Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• Options
    Silverstar5668Silverstar5668 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Changing target families... I loved playing different families at a time. Now I am stuck playing with the same family; and It is taking forever to changed the target family... It is reallly annonyng. JMO.
  • Options
    zackman47zackman47 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    one thing i dont like is that i made a sim and played him some and then i made another family and played with them and when i went to play with the other sim again he had 4 babies :shock: with no other parent :(

also: i dont know how to use my bike it just says set owner every time i click it, so i set the owner to my sim and it still says i can set the owner and nothing else plz help
  • Options
    TigerNicky924TigerNicky924 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009

Not being able to install Riverview is frustrating the hell out of me!! I have tried for 3 days and it just won't install......it downloads in my launcher and then after that I try to install it but nothing happens!! So angry about that!!
  • Options
    TigerNicky924TigerNicky924 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009

Not being able to install Riverview is frustrating the hell out of me!! I have tried for 3 days and it just won't install......it downloads in my launcher and then after that I try to install it but nothing happens!! So angry about that!!
  • Options
    spacewolfcubspacewolfcub Posts: 41 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You can TURN ON EDGE-SCROLLING?
    I can't believe I didn't go look for it in the options... I'm gonna run there right now!
  • Options
    NinjaGirl11NinjaGirl11 Posts: 38 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Actually some things that annoy me are:
    My sim went over to a house that had a fireplace going and the moodlet did not disappear. :x
  • Options
    AbortressAbortress Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    zackman47 wrote:
    one thing i dont like is that i made a sim and played him some and then i made another family and played with them and when i went to play with the other sim again he had 4 babies :shock: with no other parent :(

also: i dont know how to use my bike it just says set owner every time i click it, so i set the owner to my sim and it still says i can set the owner and nothing else plz help

After you assign the bike to someone, whenever you have them go somewhere (aside from work or skewl) they'll ride the bike.
  • Options
    AangaAanga Posts: 107 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The fans that ***** for the sake of ******** >__>

oh, and the time controls. Hope the patch fixes that :D
  • Options
    TesaviusTesavius Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    (1)Skin colour doesn't show up properly. My Sim looks pink! I know I didn't select pink!
    (2) Most of the dark colour choices in create a style is unnatural looking and looks different from colour wheel
    (3) It's a pain having to create a style for everything. (YES I SAID IT) Default stuff is crappy looking, why don't they create a better colour in the first place and ship it?
    (4) I can't believe I cannot make a family with a teen living by herself, a child living with a grandparent, or an adult sibling living with a kid brother
    (5) Story Progression Mode
    (6) Neighbourhoods designed badly. I can't FIND my Sim house! I keep getting lost in the effing neighbourhood and there are not enough cheap empty lots.
    (7) Bad hair styles (Too many messy and weird hair! I want my Sims to look normal not like nutcases who can't afford to go to the dressers and took a scissors to their hair)
    ( 8 ) Sims putting random stuff in their inventory. I have to keep emptying them of newspapers and books!
    (9) Stupid fussy Sims! They have no money and they are whining about cold showers? Be glad they have a shower!
    (10) Crummy houses cost way too much. Even a small tiny 1 bed, 1 bath on the cheapest lot can wipe out all our money so you don't have any left to buy a bed.
    (11) Buttons are not intuitive and clumsy to maneuver.
    (12) FAT faces! FAT faces! UGLY SIMS!!!

All in all, I am not enjoying this game very much. Will probably not buy any expansions for this.
  • Options
    PhantasyGurlPhantasyGurl Posts: 185 New Member
    edited June 2009
    First I must say I love TS3...
    But hate there is no bodyshop. I want to do more than use patterns. I need to add more of creativity! :x
  • Options
    xspadrax21xspadrax21 Posts: 26 Member
    edited June 2009
    How about..... I have had this game for 4 days and I still can't get it to play. I have done all the "suggested" topics that EA has said that they think might fix the problem but they are still working on it. I keep getting the disk Authentication Failure. :evil:
  • Options
    LauraheartsevanLauraheartsevan Posts: 194 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Bexi wrote:
    Genetic blending...is really bad compared to the sims 2...when making a dark sim and a light sim...the children will either be light OR dark...never a shade inbetween...i feel very disappointed about that

Are you serious? I didn't know that! That STINKS!
  • Options
    AangaAanga Posts: 107 New Member
    edited June 2009
    xspadrax21 wrote:
    How about..... I have had this game for 4 days and I still can't get it to play. I have done all the "suggested" topics that EA has said that they think might fix the problem but they are still working on it. I keep getting the disk Authentication Failure. :evil:

I know this may shock you...

but have you looked at your computer and seen if it's a problem with the computer?

if not, have you attempted going back to the store you bought it from and told them your issue?
  • Options
    stacyp_86stacyp_86 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Can't name just one.

1) Can't customize town
    2) Can only have one household per neighborhood
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Navigation and lack of hairstyles (And assuming that I'm going to PAY for more?! Hahaha... no.)

This is exactly how I feel! I mean, they barely put anything (objects, clothing, hairstyles) in the game, but yet look at all the crap they have in the Sims3.com Store!!! Like they're fooling anyone. I like the Sims 3, but I doubt if I'll get any expansion packs (and this is coming from someone who has every sims game ever made). I probably wouldn't even have room for more than 1 or 2 expansion packs on my computer.
  • Options
    PhyroxisPhyroxis Posts: 105 New Member
    edited June 2009
    People on forums who B, P, & M.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Phyroxis wrote:

If it bothers you so much, then why did you even read this forumn? You say it bugs you, but yet you take the time out of your precious life to come on this forum, read the complaint threads, and leave a comment.

Why don't you take your cynicism and bottle it up in a jar like you do your loneliness.
  • Options
    FarosFaros Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was gonna say the whole speed thing, but since people are already throwing fits about it, I guess I can pick something else. lol

I guess the biggest thing that bugs me is the hair on the guys. They're all these really stylish things, and there's very little that would constitute a normal hair style. I mean, look at my avatar. I tried to make it resemble me as accurately as I could, but my hair isn't anywhere near that long.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Phyroxis wrote:

If it bothers you so much, then why did you even read this forumn? You say it bugs you, but yet you take the time out of your precious life to come on this forum, read the complaint threads, and leave a comment.

Why don't you take your cynicism and bottle it up in a jar like you do your loneliness.

I'm here to answer questions of people who need help in game.

I'm just sick of people, as I said, B, P, & M'ing. The majority of those people do with very little game time, assuming that its as terrible as a first glance. They complain about stuff not being in game even if it actually is!

A thread perpetuating this whining is nothing but negative. As for your insults, well go ahead and project away.

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Phyroxis wrote:
    Phyroxis wrote:

I'm just sick of people, as I said, B, P, & M'ing. The majority of those people do with very little game time, assuming that its as terrible as a first glance. They complain about stuff not being in game even if it actually is!

A thread perpetuating this whining is nothing but negative. As for your insults, well go ahead and project away.

You're already insulting us by saying we're B, P, and M-ing over the game. We are simply expressing and sharing our views about the newly released game. No one is judging by first glance either, they're all playing the game and simply discussing what they don't like about it. Did you notice the other threads that discuss what simmers do like about it? No, I assume you just wanted to leave your pessimistic comments for others to see.

How does "I'm here to answer questions of people who need help in game." even factor in the post that you left on this thread? It doesn't because the comment you left was simply rude and had no attempt at helping others or answering the base question.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Faros wrote:
    I was gonna say the whole speed thing, but since people are already throwing fits about it, I guess I can pick something else. lol

I guess the biggest thing that bugs me is the hair on the guys. They're all these really stylish things, and there's very little that would constitute a normal hair style. I mean, look at my avatar. I tried to make it resemble me as accurately as I could, but my hair isn't anywhere near that long.

I agree, I think we got 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on the hair.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Phyroxis wrote:
    Phyroxis wrote:

You're already insulting us by saying we're B, P, and M-ing over the game. We are simply expressing and sharing our views about the newly released game. No one is judging by first glance either, they're all playing the game and simply discussing what they don't like about it. Did you notice the other threads that discuss what simmers do like about it? No, I assume you just wanted to leave your pessimistic comments for others to see.

How does "I'm here to answer questions of people who need help in game." even factor in the post that you left on this thread? It doesn't because the comment you left was simply rude and had no attempt at helping others or answering the base question.

Point 1: Except you are

Point 2: My conclusions are based on evidence rampant in the forums

Point 3: Can't contribute anything to solve a problem in a whine thread.

Point 4: I'd like to spend more time in positive threads, but unfortunately they are WAY outnumbered by ones like this.

If you take it as an insult, maybe you're offended because you realize you're not really contributing anything by posting in this thread. My ultimate goal is to get it shut down.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Phyroxis wrote:
    Phyroxis wrote:
    Phyroxis wrote:

Point 4: I'd like to spend more time in positive threads, but unfortunately they are WAY outnumbered by ones like this.

If you take it as an insult, maybe you're offended because you realize you're not really contributing anything by posting in this thread. My ultimate goal is to get it shut down.

I'm not here to contribute, I'm here to have fun and communicate with others who I share a pastime with. This forum isn't all about help, if you want to "help" (and yes, I say that lightly) others, go to the technical help forum.

Also, no one here is doing anything wrong, therefore it can't be shut down. We're all just talking about the Sims 3. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it wrong.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Phyroxis wrote:
    Phyroxis wrote:
    Phyroxis wrote:

I'm not here to contribute, I'm here to have fun and communicate with others who I share a pastime with. This forum isn't all about help, if you want to "help" (and yes, I say that lightly) others, go to the technical help forum.

Lol.. okay. You do that. I'll keep doing what I do.
  • Options
    melissawarholmelissawarhol Posts: 133 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The fact that I can't play it more than 10 minutes without it freezing/crashing.