Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Won't Install?

Comments

• Options
    KrispyGurlKrispyGurl Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I am so sad. I have been looking forward to this new expansion pack and have not been able to intall. I even did the recommended, uninstall Sims 3 and remove all installed extras. Only to find out I can't even play with the Outdoor Living Stuff pack because of the upgrade issue. :(
  • Options
    LedZeppelinGirlLedZeppelinGirl Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2011
    INFORMATION PLEASE!

See my previous post, but to recap:

Generations wont work.

Says insert Late night.

I dont use mods

I downloaded the patch.

uninstalled reinstalled the game

HELP ME PLEASE!
  • Options
    meli90909meli90909 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2011
    has anyone got it to work?
  • Options
    CagnyCagny Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    Woo! I got it to work. Manual update! I don't know why EA hasn't plastered this everywhere yet, but here it is. http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5269
  • Options
    nrpder2nrpder2 Posts: 4
    edited June 2011
    as soon as i installed generations it did an update. i was able to play but my sims would disappear or they'd be standing inside then next thing you know they're outside. with out walking like they twitched their nose and magically teleported. also i cant interact with some of my sims. i cant click on my husband to do anything talk, kiss, hug anything.

im reading all of the posts but i dont know the computer language or anything about patches nad manual downloading them. HELP please!!!
  • Options
    LACY80LACY80 Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    This is it for me and EA!!! I went through this same crap with Sims midieval, I am so done with spending my money on a product and it not working as it should!! You have my money so I should not have to wait for service!!! They have lost a customer in me!!!
  • Options
    Poppet1986Poppet1986 Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    I am having the exact same problem i dont have a mac i have a pc
  • Options
    thesimdeej33thesimdeej33 Posts: 986 Member
    edited June 2011
    Um guys!!!! Have you thought about actually purchasing the game in-store?
  • Options
    AmandaMarie09AmandaMarie09 Posts: 81 New Member
    edited June 2011
    For all those that ignored my post thanks. My game wouldn't install after I put in the registration code it wouldn't do anything. So I put the code in EA download manger and it showed up under the list so I got it downloaded and installed. It works fine now. Sorry for everyone who has problems. If you can't download the update go into the Sims launcher and at least for mine it told me to update it. Good luck to everyone. Hope you get your game fixed.
  • Options
    wolfgorawolfgora Posts: 19
    edited June 2011
    Having the same problem, is there a solution yet?
  • Options
    lilkajira82lilkajira82 Posts: 17
    edited June 2011
    So I picked up my game from gamestop first thing yesterday, and had the same issue with instal as everyone else. I redeemed the code with EADM and did the digital download and install, and got the "Launcher needs to be updated". As I had the Physical disk, I figured I'd see if the disk would update the launcher, and sure enough, it did. So, Download, insert disk, update, installed via EADM, play without any problems. For those of you that actually have the disk, I'd try doing that to get it to work, for those of you that dont, I am sorry for your situation.
  • Options
    MellaKMellaK Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    I have been trying to figure this thing out all day. I give up! I was so excited for this to come out and now i just want my money back.
  • Options
    Ashley42Ashley42 Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    Same here! Very frustrated!!!
  • Options
    craingerbeaglecraingerbeagle Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2011
    It seems it needs a patch for Generations to run, the disk version must have it incorporated but when you download via EADM it is missing.

I am downloading it now hopefully it will fix the install issue.

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.22.9.0110xx_update.exe

I found this from several other sites, some posts saying EA Support gave them the link.
  • Options
    Atari_ClassicAtari_Classic Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I bought my copy this evening, installed it just fine (it also did a game update), but I'd logged out for about an hour to go and eat supper, and now it won't let me back in! It says that I need to install ANOTHER update, and then it says my download manager is missing something. Anyone else having this problem?
  • Options
    Ever101Ever101 Posts: 14
    edited June 2011
    ME TOOO!!!!!!
  • Options
    zoewriggyzoewriggy Posts: 29 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I have the same problem :(
  • Options
    DayaDaya Posts: 276 Member
    edited June 2011
    Same here ... Downloading the patch from the link above...
    Reaaaaaly hope it works, cuz I can't even log out from my launcher, my welcome page is empty - has been for a couple of hours. LOL !! And I wonder howcome I buy an exp and quit playing for months... go back to the game, buy another one, which of course won't work properly.. and EA magical circle goes on and on ...
    **** .. :evil:
  • Options
    pisceschic223pisceschic223 Posts: 13
    edited June 2011
    I'm having the same issue.

EA really shouldn't have realeased this game yet, since they forgot to make a patch.

It seems like this is going downhill real fast.

I just want to play my game, without glitches.

I just want to be able to install it.

I never had issues with the other EPs.

Thanks EA :/
  • Options
    MattstopherMattstopher Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    craingerbeagle - THANK YOU! I had bought the digital download version of Generations on pre-order and was having the same issue as everyone else, but this patch you linked worked like a charm!

Everyone who's waiting on the phantom update, download from craingerbeagle's link above :)
  • Options
    shawnieguy13shawnieguy13 Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I put my generations disc into my computer and it makes a noise as if it is going to do something but it doesnt. So, I can't install it :( I am really eager to play it so can anyone help me?? xxx
  • Options
    David12490David12490 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Same UGH!!!
  • Options
    XxTheSimerxXXxTheSimerxX Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    i HAD THE same problem. Until about 2 minutes ago. Go to your 'Computer'. And check what letter is for the removable disk for your PC. After that with what ever letter you have, you go to Start, than type up '(your letter):/
    and an EA Auto run should come out, you press it and install!
  • Options
    zammerzammer Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Why won't Generations INSTALL????

Just bought it yesterday, tried everything & still nothing happens. NOTHING!!!! ***???? Shouldn't you be able to play a brand new game as soon as you put it in?...should be that simple but yah...NO!!!!

EA needs to get there **** together before selling us such CRAP!!! Soooo ****** off & fed up.

YOU SUCK EA!!!!
  • Options
    x_x_Gogo_x_xx_x_Gogo_x_x Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Okay so I accept that this is quite late in the game but I'm trying to install a store bought copy of Generations and it keeps getting stuck on C:\...\Game Data\Shared\Packages\FullBuild_p08.package

My base game is updated to 1.24.3.012002 and it keeps coming up with an error message about cyclic redundancy.

So what gives?