Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Hotel Challenge! (NEW, FUN CHALLENGE) *New addition to rules-Children + MAIDS now allowed*

Comments

• Options
    skypup4skypup4 Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2011
    It is so much work to run a hotel!!

Marianne, the owner of the hotel, never gets any sleep. She drinks coffee for energy and spends her time cooking, cleaning, and running up and down flights of stairs.
    And she really needs a shower, too.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Meanwhile, the guests are enjoying their food in the midst of the hotel. They all have jobs, so they're busy a lot of the time, but most of the time they are still relaxing around the hotel, eating, talking, fighting, and making messes for Marianne to clean up. They're probably wondering how they lucked out so much as to get a personal maid and live in an amazing hotel!

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

That's not to say they get along all the time. Sometimes, my crazy sims does act crazy, as she should...
    screenshot_original.jpg

and mean...and that doesn't go over will with my grouchy elder.

screenshot_original.jpg

But overall, the guests are happy. (Nice glasses there, Amy!)
    screenshot_original.jpg

But poor, poor Marianne. She is not happy. At all. She drinks lots and lots of coffee.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    "Why do I have to be the owner?" she complains.
    You just do. Now get over it.

screenshot_original.jpg
    "You're mean!"
    Hey, it's not my fault. Blame the creator of this challenge!
    "I just want to go to sleep. PLEASE!!!!"
    Okay, fine. But only for a little while!

screenshot_original.jpg
    "Oh thank you, O magnificent creator! You are most kind and.....zzzzzzzz"
    Oh shut up! Time to start cleaning again!!!
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!"

Meanwhile, life goes on. Yeah, it is totally appropriate to eat waffles with a total stranger wearing your underwear. screenshot_original.jpg

• Options
    EmEmEmilyEmEmEmEmEmilyEmEm Posts: 13
    edited June 2011
    I had one of my hotel guests be the sibling of the other.
    Can I have them share a room, since i am crunched for space?
  • Options
    zath1zath1 Posts: 220 New Member
    edited June 2011
    OH.
    MY.
    GOSH!
    *hugs you*
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU!

I'm about to make a family right now!!!
    I'm so excited for this!!!
  • Options
    yabajenyabajen Posts: 1,187 New Member
    edited June 2011
    No problem! Don't forget to share your pics! :mrgreen:
    This looks really fun! I have so many challenges I want to do, lol. Thanks for sharing! Definitely giving it a try.

That's really strange because it should be working. Can you write down the steps you took and I'll see what went wrong?
    fleshjenn wrote:
    nope still not working. i think i will just purchase some things and stick it into the inventory.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: LOVING your pics, absolutely hilarious.
    As for poor Marianne in a few weeks she'll be able to afford a maid to help around the hotel (if you choose to let her have one :wink: )
    Good thing there's coffee in the meantime!
    skypup4 wrote:
    It is so much work to run a hotel!!

Marianne, the owner of the hotel, never gets any sleep. She drinks coffee for energy and spends her time cooking, cleaning, and running up and down flights of stairs.
    And she really needs a shower, too.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Meanwhile, the guests are enjoying their food in the midst of the hotel. They all have jobs, so they're busy a lot of the time, but most of the time they are still relaxing around the hotel, eating, talking, fighting, and making messes for Marianne to clean up. They're probably wondering how they lucked out so much as to get a personal maid and live in an amazing hotel!

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

That's not to say they get along all the time. Sometimes, my crazy sims does act crazy, as she should...
    screenshot_original.jpg

and mean...and that doesn't go over will with my grouchy elder.

screenshot_original.jpg

But overall, the guests are happy. (Nice glasses there, Amy!)
    screenshot_original.jpg

But poor, poor Marianne. She is not happy. At all. She drinks lots and lots of coffee.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    "Why do I have to be the owner?" she complains.
    You just do. Now get over it.

screenshot_original.jpg
    "You're mean!"
    Hey, it's not my fault. Blame the creator of this challenge!
    "I just want to go to sleep. PLEASE!!!!"
    Okay, fine. But only for a little while!

screenshot_original.jpg
    "Oh thank you, O magnificent creator! You are most kind and.....zzzzzzzz"
    Oh shut up! Time to start cleaning again!!!
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!"

Meanwhile, life goes on. Yeah, it is totally appropriate to eat waffles with a total stranger wearing your underwear. screenshot_original.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Ofcourse! :D
    I had one of my hotel guests be the sibling of the other.
    Can I have them share a room, since i am crunched for space?

:mrgreen::mrgreen: You're very welcome, have fun!!
    zath1 wrote:
    OH.
    MY.
    GOSH!
    *hugs you*
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU!

I'm about to make a family right now!!!
    I'm so excited for this!!!
  • Options
    EmEmEmilyEmEmEmEmEmilyEmEm Posts: 13
    edited June 2011
    Thanks!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2011
    I wanted to try this,but the hotel I downloaded is a community lot, not residential.And no one can sleep on the community lot.And my owner wont stay at the lot, she goes home when she's hungry,thirsty,tired.:/

You didn't mention that it was going to be a community lot lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sorry I forgot to mention that you're supposed to go to edit town mode and switch the lot type to residential!
    :wink:
    I wanted to try this,but the hotel I downloaded is a community lot, not residential.And no one can sleep on the community lot.And my owner wont stay at the lot, she goes home when she's hungry,thirsty,tired.:/

You didn't mention that it was going to be a community lot lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yay! It worked.I got my owner in Time to make guests.:P
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Good :D
    Yay! It worked.I got my owner in Time to make guests.:P
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Restarting cause I messed up and my game was super laggy.XD
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    bump :D
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited June 2011
    Soo tired! been scrubbing walls and floors for the last 3 hours, fixing to go clean the stove.(RL problems)

In game problems- Its crazy running after 7 slobs! I played through 2 days the other day and it was hectic. I locked the owners bedroom and the kitchen which leads into the laundry room, she would clean, eat, sleep, cook, and repeat. but good news with the guests, on day two 4 of the 7 had gotten their first promotions!

as for the cheat i went into edit town mode, brought up the window and entered testingcheatsenabled true, then enter, then entered brought up the window again and entered familyfunds Maxis Hotel 1000

Maxis Hotel being the Household name. I saved went back into the game and nothing had happened. I tried it several times with the same result. what i wound up doing was buy several items and put them into the family inventory where they cant be used.
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited June 2011
    Bump
  • Options
    GladisGladis Posts: 16,144 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Hello i started the chalange now and it is reazly funn.

Here is the hotell im using i built it my self: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4190260
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited June 2011
    fleshjenn,

Leave off the "Hotel". familyfunds familyname amount - family name not lot name.

Now to the main part of the post:

I have been having problems uploading and downloading to this site for a couple of days so built my luxury home/boarding house myself and no pictures or lots uploaded. Anyway I have been playing with some questionable "features" that may be cheats so need clarification.

My house cost close to 200,000 so needed 4 motherlodes to buy it. Since I made my hotel owner have "living in the lap of luxury" as her LTW she got all those happiness points (I moved mother and daughter onto a little 10X10 lot first). The first thing I gave her was "no bills ever".

Next question, do we have to have a laundry if we have Ambitions? I'm playing as if I don't. Don't know how you all are keeping up with everything plus laundry. I've got the perfect place in my lot design so will probably add that next time I play this way.

Also next time I will start out with one or more couples, less bathrooms to clean. In my current game I created sims with the idea to develop romances between guests. Since each of my rooms have double beds that has gone well. Margo, my hotel owner no longer needs to clean up in the attic since I have 2 couples now. My question has to do with guests making their own beds.

One morning I directed one of the guests to read a book after waking in the morning. I was giving him something to do until his new girlfriend woke up. Instead of going downstairs he relaxed on the bed to read. Since then I have been directing them to do this so they can then woohoo before breakfast and before work (puts them in a good mood ;) ). Anyway, relaxing on the bed, cuddling and woohoing makes the bed. So although I am not directing them to make the bed, the beds get made and the guests are in much better moods and poor Margo is getting to bed a little sooner. If this is cheating do I need to have all woohooing in the hot tub?

Hope to get some pictures when I figure out whats going on.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    fleshjenn wrote:
    Soo tired! been scrubbing walls and floors for the last 3 hours, fixing to go clean the stove.(RL problems)

In game problems- Its crazy running after 7 slobs! I played through 2 days the other day and it was hectic. I locked the owners bedroom and the kitchen which leads into the laundry room, she would clean, eat, sleep, cook, and repeat. but good news with the guests, on day two 4 of the 7 had gotten their first promotions!

as for the cheat i went into edit town mode, brought up the window and entered testingcheatsenabled true, then enter, then entered brought up the window again and entered familyfunds Maxis Hotel 1000

Maxis Hotel being the Household name. I saved went back into the game and nothing had happened. I tried it several times with the same result. what i wound up doing was buy several items and put them into the family inventory where they cant be used.

You can go to edit town mode and change the household name to your owner's last name, then re-try and tell me if it works. It might work better if its just one word or atleast a hyphen between the two words.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Love it :mrgreen:
    Gladis wrote:
    Hello i started the chalange now and it is reazly funn.

Here is the hotell im using i built it my self: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4190260
  • Options
    zath1zath1 Posts: 220 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Ok, Half of my hotel is done. All i need to do now is furnish most of the rooms. I'll update ASAP
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Keeping in mind that its your hotel and you can do as you like, the official challenge rules would become void if you gave the owner a "no bills ever" reward because the main point of the challenge is to start off with 1000 and rely on your guests' paychecks to pay the hotel bills and fix/furnish the hotel and eventually hire a maid etc

-Laundry is for when you have ambitions yes, and would be the RL equivalent to guests getting their dry cleaning done by the hotel so it is part of the challenge (but you don't have to if you don't want to)

-And the original rules call for 1 couple only but again you can add more if you want as its your game.

-99% of the time slobs won't do their beds, but when they woohoo on their own and do their beds then no its not considered cheating. Remember that you should be focusing on the owner the majority of the time so making guests woohoo just so you don't have to make the beds would be considered cheating :wink:
    cwaddell wrote:
    fleshjenn,

Leave off the "Hotel". familyfunds familyname amount - family name not lot name.

Now to the main part of the post:

I have been having problems uploading and downloading to this site for a couple of days so built my luxury home/boarding house myself and no pictures or lots uploaded. Anyway I have been playing with some questionable "features" that may be cheats so need clarification.

My house cost close to 200,000 so needed 4 motherlodes to buy it. Since I made my hotel owner have "living in the lap of luxury" as her LTW she got all those happiness points (I moved mother and daughter onto a little 10X10 lot first). The first thing I gave her was "no bills ever".

Next question, do we have to have a laundry if we have Ambitions? I'm playing as if I don't. Don't know how you all are keeping up with everything plus laundry. I've got the perfect place in my lot design so will probably add that next time I play this way.

Also next time I will start out with one or more couples, less bathrooms to clean. In my current game I created sims with the idea to develop romances between guests. Since each of my rooms have double beds that has gone well. Margo, my hotel owner no longer needs to clean up in the attic since I have 2 couples now. My question has to do with guests making their own beds.

One morning I directed one of the guests to read a book after waking in the morning. I was giving him something to do until his new girlfriend woke up. Instead of going downstairs he relaxed on the bed to read. Since then I have been directing them to do this so they can then woohoo before breakfast and before work (puts them in a good mood ;) ). Anyway, relaxing on the bed, cuddling and woohoing makes the bed. So although I am not directing them to make the bed, the beds get made and the guests are in much better moods and poor Margo is getting to bed a little sooner. If this is cheating do I need to have all woohooing in the hot tub?

Hope to get some pictures when I figure out whats going on.

• Options
    Leah1980Leah1980 Posts: 907 Member
    edited June 2011
    OMG OMG OMG. I think I shall try this tonight. Should we make the sims other than the owner unselectable? Or no? Thats my only ? I'm not sure If I'll still get the money if they live there and are unselectable but in the household. This sounds very challenging and I love a challenge!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I haven't tried so I'm not sure if they would still contribute if they are unselectable, maybe you can try and let us know? :D

Sometimes sims "skip work" so its helpful to keep them selectable so you can make them go to work or if you have a teen in the house and want to pull pranks etc etc

Leah1980 wrote:
    OMG OMG OMG. I think I shall try this tonight. Should we make the sims other than the owner unselectable? Or no? Thats my only ? I'm not sure If I'll still get the money if they live there and are unselectable but in the household. This sounds very challenging and I love a challenge!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ooo good point. My simmies allways seem to know when I'm not watching. Thats when they skip school or work. Bahaha. I think I will do this tonight. I'm going to attempt installing the hotel in the OP. Hopefully it will work. It usually doesnt for me tho
    :(
    yabajen wrote:
    I haven't tried so I'm not sure if they would still contribute if they are unselectable, maybe you can try and let us know? :D

Sometimes sims "skip work" so its helpful to keep them selectable so you can make them go to work or if you have a teen in the house and want to pull pranks etc etc

Leah1980 wrote:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    One more question? Can the owner have a romantic interest living their s oe of the guests?