Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Hotel Challenge! (NEW, FUN CHALLENGE) *New addition to rules-Children + MAIDS now allowed*

Comments

• Options
    yabajenyabajen Posts: 1,187 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you so much for pointing that out! I never play vampires in my game so it didn't cross my mind lol, I will edit the original post and add a section about the occult as well as replacing new guests.
    You can read about it under: Edit #2 and Edit # 3

I love your idea about the widow and daughter by the way :D
    And thanks for spreading the word!

cwaddell wrote:
    This challenge looks like fun. I'm already thinking of a second generation of the owner. Maybe a daughter who inherits.

I have a question about bringing new customers into the hotel to replace deceased ones or ones we kick out (we can do that right?). Shouldn't we use family funds to remove any funds new people bring in with them?

Ooo, I think I'll go with "Ma Jones' Boarding House". The widowed Mrs Jones has no skills with which to support herself and her young daughter when her husband dies leaving her with this big house. I do like the idea of a room over the garage for a criminal or someone in music. They will put a special demand on the meal schedule since they have such late hours.

Another question. Will vampires be allowed? If so a crypt room would go nicely in the basement. They have special eating requirements that don't fit with these rules.

I'm going to tell my sister about this challenge. This would be a good setting for a murder mystery or a romance or some other suspense.

• Options
    Miax0Miax0 Posts: 15,840 Member
    edited June 2011
    If there's maids aloud wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of the challenge ? since the challenge is the owner basically cleaning up after everybody in the hotel
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Read the section under Edit #1 Maids for more info, I have just added to it to reply to your question.

Miax0 wrote:
    If there's maids aloud wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of the challenge ? since the challenge is the owner basically cleaning up after everybody in the hotel
  • Options
    Miax0Miax0 Posts: 15,840 Member
    edited June 2011
    yabajen wrote:
    Read the section under Edit #1 Maids for more info, I have just added to it to reply to your question.

Oh , okay :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thank you for all the questions that have contributed to making the Challenge more clear!
    :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    bump :wink:
  • Options
    ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited June 2011
    Will bookmark this challenge. I will have to do this challenge in the future, though, as I have just started a new challenge. This sounds like loads of fun though!

Sounds challenging! It would make an interesting story. I will definitely be trying this in the future!
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited June 2011
    how do you enter the family funds cheat?
  • Options
    puppyluvvpuppyluvv Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2011
    I think I might try this, I'm just going to have to download a hotel cause I can't build for my life XD
    Hey, maybe I'll even make this into a story! *Plans*
    generation-two-banner-trait.png?w=640
    Our Lives are Better Left to Chance - A Legacy
  • Options
    FashonistaLadyFashonistaLady Posts: 894
    edited June 2011
    fleshjenn wrote:
    how do you enter the family funds cheat?

In the cheat bar, type:

familyfunds (last name of family) (how much money)

• Options
    skypup4skypup4 Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2011
    I've been working on this challenge, and so far it's been really fun. I used one of the pre-made hotels. This one: screenshot_original.jpg

My hotel owner, screenshot_original.jpg

My married couple, busy at work on her computer (wife).
    screenshot_original.jpg

My evil and insane sim. Yes, she WAS just swimming in her clothes! lol
    screenshot_original.jpg

My party animal sim getting a job at the theatre. (Notice the dirty look she is giving that random girl!)
    screenshot_original.jpg

My snobby sim:
    screenshot_original.jpg

My grumpy old guy sim. He likes to swim a lot. He's almost always in the pool. :?:
    screenshot_original.jpg

And, last but not least, the flirty sim, who appears to be eating the salad AND the salad bowl.
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    savethetigers7121savethetigers7121 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited June 2011
    Screenshot-129.jpg
    The exterior of the hotel I built for the challenge. I'm not finished with landscaping yet (I hate landscaping). The room farthest right on the ground level is the common area where three square meals are served daily (if you count Hot Dogs as square). The room farthest left on the ground level is the gym. Levels one and two each have three bedrooms, and each level has it's own little entertainment area. I'll try get better photos later.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Skypup4 your pictures and captions made me laugh so much :lol::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Can't wait to see more updates and I'm glad you're enjoying the challenge so far :D

Save the tigers your hotel looks great so far and can't wait to see your owner and residents :D

Will bookmark this challenge. I will have to do this challenge in the future, though, as I have just started a new challenge. This sounds like loads of fun though!

Sounds challenging! It would make an interesting story. I will definitely be trying this in the future!

Thanks for bookmarking! :mrgreen:
    puppyluvv wrote:
    I think I might try this, I'm just going to have to download a hotel cause I can't build for my life XD
    Hey, maybe I'll even make this into a story! *Plans*

Yes I had to download and alter a hotel too because I suck at building but making the alterations was really fun and I enjoyed furnishing the hotel :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    tootsootootsoo Posts: 863 Member
    edited June 2011
    I started building a hotel but now that I see how all of you have built your hotels mine doesn't have a modern hotel feel to it... It's more like an old-ish hotel. Even though the hotel does have an elevator.

My story is going to be about two sisters who always wanted to run a hotel. Or just 1 sister.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The hotel doesn't have to be modern, someone on here even mentioned they were going to build a 40's style hotel which I thought was really cool!

It's your hotel so you get to pick the theme :wink:
    tootsoo wrote:
    I started building a hotel but now that I see how all of you have built your hotels mine doesn't have a modern hotel feel to it... It's more like an old-ish hotel. Even though the hotel does have an elevator.

My story is going to be about two sisters who always wanted to run a hotel. Or just 1 sister.
  • Options
    FanOfMyselfFanOfMyself Posts: 187
    edited June 2011
    I wish I didn't have so many things to fo in RL, as well as SLOWLY doing the legacy challenge, it's a pain in my butt, however I love it... *bookmark*
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    No rush :wink::mrgreen:
    I wish I didn't have so many things to fo in RL, as well as SLOWLY doing the legacy challenge, it's a pain in my butt, however I love it... *bookmark*
  • Options
    FanOfMyselfFanOfMyself Posts: 187
    edited June 2011
    I know :) Really just wanna get these things done in RL though... Then get legacy challenge done as well ugh... But this one, I will never go "ugh" :mrgreen:
    yabajen wrote:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Aww thank you! :D I'm glad you like it thank you for bookmarking, good luck with everything! :D
    I know :) Really just wanna get these things done in RL though... Then get legacy challenge done as well ugh... But this one, I will never go "ugh" :mrgreen:
    yabajen wrote:
  • Options
    DemenshiaDemenshia Posts: 542 Member
    edited June 2011
    sounds like a lot of fun. I might have to try this one and do a story with it. So you just put it on high free will and the guests will look after themselves except for eating/cleaning? (I've never played with free will on so not sure how it works out lol)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I still cant get the cheat to work for me to reset the family funds. do I enter the household name or the last names of the sims because they were all given different last names, so will i have to enter it 8 different times? also does it have to be in edit town mode, or live mode?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yes :D High free will. I'm the opposite, I've never played with high free will off :mrgreen:
    Demenshia wrote:
    sounds like a lot of fun. I might have to try this one and do a story with it. So you just put it on high free will and the guests will look after themselves except for eating/cleaning? (I've never played with free will on so not sure how it works out lol)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Your household name should be the owner's last name if you created them first. However just to double check, go to map view and hover your mouse over your house, the household name should pop up.

After typing this in the cheatbox: testingcheatsenabled true

Then open the cheatbox again and use your household's name.

For example, if your owner's name is Anna Smith and the household under map view is "Smith"

Then type in: familyfunds Smith 1000

You can pause the game and do this in live mode.

:D Hope that helps!
    fleshjenn wrote:
    I still cant get the cheat to work for me to reset the family funds. do I enter the household name or the last names of the sims because they were all given different last names, so will i have to enter it 8 different times? also does it have to be in edit town mode, or live mode?
  • Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited June 2011
    This looks really fun! I have so many challenges I want to do, lol. Thanks for sharing! Definitely giving it a try.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    nope still not working. i think i will just purchase some things and stick it into the inventory.