a bunch of simmers who want Magic but don't want Seasons to blow up their computer, and a bunch of simmers who want Seasons but don't want the fantasy aspects of Magic, like how it is with KP sweet treats. Mark my words, if they combine the 2, Hell will break loose on the forums! :shock:

I wonder what they'd name a pack like that anyways...

Thing is we don't know if it will be necessarily Magic being combined.

We only saw leaked CREATURE effects. This could be the first EP with multiple creatures. Presumably, a creature for each season possibly.

We saw leaked creature EFFECTS along with leaked witch, wizard, and alchemy NOTES. Since they are grouped in the same leak, I presume that they are both true. :D

Ah, I remember now. Checked over at SimsVIP and reread the list.

It could still possibly be thrown in together depending on what they do with weather from what I see.

Ah that's o.k. :D

Whatever they do, I'm sure EP 7 is going to be the best yet... still waiting for an announcement though! :lol:
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited April 2012
    Rianna90 wrote:
    Mistranslating? Rain was in English and found by JenieUSA on several uploads. Then others found the same thing. How can that be a mistranslation? SimVIP only reported what they were told by others. If you look, you can see that Rain is listed as well.

I meant a mistranslation of the numbered code in the file. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
    It could also mean that the martial arts category for the files has been changed to a new seasons category, since clothes from this set were the first outside of the WA outfits that used this category.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    edited April 2012
    EA needs to just announce the next EP so we can all stop speculating. Quite frankly, I'd be happy with a magic and weather EP. Weather alone isn't worth $40 in my opinion, but paired with magic and it could be awesome. Especially if my sims could use the moon phases to conjure various spells and have them be more or less effective depending on when they were cast. Also summoning lightning to strike someone sounds good.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    >_< :hunf:
    We're not gonna know 'till KPST.
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited April 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    >_< :hunf:
    We're not gonna know 'till KPST.

:hunf: yourself

That's not until June/ July! :shock:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    If the Simmers see that just 1 thing is missing, or "out of wack" from what they've been expecting for nearly half a decade, then the dog will be set free, and it will kill its teaser. And it doesn't just affect the developers! Everyone who is trying to avoid the commotion will be caught in the middle.

Hyperbole? Just a little? :) People accepted Showtime and many of them bought it. If they don't already realize that many more than "1 thing" will be missing from ANY EP they try to recreate, then they are living in some fantasy land already! EA has taken out a lot from the recreated EPs...Late Night compared to Night Life? Ambitions compared to Open for Business? Showtime is nothing like Superstar. I really doubt that any magic pack you see for Sims 3 is going to recreate Makin' Magic completely.

As for waiting..hey, I waited for OFB, and I didn't 'kill' anyone when Ambitions came out. Your language is a bit over the top. This is just a game and it is obvious we will get some magic in the game, more than in Sims 2, but I really doubt anyone is going to kill EA if they don't give them what they want..unless they are a psychopath!

Geesh. I do think the EA Gurus need to stop teasing. That is what will destroy the community, not fans who see failing to get the game EP they want will ruin their lives.
  • Options
    UMKatesUMKates Posts: 811 New Member
    edited April 2012
    @^ i agree and i don't I hope people realized by now that this isn't S2 but.... Say if like there was rain but the sims didn't realize it :roll: SMH then I forsee people getting out of pocket on this forum.

But I love SGM and other Guru's kidding and interacting with us . This is the most ive been on the forums in years since the bbs inTS2. It makes it fun!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    UMKates wrote:
    But I love SGM and other Guru's kidding and interacting with us . This is the most ive been on the forums in years since the bbs inTS2. It makes it fun!

It might be fun for you and it might be fun for me, but obviously, from the post above, some folks take it waaayyyy too seriously and are flipping out. Sad when folks start threatening a game company when they don't get what they want. :roll:

Although..it is highly amusing to watch the implosion.... :lol:

• Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,004 Member
    edited April 2012
    Sorry I made a mistake.