The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else dissapointed by this? *Updated - Guru response*

Comments

• Options
    DeadlySimPDeadlySimP Posts: 2,124 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Me too...Like this freaking Dr.Pepper promos...It is so not fair for us not in the US to lose all these stuff...
    :|

(I am the first one to buy them in our town :P )
  • Options
    BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    edited June 2011
    DeadlySimP wrote:
    Me too...Like this freaking Dr.Pepper promos...It is so not fair for us not in the US to lose all these stuff...
    :|

(I am the first one to buy them in our town :P )
    I've never been intrested in the Dr. Pepper items, but if I were I would have gone insane.. -A-
  • Options
    xoallyxoally Posts: 75
    edited June 2011
    It says you can get the limited edition version through Digital Download, but EA help just told me this:

Rodney: I am sorry limited edition is not available on Origin store.
    Rodney: Please visit the official forum site of EA to get the latest update.

So if I digital download it, I won't get the limited edition copy?
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,973 Member
    edited June 2011
    Simurg wrote:
    let me reiterate that the limited edition does not cost any more than the regular edition.

If so, why do EA create a limited edition? What's the point? Big companies like EA shouldn't try to fool their customers.

I do not see this as wrong as others say it is, limited edition is just what it means. If EA wish to do this that is their perogative, you have four months to do what you have to do to get the limited edition of pets and it is only $39.99. Lots of companies does this and it is nothing new. I will be definantly jumping on this. If you getting a new computer or whatever, it does not stop one from buying the game. If you just came into Sims series after the LTD edition is sold out that is the breaks. The only thing I have to say is that EA should still allow users to build their own pet shops even if they can't utilize the special items. This is a selling tactic to lure more sales if you put put LTD on it more will buy it and as I said not only EA does this and it works very well :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Shizuko87Shizuko87 Posts: 215 New Member
    edited June 2011
    xoally wrote:
    It says you can get the limited edition version through Digital Download, but EA help just told me this:

That is odd, I just pre-ordered it, digital download as well. In my order history it says "The Sims™ 3 Pets Limited Edition (PC Download)"

Though I don't know if I would trust what they say, I was told in live chat that I wouldn't be charged for pre-orders until they are released. Along with Pets I pre-ordered Alice: Madness Returns and was just charged for both. =/
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Simurg wrote:
    let me reiterate that the limited edition does not cost any more than the regular edition.

If so, why do EA create a limited edition? What's the point? Big companies like EA shouldn't try to fool their customers.

I do not see this as wrong as others say it is, limited edition is just what it means. If EA wish to do this that is their perogative, you have four months to do what you have to do to get the limited edition of pets and it is only $39.99. Lots of companies does this and it is nothing new. I will be definantly jumping on this. If you getting a new computer or whatever, it does not stop one from buying the game. If you just came into Sims series after the LTD edition is sold out that is the breaks. The only thing I have to say is that EA should still allow users to build their own pet shops even if they can't utilize the special items. This is a selling tactic to lure more sales if you put put LTD on it more will buy it and as I said not only EA does this and it works very well :D
    But then explain why only american people can buy it?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Shizuko87 wrote:
    xoally wrote:

That is odd, I just pre-ordered it, digital download as well. In my order history it says "The Sims™ 3 Pets Limited Edition (PC Download)"

Though I don't know if I would trust what they say, I was told in live chat that I wouldn't be charged for pre-orders until they are released. Along with Pets I pre-ordered Alice: Madness Returns and was just charged for both. =/

Thank you so much for that information :) I will go pre-order now :D

Although, my basket still says The Sims 3 Pets, was it like that for you as well?

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Pudding000 wrote:
    Sorry I'm just reading this for the first time. But if I buy the game a month later in the store I won't be able to buy my own pet stores. I not that I'm not going to buy the game anymore because of that, It's just stupid. I don't understand why they do this if it cost the same anyway? :(

Sorry for the bad english =.=

May look stupid to you but it is a selling tactic that works. Example: If I was offered Crysis 2 regular edition with no bonus upgrades and then was offered Crysis 2 Limited Edition with upgrades and they both cost 49.99 which edition would sell more? it may seem like EA is shooting themselves in the foot, but they are not, The limited edition will draw in a lot of sales for the bonus items versus the one without. Also limited edition means only for a limited time and after that it is unavailable, EA still makes sales even if some people are displeased. EA can turn around later down the road and say why don't we offer this to those that have not had the chance for a nominal fee in the store and then EA gets to double dip. When Limited Editions is on offered anything and you are interested in it, it is important to be the early worm.(I brought Crysis 2 Limited Edition). :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    BimleSim wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Simurg wrote:

The Guru said it does not know what regions or what stores will opt into it. I would wait a little bit and see what info comes out. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    BimleSim wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Simurg wrote:

The Guru said it does not know what regions or what stores will opt into it. I would wait a little bit and see what info comes out. :D
    But everyone here is starting to say that it is only for US and Cananda :?

I really hope they are wrong, and I hope Denmark will get the LE. denmark may be a small country, but it have extremely many simmers.
  • Options
    TateSaundersTateSaunders Posts: 997 New Member
    edited June 2011
    doodlesam wrote:
    After re-reading it all. It seems EA has can be rather awkward at wording things(Or I'm just awkward at reading things)

"Limited Edition Content:

Give your Sims and their pets an exclusive pet store venue or create your own custom pet store by placing a pet store register on a community lot and building as you like. With the Limited Edition you can:

* Change the look and feel of your Sims’ town with an exclusive venue!
    * Give your Sims a new place to meet up with other Sims and their pets!
    * Get unique objects only available in the pet store!
    "

My interpretation of that is that the limited edition offers a brand new venue type, in this case a pet store. Which includes a new set of 'Pet store' themed items including a register, which allows you to make your own. In order to "change the look and feel of your sim's town", and "give your sims a new place to meet up with other sims and their pets".

However, from the way it's written, it could also mean that the limited edition offers you an exclusive lot made by the developers(NOT the venue type itself), to place in your town as an alternative to the pet stores already there/the ones you've made yourself.

It can go either way, as far as I can tell. So. Still confusing. However I still read it as meaning the former. :S

Hi everyone, let me help clear up some confusion on this. This is Graham - I should look into getting my forum name changed to match my twitter. :wink:

Anyone who preorders or purchases the game the 1st day it's out will automatically get the limited edition of The Sims 3 Pets. Any later shipments of the game will just be the normal edition. Both the retail copy and digital downloads will include the limited edition content. The limited edition will come with access to the Pet Store venue, which will include a number of exclusive objects. You'll also be able to build your own Pet Store venue if you wish :D

You get a prebuilt lot that you can place in any of your towns, the ability to designate a lot as a pet store venue and build your own, and a number of exclusive items. You must have the limited edition to access any of this, but let me reiterate that the limited edition does not cost any more than the regular edition.

If you're interested in preordering, it's already available on the brand new service EA launched today named Origin!
    http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productID.229351900?easid=Origin-Sims3Pets_PreOrder_Web_Herobanner_PreOrder

My question is... is this only from the EA store? What if I pre order from amazon and have due date delivery? will I still get the limited edition?

Unless Amazon says its the special edition only availaable through pre-order, I would not order it. I have not seen them post it. When they do, then I may decide to preorder through EA.
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited June 2011
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Simurg wrote:

No its not fair. EA is basically saying they don't give a **** about you if you can't pre-order or make to a store in time to get a limited edition.(so if you are 4th in line and the store has 3 copies appearently you don't deserve the pet venue) Building pet venue should be something that is included in all versions.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Will we in the UK get the limited edition? Every time I speak to someone at EA I get a different answer
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    MGSFan612 wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Simurg wrote:

No its not fair. EA is basically saying they don't give a **** about you if you can't pre-order or make to a store in time to get a limited edition.(so if you are 4th in line and the store has 3 copies appearently you don't deserve the pet venue) Building pet venue should be something that is included in all versions.

And those people saying EA don't care about them most will still buy the game. I am going to put it another way, if it is not fair, can a injunction be made to reverse EA decision? What is preventing one from preordering early to get the Limited Edition Like the saying goes the early bird gets the worm. This may sound harsh but when comes down to the bottom line is that it is me that counts, I already have mine pre-ordered for the PC and 360. You have four months to save your money to gets yours. The only part I do not like and hopefully EA will reverse it decision is those with the regular edition be allowed to build thier own pet store even if they can't get the special items. What in life is fair when it comes to business If Chrysler was offering a full sound system in the first 50 models it was selling, is it wrong that the 51st customer did not get it? What is your definition of Limited Edition? :D
  • Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited June 2011
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    I'm confused by this entire post. No company has sold a game and made important, established features "exclusive" or "Limited Edition". Companies tend to make items like furniture and clothing exclusive, or missions like on console games, but to make a feature like the Pet Store exclusive is offensive and disgraceful of Electronic Arts. The Pet Store has been in the franchise and available for everyone since The Sims Unleashed, so why are they make a Pet Store function that the majority of people won't be able to get their hands on? Ridiculous marketing ploy and it's a nail in The Sims franchises coffin.

I'll be emailing EA to see why they have this decision, although I expect I'd get an anti-social robotic response.

EDIT:
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    And those people saying EA don't care about them most will still buy the game. I am going to put it another way, if it is not fair, can a injunction be made to reverse EA decision? What is preventing one from preordering early to get the Limited Edition Like the saying goes the early bird gets the worm. This may sound harsh but when comes down to the bottom line is that it is me that counts, I already have mine pre-ordered for the PC and 360. You have four months to save your money to gets yours. The only part I do not like and hopefully EA will reverse it decision is those with the regular edition be allowed to build thier own pet store even if they can't get the special items. What in life is fair when it comes to business If Chrysler was offering a full sound system in the first 50 models it was selling, is it wrong that the 51st customer did not get it? What is your definition of Limited Edition? :D
    Ah, so you agree that the Pet Store should be available to everyone? No-one cares about the exclusive items of clothing and furniture. I do think they should be registration items for successfully registering the game, making an EP Limited Edition is bizarre.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    GommeInc wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    I'm confused by this entire post. No company has sold a game and made important, established features "exclusive" or "Limited Edition". Companies tend to make items like furniture and clothing exclusive, or missions like on console games, but to make a feature like the Pet Store exclusive is offensive and disgraceful of Electronic Arts. The Pet Store has been in the franchise and available for everyone since The Sims Unleashed, so why are they make a Pet Store function that the majority of people won't be able to get their hands on? Ridiculous marketing ploy and it's a nail in The Sims franchises coffin.

I'll be emailing EA to see why they have this decision, although I expect I'd get an anti-social robotic response.

EDIT:
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Ah, so you agree that the Pet Store should be available to everyone? No-one cares about the exclusive items of clothing and furniture. I do think they should be registration items for successfully registering the game, making an EP Limited Edition is bizarre.

oh yes it did, EA Crysis 2 for example. Both the standard edition and the limited edition cost the same, The regular edition do not have the upgrades that the limited edition do. Good luck on that email and hope you get a response. As far as the nail in the coffin, I see it differently. There is nothing confusing about my post you just do not know what limited edition means and how it relates to sales. There is nothing bizarre about the way EA is doing this, as far as registration items they only mentioned for the limited edition. There is no telling what the regular edition is getting. Whether it is a game, clothes, etc the priniciple of limited edition still applies. If you do not buy that is on you and your choice and I could care less if you do or don't. What counts is how I feel about it. You can challenge me to the end of time and it would not make a difference. Times have change and how business is conducted has changed as well. I do say wait until EA releases more info before jumping to any conclusion. :D
  • Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited June 2011
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    oh yes it did, EA Crysis 2 for example. Both the standard edition and the limited edition cost the same, The regular edition do not have the upgrades that the limited edition do. Good luck on that email and hope you get a response. As far as the nail in the coffin, I see it differently. There is nothing confusing about my post you just do not know what limited edition means and how it relates to sales. There is nothing bizarre about the way EA is doing this, as far as registration items they only mentioned for the limited edition. There is no telling what the regular edition is getting. Whether it is a game, clothes, etc the priniciple of limited edition still applies. If you do not buy that is on you and your choice and I could care less if you do or don't. What counts is how I feel about it. You can challenge me to the end of time and it would not make a difference. Times have change and how business is conducted has changed as well. I do say wait until EA releases more info before jumping to any conclusion. :D
    Your posts are very confusing, one moment you say that you wish EA would include Pets Stores in the game and the next you're telling people who know what Limited Edition means about the term.

Pets Stores should be in the game as standard, not as an exclusive feature which EA have never done with the franchise - they only ever make items exclusive, never actual features like a store which have been present in every game so far (Unleashed and Sims 2 Pets). Another thing is the bizarre fact they've made an Expansion Pack "Limited Edition" which in itself is a strange thing to do, seeing as EPs are limited by name and meaning to people who have already bought into the franchise.

Your example of Crysis 2 is irrelevant, as that's a base game - not an EP.
  • Options
    virtualhuman907virtualhuman907 Posts: 62 Member
    edited June 2011
    You know, I've been playing the sims for about 11 years now, that's half of my life dedicated to these games. I spent summers doing nothing but playing from sun up to sun down. every birthday and christmas it was all about getting the new pack. I've owned every single major pack from living large to generations (although I haven't yet registered late night and generations.)
    I love this series, but things like this just make me sad and disappointed. I know it's not really a big deal, I usually buy the expansions the day they come out anyways, but this leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
    I think it might finally be time for me to move on from these games. I know I might be being over dramatic, but I refuse to let a company dangle what should be core features over my head so they can ensure I spend MY money when THEY want me to. If this tactic works don't be surprised if they start doing it with every expansion.
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,152 Member
    edited June 2011
    doodlesam wrote:
    After looking on the EA store. On the US site, the limited edition content is listed as being included with the game. On the UK and Europe store, it isn't. Slightly confused here. It better be availible everywhere. :?

OMG :evil: , if that is true it really sucks...I think the pet store should include the regular edition and be availeble for everyone :roll: ...
  • Options
    drivingrevilodrivingrevilo Posts: 68
    edited June 2011
    I don't honestly care if i get the sims 3 pets limited edition or not! As long as I get pets i'm fine! But it would be unfair on all the people outside of America and Canada if they are not offered it!
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2011
    This is absolutely PATHETIC. I live in the UK and I do not want to download a version of the sims. I want a disk that I can hold in my hand.

GAME.co.uk sell limited editions of games but ONLY those that include the base game, hence why they are more expensive than the stand alone expansion pack. This has always been very confusing as GAME aren't very clear about what you get in these limited editions.

I cannot believe someone made the decision to remove content JUST to entice us to preorder. I would have preordered it anyway! Now I have this extra confusion as to whether I'm preordering the correct pack, whether it's even going to be available in my region (Yo! EA this is the 21st century, there are countries out there BESIDES America!).

I repeat, I want a DISK! Not a digital download. It's all well and good for people in America to buy through the download manager or Origin or whatever it's called now because they still have the option of requesting a DISK. I do not.

Really, is it that hard to include content we were supposed to get anyway? Geez...

Edit: http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC-Games-and-Downloads/Simulation-Life/The-Sims-3-Generations-Limited-Edition/~r355024/?s=Sims+3 - see? This is our limited edition for Generations which includes the base game, we do not have any other kind of limited edition (except the anniversary edition of Ambitions).

I want some serious clarification on this because as a paying customer I should not be treated like a second class citizen just because I do not live in America! If GAME are going to stock the actual limited edition version of Pets that doesn't have the base game then fine, I'll preorder it (I preorder every game that I actually want, so I would have preordered pets regardless) but I reiterate that whoever made such a stupid decision to deprive us of content we're darn well entitled to when we spend £30 regardless of whether we preorder it or not needs to re-think their job position.

The Sims is NOT a cheap series and never has been. People can live without the little preorder bonuses like a book shelf etc because they don't remove anything from the game, they just won't have that particular book shelf but when you blatantly remove a core element of the game that includes a pet store AND other little bits and bobs you cross the line big time.
  • Options
    deathquakerdeathquaker Posts: 42
    edited June 2011
    Well, because of the Sims franchise's track record of lots of bugs on release, I very seldom buy a game on release day (and never pre-order). I wait till there's lots of reviews ensuring it works and/or a patch for the game. I don't pay for it until it works! So I will just have to do without the special feature.

I do hope we can still build our own pet stores with the normal edition, but I can do without that too.
  • Options
    CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I just find it very mind-boggling that one of the most popular aspects of pets expansions is having A PET STORE. So, making everyone have to pre-order or go out the first day is ridiculous. I almost never pre-order or go out and buy the first day. (I usually never have the money) so now I'm stuck with pre-ordering just to get a Pet Store. I hate pre-ordering.

It's like, "Look, a weather expansion pack! But in order to have weather work, buy the limited edition! :D" <---great deal, huh?

no.
  • Options
    Blood0rchidBlood0rchid Posts: 669 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Edit: http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC-Games-and-Downloads/Simulation-Life/The-Sims-3-Generations-Limited-Edition/~r355024/?s=Sims+3 - see? This is our limited edition for Generations which includes the base game, we do not have any other kind of limited edition (except the anniversary edition of Ambitions).

I agree. I will be going to the store to buy a physical copy. I don't forsee an issue getting the first batch of LE games EA will be sending out (assuming they are sending them out in Canada, specifically to Quebec), but I feel it is wrong that not EVERYONE will have access to a BASIC feature of a PETS expansion pack... which IS the PET STORE.

I mean.. in Sims 2, the whole point of pets EP was to build the shop, and pick your pets etc... and not we can't do it? Seems like very bad form if you ask me.

And like someone else asked... what about pre-made families? Are we going to have to create a pet in CAS and add it to the household? Is that even going to be an option? Can we create a pet alone, with no family to move in? I very much doubt it...
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited June 2011
    Imagine the reaction if the Limited Edition was only on sale outside North America?
    There are 330 million people in the USA and Canada, there are 730 million Europeans. It would make sense. Why bother with the smaller market?

The reality is - EA know a lot of people wanted Pets, so they there`s a financial killing to be made if they play their cards right, hence Pets Limited Edition.

EA throw a spanner in the works with their "scare tactics" of "Exclusive items" etc and know those hardcore Pets fans will be frightened into Pre-ordering or rushing out to buy the Limited Edition whenever it is first released. We should expect no less from EA. It`s almost understandable, almost.

It is a worrying trend for The Sims 3.