Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Won't Install?

Comments

• Options
    hdcrippenhdcrippen Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    the patch worked for me. it downloaded in 7 min and then the game works, BUT... it is freezing up off and on and going slow.
  • Options
    AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    ok just checked it and the page opened. I hope this works for you
  • Options
    VeggieSandwichesVeggieSandwiches Posts: 9
    edited May 2011
    ajadra wrote:
    ok this link is what I downloaded and my new Sims3 game works!!! wooohooo here's the link hope it works for you :D

TS3_1.22.9.0110xx_update.exe
    http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS

none of the others worked for me. but this one did. Happy Simming!!
    Alright. I'm gonna try it. I sure hope it works.
  • Options
    SfarinaPSfarinaP Posts: 87 Member
    edited May 2011
    So what did we learn today kids?

NEVER NEVER NEVER be the first one to buy an EA expansion pack. I usually give them ten days to a month to let the first purchasers work out the bugs,
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'll probably buy the next one the first day also... I just take my time and get the stuff worked out :D can't help it..husband says Sims is my new husband lol (but he still loves me)
  • Options
    Mia26Mia26 Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    The patch that was posted a few pages back worked for me and was finally able to install the game. Thank you
  • Options
    SairuhboarboneSairuhboarbone Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    I downloaded the Manual Patch off the internet...hoping and praying it wasn't a virus....AND IT WORKED! Try it out! I haven't come across anything that doesn't work....yet.
  • Options
    ColdnakedmanColdnakedman Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2011
    It's a real black eye when the decision makers in QA and Support don't mention a whisper of potential fixes or a status update and, once again, my technical problems are resolved by the game's community forum.

So here it is, EA, I'm calling you out! You owe us an explanation, in writing.
    Either here in these forums, on Social media, or even in the launcher itself.
    If you have the typical reaction, and tuck in your tail and hide from us, it's your reputation on the line.
  • Options
    stateofwhatstateofwhat Posts: 61 New Member
    edited May 2011
    SfarinaP wrote:
    So what did we learn today kids?

NEVER NEVER NEVER be the first one to buy an EA expansion pack. I usually give them ten days to a month to let the first purchasers work out the bugs,

Seriously. :( I've never been so frustrated by a stupid game.

Edit: OMG THE PATCH WORKED!
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited May 2011
    My firewall was blocking my update, I turned it off, installed my game update and then turned it back on. try that
  • Options
    SimplyPrecious1SimplyPrecious1 Posts: 42 Member
    edited May 2011
    I found this link for a manual patch in another fourm, I'm going to give it a try, it was given out by one of the Sim Guru's.

[/url]
    http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims...s/TS3_1.22.9.0110xx_update.exe
    I want to give you all an update. It took about 40 minutes to download and install the patch, but it's working for me. Goodluck everyone.
  • Options
    wimes10wimes10 Posts: 19
    edited May 2011
    there is an new update that takes forever
  • Options
    wimes10wimes10 Posts: 19
    edited May 2011
    there is an new update that takes forever
  • Options
    SundayRSundayR Posts: 7
    edited June 2011
    Good to know I am not the only person having this problem. I was so excited to get home from work; so I can do the DD and start playing. Now who knows how long we have :(

Good going EA...thanks for playing with your players emotions.
  • Options
    MedusafernMedusafern Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2011
    rripleyr wrote:

I tried this one and got the message that it's for a different game region than mine o_0 OMG, so is there more than one of these update URL's, and if so where would I find it?
  • Options
    herzieherzie Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    Me too!! It's very frustrating I feel like $40 are down the drain!! This was suppossed to be the high point of my lousy day... :cry:
  • Options
    PelvissPelviss Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Medusafern wrote:
    rripleyr wrote:

I tried this one and got the message that it's for a different game region than mine o_0 OMG, so is there more than one of these update URL's, and if so where would I find it?

I wouldnt trust that link if i was u,that file is more then 600mb..wich is odd

also i also cant install the game,been waiting forever here sigh,im dutch tho,dunno why the link sends me to the american forum,but oh well...
  • Options
    Wiprincess523866Wiprincess523866 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I am beyond annoyed right now. Ive been literally dying with excitement about this game, and now it doesnt work :-(

*Sigh* I will just give up and try again tommorrow
  • Options
    chellexmariechellexmarie Posts: 279 Member
    edited June 2011

I wouldnt trust that link if i was u,that file is more then 600mb..wich is odd

also i also cant install the game,been waiting forever here sigh,im dutch tho,dunno why the link sends me to the american forum,but oh well...

Actually it's made the game playable for me and A LOT of other people. It was the mods who posted it and as far as I can tell it's quite legit :-)
  • Options
    MedusafernMedusafern Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2011
    ajadra wrote:

Okay this one worked for me, thankfully. The other one I tried said it was for the wrong game region. I guess I'll start up the game and see if it works. Thanks for your help!!! :)
  • Options
    Unnamed129Unnamed129 Posts: 25 Member
    edited June 2011
    God bless you! It's good to have people who know the answers when you get no response from EA!

** Okay, that didn't work. I already have that one, and will have to take uninstall in order to reinstall. Bites.
  • Options
    PelvissPelviss Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Medusafern wrote:
    ajadra wrote:

Okay this one worked for me, thankfully. The other one I tried said it was for the wrong game region. I guess I'll start up the game and see if it works. Thanks for your help!!! :)

I guess ill risk it and try the link too

#EDIT

The link worked the game has been installed!
    Thanks! A statue will be raised in your honour
  • Options
    tammylynn13tammylynn13 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2011
    yes I am too having this pain tonight.... I want to scream. I waiting all day to come home and play and now it's almost time for bed..... It is not good!
  • Options
    xAmethystxSugarxxAmethystxSugarx Posts: 128 Member
    edited June 2011
    I ended up totally uninstalling and reinstalling and just started fresh. Generations installed with no problem after that. Sad that I did all that prep work with families and neighborhoods and lost it all. I backed them up, but leary about adding them back into the game for fear of glitches/crashes. The game is running great, so I'll just be happy with that. Too bad it took about 4.5 hours after the initial download to get to this point, but that's EA.