Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Hotel Challenge! (NEW, FUN CHALLENGE) *New addition to rules-Children + MAIDS now allowed*

Comments

• Options
    yabajenyabajen Posts: 1,187 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Yes! :D
    Leah1980 wrote:
    One more question? Can the owner have a romantic interest living their s oe of the guests?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    bump :D:D
  • Options
    ScarStruckScarStruck Posts: 52
    edited June 2011
    I. Will. Take this on. ^.^ I am making my designs for my hotel right now! :oops:
  • Options
    Leah1980Leah1980 Posts: 907 Member
    edited June 2011
    Quick post. I'm play right now
    hwg4uu.jpg
    First meal together
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well the owner hasnt passed out yet so I guess thats a good thing. But its 3am. I'm going to bed :P
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ScarStruck wrote:
    I. Will. Take this on. ^.^ I am making my designs for my hotel right now! :oops:

:mrgreen: Have fun!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I love your dining table chairs! Reminds me of a resort in Hawaii :D
    Leah1980 wrote:
    hwg4uu.jpg
    First meal together
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Eh, Im not particurly fond of the dining sets. They'll work for now. I was tired of decorating. I just thought of a great idea I'm going to use when I play. Im going to make each sims bed their fave color.
    yabajen wrote:
    I love your dining table chairs! Reminds me of a resort in Hawaii :D
    Leah1980 wrote:
    hwg4uu.jpg
    First meal together
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited June 2011
    I was finally able to upload so have some pictures from my first game (I have since restarted with a new version of the house and a reconfiguration of the sims. Also without "no bill ever" upgrade).

I bulldozed the fire station in Bridgeport, which is on a 30X40 lot in prime location with a view. From world edit I remove the tall trees blocking the view and replaced with small ornamental pear trees. The house then was 8 bedrooms, 9 baths (the one in the basement was communal with 2 stalls, 2 sinks and 2 shower rooms). The boarding house had 4 floors including the basement and attic.

Here are some pics:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

This is my business couple from the first game in the hot tube room on the back of the garage. Because it is a room it is private, at least as far as sims think so, but it has a view. This is my only couple in my second game.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Here they are in my second game dancing in the game room/cafe/party room in the basement. (He needed to practice so he could go dance for 3 hours at the Aquarius for a celebrity opportunity.)

screenshot_original.jpg

They came into the game engaged. She got the wish to get married, for 5000 happiness points. As soon as they got married, shown here, they each got the wish for the first woohoo, for 2000+ points. I was able to upgrade her to steel bladder, yay. Since she was a 1 star celebrity from sucking up to her celebrity boss the first 2 days they each became level three celebrities on Tue night of the first week when they married. He's already brought in a nice bit of money this first week through gifts and dancing.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Here is poor Margo, boarding house owner, slaving away cooking.

screenshot_original.jpg

Here is Kathy, the owner's daughter painting in the library.

screenshot_original.jpg

Here are the two vampire brothers from my second game (in the library looking past into the almost empty music room. Will get a piano and other instruments in addition to the current guitars when Margo can afford it.) The brother on the right wants to be a master thief and the one on the left wants to be emperor of evil.

The house in my second game has a hipped roof instead of gables and there is no attic. There are only 6 bedrooms and 7 baths. I started the couple off in one room and put the owner and her daughter into one room with twin beds. Also added the laundry room since I am playing with that in my second game.

In both versions of the house I removed the elevators since people taking the stairs got to their rooms faster. I plan to upload the new version soon and will let you all know in case you are interested.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Love your pics! :shock: :D
    And very cute couple :mrgreen:
    cwaddell wrote:
    I was finally able to upload so have some pictures from my first game (I have since restarted with a new version of the house and a reconfiguration of the sims. Also without "no bill ever" upgrade).

I bulldozed the fire station in Bridgeport, which is on a 30X40 lot in prime location with a view. From world edit I remove the tall trees blocking the view and replaced with small ornamental pear trees. The house then was 8 bedrooms, 9 baths (the one in the basement was communal with 2 stalls, 2 sinks and 2 shower rooms). The boarding house had 4 floors including the basement and attic.

Here are some pics:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

This is my business couple from the first game in the hot tube room on the back of the garage. Because it is a room it is private, at least as far as sims think so, but it has a view. This is my only couple in my second game.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Here they are in my second game dancing in the game room/cafe/party room in the basement. (He needed to practice so he could go dance for 3 hours at the Aquarius for a celebrity opportunity.)

screenshot_original.jpg

They came into the game engaged. She got the wish to get married, for 5000 happiness points. As soon as they got married, shown here, they each got the wish for the first woohoo, for 2000+ points. I was able to upgrade her to steel bladder, yay. Since she was a 1 star celebrity from sucking up to her celebrity boss the first 2 days they each became level three celebrities on Tue night of the first week when they married. He's already brought in a nice bit of money this first week through gifts and dancing.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Here is poor Margo, boarding house owner, slaving away cooking.

screenshot_original.jpg

Here is Kathy, the owner's daughter painting in the library.

screenshot_original.jpg

Here are the two vampire brothers from my second game (in the library looking past into the almost empty music room. Will get a piano and other instruments in addition to the current guitars when Margo can afford it.) The brother on the right wants to be a master thief and the one on the left wants to be emperor of evil.

The house in my second game has a hipped roof instead of gables and there is no attic. There are only 6 bedrooms and 7 baths. I started the couple off in one room and put the owner and her daughter into one room with twin beds. Also added the laundry room since I am playing with that in my second game.

In both versions of the house I removed the elevators since people taking the stairs got to their rooms faster. I plan to upload the new version soon and will let you all know in case you are interested.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    bump :-o
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I have uploaded the new version of my boarding house Jones Boarding House.

This shows the new roof:

screenshot_original.jpg

On Sat of the first week I added the last 2 household members, Henry Northrup and his teenage grandson, Luke. I had to move them, along with Luke's father, onto the 10x10 lot and then kick out the father. I did all that so that they could be grandfather and grandson instead of just housemates. Henry immediately read the gardening book and then went to China to increase his gardening skills. Here is Henry watching the gardening channel with Kyle and Kate MacFarlan:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Kathy aged up that Sunday but for some reason the game shifted the party to Monday. When her school friends showed up the remaining two played fooseball with Kathy and Luke :

screenshot_original.jpg

Here is Margo making the the MacFarlan's bed.
    screenshot_original.jpg

I'm thinking about having Kathy take over when she becomes a YA and give her mother a chance to have some fun before she's dead. Margo works non stop with only an occasional break. I may just hire a maid now that we have money enough. None of my sims have ever hired a maid so it will be a new experience. More realistically Kathy should probably be helping her mother. I didn't give her the slob trait since I intend to give her neat when she ages up so she can take over when her mother is gone. I have to keep stopping her from cleaning up dishes.

Here are Steven and Dominic Denton going to work:

screenshot_original.jpg

Here is most everyone together, except Steven:

screenshot_original.jpg

My household has:
    1 elder - grumpy Henry, the scientist
    1 normal adult - Margo, the owner
    2 vampire adults - Dominic and Steven, criminals (who will outlive them all)
    2 young adults - Kyle and Kate, business types
    2 teens - Luke, who will probably go into sports, maybe military or music, and Kathy who is slotted to take over from her mother, although she's artistic and virtuoso so may go in that direction and hire a maid. She just got natural cook trait though so we'll see.

Kyle and Kate both got the wish for their first child. I got rid of those wishes quick. Maybe when Henry goes I'll consider it and then have them move out into their own place.

How is everyone else's games going?

• Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hey Im back! done moving, just settling down. I still haven't hooked up my computer to play my game but hopefully will get it done tomorrow.

I am going to restart the challenge, try changing the name of the household and see if that works for resetting the family funds.

I have some suggestions to try and make it more challenging.

Its easy to make money if you force the guests to skill when not working, so to challenge the game further only control your guests on their days off. during their work week the only time you can direct them is to go to work, nothing else. example : guest 3 is fixing to make a mess on the floor if they dont get to the bathroom? if its a work day too bad, Owner will need to grab a mop!
    On their days off your can have them skill build, build relationships, complete opportunities. You would want guests will different career paths so you dont have to control all the guests on the same days.

for another twist on the challenge you can give them a head start. On move-in day before resetting the funds, you can choose 2 skills based on the sims personality, career, or LTW and enroll them in a class so they have skill points to start off with. The next day you must set the funds to the 1000 limit.

Making it a bit more complicated is tracking the individual finances of the guests. Seeing how much each brings in and only letting them spend that much. Such as if they need a class or buy something to complete a wish, they can only purchase it if they have brought in that much in funds.
    Example : guest 1 needs to take a guitar class for $400, but has only brought in 1 paycheck of $185, then sorry no class for him.
    Even if you have the funds available from the combination of the other guests. make sure to take a cut from each pay check for your sim.
    Example : guest 2 gets paid $300 a day, you take half for rent and amenities so guest 2 only has $150 from that pay for classes, eating out, or so forth.

Let me know what you think of these additions! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    To make the game more of a challenge, I was thinking that maybe any house cost over $50,000 should be considered a mortgage and needs to be paid off.

For example my house cost about $155,000 so my homeowner would need to pay back $100,000 +. Since it takes awhile to get money, the first week is mortgage free but thereafter you must subtract 10% of the initial mortgage each week. I'm on Thursday of the second week with $15,000 so this Sat I would need to subtract 10,000 leaving 5,000. I would need to do that for the next 9 weeks to pay off the mortgage. If I don't have enough money I would need to go into buy mode and sell off stuff to come up with the money. If I can't do that - game over.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    All great ideas but I'm worried that people might find the challenge more complicated than necessary if I add more rules especially ones that are so precise. Some people may be put off by it if it starts becoming too intricate :wink:
    fleshjenn wrote:
    Hey Im back! done moving, just settling down. I still haven't hooked up my computer to play my game but hopefully will get it done tomorrow.

I am going to restart the challenge, try changing the name of the household and see if that works for resetting the family funds.

I have some suggestions to try and make it more challenging.

Its easy to make money if you force the guests to skill when not working, so to challenge the game further only control your guests on their days off. during their work week the only time you can direct them is to go to work, nothing else. example : guest 3 is fixing to make a mess on the floor if they dont get to the bathroom? if its a work day too bad, Owner will need to grab a mop!
    On their days off your can have them skill build, build relationships, complete opportunities. You would want guests will different career paths so you dont have to control all the guests on the same days.

for another twist on the challenge you can give them a head start. On move-in day before resetting the funds, you can choose 2 skills based on the sims personality, career, or LTW and enroll them in a class so they have skill points to start off with. The next day you must set the funds to the 1000 limit.

Making it a bit more complicated is tracking the individual finances of the guests. Seeing how much each brings in and only letting them spend that much. Such as if they need a class or buy something to complete a wish, they can only purchase it if they have brought in that much in funds.
    Example : guest 1 needs to take a guitar class for $400, but has only brought in 1 paycheck of $185, then sorry no class for him.
    Even if you have the funds available from the combination of the other guests. make sure to take a cut from each pay check for your sim.
    Example : guest 2 gets paid $300 a day, you take half for rent and amenities so guest 2 only has $150 from that pay for classes, eating out, or so forth.

Let me know what you think of these additions! :D
    cwaddell wrote:
    To make the game more of a challenge, I was thinking that maybe any house cost over $50,000 should be considered a mortgage and needs to be paid off.

For example my house cost about $155,000 so my homeowner would need to pay back $100,000 +. Since it takes awhile to get money, the first week is mortgage free but thereafter you must subtract 10% of the initial mortgage each week. I'm on Thursday of the second week with $15,000 so this Sat I would need to subtract 10,000 leaving 5,000. I would need to do that for the next 9 weeks to pay off the mortgage. If I don't have enough money I would need to go into buy mode and sell off stuff to come up with the money. If I can't do that - game over.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    yabajen,
    All great ideas but I'm worried that people might find the challenge more complicated than necessary if I add more rules especially ones that are so precise. Some people may be put off by it if it starts becoming too intricate

Yeh, you're probably right. I was just feeling guilty for having so expensive a house without having to earn it.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    you dont have to add them as requirements of the challenge. just provide them as additional gameplay options. people can choose to use them or not, but gives them an idea of what to with the guests and funds.

As for me I am restarting the challenge, it will be a smaller hotel, with sparse furnituring and low end items, as the funds build all the beds will be replaced with better qualities. amenities will be added like the pool, and computers. I think this way I will play longer if I have a goal to reach in the end.
  • Options
    krose240krose240 Posts: 14,363 New Member
    edited June 2011
    this challenge looks like an absolute blast! i'm sooo going to try this! ...with my own little twists of course! :mrgreen:
    edit: its taken me all day to build the hotel...BUT, i'm almost finished now!!! :lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Post pics when you're done!

:mrgreen:
    krose240 wrote:
    this challenge looks like an absolute blast! i'm sooo going to try this! ...with my own little twists of course! :mrgreen:
    edit: its taken me all day to build the hotel...BUT, i'm almost finished now!!! :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeaaa! I gots my gaming computer set up!! I was losing my mind with my dads linux(spelling?)system, and my moms sad lap top. poor lappy cant even handle the sims 2 with more than 1 expansion. But now I am all set up and ready for a few hours of game time!!
  • Options
    krose240krose240 Posts: 14,363 New Member
    edited June 2011
    yabajen wrote:
    Post pics when you're done!

:mrgreen:
    krose240 wrote:
    I'm gonna post pics as soon as I can...and I knew I couldn't quite handle the full seven guests...I'll show pics of the guests and hotel soon... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Cwadwell, I love your boarding home you uploaded. I may have to download it. I love the house Im using now which is Le Grand Palace. But its so big its takes my poor simmy forever to get from one side to the other. I may have to give yours a try.

Currently in my game my grumpy elder passed on after leaving work. So I'm not sure I'm going to do as of yet. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Leah1980 wrote:
    Cwadwell, I love your boarding home you uploaded. I may have to download it. I love the house Im using now which is Le Grand Palace. But its so big its takes my poor simmy forever to get from one side to the other. I may have to give yours a try.

Currently in my game my grumpy elder passed on after leaving work. So I'm not sure I'm going to do as of yet. :D

Thanks for the kind words.

Now that I have discovered that 30x40 lot in Bridgeport I will probably play in BP more often. I usually don't make too many changes to Bridgeport - add skill book selves to the library and add a Simfu Academy, but will be bulldozing the fire station from now on. I guess if I want a fire station I can find a place for a 20x30 lot somewhere.

In my game Margo, the boarding house owner aged up to elder, Luke aged up to YA and is in sports, Kathy aged up to YA, Kyle and Kate aged up to adults, Henry, the grumpy elder, died. I kicked Dominic, the evil vampire brother, out. He kept getting caught by the police (therefore not working and not getting promotions), not doing what I had directed him to do and skipping work. Since I probably micro manage all my household much more than most people it is a relief to have only 6 in the household again.

Although Kyle and Kate have each reached their lifetime goal - CEO they both have a wish for reaching level 10. Kyle has gotten the wish for first child again. I plan all those things for them. Since we have so much money now (a hospital partnership and 40,000+ and 3 money trees just growing) once they have a child I will have them move into a nice house. That will leave 4.

I will probably do a remodel on the house, removing the top floor and put a gable roof on leaving room for 2 bedrooms and 2 baths or a giant master suite up there. Will convert the hot tub room in the basement into Steven's crypt room. Luke and Kathy will probably marry, have kids and the boarding house will become a family home with a vampire "uncle" in the basement. Steven may get the "cure", or get a girl friend or both. The kitchen and laundry room doors will be unlocked and Margo will finally be able to relax and have some fun.

I have hired a maid already. He is quite young, cute and flirty. He sometimes leaves, collecting his $125, saying he's done but leaving beds unmade. Not sure what I'm going to do about him.

From cashing in happiness points, we already have a moodlet manager and a food replicator. I've never used a food replicator before but will be giving it a try.

I plan to post pictures soon.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    cwaddell wrote:
    Leah1980 wrote:

Thanks for the kind words.

Now that I have discovered that 30x40 lot in Bridgeport I will probably play in BP more often. I usually don't make too many changes to Bridgeport - add skill book selves to the library and add a Simfu Academy, but will be bulldozing the fire station from now on. I guess if I want a fire station I can find a place for a 20x30 lot somewhere.

In my game Margo, the boarding house owner aged up to elder, Luke aged up to YA and is in sports, Kathy aged up to YA, Kyle and Kate aged up to adults, Henry, the grumpy elder, died. I kicked Dominic, the evil vampire brother, out. He kept getting caught by the police (therefore not working and not getting promotions), not doing what I had directed him to do and skipping work. Since I probably micro manage all my household much more than most people it is a relief to have only 6 in the household again.

Although Kyle and Kate have each reached their lifetime goal - CEO they both have a wish for reaching level 10. Kyle has gotten the wish for first child again. I plan all those things for them. Since we have so much money now (a hospital partnership and 40,000+ and 3 money trees just growing) once they have a child I will have them move into a nice house. That will leave 4.

I will probably do a remodel on the house, removing the top floor and put a gable roof on leaving room for 2 bedrooms and 2 baths or a giant master suite up there. Will convert the hot tub room in the basement into Steven's crypt room. Luke and Kathy will probably marry, have kids and the boarding house will become a family home with a vampire "uncle" in the basement. Steven may get the "cure", or get a girl friend or both. The kitchen and laundry room doors will be unlocked and Margo will finally be able to relax and have some fun.

I have hired a maid already. He is quite young, cute and flirty. He sometimes leaves, collecting his $125, saying he's done but leaving beds unmade. Not sure what I'm going to do about him.

From cashing in happiness points, we already have a moodlet manager and a food replicator. I've never used a food replicator before but will be giving it a try.

I plan to post pictures soon.
    I also have my game in Bridgeport. I deleted the Butterfly Esplanade cos it was the only place big enough close to town. lol
    I micro manage my boarders as well. Like I make sure there needs are met as far as bladder and hygene. I also look at their job performance. If one needs to improve Charisma Ill have them read. Or send one to town to do performances. I also like to send them clubbing on the weekends to try and make friends and have fun:D
  • Options
    edited June 2011

screenshot_original.jpg
    With Luke in the household Kathy had someone to hang out with. They did homework together, fished and played games, becoming best friends in the process. I had both Kathy and Luke use the "consider attractiveness" friendly interactive that is part of Twallan's Woohooer mod. They each found the other "blazingly attractive, 10 out of 10" so I had them complimented each other's appearance. In the next day or two Luke, who is a great kisser, wanted to kiss Kathy for the first time. That was the beginning of their romance.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Margo ages up.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Luke ages up.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Games version of Luke.

screenshot_original.jpg
    My version.

screenshot_original.jpg
    At Waylon's Haunt: Luke plays darts, Dominic dances with and then reads a patron's mind, Henry and Margo play fooseball, Kathy, Kyle and Kate dance. Steven was getting ready for work.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Kathy aging up.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Luke had the wish to woohoo with Kathy ever since she aged up. He jogged almost everywhere and liked to soak in the hot tub as soon as he got home. One evening he called Kathy in to cuddle.

As soon as she got there she also wished to woohoo and to makeout in a hot tub.

screenshot_original.jpg

Wish granted.